Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will survive after 100 year ?  (Read 38101 times)
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:46:06 AM

Some way upgraded version will be around in 100 years, and judging by the forks going on now there will be many different btc chains. If you just HODL you'll end up coming out with some bitcoins that are worth something and others that are worthless.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:03:46 AM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

I know Bitcoin is actually strong enough and stable as well

But what do you think about it after 100 years ?
I think bitcoin will survive after 100 years because bitcoin is a digital currency it's decentralize, maybe there some changes but it will survive .

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:15:52 AM

To be honest... Bitcoin may very well be worthless in 100 years. A lot can happen in that time, and I am not impressed with the way Bitcoin has handled the scalability debacle. It will take a lot of work, but it is possible for another cryptocurrency to eventually overtake Bitcoin.

Ethereum is garnering quite the network effect for itself, but will it scale? The latter is effectively the thing that an Ethereum take over hinges on. After witnessing the Bitcoin scaling debacle, it honestly makes me doubtful of the political issues that come along with the scaling of any cryptocurrency.

Effectively, even though Bitcoin has its issues, I think that it will exist and even thrive over the next 100ish years. A lot can change in that amount of time, but Bitcoin will survive during this time, which is the question posed in the OP. The cryptocurrency "top 10" in market capitalization will look very different in 100 years I am sure....
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:18:54 AM

If for the next 100 years I can not predict it, but seeing the development of both bitcoin and altcoin others have a very good development, both with trade, Ico, long and short term storage is very good.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:23:31 AM

Many communities respond positively to bitcoin. Well, if this thing continues, I think it will last forever. The development of the latest bitcoin will be done, and it will keep it up to 100, or even 1000 years to its depth. It all depends on the response given by the community, but looking at the current developments, I think that's very good.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:37:48 AM

If for the next 100 years I can not predict it, but seeing the development of both bitcoin and altcoin others have a very good development, both with trade, Ico, long and short term storage is very good.

I can see the development of bitcoin too right now and it started the time SegWit was implemented. There will be another debate about SegWit2x and I think it will ve developed more. The only thing that makes me wonder is how will the price behave.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:38:36 AM

If we are going to base the status of bitcoin in 100 years on how it was going right now. It is possible that it would still exist. But ofcourse there are series of changes that we least expect to happen. So it is still hard to say. But since we will be facing a cashless society, it has a big possibility that bitcoin will be used a one digital currency.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 03:00:32 AM

If we are going to base the status of bitcoin in 100 years on how it was going right now. It is possible that it would still exist. But ofcourse there are series of changes that we least expect to happen. So it is still hard to say. But since we will be facing a cashless society, it has a big possibility that bitcoin will be used a one digital currency.

Yes basing on what is happening to cryptocurrency world nowadays then maybe bitcoin would last for 100 years or more after. An ICO here and there but most of it is being traded to bitcoin so it is still the in demand digital currency. Bitcoin's demand is getting stronger by the day and we can see countries slowly legalizing it, some promising projects of other crypto that would make our lives more convenient is being implemented so for it to exist a century after after would be possible.

abilarde

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:02:21 AM

I am asking this just to see the different opinions of Bitcoin community about its long term potential

This is what comes in my mind, is this bitcoin can stable or can stay together or can survive 100 years or more?

But for me, i think it is depend on the users of these bitcoin if the users use it for better it can survive it for a long time. The better diing of it, the bigger chance to survive of many years....
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

This is what comes in my mind, is this bitcoin can stable or can stay together or can survive 100 years or more?

But for me, i think it is depend on the users of these bitcoin if the users use it for better it can survive it for a long time. The better diing of it, the bigger chance to survive of many years....
Bitcoin after 100 years is hard to predict of what may the outcomes if this will still survive. But, as long there is demand and users still bitcoin will still exists.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:35:02 AM

I think bitcoin will survive after 100 years because bitcoin is a digital currency it's decentralize, maybe there some changes but it will survive .

Not because it's decentralized it doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to survive 100 years, but yea I hope it would reach far longer than 100 years. A centralized cryptocurrency might not be better, but it might even last longer. Bitcoin being decentralized, we are definitely to expect alot of changes, and some of those changes might  do more harm than good to bitcoin, and one or a series of those changes might be the killing blow to bitcoin. Also not to mention possible better cryptocurrencies to be invented/created. One thing is for sure, competition is gonna be high.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:48:46 AM

It will survive but not as Bitcoin, per se. It is a great possibility that a new currency will appear or that Bitcoin will evolve from as we know it right now. There’s a chance that a new virtual currency with better features and better structure with stability like rock will sprout and people will be more accepting of it. In a way, Bitcoin will survive because it has laid the foundation for such currency to exist. Bitcoin will be the ancestor of virtual currencies of the future.
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:55:31 AM

It's really difficult to predict what happened after 100years.But I believe my heart bitcoin is not die & I hope bitcoin is survive life forever.Best wishes of Bitcoin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:54:08 AM

Not because it's decentralized it doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to survive 100 years, but yea I hope it would reach far longer than 100 years. A centralized cryptocurrency might not be better, but it might even last longer. Bitcoin being decentralized, we are definitely to expect alot of changes, and some of those changes might  do more harm than good to bitcoin, and one or a series of those changes might be the killing blow to bitcoin. Also not to mention possible better cryptocurrencies to be invented/created. One thing is for sure, competition is gonna be high.
Actually in present we can't predict exactly the long time future like this thread. All post are predict and not reasonable because Bitcoin at now still not accept by government, so after Bitcoin can do that, we will think this future.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:00:44 AM

I don't care. I think the present and the incoming years are more important, either for Bitcoin and for me.

In 100 years Bitcoin might be dead, but I surely will and maybe the whole world too.

Bitcoin is being attacked now.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:11:43 AM

Well, I am pretty sure all of the people on the forum will be dead, unless some new technology gets invented which gives us infinite life and by then we are all rich in bitcoin so we all end up living forever .

I don’t think the original bitcoin will be useable in 100 years, but bitcoin would probably have hard forked heaps of times and we would be using some amazing cryptocurrency that has no problems.

didik12

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:31:03 AM

Actually i can't predict the future, but i blelieve that bitcoin will survive after 100 years when the trader's and investor's and other part or members of bitcoin are continues trusting and cooperating  in btc  and the spamers are stop making a wrong and Inimical to the rule and regulation of bitcoin. So for that i thinks bitcoin will survive after 100 years and hopefully.
Thanks.

vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:00:02 AM

That's a very long time, yet let's  just say for Bitcoin to survive a 100 years supporters or believers needs to stick to bitcoin and use it. There are still more usage of bitcoin that we have not explored yet, but I believe soon enough bitcoin community will look at bitcoin not just as a payment  system or asset but more than it could  be right now, since it is open source everybody can put on their ideas into it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:00:55 AM

I'm still convinced that bitcoin will last, so I'll support bitcoin to create a big change for the world, bitcoin will last until its spread is evenly distributed and can be used in outer space.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:11:27 AM

Without a doubt that bitcoin will remain. But there will be a lot of changes from the original code of bitcoin and just like what's happening today. Forks, segwit and everything just to improve the transactions and bitcoin itself. I believe that it can remain for 100 years but it's not going to be the original bitcoin that we have been using for now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: