Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:28:51 AM

I will use Datum for sure and I'm very curious what the value will be of my data Smiley.
Just to be curious. Cant wait to be on the platform.

It's almost ICO time! I'm counting down! Cheesy
You guys are doing great work devs, keep this up.

I am also wondering what my data might be worth but I am not hoping to get rich with it. For me, it would be great to see that I don't spread my data all over the internet and hence don't have much that I could sell.

your data is worth more than you think. If you've ever advertised anything on facebook you know you pay around 0.40$ per click, and for every 50 click you get maybe 1 paying customer, because a lot of people click your ad because it looks cool, because they're vaguely interested, because they accidentally clicked on it, ... Now ask yourself, wouldn't it be valuable to advertising companies to know that pretty much each click came from a person that's likely to buy their product?

That's an interesting point of view. But how to use the datas they gathered to exactly send the ads to the client who sold its datas ?

Maybe they'll notify you via the datum network. This could be the end of ads as we know them, because companies might just literally advertise directly to you, like walking on a farmers market that only has the products you're likely to buy.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:47:11 AM

maybe this will be the final solution,companies that want to advertise something no need anymore intermediaries like facebook,google to take list of potential buyers but it will be able to call directly network like datum which may provide lists of users who are already interested in the product and who agree to receive such advertising...
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.

Facebook is investing heavily on big data technologies because they realized that data is gold and Datum project makes sense.

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Why would they buy it from facebook? Datum is selling same data as facebook already.

For me it is not 100% clear how Datum will collect the data en store it, without FB/Google taking it too.

Facebook takes your Facebook data, and other devices/services you login with Facebook. Same story with "Login with Google Account". Others have mentioned how much that data is worth, using measurements such as Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM - $ per 1K impressions) - but that's for advertising.

However, Datum's applications go beyond social media, as we are working on smart devices - for example, IoT devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers - possibilities are "endless" (well, all that API can support).

This seems to be quite interesting, to tap into data which at the moment not even google got into it
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:01:02 AM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.

Facebook is investing heavily on big data technologies because they realized that data is gold and Datum project makes sense.

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Why would they buy it from facebook? Datum is selling same data as facebook already.

For me it is not 100% clear how Datum will collect the data en store it, without FB/Google taking it too.

Facebook takes your Facebook data, and other devices/services you login with Facebook. Same story with "Login with Google Account". Others have mentioned how much that data is worth, using measurements such as Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM - $ per 1K impressions) - but that's for advertising.

However, Datum's applications go beyond social media, as we are working on smart devices - for example, IoT devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers - possibilities are "endless" (well, all that API can support).

So will datum be some sort of IOS , or will it run in the background as a filter which other apps have to go through?
viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 911

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:15:45 AM

So will datum be some sort of IOS , or will it run in the background as a filter which other apps have to go through?

Probably not. This is already some kind of spy will work. I think it will be like a normal application, and for every action should ask for confirmation of the user.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:31:02 AM

Now that you say this, I became very curious how they wil collect data before FB/Google takes it.. I read the whitepaper again, but all it explains is how datum encrypts data etc.
Only thing I can imagine is that Datum saves info you post and sells it  (if you want) to other parties for cheaper than facebook or google price.

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:36:42 AM

Now that you say this, I became very curious how they wil collect data before FB/Google takes it.. I read the whitepaper again, but all it explains is how datum encrypts data etc.
Only thing I can imagine is that Datum saves info you post and sells it  (if you want) to other parties for cheaper than facebook or google price.

you can block Facebook and google with scripts how a adblocker do it.
so maybe DATUM will block first the transmission of your data.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:01:55 AM

datum cannot block it, the user has to do it unless they give datum their credentials for fb or google, and thus, i dont believe it will be possible on datum side to block.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:08:44 AM

Yes but if you block fb/google, you can not create content to begin with, and no content is no data, hence nothing to sell.. So this was an excellent question. I really like to see a clear answer on this explained by Datum

alphashotgun

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:12:17 AM

Read the thread, it is allready answered. Datum will do nothing against it, because it wont happen. Why should someone spend his time on clicking on links he is not interested in, liking pages he dont like and so on? He would earn maybe 50 cents for a hours of work. It would be an active income, wich would be a really poorly paid one, instead of a passive income.

You are right about low value social media data, but people can also use Datum to sell other kind of data that is more valuable. Then the question about validation becomes more relevant. Initially Datum puts the burden of validation onto the buyer, which does not sound like a great idea for valuable data, but they also plan a ranking system.

hahahah an the ones who are stupid enough to work for that do earn their hard earn 50 cent
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:18:28 AM

You mean  Datum will block own data with adversiting?  Shocked
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:24:46 AM

Yes but if you block fb/google, you can not create content to begin with, and no content is no data, hence nothing to sell.. So this was an excellent question. I really like to see a clear answer on this explained by Datum

Maybe datum will scramble the data so that only you can unscramble and sell it to potential buyers. Like imagine a company knows 50 people in a certain area like its product, but they don't know who exactly.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:29:29 AM

I think you're getting the concept a bit wrong.
Datum will probably launch an app that will gather all the same data as Facebook and Google do on your mobile.
Then if you like you will be able to sell that data.
It's not that DATUYM has a partnership with Facebook or so, it's just the users personal stored data, that will be possible to sell.
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 09:49:58 AM

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Datum is a companion app that shares gathered data. The exact data gathered depends on what you give us permission to share. We're working on a calculator that shows how much your data is worth.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

Companies will pay for data in DAT tokens or in other cryptocurrencies (ETH, BTC) ?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:30:41 AM

Maybe datum will scramble the data so that only you can unscramble and sell it to potential buyers. Like imagine a company knows 50 people in a certain area like its product, but they don't know who exactly.

I dont know if is going to be like that but this sounds quite a cool idea to implement
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:33:14 AM

Companies will pay for data in DAT tokens or in other cryptocurrencies (ETH, BTC) ?

Yes, as per their Whitepaper Data consumers pay in DAT tokens.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:39:26 AM

I don't know how will companies pay to datum, it probably will be on fiat.

But datum will pay in dat to people who it buys their data from.

stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:50:28 AM

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Datum is a companion app that shares gathered data. The exact data gathered depends on what you give us permission to share. We're working on a calculator that shows how much your data is worth.

I must have that calculator - just for the laughs maybe, but I'm curious anyway.

The value of your data is standard for everyone or depends on other factors such as where on the world do you live, your age, income, etc?

Mystic90

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:51:27 AM

I don't know how will companies pay to datum, it probably will be on fiat.

But datum will pay in dat to people who it buys their data from.

Lets hope they will be forced to buy DAT tokens, to pay them in DAT Which would be good for the DAT economy.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: