Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:23:29 AM

BTC will going down after hardfork, and people will invest in diffeent ICO. So November must be a good time for alrcoins and ICO...

Nope, one more fork is on the way and it will probably become more of a deal.

Probably December will be good for icos.

The November fork is a bit different, isn't it? These segwit2x guys don't want to be a new coin, they want to be the better BTC so I can imagine this just hurting the BTC price. ETH could profit which would effect the ICO but ETH was cheap a few days ago so potential investors could have gotten in already.

Hardfork will be today. And segwit2x will be at November 16th.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:47:10 AM

honestly their marketing is better than most projects today. What they need is relevant celebrity endorsement, like a famous developer or something, imagine if vitalik would talk about datum, the hardcap would be reached in a matter of hours

Im not sure if they really need a celebrity. They are doing already a pretty good marketing job. And there is no way that Vitalik will talk about ICOs, all I am seeing is him correcting all the misinterpretations of what he said in interviews Smiley

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:24:30 AM

honestly their marketing is better than most projects today. What they need is relevant celebrity endorsement, like a famous developer or something, imagine if vitalik would talk about datum, the hardcap would be reached in a matter of hours

Im not sure if they really need a celebrity. They are doing already a pretty good marketing job. And there is no way that Vitalik will talk about ICOs, all I am seeing is him correcting all the misinterpretations of what he said in interviews Smiley

I don't like celebrity marketing, it is making me think that they have a crappy project and trying to hide it behind a celebrity besides the budget spending for that celebrity can spend more necessary area.

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:37:23 AM

I don't like celebrity marketing, it is making me think that they have a crappy project and trying to hide it behind a celebrity besides the budget spending for that celebrity can spend more necessary area.

you may not like it, but it does draw attention to the project rather effectively.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:59:42 AM

you may not like it, but it does draw attention to the project rather effectively.
Yes it does, everyone will easily find out the project if its popularized by celebrities.
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:15:31 AM

Can I purchase DAT tokens only via ETH or is it also possible to get some with my BTC?

If not, I will buy some ETH right now. Please let me know.
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 06:17:05 AM

Can I purchase DAT tokens only via ETH or is it also possible to get some with my BTC?

The only accepted currency for the token sale is Ethereum. You should get some if you want to invest into the DAT ICO. Don't forget to apply for the whitelist before the token sale starts to reserve your seat.

BTC IS KING!
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 06:52:25 AM

They don't really need a celebrity in the real sense of term, but some expert on the field to give a honest good opinion about what they are doing imo
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:11:53 AM

They just need to get the celebrities that got their nudes stolen with the cloud hack and let them tell their story and that they now use Datum and feel much more secure. Instant succes
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:15:31 AM

I have such high hopes for this project that I am dedicating 10% to it. Data is gold we should all be able to mine and sell or own data. I'm tired of Zuckerberg rich.

How tired are you of Zuckerberg? Do not think about the rich, but think about yourself. For example, you can sell your data in DATUM, and not give it to Zuckerberg for free.  Cheesy
I think that Facebook will remain a leader in this industry because most of people aren't interested in monetizing their own data - they are too lazy for it Wink

Also you need to delete all your accounts in the different social media networks and stop using google for example to produce no new data for this. But if you would delete facebook for example you would probably also take an important data resource for DATUM.

Not really sure what data people would sell if they stop using the whole internet, because Facebook and google are not the only ones selling the data. Surely everyone who has it sells it.

And that's a point I am afraid of. As long as you produce data to sell on datum you produce also data which other companies have control of and which they could sell also. As long as companies like google or facebook are able to collect our data, they will also sell it, even if they have to dump them to stay in market, because that's just a by-product and not the main income for this companies.

the difference is facebook and google and such have employees, expenses, ... that need to be paid with the income they get from sellig your data (ad space, personalized ads, ...). You don't have that, which means you'll be able to sell your own data for a lot less than the big companies will

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:30:06 AM

I have such high hopes for this project that I am dedicating 10% to it. Data is gold we should all be able to mine and sell or own data. I'm tired of Zuckerberg rich.

How tired are you of Zuckerberg? Do not think about the rich, but think about yourself. For example, you can sell your data in DATUM, and not give it to Zuckerberg for free.  Cheesy
I think that Facebook will remain a leader in this industry because most of people aren't interested in monetizing their own data - they are too lazy for it Wink

Also you need to delete all your accounts in the different social media networks and stop using google for example to produce no new data for this. But if you would delete facebook for example you would probably also take an important data resource for DATUM.

Not really sure what data people would sell if they stop using the whole internet, because Facebook and google are not the only ones selling the data. Surely everyone who has it sells it.

And that's a point I am afraid of. As long as you produce data to sell on datum you produce also data which other companies have control of and which they could sell also. As long as companies like google or facebook are able to collect our data, they will also sell it, even if they have to dump them to stay in market, because that's just a by-product and not the main income for this companies.

the difference is facebook and google and such have employees, expenses, ... that need to be paid with the income they get from sellig your data (ad space, personalized ads, ...). You don't have that, which means you'll be able to sell your own data for a lot less than the big companies will

This is just the beginning. As soon as datum becomes big, I think they will have those things as well. Big company will definetely needs employees.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:45:49 AM

You need to have eth available to buy datum. You can convert your btc to eth via shapeshift or some similar service if you don't have any.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:46:41 AM

Anybody else here tried the application? https://demo.datum.org/ it's very easy to use and intuitive, if there is starting to be a lot of demand for buying data this can be used by virtually everybody  Shocked
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:59:46 AM

The DATUM Client is designed for a large number of various platforms such as mobile and desktop,
i really would love to see how it works.  Smiley

The demo is available but I want to see more Smiley
I really like this project and believe this can be a huge success.

4 days left before ICO begins, I'm very curious how this will go!
matjas

Merit: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:00:33 AM

Yes it does, everyone will easily find out the project if its popularized by celebrities.

It's also quite relevant since celebrities usually are in the front row of data breeches, so celebrity commercial might be a good idea.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:01:55 AM

BTC will going down after hardfork, and people will invest in diffeent ICO. So November must be a good time for alrcoins and ICO...

The November fork is a bit different, isn't it? These segwit2x guys don't want to be a new coin, they want to be the better BTC so I can imagine this just hurting the BTC price. ETH could profit which would effect the ICO but ETH was cheap a few days ago so potential investors could have gotten in already.

Hardfork was actually yesterday, not today. I hope ETH will rise a bit again as the price is pretty low imo.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

Hardfork was actually yesterday, not today. I hope ETH will rise a bit again as the price is pretty low imo.

And Hardfork incoming in 3 weeks, also saw another new hardfork called bitcoin silver, it will never end. People should worry less about it
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:16:06 AM

And Hardfork incoming in 3 weeks, also saw another new hardfork called bitcoin silver, it will never end. People should worry less about it

as i said before, they found a good way to push bitcoin even to higher heights by announcing diffrent forks. on reddit they already talk about bitcoin platinum for january 2018...
matjas

Merit: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:23:49 AM

as i said before, they found a good way to push bitcoin even to higher heights by announcing diffrent forks. on reddit they already talk about bitcoin platinum for january 2018...

These forks are quite disturbing for the market, how won't you worry about them if they have influence over the market...

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:19:57 AM

I recently heard about another fork, bitcoin silver https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2311582.0

Will this have an effect on DATUM ICO? 

Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: