Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:21:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199690 times)
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:09:59 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 04:25:30 PM by Arksun

The weird thing is, they have never had maintenance works without prior announcements in the past. And coincidently, bitcoin prices have been crashing since btc-e went down.

Time to put on those reading glasses, the initial tweet said  "Unplanned maintenance"  , kinda hard to announce needed maintenance when you dont know its needed Cheesy

Probably just a hardware issue with the servers, hopefully not a hack.  And the drop in Bitcoin price wasnt THAT huge really, we see those kind of swings all the time with BTC-E never being offline. Price is on its way back up again now.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 04:10:03 PM

Popular Russian bitcoin exchange BTC-e has been down for almost 3 hours with the official twitter saying they are having a "server maintenance".

The weird thing is, they have never had maintenance works without prior announcements in the past. And coincidently, bitcoin prices have been crashing since btc-e went down

In short, you are lying

Either deliberately or inadvertently but you are still lying. I remember when a few months ago there was a massive DDoS attack on this exchange, and it was down two times within the same day. First time, it was for over an hour (the exchange was essentially inaccessible), second time it was like 20 minutes. Unsurprisingly, a thread (pretty much like this one) immediately popped up here where the OP claimed that Btc-e had scammed on their clients

KrakAJAX

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:10:17 PM

Everyone must to move BTC to Electrum or Core before the 1 of August.
Otherwise you can loose all your coins.

LOL. It is already pasted by Theymos himself giving us warning about how we should protect our bitcoin before Aug 1. So I assuming everyone should be moving their coins to a secured location.

Probably is really a maintainance job

Probably is, let wait for their official twitter account. I hope they are not hacked, because this will surely another chaos before Aug 1.

Bittrex said that bitcoin funds of the customers are in safe. So is there a possibility to lose our bitcoins on bittrex wallet? I don't understand what to do now.
The topic is about btc-e not bittrex.
And 6 hours downtime is too much for maintenance.

Definitely, they are losing money by the minute. Unless of course they were hacked they would have lost it all by one minute Tongue
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:20:02 PM

Between this and the BitcoinCash attack the price of Bitcoin is holding up pretty well so far, all things considering. There's more to this then a "maintenance event"  though....

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:34:42 PM

Popular Russian bitcoin exchange BTC-e has been down for almost 3 hours with the official twitter saying they are having a "server maintenance".

The weird thing is, they have never had maintenance works without prior announcements in the past. And coincidently, bitcoin prices have been crashing since btc-e went down.

Are they hacked and just denying the attack by calling it a maintenance job (like most hacked websites choose to do) ??

Hopefully, btc-e comes back online soon.

Do not get too upset, guys, they've probably had some technical problems, I think they might end it soon, I do not think there's any hacker attacking it right now. Please wait for the official announcement from them.
bj9k

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 04:36:44 PM

Their MT4 servers are all online (150ms response time) and it is possible to login but not to trade.

Actually for the past 5 hours there have been some trades which I don't know how they were executed. BTC tick chart was showing some price changes but it hardly moved. ETH and LTC tick charts completely stopped 4 hours ago. During this time market watch was jumping from time to time.

But since the past 2 hours BTC tick chart also completely stopped and market watch (mt4 server time) is now frozen at 18:24:00 but logging is still working fine.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:42:16 PM

Nothing surprising btc - e scammed many people and people found them helpless , this can be a lie just to steal more coins from it's user, btc- e surely has the lowest btc price than overall market but that doesn't mean they are safe to use please avoid using btc- e they have scammed many in past and this hack is surely a cover up.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

It is not a Russian bitcoin exchange. Although the owners are Russians (they were Russian citizens in 2011, not sure whether they still hold the Russian passport or not), the exchange was originally based in Kiev (Ukraine). But now they are based in Sofia, Bulgaria. 

How do you know that the owners were Russian citizens in 2011?

And if the exchange had been first located in Kiev, how does it go with them being Russians? Their servers can be located anywhere in the world but it seems that "ethnicity" of an exchange is still defined by the nationality of their major owners. Apart from that, I've heard rumors that this exchange is in fact controlled by the Russian biggest bank, Sberbank through affiliated companies (or just dummy entities). If true, that would mean that BTC-e is in fact an exchange owned by the Russian government (read Putin himself)

btc-e.com trying to save LTC from panic sell

Panic sell? Litecoin right now seems to be slowly rising against Bitcoin again (to be honest, though, I wouldn't mind a small panic sell-off in Litecoin)

pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:55:39 PM

Are they hacked and just denying the attack by calling it a maintenance job (like most hacked websites choose to do) ??

Hopefully, btc-e comes back online soon.

Whether hacked or not I think anyone who value his coins so much no matter how little should not leave any on at exchange or online wallet because things like this. I faced the same issue with one of the online wallets yesterday although it was for few minutes which left without being noticed, immediately  I heeded to the advice that has been circulating over the forum for a while in which I would suggest everyone to do.
bj9k

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 05:03:57 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 06:41:36 PM by bj9k

Just forgot to mention that their MT4 platform is independent market which is taking liquidity from their web trading platform and that there have been times when either web or mt4 platform was not working but can't remember when their both platforms were offline.

But since they are now partnering with xBTCe that could be causing some issues. xBTCe also not working.

-----
Now 2 more hours after: no changes with mt4, everything frozen, login working, same server response times and only btc-e twitter followers increased by 1%. This looks like some serious issue. It is taking too long. Hope they haven't split the coins already Cheesy
Lord1700

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 07:38:03 PM

Do not get too upset, guys, they've probably had some technical problems, I think they might end it soon, I do not think there's any hacker attacking it right now. Please wait for the official announcement from them.

i like this +ve thinking. they will be back..most probably its a technical issues...those who are familiar with technical part they should understand and for most end-user..it will be hard to understand it. from what ive seen, most probably it has something to do with their switches..perhaps burnt out or short circuit.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:44:21 PM

Yeah this is messed up. It looks like they are getting DDOSed as the price is crashing hard globally. Haven't been able to access the site in many hours.

Having terrible experiences in the past with exchanges like Cryptsy, I am very, very worried right now. Lost a ton of money before, and don't want it happening again.
daserpent (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:44:42 PM

8 hours and still not up. BTC is falling again,
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

How do you know that the owners were Russian citizens in 2011?

The owners of BTC-e are Alexei and Alexander, who previously worked in ZhK Skolkovo Park, Moscow. Until 2013, some information was available on their identities, but all of that disappeared suddenly that year. We don't even know their surnames. I am also not sure whether they are Russian citizens or not, but since they have worked in the Skolkovo Park, I assume they have / had Russian passports.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

anyomne knows the cold/hot wallet addresses? that would be easiest way to check whats oging on

yolo
bj9k

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 08:02:37 PM

Yeah this is messed up. It looks like they are getting DDOSed as the price is crashing hard globally.

If they were DDoSed then their mt4 servers will be offline too but they are online and logging is working fine but trade is stopped.

The owners of BTC-e are Alexei and Alexander, who previously worked in ZhK Skolkovo Park, Moscow.

Maybe information at https://btceclaims.github.io/ could be true but who knows.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:03:06 PM

Between this and the BitcoinCash attack the price of Bitcoin is holding up pretty well so far, all things considering. There's more to this then a "maintenance event"  though....

There's no "attack". It's called free market at work. Holy hell some of you.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:03:10 PM

Everyone must to move BTC to Electrum or Core before the 1 of August.
Otherwise you can loose all your coins.

What do you mean by that ?
Is is related to BTC-E ? or you want to say something else.
daserpent (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:03:47 PM

anyomne knows the cold/hot wallet addresses? that would be easiest way to check whats oging on

Is it this ?

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/BTC-e.com
miikehunt

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:30:54 PM

Maybe Boris had a late night and tripped over the power cable.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: