Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:15:05 PM

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.

Not if you can script it. One could even offer an online service to generate fake personal data for other data sellers. In fact even Datum could fill their own database with fake data. I wonder if they have thought of that and if they have a way to prevent it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:15:48 PM

That leads me to the question, how can our data be verified? Or is it possible to sell fake data?

There must be a way to verify whether the data we share is valid or not. But the chance for people to try to break the system will always exist. That'll be a continuing challenge for the team.
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:31:41 PM

this can be huge for government data feed like weather data to be exchange with other agency in world faster. Doesn't have to be data of all private information for  users. there are many use cases.

alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:49:57 PM

this can be huge for government data feed like weather data to be exchange with other agency in world faster. Doesn't have to be data of all private information for  users. there are many use cases.

thats a damn good point never thaught about it yet!
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:58:22 PM

5000 ETH in pre-sale was successful because they had 50% bonus, quite generous.

They dont have any bonuses for token sale? It would be nice even 20-30% bonus  Roll Eyes
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:58:31 PM

There must be a way to verify whether the data we share is valid or not. But the chance for people to try to break the system will always exist. That'll be a continuing challenge for the team.

If they plug into your connection to the ISP then they can directly take the data from there.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:03:01 PM

On their Telegram dev said ICO starts on 17th October and ends on 17th November so the information in this topic is correct and on their website is written wrong.

Thank you. At last devs confirmation exact date  Roll Eyes
Is there any bonuses for investors in1-st day may be?

I think the website is right and the person responsible for communication on telegram might be wrong

Here we go, ICO is again postponed and starts 29th Oct. Here an extract from the email I got today from Datum:

Hello ,

Last week, Ethereum decided on the estimated date for the Byzantium Hard Fork to be the 17th October. As previously announced, we had planned to start our public token sale on the same day.

Due to the uncertainty over the Ethereum Network stability during and shortly after the hard fork, we have decided in collaboration with our community leaders to move our public sale date to...

Sunday, 29th October 13:00 UTC (Datum ICO)

We also received feedback that the community would prefer the sale to be on a weekend rather a weekday. At the end of the day, Datum is owned by the community and we want to accommodate everyone as much as possible...

Good idea to move the ICO after the hardfork. For everyone this will be a lot easier and safer. Lets hope byzerium HF is a succes for ETH
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:46:48 PM

On their Telegram dev said ICO starts on 17th October and ends on 17th November so the information in this topic is correct and on their website is written wrong.

I think the website is right and the person responsible for communication on telegram might be wrong

Here we go, ICO is again postponed and starts 29th Oct. Here an extract from the email I got today from Datum:

Hello ,

Last week, Ethereum decided on the estimated date for the Byzantium Hard Fork to be the 17th October. As previously announced, we had planned to start our public token sale on the same day.

Due to the uncertainty over the Ethereum Network stability during and shortly after the hard fork, we have decided in collaboration with our community leaders to move our public sale date to...

We also received feedback that the community would prefer the sale to be on a weekend rather a weekday. At the end of the day, Datum is owned by the community and we want to accommodate everyone as much as possible...

Good idea to move the ICO after the hardfork. For everyone this will be a lot easier and safer. Lets hope byzerium HF is a succes for ETH

Just trying to make sure they maximize their funding. I don's blame them

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:48:24 PM

But how much is my data approximately worth? Did they a calculation?

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

Nothing what could be easy told, even by devs in my opinion. So many factors are important for this. In the opening post they wrote something about 2000$ a year. Well, it can be like this, it can be much more less.

can you imagine what sort of information is google getting about us? form search, email, maps, etc. try looking at https://privacy.google.com/your-data.html and I think it can be much more than 2000$ !!

We probably dont know half of it and i probably dont even want to know how much they know about us. The other day google knew my flight information's and was reminding me about the delay... And they got that from email that was send from airliner.  

MiBambino

Activity: 644

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:28:51 PM

Hello ,

shows them being professional. I wouldn't have much faith in a company that doesn't adapt, and like you said it's trying to make as much money as possible

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:29:03 PM

this project seems very good! I am interested in how it will work. Keep it up team.
I hope for good sales and quick access to the exchanges!
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Hello ,

The thread starter was only today but he didnt change the title.
The title must be changed !
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:36:56 PM

Well what is Fake Data? Yes of course you can sell Fake data, the app will read what you do. So if you like Things that you dont Like, when you visit Websites you dont like, than of course you sell fake Data Wink. But that would be work and thats Not the idea of the App, since you would need extra time.

Not if you can script it. One could even offer an online service to generate fake personal data for other data sellers. In fact even Datum could fill their own database with fake data. I wonder if they have thought of that and if they have a way to prevent it.

Fake Data is very much a thing! There is now already an adblock fork that fake-clicks on all ads on a site and creates fake traffic. The data that is collected shows an omnivorous click-stream. User tracking, targeting and surveillance makes no sense anymore.
ParRus

Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:07:00 PM

I would b interested to know that, too, at least a rough estimation. It's a pity that apparently devs aren't active here in thread, quite a lot of questions had accumulated.

Nothing what could be easy told, even by devs in my opinion. So many factors are important for this. In the opening post they wrote something about 2000$ a year. Well, it can be like this, it can be much more less.

can you imagine what sort of information is google getting about us? form search, email, maps, etc. try looking at https://privacy.google.com/your-data.html and I think it can be much more than 2000$ !!

We probably dont know half of it and i probably dont even want to know how much they know about us. The other day google knew my flight information's and was reminding me about the delay... And they got that from email that was send from airliner. 
2000$ a year.. imagine how much does earn Google if it's true. it's good that Datum team came up with this wonderful idea. this will improve the current situation
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:15:05 PM

Users can link their data to their verified identity such as uPort or Civic.

It means, that they have working with Civic or uPort? Or they will have own verified identity?
firstboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

firstboy

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:15:49 PM

Fake Data is very much a thing! There is now already an adblock fork that fake-clicks on all ads on a site and creates fake traffic. The data that is collected shows an omnivorous click-stream. User tracking, targeting and surveillance makes no sense anymore.

Yes, Fake data is definitely a menace. Lot's of sites or games that depends on ads revenue do deploy such tactics.
However, I see it less of an incentive to fake one's own data. Whether it is fake or real, the data will be sold at about the same price.
Why spend so much time create a fake personal and then sell for same price?

toolucky98

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:20:11 PM

2000$ a year.. imagine how much does earn Google if it's true. it's good that Datum team came up with this wonderful idea. this will improve the current situation
Well, if you can make something that can be as good as what they make, then you can imagine how much you will earn too  Grin
Sometimes we need to accept that great people with great project may get some great rewards.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:23:30 PM

It is true, look how big google is - possibilities are just endless and Datum can be very profitable company in no time  Wink
firstboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

firstboy

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:28:55 PM

I was reading the whitepaper and was wondering can health information be separately included?
I understand not everyone wants people to know about their condition.
But it would be invaluable to mankind if health information is available to pharmaceutical companies but at a premium price.
Pharmaceutical companies are pretty much unethical and earning billions at people's sufferings.
Let them pay through the nose. Also allow other pharmaceutical companies to tab on the progress.
That way, the patient can earn double or triple, enough to pay for medical costs.
Just a suggestion.

MiBambino

Activity: 644

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

I was reading the whitepaper and was wondering can health information be separately included?
I understand not everyone wants people to know about their condition.
But it would be invaluable to mankind if health information is available to pharmaceutical companies but at a premium price.
Pharmaceutical companies are pretty much unethical and earning billions at people's sufferings.
Let them pay through the nose. Also allow other pharmaceutical companies to tab on the progress.
That way, the patient can earn double or triple, enough to pay for medical costs.
Just a suggestion.

you'll be able to encrypt your data so that only selected people can use your data

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: