Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:34:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84827 times)
Custard81

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:29:55 AM

Going by what their staff say on Slack, social media is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of potential data sources.  I am sure one of them will chip in with more specifics at some point.

and who can explain in brief how this will work? can there be a demo version of the product?

Basically you'll be able to control your own data, sell it, and buy data from others. As you know, entities like facebook make billions literally selling your adspace to companies. They sell your data so that you're getting highly targetted ads, like if you 'like' a picture of a soccer player, you might see ads for adidas, stuff like that. Datum cuts out facebook as the middleman.

I believe a demo version will be out by Q1 of next year

That's the only issue I have with the project in the current form. I don't believe it cuts out facebook or others as the middleman, because they will keep selling your data. At this point, Medium seems like an alternative that needs to make itself interesting to buying parties in order for them to come to Datum and purchase their data there.

Think about it: Social media sites and email providers have very up-to-date info about you, which they can sell immediately. That will be highly targetable (in matter of seconds actually), which comes with a price tag. At Datum the user will have to keep their info/interest up-to-date themselves. I don't know how/if people will be doing that very often.

I actually really love the concept, but I do believe it needs some work (or a demo to make it a bit clearer).
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:46:39 AM

and who can explain in brief how this will work? can there be a demo version of the product?

Basically you'll be able to control your own data, sell it, and buy data from others. As you know, entities like facebook make billions literally selling your adspace to companies. They sell your data so that you're getting highly targetted ads, like if you 'like' a picture of a soccer player, you might see ads for adidas, stuff like that. Datum cuts out facebook as the middleman.

That's the only issue I have with the project in the current form. I don't believe it cuts out facebook or others as the middleman, because they will keep selling your data. At this point, Medium seems like an alternative that needs to make itself interesting to buying parties in order for them to come to Datum and purchase their data there.

Think about it: Social media sites and email providers have very up-to-date info about you, which they can sell immediately. That will be highly targetable (in matter of seconds actually), which comes with a price tag. At Datum the user will have to keep their info/interest up-to-date themselves. I don't know how/if people will be doing that very often.

I actually really love the concept, but I do believe it needs some work (or a demo to make it a bit clearer).

How often do you receive ads that don't apply to you? I get them every single day. Not only this, but it's incredibly expensive (sometimes 1$ per click). Also, they're gonna be focussing on large data storage and IOT integration. Their coins will be valuad at 1/10000 of the ETH price, which will probably be around 400$, so 1 DAT= 0.04$. Compared to the SIA price, adjusted for supply differences, it's still 33% cheaper than SIA, which as we all know is bleeding to death. I believe the Datum Network could reach a 1 billion dollar cap, or about 0.3$ per coin.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
dreaman

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:47:04 AM

i want to know the cap
MiBambino

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:30:54 AM

i want to know the cap

I believe around 150.000 ETH

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
guillzini

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

How often do you receive ads that don't apply to you? I get them every single day. Not only this, but it's incredibly expensive (sometimes 1$ per click). Also, they're gonna be focussing on large data storage and IOT integration. Their coins will be valuad at 1/10000 of the ETH price, which will probably be around 400$, so 1 DAT= 0.04$. Compared to the SIA price, adjusted for supply differences, it's still 33% cheaper than SIA, which as we all know is bleeding to death. I believe the Datum Network could reach a 1 billion dollar cap, or about 0.3$ per coin.

I get bad targeted ads every day as well, but that's most likely because I don't use any social media lol. And still, just using Google search gets me ads for weeks matching my search terms.

Don't get me wrong, I really support the idea of Datum. I just think it's a way to get a piece of the 'data pie' so to speak instead of really cutting out middlemen. I hope all data purchasers come to Datum eventually so we can benefit from our own data!
MiBambino

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:23:04 PM

I get bad targeted ads every day as well, but that's most likely because I don't use any social media lol. And still, just using Google search gets me ads for weeks matching my search terms.

Don't get me wrong, I really support the idea of Datum. I just think it's a way to get a piece of the 'data pie' so to speak instead of really cutting out middlemen. I hope all data purchasers come to Datum eventually so we can benefit from our own data!

That's of course just part of what Datum will accomplish. It's like NEO and ETH being great tools to raise funds during ICO's, but that's not their only use

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Cryptogeddon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:00:24 PM

BEWARE OF SCAM  Angry

6th of september i received a email from the datum slack channel.

You have a new direct message from the Datum team (datumnetwork.slack.com).

They asked for activating 2FA on myetherwallet

@kvhnuke-ether View in the archives

kvhnuke ether 4:23 PM, September 6th
In attention to all Ethereum Holders:

Due to the ETH fork happening later this month, we decided to implement two factor authentication on all Ethereum wallets.

Wallets unprotected with 2FA will not support the upcoming fork and funds may be lost.

Please visit Myetherwallet.com to upgrade your wallet to the new security level.

We are taking this measures to protect both you and our network from phishing and malicious attacks.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,

The Ethereum DEV team.

The link "myetherwallet.com" in this e-mail is not linked to myetherwallet.com, is it linked to "myetherwalTet.com" !

Be aware!  You CAN NOT activate 2FA on myetherwallet.

If people tell you to do, it is scam! they will steal your founds!
Rabbot

Activity: 1036
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:30:14 PM

What hapenned with airdrop?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2060447.0
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:43:12 PM

so we will receive money for viewing ads? or how does it work?

█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
guillzini

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:18:50 PM

The way I understand it is that you create a profile on yourself (essentially you give Datum your interests). Companies want to know your interests for whatever reason (creating targeted ads is just one of them). Datum will offer them your interests for a price, only if you agree, and you get paid for this.

This is essentially what is already happening with your data when you give it to companies such as Facebook & Google, but they don't pay you for this.
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:26:01 PM

The way I understand it is that you create a profile on yourself (essentially you give Datum your interests). Companies want to know your interests for whatever reason (creating targeted ads is just one of them). Datum will offer them your interests for a price, only if you agree, and you get paid for this.

This is essentially what is already happening with your data when you give it to companies such as Facebook & Google, but they don't pay you for this.

and what other interest besides advertising? that is, they will pay me even without viewing the advertisement? just for profile data?

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
guillzini

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:05:09 PM

and what other interest besides advertising? that is, they will pay me even without viewing the advertisement? just for profile data?

A random example: researchers needing information on health care of men between the age of 20-35 living in Europe.

If you meet those criteria and gave up that information on your profile, it can be purchased and you get paid. Just to be clear: according to their white paper you decide what info you want to add to the platform, whether it's public or private, free or paid etc. The concept is pretty cool.
MiBambino

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:37:52 PM

A random example: researchers needing information on health care of men between the age of 20-35 living in Europe.

If you meet those criteria and gave up that information on your profile, it can be purchased and you get paid. Just to be clear: according to their white paper you decide what info you want to add to the platform, whether it's public or private, free or paid etc. The concept is pretty cool.

Exactly, the way I see it is Datum will change the world of advertising

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Marbella_Broker

Activity: 202
Merit: 101

Find out who you are and do it on purpose

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:50:37 AM

Looking forward to an update now that the pre sale has ended.

Keeps us posted  Smiley
vitakrin

Activity: 392

Datum - The Data Marketplace powered by Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 11:49:18 AM

Datum Official Bounty Program Update Week 1

Twitter, Translation and Media campaigns have been updated. Please check the accepted participant lists and rewards here

Attention! Please make sure to carefully follow all the rules and procedures of each campaign you've applied. Otherwise you won't be eligible for reward!

Coming Soon!

Good luck to all participants!

Custard81

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:38:22 PM

Good luck with the ICO preparation.  I hope to see you on YouTube soon Smiley.
MiBambino

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:52:04 PM

Same here, youtube is a great platform for marketing (including affeliate marketing)

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:48:37 AM

Hi! Is the DAT Token Giveaway still ongoing?

How are we going to receive the tokens we've accumulated ?

When are we going to receive it? Been reading the whole THREAD but can't seem to find anything. If anyone can answer this, thank you very much!
MiBambino

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

Hi! Is the DAT Token Giveaway still ongoing?

How are we going to receive the tokens we've accumulated ?

When are we going to receive it? Been reading the whole THREAD but can't seem to find anything. If anyone can answer this, thank you very much!

I'm afraid it ended. Keep an eye out for the ICO octobre 17th

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Custard81

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:21:37 PM

Just as I say that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=NOTlH2sS1C4. !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: