Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 04:02:29 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 188020 times)
Martisor-Sobru
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 522


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
 #2241

I believe that depends on how many of us decides to get refunds now. I think they will give a more solid answer after this refund period. They can recalculate all those that forfeited their 45% adn then they will know how much more they can reward those who stayed.


Exactly.

I stay. I'm not a mobster, I did not wash money ... why do I run?
I hope my stay helps them because it is worth it.
1508601749
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508601749

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508601749
Reply with quote  #2

1508601749
Report to moderator
1508601749
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508601749

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508601749
Reply with quote  #2

1508601749
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1508601749
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1508601749

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1508601749
Reply with quote  #2

1508601749
Report to moderator
omarabid
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 123


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:28:17 PM
 #2242

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.
erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:29:28 PM
 #2243

I believe that depends on how many of us decides to get refunds now. I think they will give a more solid answer after this refund period. They can recalculate all those that forfeited their 45% adn then they will know how much more they can reward those who stayed.


Exactly.

I stay. I'm not a mobster, I did not wash money ... why do I run?
I hope my stay helps them because it is worth it.

Some people need fiat so they take what coin they can now and cash out whilst market is up to compensate for 45% haircut.
Others just weak hands, much fear.

omarabid
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 123


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:29:59 PM
 #2244

This is bullshit and down right extortion. Nobody knows what will happen later. They might be doing that to let their biggest client get away and we lose the cash.

I'm not taking a 50% loss.
RedMana
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 13


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:42:51 PM
 #2245

In the refund page :
"To refuse payment by currency, write "-" instead of the address. "

What do that mean ?

We can withdraw only selected coins ?
Yes, but just that means they keep the rest. I think the current wording is "To refuse payment (donate)..."

This is pretty annoying for me. The part where accepting an immediate refund closes our account was an unexpected twist. I have small amounts on there in a couple of currencies that I don't have my own wallet for. So now I have to scramble to set something up or else abandon those if I want my BTC back.

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:53:37 PM
 #2246

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
https://www.exodus.io/eden/
RedMana
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 13


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
 #2247

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
https://www.exodus.io/eden/
Eh, I don't really consider installing experimental unsupported software "no-hassle". I'm just looking for an online exchange where I can quickly stash the less valuable coins until I decide what to do with them, and have the option of converting them to BTC if I decided that's the best course of action.

A multi-curency wallet program sounds cool and all, but it's not what I'm not really up for messing with that at the moment.
Gnosis7777
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 74


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:03:43 PM
 #2248

In the refund page :
"To refuse payment by currency, write "-" instead of the address. "

What do that mean ?

We can withdraw only selected coins ?
Yes, but just that means they keep the rest. I think the current wording is "To refuse payment (donate)..."

This is pretty annoying for me. The part where accepting an immediate refund closes our account was an unexpected twist. I have small amounts on there in a couple of currencies that I don't have my own wallet for. So now I have to scramble to set something up or else abandon those if I want my BTC back.

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?

You can use Yobit.net

erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:04:07 PM
 #2249

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
https://www.exodus.io/eden/
Eh, I don't really consider installing experimental unsupported software "no-hassle". I'm just looking for an online exchange where I can quickly stash the less valuable coins until I decide what to do with them, and have the option of converting them to BTC if I decided that's the best course of action.

A multi-curency wallet program sounds cool and all, but it's not what I'm not really up for messing with that at the moment.
bad luck for you then. Keep looking.
krizniq
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 168


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:20:18 PM
 #2250

Can anyone recommend a no-hassle (probably crypto-only) exchange that deals in all of BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH?
https://www.exodus.io/eden/
Eh, I don't really consider installing experimental unsupported software "no-hassle". I'm just looking for an online exchange where I can quickly stash the less valuable coins until I decide what to do with them, and have the option of converting them to BTC if I decided that's the best course of action.

A multi-curency wallet program sounds cool and all, but it's not what I'm not really up for messing with that at the moment.

trezor have all u have mentioned
nothing better than that...


You can use Yobit.net
worst joke ever

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
RedMana
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 13


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:23:37 PM
 #2251

You can use Yobit.net
Thanks for giving actual useful advice. As a heads-up for anyone else who looks at this, they seem to use BCC instead of BCH as the symbol for Bitcoin Cash. Almost didn't think they had it at first. But they do, so thanks again.
RedMana
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 13


View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:30:27 PM
 #2252

trezor have all u have mentioned
nothing better than that...

You can use Yobit.net
worst joke ever
Anything I should know? But again I'm am just looking for a quick substitute exchange, not some kind of fancy wallet system.
side-fish
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 3


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:16:46 AM
 #2253

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

So those six check boxes at the refund page is to agree to withdraw funds now and lose 45%, as well as your account?
erk
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:24:10 AM
 #2254

So those six check boxes at the refund page is to agree to withdraw funds now and lose 45%, as well as your account?
Yeah, the check box that says "I agree that my account will be deleted without an option to restore it after the return of 55% of my funds."   might be related to that.
thiec
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Activity: 560



View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:56:34 AM
 #2255

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.

rakka
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 10


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:05:06 AM
 #2256

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.

no the refund page shows that its todays rate... which kinda sucks
btcboi
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 7


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:32:19 AM
 #2257

If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.
figmentofmyass
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 490



View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:43:46 AM
 #2258

If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

btcboi
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 7


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:48:35 AM
 #2259

If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

DNA sample? When was this, what kind of DNA??

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?
Error 522
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 49


View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:53:42 AM
 #2260

You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!