Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:12:18 AM

is US or china going to allowed? how about KYC or white-list requirement?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:12:33 AM

Yes advertise is really important, caus datum is a big project who deserve a lot of visibility, and advertise a lot will afford more traffic and potential investor. And datum is a huge project with a big potential, people are always glad to discover a project like that.
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:45:34 AM

How long was pre-sale? On their site I seen, that pre=sale started from 11 August to 11 September...
And why so long delat between pre-sale and crowdsale?  Roll Eyes

The pre-sale ended on September 8th after collecting 5000 ETH. Those funds are now in use to further accelerate the development of Datum API, app and the service itself. In meanwhile, we wanted to get our contracts audited by two of the "big four" accounting firms and enable as much nations as possible. As you noticed, there are markets that are shifting and being positive towards the new generation of digital services, and then there ones that are not.

In order to protect our customers, we postponed the public sale, which is almost here.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:53:53 AM

So hypotetical case: Im on Facebook and Share some links of sneakers, furthermore I like the page of Nike. Than my Datum App get these Informations and Im able to sell them. But at the same time, Facebook has this informations and wants to sell them also.

Where is the advantage of datum for the buyer?

That's the point. I asked this before too. The answer was, other companies are middle men, which are no longer needed, but in fact if you take a company like facebook, they are no real middle man. They are more like the producer of big data collections which will be sold in big packs of data. I don't think companies will stop buying these until they really have an important reason for this.

Anyways, Datum could be interesting, but just if they will manage to build up a big userbase and maybe good deals with different companies which search for data. Otherwise I think companies will go on and buy at the big data marketplaces aka google and facebook.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:00:48 AM

Don't forget to subscribe to the official website and get a free coin. Thank the devs. The project looks promising.
greatteager thanks for information! - "New! Earn 500 DAT Tokens, first 100 when you sign up below." I wonder how many people have already registered, will there be a table? or will notify by email?

Those free 500 DAT for 100 people maybe already filled, but you can sign up now and get free 100 DAT and the chance to win a huge amounts of DAT tokens by participating on the bounty they offer.
windreamteam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:40:21 AM

A way to keep control over his personal data and to secure them and at the same time Datum offers us the opportunity to sell and thus be finally paid on the data of our choice.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:08:19 AM

On my first read I thought it was a storage blockchain like Storj, SIA or any of the other storage projects out there. But after a deeper read I now understand its to secure my internet data, my user behavior and all that stuff. I am pretty excited about it and will be following you with a close eye to decide how much I want to put in the ICO!
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:35:42 AM

How will you convince users to sell their data to anyone? I know most of the companies sell my data but that happens in the background and I don't know about that.
WHy would I sell my data to anyone?
Mystic90

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:50:28 AM

How will you convince users to sell their data to anyone? I know most of the companies sell my data but that happens in the background and I don't know about that.

For money Smiley Also i the future selling your data can become useful for your own convenience. Example, you dont know what to eat, but your refrigerator knows everything in your fridge and what you ate the past 1-2 weeks. You upload your fridge data to a cooking receipt app, that can suggest meals you can make with the stuff you have in your fridge and is divers from anything you ate that week.

Just one example of the many applications possible with data
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:01:08 AM

Interesting concept around a controversial idea. How exactly would this disrupt a huge company, say facebook, from giving out data?

wondering the same, what about the exisiting data ? how do u manage that.. went through whitepaper .. too techinical for me  Grin Grin Grin
will hold and wait  Grin Grin
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:39:14 AM

Jesus, everyone and their mom are sure doing ICO's these days. I guess I'll just have to read the whitepaper and try to keep up with the all the offerings. This is a damn full time job!

true, but keeping an eye on this one.  Grin
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:13:04 AM

For money Smiley Also i the future selling your data can become useful for your own convenience. Example, you dont know what to eat, but your refrigerator knows everything in your fridge and what you ate the past 1-2 weeks. You upload your fridge data to a cooking receipt app, that can suggest meals you can make with the stuff you have in your fridge and is divers from anything you ate that week.

Well, its your own choice.
You want to give it for free or sell it for money?
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:43:14 AM

So hypotetical case: Im on Facebook and Share some links of sneakers, furthermore I like the page of Nike. Than my Datum App get these Informations and Im able to sell them. But at the same time, Facebook has this informations and wants to sell them also.

Where is the advantage of datum for the buyer?

That's the point. I asked this before too. The answer was, other companies are middle men, which are no longer needed, but in fact if you take a company like facebook, they are no real middle man. They are more like the producer of big data collections which will be sold in big packs of data. I don't think companies will stop buying these until they really have an important reason for this.

Anyways, Datum could be interesting, but just if they will manage to build up a big userbase and maybe good deals with different companies which search for data. Otherwise I think companies will go on and buy at the big data marketplaces aka google and facebook.

Google and facebook are big competitors. And they are gathering their data for free. Datum will buy them and probably it wants bigger prices cause it is not gathered free. I really wonder what will be the sales pitch?

Still promising project. But there are some difficulties to work on.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

Three more days untill the end of the ICO, cant wait for the results!!

Mystic90

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:11:49 AM

I can think of many use cases where i would sell my data, and use it to my own advantage to make life easier, like the example i stated before
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

I can think of many use cases where i would sell my data, and use it to my own advantage to make life easier, like the example i stated before

Well, I am a privacy-oriented person and I don't want to sell my data but, I can't stop facebook and twitter to sell my data because I need them. Not sure what will be datum's pitch to convince me. Just money is not enough. If they could cut down the fb, twitter etc. that would be nice.
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:25:20 AM

Well, I am a privacy-oriented person and I don't want to sell my data but, I can't stop facebook and twitter to sell my data because I need them. Not sure what will be datum's pitch to convince me. Just money is not enough. If they could cut down the fb, twitter etc. that would be nice.

Just to take your example of facebook and twitter. If they collect your personal data to sell them and you don't want to relinquish them, why not take what Datum offers and make money with that data. With using facebook you already gave up your privacy so why not benefit from it.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:52:04 AM

Just to take your example of facebook and twitter. If they collect your personal data to sell them and you don't want to relinquish them, why not take what Datum offers and make money with that data. With using facebook you already gave up your privacy so why not benefit from it.

In an ideal world, probably i would never sell my data. But in this one, they are already taking it for free without asking me. If i am already giving away for free, if i have some chance, i would definitely get some money for it.

Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:55:17 AM

In an ideal world, probably i would never sell my data. But in this one, they are already taking it for free without asking me. If i am already giving away for free, if i have some chance, i would definitely get some money for it.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. If you have to give away your personal data anyway, you should at least try to get some sort of reward for it!
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:00:33 AM

well, just for the brain thinking Smiley

1 company will not pay you directly 2k$ for your data, thats for sure, maybe 10 Cent or 1$, but you will get your ~2k$ by many companys aka data buyers altogether.

I think you can sell your personal datas for way more than this.

More than 10$ easily.

If you have the right data for the company which want to buy, maybe yes.

But still I wonder, why should companies like Facebook or others stop selling our data themself? I mean, there are companies out there who collect everything they can get from us, they will not just stop selling it now.

they will not stop selling, but they are the middle men. If companies buy directly from end users, they wont need the middle men anymore. I love the idea Smiley

Facebook will buy from you as well, you know
Many companies will buy your data but best for me is that I could also decide that nobody will be allowed to buy my data.

Maybe I don't understand the project, but Datum won't/can't prevent facebook & co. from selling your data, right? This would mean, that I actually won't get back control of my data. So, even if I decide not to sell my data, whoever is interested in them, can still buy them from facebook + others.

You are right, if you back up your data to Datum, i guess you can sell it cheaper then social media sites do. Either that or let Facebook / twitter sell it to third parties and you'll get nothing. At least that's how i understood it anyway.

Exactly. It's not the data that facebook sells anyway, it's the actual real data. Have you noticed how some ads are not relevant for you? That's because facebook doesn't know everything. Now, once datum is up and running, facebook will want to get in on that, so they'll buy your data to give you relevant ads that you're actually interested in, so that 1. you'll be happier on facebook because you're not getting irrelevant ads, and 2. facebook advertisers will be happier because they're not spending money on irrelevant ads, 3. facebook will be happier because both parties are happier

To be fair, all the ads in my Facebook feed have been ads for ICOs lately, so they are on to me Smiley.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: