Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199686 times)
SVK

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:31:13 AM

Going forward for Europe based exchanges should be taking out USD pairs and blocking all US connections and registrations of US businesses/individuals.
This can't happen again ffs.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:33:58 AM

Lots of sour grapes on bitcointalk.  I think some enjoy wishing ill on others.

Most users on btc-e were just simple traders.

Also the exchange had an EXCELLENT reputation in the crypto scene.

Definitely lots of schadenfreude. All over Reddit and Twitter too. Why are people so cold? BTC-E was long-running, always acted honorably, had the most reliable API of any exchange (hands down), had MT4 and PAMM. The trade engine worked perfectly, always, unlike most other exchanges I've ever used. This "criminal enterprise" narrative that the Feds created is spit in the face to all the legitimate traders (probably the vast majority of the userbase).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:37:29 AM

Lots of sour grapes on bitcointalk.  I think some enjoy wishing ill on others.

Most users on btc-e were just simple traders.

Also the exchange had an EXCELLENT reputation in the crypto scene.

BTC-e is quite good. I hope it will come back
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:39:22 AM

I am a was long a miner and now trader full time, lost a fortune here and am now devastated, never done anything illegal with my coins.... This is really a f$ck by the gov for all the legal users that I think are the majority of BTC-e.... screw this.

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:50:56 AM

I am a was long a miner and now trader full time, lost a fortune here and am now devastated, never done anything illegal with my coins.... This is really a f$ck by the gov for all the legal users that I think are the majority of BTC-e.... screw this.

Yes, what makes me angrier than anything is how they have branded the entire userbase as criminals. BTC-E could never have functioned if that were the case -- it had lots of liquidity, traders. A great API/trade engine. I (and many others that I know from Tradingview, etc) am a legit trader, and I think most of the users there were.

All they have is some transfers from 2012 that this guy, Vinnik, supposedly made. Suddenly, the exchange is criminal, and thus it's okay to steal from its customers? If they could even seize anything -- no announcement of such -- but they have now made it very likely that the owners will disappear with customer money. What choice do they really have? The feds want to put them in prison for life.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Error 522

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:55:14 AM

Yes, what makes me angrier than anything is how they have branded the entire userbase as criminals. BTC-E could never have functioned if that were the case -- it had lots of liquidity, traders. A great API/trade engine. I (and many others that I know from Tradingview, etc) am a legit trader, and I think most of the users there were.

All they have is some transfers from 2012 that this guy, Vinnik, supposedly made. Suddenly, the exchange is criminal, and thus it's okay to steal from its customers? If they could even seize anything -- no announcement of such -- but they have now made it very likely that the owners will disappear with customer money. What choice do they really have? The feds want to put them in prison for life.

This is how govs operate.  Think of world history - even that is lies upon lies.  US is the KING of the heap and the biggest source of lies and disinfo.  Everything that comes out of US criminal gov is carefully honed propaganda.

Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:55:47 AM

You may quote Old Timer for this:

I am calling Bullshit on this copy paste MS paint job

If it is official then The Marx Brothers (respect) have been resurrected and given control of DoJ.
YesLOST

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:59:14 AM

If it is official then The Marx Brothers (respect) have been resurrected and given control of DoJ.

It has been done by the "NGO" shadowserver.org - if you look at the design of their website you will understand.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:06:48 AM

this thread is somehow getting more and more toxic...

guyz, there is still hope. as far as i can see, they only got the fukin domain under control, thats it.

yes, im holding onto a straw, why shouldnt i?

lets be patient and wait until after august, and then escalate the shit out Smiley
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:08:59 AM

It has been done by the "NGO" shadowserver.org - if you look at the design of their website you will understand.

This is hilarious why would the DoJ let https site run while uploading a crap image on http that one has to jump through hoops to see it.

Why wouldn't there be an announcement in the relevant media.

I don't know if BTC-e will come back, but still calling Bullshit on this incident.
YesLOST

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:14:02 AM

guyz, there is still hope. as far as i can see, they only got the fukin domain under control, thats it.

Yeah and you know how that probably happened?

FBI came visiting Vinnek in the prison, either hand over all data, plead guilty and get 20 years lowsec prison with visits by wife and child every day or 1000 million years Guantanamo without seeing your family again.

Look at his face and you know he signed within a second.
anujjain

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:19:44 AM

this thread is somehow getting more and more toxic...

yes, im holding onto a straw, why shouldnt i?

lets be patient and wait until after august, and then escalate the shit out Smiley

Did you heard about Liberty Reserve, same thing happened with them they first block their domain and Liberty Reserve never came back online.
People lost lot's of their fund because it was one of trusted site. With this decision chances are very low that Btc-e will ever be back.
YesLOST

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:21:58 AM

This is hilarious why would the DoJ let https site run while uploading a crap image on http that one has to jump through hoops to see it.

Yes, I know, right, but I see technically no way of changing the nameserver and the resolving IP of btc-e.com to shadowserver.org servers unless you own the dns and thus, the fake looking picture must come from shadowservero.org and why would they place it, if its not the real thing? They are the owner of libertyreserve.com too.
smartcrypto

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:27:16 AM

Yes, I know, right, but I see technically no way of changing the nameserver and the resolving IP of btc-e.com to shadowserver.org servers unless you own the dns and thus, the fake looking picture must come from shadowservero.org and why would they place it, if its not the real thing? They are the owner of libertyreserve.com too.

cant open btc-e. https error, can you post screenshot?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:36:55 AM

Yeah and you know how that probably happened?

FBI came visiting Vinnek in the prison, either hand over all data, plead guilty and get 20 years lowsec prison with visits by wife and child every day or 1000 million years Guantanamo without seeing your family again.

Look at his face and you know he signed within a second.

Well, I'm not saying there is a good outcome here. I don't think there will be. But I also don't think Vinnik is an owner, nor has access to BTC-E's storage. If you read the Russian forums, those who have been in contact with the owners and admins over the years -- none of them recognize this Vinnik. I don't think the owners would step foot in Greece, either.

But this might all be irrelevant. What matters is that the feds want to shut down BTC-E. What the feds want, they usually get. Undecided
Error 522

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:41:08 AM

But this might all be irrelevant. What matters is that the feds want to shut down BTC-E. What the feds want, they usually get. Undecided

The corrupt American gov is virtually bankrupt, they will STEAL every dollar they can, like desperate thieves.

Still there is some hope left.
MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:46:19 AM

The corrupt American gov is virtually bankrupt, they will STEAL every dollar they can, like desperate thieves.

Not only will they steal every dollar they can, but they will also steal all the crypto, and auction it back to the institutional investors/banksters. It's such a cruel joke, really.

Is there? Honestly, I'm trying to give up all hope so I can move on. I'm trying to think about this logically -- even if the owners have backups and funds are secure, is it really worth trying to relaunch? Fiat channels will be cut off, and the FBI will keep coming. Undecided
YesLOST

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:47:36 AM

Well, I'm not saying there is a good outcome here. I don't think there will be. But I also don't think Vinnik is an owner, nor has access to BTC-E's storage. If you read the Russian forums, those who have been in contact with the owners and admins over the years -- none of them recognize this Vinnik. I don't think the owners would step foot in Greece, either.

They say, but is all rumors. I also think that the USA does not have the funds. The question is, if Vinnik was just a tech admin and an offshore company mule, would the other owner(s) just open btce for us? Now, at this time?
erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:49:43 AM

The "corrupt American gov' can print as much money as the like out of thin air via the Federal Reserve,  and the sheeple around the world will honor it.

What they are trying to do is close any method of exchange that doesn't involve on of their third parties, eg. a US bank. They want to control everything in the world. Crypto and cash transactions bypass that third party, so the only way to attack it is to go after exchanges, and ban cash.

Error 522

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:54:18 AM

The "corrupt American gov' can print as much money as the like out of thin air via the Federal Reserve,  and the sheeple around the world will honor it.

What they are trying to do is close any method of exchange that doesn't involve on of their third parties, eg. a US bank. They want to control everything in the world. Crypto and cash transactions bypass that third party, so the only way to attack it is to go after exchanges, and ban cash.

Yeah but THAT train is about to come off the rails.  And when it does, the bankers that own the fed will be the only winners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: