Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:11:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84827 times)
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:44:43 PM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.

Facebook is investing heavily on big data technologies because they realized that data is gold and Datum project makes sense.

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Why would they buy it from facebook? Datum is selling same data as facebook already.

For me it is not 100% clear how Datum will collect the data en store it, without FB/Google taking it too.

Facebook takes your Facebook data, and other devices/services you login with Facebook. Same story with "Login with Google Account". Others have mentioned how much that data is worth, using measurements such as Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM - $ per 1K impressions) - but that's for advertising.

However, Datum's applications go beyond social media, as we are working on smart devices - for example, IoT devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers - possibilities are "endless" (well, all that API can support).

So will datum be some sort of IOS , or will it run in the background as a filter which other apps have to go through?

Datum is a companion app that shares gathered data. The exact data gathered depends on what you give us permission to share. We're working on a calculator that shows how much your data is worth.

I must have that calculator - just for the laughs maybe, but I'm curious anyway.

The value of your data is standard for everyone or depends on other factors such as where on the world do you live, your age, income, etc?

How do you want to calculate the price for your data? There are so many variable points which influence the price probably and in the end it's up to what a company want to pay for specific data. That's nothing which you could calculate before in my opinion.

Exactly that is also my opinion. The gap between how much they and how much you get out of it, is the most important thing. And nobody talked about it until now i think

maybe this is just because everyone is satisfied that they manage to get you something for your data. and something is better tha nothing

Sure, something is better then nothing, but overrated promise is also not so cool  Roll Eyes Let's be honest, people will not get 2000$ for their data in a year and I really don't think you could calculate all this stuff in before. I like the concept that you can make money with your data, but I also want that people are realistic to this.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:49:48 PM

Whoever said faking data is worth the 50 cents of hard work, there are other types of personal data besides Facebook clicks that are way more valuable. Like I said before, why would Ashley Madison pay people a good salary to create fake profiles? Because it earns them more in subscriptions.

You could say the buyers of that data are the men on Ashley Madison who thought they were talking to real women.

And now Datum says in their whitepaper:

Initially the Datum Network will rely on buyers to validate data and regulate fake or invalid data
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:52:58 PM

I found the Datum ICO on ICO Bench: Rate 4.1 not bad Wink

https://icobench.com/ico/datum

regards

ICObench is a shitty website, they ask money to up the ratings.

Its not that reliable but at least it gives some insides of the projects and gathers them in one place. 4,1 is still a good rating compared to some other projects.

you still need to do research. never forget that and don't outsource it to some review sites.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

Whoever said faking data is worth the 50 cents of hard work, there are other types of personal data besides Facebook clicks that are way more valuable. Like I said before, why would Ashley Madison pay people a good salary to create fake profiles? Because it earns them more in subscriptions.

You could say the buyers of that data are the men on Ashley Madison who thought they were talking to real women.

Initially the Datum Network will rely on buyers to validate data and regulate fake or invalid data

It would be quite easy to validate real or fake data; if a company receives data from 1000 people saying 50% of them are interested in buying the product, and only 25% actually buys it, they know the data is 50% invalid. Datum could then check those 1000 people and look for inconsistencies. Suspicious profiles could be banned from selling their data as a result. I don't know actually, it seems highly difficult to completely get rid of fake data, I mean how many of us have ever lied on the internet? 99,9999999999% doesn't seem like an exaggeration

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:11:42 PM

It would be quite easy to validate real or fake data; if a company receives data from 1000 people saying 50% of them are interested in buying the product, and only 25% actually buys it, they know the data is 50% invalid. Datum could then check those 1000 people and look for inconsistencies. Suspicious profiles could be banned from selling their data as a result. I don't know actually, it seems highly difficult to completely get rid of fake data, I mean how many of us have ever lied on the internet? 99,9999999999% doesn't seem like an exaggeration

There will always be fake data. Its not possible to get rid of that.
Datum will do there best to minimize fake data so the data that is sold has more value. Cant wait to check out there platform Smiley.

BTW: i never lied on the internet  Roll Eyes
gliridian

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:11:55 PM

I been seeing Datum for quite sometime now in many places like in Facebook and Twitter. To be honest they are doing great in their marketing and really stretching every venue.
And just now I decided to really take a look at it. I’m not diving very deep just yet. I’m just looking around on where I can put my spare BTC. And whoa! The idea behind Datum really amazes me. I mean, there’s really nothing like it yet ever in the market. It actually still belongs to the speculative markets where we still have to see how it will work. But man, I really want this to work! This is basically the stock market for user and device data. And data as a product is not new, but to be treated as a tradeable asset is something new to me. Maybe it’s not new but it is to me. This idea is promising. I will look at to it deeper. It’s research time!
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:19:33 PM

Any updates on Exchanges that will accept Datum?
Or there isn't available this info yet...
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:21:11 PM

I been seeing Datum for quite sometime now in many places like in Facebook and Twitter. To be honest they are doing great in their marketing and really stretching every venue.
And just now I decided to really take a look at it. I’m not diving very deep just yet. I’m just looking around on where I can put my spare BTC. And whoa! The idea behind Datum really amazes me. I mean, there’s really nothing like it yet ever in the market. It actually still belongs to the speculative markets where we still have to see how it will work. But man, I really want this to work! This is basically the stock market for user and device data. And data as a product is not new, but to be treated as a tradeable asset is something new to me. Maybe it’s not new but it is to me. This idea is promising. I will look at to it deeper. It’s research time!

I too am curious if Datum succeeds. I root for them. There are honest about the data collection and selling leaving you a choice while the likes of Google and Facebook conceal the fact that they are all about getting your data for free.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.

Facebook is investing heavily on big data technologies because they realized that data is gold and Datum project makes sense.

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Why would they buy it from facebook? Datum is selling same data as facebook already.

For me it is not 100% clear how Datum will collect the data en store it, without FB/Google taking it too.

Facebook takes your Facebook data, and other devices/services you login with Facebook. Same story with "Login with Google Account". Others have mentioned how much that data is worth, using measurements such as Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM - $ per 1K impressions) - but that's for advertising.

However, Datum's applications go beyond social media, as we are working on smart devices - for example, IoT devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers - possibilities are "endless" (well, all that API can support).

So will datum be some sort of IOS , or will it run in the background as a filter which other apps have to go through?

Datum is a companion app that shares gathered data. The exact data gathered depends on what you give us permission to share. We're working on a calculator that shows how much your data is worth.

I must have that calculator - just for the laughs maybe, but I'm curious anyway.

The value of your data is standard for everyone or depends on other factors such as where on the world do you live, your age, income, etc?

How do you want to calculate the price for your data? There are so many variable points which influence the price probably and in the end it's up to what a company want to pay for specific data. That's nothing which you could calculate before in my opinion.

I think that typing values for data that are already commercialized is the minimum in Datum, there are big companies that work with data packages for other Companies, and with this market being open and inclusive to Common people there is a basis for negotiation
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

Datum will do there best to minimize fake data so the data that is sold has more value. Cant wait to check out there platform Smiley.

But there is still the question how Datum can decide what data is real and what isn't. Or will it be the case that, whoever buys the data is responsible for that and will just offer you less if he finds out the data is faked?
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

I found the Datum ICO on ICO Bench: Rate 4.1 not bad Wink

https://icobench.com/ico/datum

regards

ICObench is a shitty website, they ask money to up the ratings.

Its not that reliable but at least it gives some insides of the projects and gathers them in one place. 4,1 is still a good rating compared to some other projects.

you still need to do research. never forget that and don't outsource it to some review sites.
Any website review and have rate score are need money when give these scores.
I just trusted my research and the result of pre-sale or the mentality of investors after a project opened crowdsale.
That is the reason you usually see many projects have whales all raised a huge funds at the end of crowdsale.
Rigorous

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

But there is still the question how Datum can decide what data is real and what isn't. Or will it be the case that, whoever buys the data is responsible for that and will just offer you less if he finds out the data is faked?

That is exactly what is written in their whitepaper. In the beginning, Datum is placing the responsibility of the validation onto the buyers.

But that opens up exploits from both sides.

Let's say you are selling your medical records. Insurance brokers will pay a lot of money for that.

- Once the broker has your data off Datum and has not paid yet, he can claim the data is forged.
- If the broker did pay first, then notices it is fake data, you already have your money.
areschen

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:54:56 PM

I joined Datum bounty 1 month ago ,  I never thought  this project not start ICO yet.
So Datum is storage backup service ?

Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:59:23 PM

That is exactly what is written in their whitepaper. In the beginning, Datum is placing the responsibility of the validation onto the buyers.

Let's say you are selling your medical records. Insurance brokers will pay a lot of money for that.

- Once the broker has your data off Datum and has not paid yet, he can claim the data is forged.
- If the broker did pay first, then notices it is fake data, you already have your money.

And how would you say could you prevent such exploits?

If Datum itself doesn't want to be responsible for the validation the only way I could imagine it can work is that another, independent party gets involved for validation and mediating the payment process.
haxllega

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:51:58 PM

Any updates on Exchanges that will accept Datum?
Or there isn't available this info yet...
It's still a long time until the ICO starts. I think if ICO is successful they will easily find good exchanges.

Rigorous

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:17:23 PM

If Datum itself doesn't want to be responsible for the validation the only way I could imagine it can work is that another, independent party gets involved for validation and mediating the payment process.

If I knew a way to validate data, that is, to be able tell absolute truth, I would not say it in here. I would start my own business. I would also get 5 Nobel prizes for the end of lies, identity theft, fraud, scientific uncertainty and last but not least, the end to the question whether extraterrestrial life exists Wink

Anyway, Datum plans to add a trust ranking system for all parties and linking accounts to identification services such as Civic.
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:20:37 PM

That is the big problem Datum will have to address and find a solution if there even is one. I think you cant put responsibility in buyers hands since their agenda in not to pay for fake data and the seller has to make sure it is real.

mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:24:32 PM

If I knew a way to validate data, that is, to be able tell absolute truth, I would not say it in here. I would start my own business. I would also get 5 Nobel prizes for the end of lies, identity theft, fraud, scientific uncertainty and last but not least, the end to the question whether extraterrestrial life exists Wink

Anyway, Datum plans to add a trust ranking system for all parties and linking accounts to identification services such as Civic.
Surely someone already knows this way, that's why they create a datum  Grin

haxllega

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:40:28 PM

That is the big problem Datum will have to address and find a solution if there even is one. I think you cant put responsibility in buyers hands since their agenda in not to pay for fake data and the seller has to make sure it is real.
There will be algorithms which will find out who creates fake data. I don't think this will be a big problem because it's not worth the effort.

mirx

Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:16:27 PM

https://blog.datum.org/wednesday-weekly-a-surprise-for-our-community-c3928dad93f0 i do not know if published here but alpha screens and report looks good
So its alpha stage already. Thats good. Hope all issues with possible fake data and data verification will be solved.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: