Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:20:31 AM

I have such high hopes for this project that I am dedicating 10% to it. Data is gold we should all be able to mine and sell or own data. I'm tired of Zuckerberg rich.

How tired are you of Zuckerberg? Do not think about the rich, but think about yourself. For example, you can sell your data in DATUM, and not give it to Zuckerberg for free.  Cheesy
I think that Facebook will remain a leader in this industry because most of people aren't interested in monetizing their own data - they are too lazy for it Wink

Whether people will monetize their data, I think, depends very much on how easy to use the Datum app is and how much you can earn by selling your data.

True. It being easy is the key factor on this. That and we do not yet know if and how this project evolves. We are in uncharted waters so we don't have any comparison or a clue that where this would go in the future. And what will be the challenges or unseen plus sides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
centrum

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:42:55 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

i read the op, then i saw that you conducted the pre sale last aug. i want to know about it..

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

answers are very appreciated.
You can see it on their site : https://datum.org/ , scroll down or search this : the datum presale
It was raised 5000 ETH

And it was successful because it did sell out Smiley

By the way, 5000 eth was the soft cap of the project so it is achieved too.

5000 for the pre sale? thats a great amount already. but how about the token sale? what is your soft cap and the hard cap?
or are you refering that 5000 to be tha soft cap already for the token sale itself which is already raised during pre sale?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

I have such high hopes for this project that I am dedicating 10% to it. Data is gold we should all be able to mine and sell or own data. I'm tired of Zuckerberg rich.

How tired are you of Zuckerberg? Do not think about the rich, but think about yourself. For example, you can sell your data in DATUM, and not give it to Zuckerberg for free.  Cheesy
I think that Facebook will remain a leader in this industry because most of people aren't interested in monetizing their own data - they are too lazy for it Wink

Also you need to delete all your accounts in the different social media networks and stop using google for example to produce no new data for this. But if you would delete facebook for example you would probably also take an important data resource for DATUM.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:59:52 AM

How tired are you of Zuckerberg? Do not think about the rich, but think about yourself. For example, you can sell your data in DATUM, and not give it to Zuckerberg for free.  Cheesy

Indeed! Facebook is the pioneer in social medias popularity. To gain such success they've spend a lot of efforts and times. Nothing is instant and I wish datum will be able to follow the steps required to gain such success in the future.
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:20:57 AM

Thats why Datum is brilliant! It will be very easy to control your own data, i tried the app it it basically looks as simple as turning an add blocker on and off
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:32:30 AM

Thats why Datum is brilliant! It will be very easy to control your own data, i tried the app it it basically looks as simple as turning an add blocker on and off

i believe in this project, too Smiley great app, nice dashboard, very active and growing community.

tokens will be worth more after the sale, for sure Smiley
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:48:36 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

i read the op, then i saw that you conducted the pre sale last aug. i want to know about it..

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

You can see it on their site : https://datum.org/ , scroll down or search this : the datum presale
It was raised 5000 ETH

5000 for the pre sale? thats a great amount already. but how about the token sale? what is your soft cap and the hard cap?
or are you refering that 5000 to be tha soft cap already for the token sale itself which is already raised during pre sale?

Yes, 5000 was the hard cap of the pre-sale and it was the soft cap of the project. Now it is not how much more investment will be there, the project will continue no matter what happens.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:51:12 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

It was raised 5000 ETH

Yes, 5000 was the hard cap of the pre-sale and it was the soft cap of the project. Now it is not how much more investment will be there, the project will continue no matter what happens.

I think datum could really surprise us, they're constantly active and the project is really gonna hit it off, no doubt. I think they should try to create some sort of reverse ad blocker, where it blocks our data from companies like facebook who take it without rewarding us

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:51:54 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

It was raised 5000 ETH

The soft cap is already assembled for presale, it is 5000 eth, maximum goal it 153'000 eth.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:18:03 AM

i believe in this project, too Smiley great app, nice dashboard, very active and growing community.

tokens will be worth more after the sale, for sure Smiley

The community of Datum is growing rapidly. You can see it everywhere, their Telegram, this thread and the pre sale. I think their whitelist is pretty full for the ICO
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:41:37 AM

I've pretty given up on my privacy and data being in my control. If a company succeeds in disrupting this multibillion-dollar industry then it will surely be the most valuable token on the market. There are a few companies attempting this and I'm at the edge of my seat watching them all.

Facebook is investing heavily on big data technologies because they realized that data is gold and Datum project makes sense.

Do you think that Facebook and Datum will make a Partnership? Facebook has a big personal data, and they might sell it to Datum?  Huh

Why would they buy it from facebook? Datum is selling same data as facebook already.

For me it is not 100% clear how Datum will collect the data en store it, without FB/Google taking it too.

Facebook takes your Facebook data, and other devices/services you login with Facebook. Same story with "Login with Google Account". Others have mentioned how much that data is worth, using measurements such as Cost Per Click (CPC), Cost Per Mille (CPM - $ per 1K impressions) - but that's for advertising.

However, Datum's applications go beyond social media, as we are working on smart devices - for example, IoT devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers - possibilities are "endless" (well, all that API can support).

So will datum be some sort of IOS , or will it run in the background as a filter which other apps have to go through?

Datum is a companion app that shares gathered data. The exact data gathered depends on what you give us permission to share. We're working on a calculator that shows how much your data is worth.

I must have that calculator - just for the laughs maybe, but I'm curious anyway.

The value of your data is standard for everyone or depends on other factors such as where on the world do you live, your age, income, etc?

How do you want to calculate the price for your data? There are so many variable points which influence the price probably and in the end it's up to what a company want to pay for specific data. That's nothing which you could calculate before in my opinion.

I think that typing values for data that are already commercialized is the minimum in Datum, there are big companies that work with data packages for other Companies, and with this market being open and inclusive to Common people there is a basis for negotiation

But do you really think a company will start to negotiate for every data they need out there, especially when they have to negotiate with every user who tries to sell his data at the Datum app? The devs said, that you have this option, but I highly doubt that a company will start to negotiate with 5000 people or so for some cents everytime they want to buy some data.
Maybe datum will provide good sorting and categorization.
It will greatly help prospective buyers.
Of course companies wont negotiate with each user, this kind of data is worthless if purchased separately, companies will buy it in bulk.

Well but that's excactly the opposit of what datum told before. You will have the chance to sell your data seperatly, also with  the possibility to negotiate. If you would be in a bulk you could not negotiate at all. Even if datum would collect the data in a bulk to sell it then to a company, the part where it is stated that you can negotiate is somehow strange in my opinion.
Where did they state about it? i want to know the detail information.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:43:49 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

It was raised 5000 ETH

The soft cap is already assembled for presale, it is 5000 eth, maximum goal it 153'000 eth.

that's awesome that they've achieved the soft cap, but I don't think they'll go as high as 153k ETH. It's just too much.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:04:31 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

It was raised 5000 ETH

I think datum could really surprise us, they're constantly active and the project is really gonna hit it off, no doubt. I think they should try to create some sort of reverse ad blocker, where it blocks our data from companies like facebook who take it without rewarding us

Exactly, this would be a game changer and bring enormous value to the project. Cutting the supply line of the competitors  Cool
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:46:16 AM

HELLO EVERYONE!

1. is is successful?
2. did it sold out?
3. how much was raised?

It was raised 5000 ETH

Minimum goal
5'000 ETH

Maximum goal
153'000 ETH

Yes, they raised soft cap on pre-sale already. And now will be ICO (from 29 October to 29 November)
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:48:38 AM

Also you need to delete all your accounts in the different social media networks and stop using google for example to produce no new data for this. But if you would delete facebook for example you would probably also take an important data resource for DATUM.

Not really sure what data people would sell if they stop using the whole internet, because Facebook and google are not the only ones selling the data. Surely everyone who has it sells it.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:52:29 AM

There will be algorithms which will find out who creates fake data. I don't think this will be a big problem because it's not worth the effort.

Pretty comfortable to say that algorithms will just appear miraculously, which can decide what is fake data and what's not.

And to your other argument. I think Rigorous example with Ashley Madison showed that it can indeed be worth the effort to create such fake data.
What is an example with Ashley Madison? The main task is to collect real data.

Let us say a business like Ashley Madison is going to source their profiles from Datum. An individual on the seller side could create a few thousand fake female profiles. Datum is already aware of that exploit, that is why they are planning to link Datum accounts to identity verification services such as uPort and Civic as well as social media profiles.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:58:38 AM

I also think that Datum can make some partnership, at least have the possibility to make partnership with others crypto project. I also think that we need to see the platform to really understand how datum will manage our data.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:18:21 PM

Datum is really genius with their marketing. They did an exclusive airdrop with airdropalert which gave people the fear of missing out, they posted on their own site that they have 56K Signups and 6K + Telegram users, which was only recently because last time I checked it was 5k.
They are really doing a great job, I wont be surprised if ICO sells out within a few days..

The community is growing fast!
I think a lot of people are very excited about the 29th October.

Really believe they can raise the funds they needed!
Not so sure if it will sellout in a few days but they will raise a lot of money to make this great platform.

Too bad I missed this. But yeah, good marketing there !
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:44:17 PM

|\___/|
   /          \
  /_.~  ~,_\   - Datum project listed on FOXICO
       \@/

https://foxico.io/project/datum

Thanks for sharing the link.
Only 5 days more to DATUM ICO.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:44:50 PM

There will be algorithms which will find out who creates fake data. I don't think this will be a big problem because it's not worth the effort.

Pretty comfortable to say that algorithms will just appear miraculously, which can decide what is fake data and what's not.

And to your other argument. I think Rigorous example with Ashley Madison showed that it can indeed be worth the effort to create such fake data.
What is an example with Ashley Madison? The main task is to collect real data.

Let us say a business like Ashley Madison is going to source their profiles from Datum. An individual on the seller side could create a few thousand fake female profiles. Datum is already aware of that exploit, that is why they are planning to link Datum accounts to identity verification services such as uPort and Civic as well as social media profiles.

So will it be mandatory to use identity verification services like Civic? Or will I just be incentivized to use them by increasing the value of my data with these services?
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: