Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MASTERNODE] Monoeci - A cryptocurrency for Monaco  (Read 102417 times)
mcarver316

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:15:55 PM

Hi guys,
Why has the price fall so hard lately?

Low price is good for buying XMCC, then hold until the price goes up.

Given the Monaco government does not want the name used, Monoeci may take longer to be adopted.

Not sure at this point if Monoeci will be the currency of choice in Monaco.
mcarver316

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:24:44 PM

i was able to setup the MN using the monocei   binaries..
also if done quickly, it is possible to make sure the status of the MN stays ENABLED.

Windows ( local HOT wallet)
1) Download the windows wallet from https://github.com/monacocoin-net/monoeci-core/releases
2) let it sync.
3) once sync is done, stop the old Monaco wallet and Monocei wallet on windows
4) copy paste wallet.dat and masternode.conf which comes from your MonacoCoin Core directory Copy and paste monaco.conf and rename to monoeci.conf
5) Start the Monocei wallet.

Linux VPS
1) Download the linux binaries https://github.com/monacocoin-net/monoeci-core/releases.
2) Stop the linux daemon for monaco "./monacoCoin-cli -daemon"
3) start the monocei daemon "./monoecid -daemon"
4) let it sync for a while.
5) once sync is done, stop the monocie daemon
6) copy the monaco.conf and rename to monoeci.conf
7) restart the linux daemon.

PS: in case you have issues with running lnux daemon, please use the following files https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbtwujk0wma2i1s/monocei.tar.gz?dl=0
these files are for ubuntu 16.04

setup sentinel as mentoined in dev guide.

wait for some time and check you MN status.

Does this instruction get around the problem not having Sentinel in Windows?

Thanks!

Never mind- still broken in Windows. No sentinel, no Masternode.

officially there is no sentinel for windows, even DASH doesn't support that, from where sentinel came. however if you google it people have been able to run sentinel on windows.  if you are using windows 10, there is also a linux subsytem, you could install ans use sentinel there. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

Assuming I get that far, how do I point the Windows wallet to sentinel running in the linux subsystem?

I have one VPS (Amazon lightsail) running Server 2016, which I believe can activate a linux subsystem. The plan is to have up to 5 masternode running in 5 VPS.

so your setup would we controller wallet on windows and MN wallet on linux subsystem. then the sentinel will control the linux wallet. both windows and linux will function separately.

I guess the better question is, how do I point the Monoeci Core in Windows to the Linux subsystem?

My frustration so far with this whole thing are the incomplete instructions. The posts here assumes successful setup of sentinel in Windows, but I have yet to actually anybody who has gotten it to work to post full instructions from start to finish and screenshots to prove it is running.

If somebody has, please share.

There are many members willing to setup masternodes, but the incomplete instructions delay the process needlessly. I hear many confirmation they have it up and running, but no screenshot or shared information. Not really sure why the devs are delaying update of instructions.
moinuddin14

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:28:34 AM

Hi folks, i have upgraded to new wallet and updated the server(ubuntu 14.x) as well. Everything's working fine for a couple of days now but not getting rewards. is anyone facing similar issues? and is this normal?

1ST EVER CAR TITLE LOAN PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
SHIFT.CASH     █ █ ██████████████████████████████████████ █ █     [ JOIN NOW ]
Website       Whitepaper       Telegram       Facebook       Twitter
mcarver316

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:25:53 AM

Can somebody clarify what happens after the bolded virtualenv venv command. The venv \ Scripts \ pip install -r requirements.txt

returns the following error message:

'venv' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

--- below is the full instruction from desper:

Install Virtualenv by running pip install virtualenv

Download the sent and unzip to the directory C: \ sentinel (you can specify another, but for example here it will be this one)

We execute in the directory C: \ sentinel

virtualenv venv
venv \ Scripts \ pip install -r requirements.txt <--- executing command this shows the result in the venv error message

Editing sentinel.conf by specifying the path to monacoCoin.conf in the monacoCoin_conf parameter.

Create a C: \ sentinel \ sentinel.bat file with the following content:
@echo off
set HOME =.
cd C: \ sentinel
C: \ sentinel \ venv \ Scripts \ python C: \ sentinel \ bin \ sentinel.py
Create a C: \ sentinel \ sentinel.vbs file with the following content:
Install WshShell = CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr (34) & "C: \ sentinel \ sentinel.bat" & Chr (34), 0
Install WshShell = Nothing
This intermediate vbs-script is needed in order to not open the console window when executing through the task scheduler.

We add the action C: \ sentinel \ sentinel.vbs to the task scheduler (Control Panel -> Administration -> Task Scheduler -> Create Task ...)
Trigger indicate "Daily", repeat the task 1 min.
bitcoin9999

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:21:59 AM

Are you working to have monoeci as the gambling currency?  It would be nice to go to Monte Carlo and gamble with monoeci

canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:07:48 AM

Can somebody clarify what happens after the bolded virtualenv venv command. The venv \ Scripts \ pip install -r requirements.txt

Download the sent and unzip to the directory C: \ sentinel (you can specify another, but for example here it will be this one)

virtualenv venv
venv \ Scripts \ pip install -r requirements.txt <--- executing command this shows the result in the venv error message

Editing sentinel.conf by specifying the path to monacoCoin.conf in the monacoCoin_conf parameter.

@echo off
set HOME =.
This intermediate vbs-script is needed in order to not open the console window when executing through the task scheduler.

We add the action C: \ sentinel \ sentinel.vbs to the task scheduler (Control Panel -> Administration -> Task Scheduler -> Create Task ...)

Have you tried the official sentinel instructions at https://github.com/monacocoin-net/sentinel ?
I ask as it has a simpler set of instructions to install sentinel and get it working.
mcarver316

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:14:49 AM

virtualenv venv

@echo off
set HOME =.

Have you tried the official sentinel instructions at https://github.com/monacocoin-net/sentinel ?
I ask as it has a simpler set of instructions to install sentinel and get it working.

The “simpler” set of instruction is for Linux. I am asking for Windows.

canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:15:33 AM

virtualenv venv

@echo off
set HOME =.

The “simpler” set instruction is for Linux. I am asking for Windows.

Ah, sorry.
illuminates

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:37:35 AM

If I have a master node and old wallet, what is an algorithm to pass in the new version? Thank you.
More.Hash

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:00:05 PM

I just realized, that xmcc is now listed at coinmarketcap. As far as i can remember it was not listed some days ago (excuse me please, if i was just blind and i am telling real BS right now).

But if my eyes were right and the listing is really fresh, then i wonder if this was intended or not. We are infront of a complete rebrand and other projects didn´t list xmcc so far (e.g. coingecko), then are there any ideas about the reasons for cmc? I am just curious, because - regarding another coin i follow (BTX) - they hardly act in a way that is expected by the community.

Imo, the listings should take place after the rebrand took place in January just not to confuse the folks. The way to implement cryptos in such a way to gain everydays value is just to important. Most of the cryptos just demand "pump and dumps" to make fast cash from it, but that´s why i like this coin so much - the idea to bring it out to the world not for speculation reasons only, but for the simple evolution of blockchain and all what it is capable of.

Meanwhile the MN is running - one nice thing to see.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
desper123

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

virtualenv venv

@echo off
set HOME =.

Installing Sentinel on Windows

It is assumed that the first steps to install the masterware have already been completed before installing Sentinel.

Download and install Python 2.7.x from here https://www.python.org/downloads/
Add C: \ Python27 and C: \ Python27 \ Scripts to the PATH environment variable. (System Properties -> Environment Variables)

Install PIP - https://pip.pypa.io/...-to-install-pip.
For this you need to download https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py and run python get-pip.py in the same directory.
Other ways to install PIP on Windows: http: //stackoverflow...pip-on-windows

at first do it!!!!!!!!!!

n03202

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 01:57:46 PM

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@onlimono/consideration-of-xmcc-circulating-supply-or-xmcc

Those who don't want to click that link : XMCC's circulating supply is about 1mil. Not 2.6mil

And most of coins are used for masternode

Good news for XMCC! January will be our glorious month!
mcarver316

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:01:19 PM

virtualenv venv

@echo off
set HOME =.

It is assumed that the first steps to install the masterware have already been completed before installing Sentinel.

Add C: \ Python27 and C: \ Python27 \ Scripts to the PATH environment variable. (System Properties -> Environment Variables)

For this you need to download https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py and run python get-pip.py in the same directory.

at first do it!!!!!!!!!!

Did all of that- doesn’t work. I don’t think the Monoeci team got it to work either. If you could include step-by-step screenshots, that would really help.

I have yet to see a single post from a member who got a Masternode working in Windows, using this instruction to install Sentinel.

So yelling at me won’t make the instructions work.

But thank you for your help. At least you tried.

You may also want to check that nonworking stack overflow link.
desper123

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:38:50 PM

virtualenv venv

@echo off
set HOME =.

at first do it!!!!!!!!!!

Did all of that- doesn’t work. I don’t think the Monoeci team got it to work either. If you could include step-by-step screenshots, that would really help.

I have yet to see a single post from a member who got a Masternode working in Windows, using this instruction to install Sentinel.

So yelling at me won’t make the instructions work.

But thank you for your help. At least you tried.

You may also want to check that nonworking stack overflow link.

I'm the creator of this instruction for windows and it works fine for me, most likely you are doing something wrong
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:23:17 PM

I just realized, that xmcc is now listed at coinmarketcap. As far as i can remember it was not listed some days ago (excuse me please, if i was just blind and i am telling real BS right now).

But if my eyes were right and the listing is really fresh, then i wonder if this was intended or not. We are infront of a complete rebrand and other projects didn´t list xmcc so far (e.g. coingecko), then are there any ideas about the reasons for cmc? I am just curious, because - regarding another coin i follow (BTX) - they hardly act in a way that is expected by the community.

Imo, the listings should take place after the rebrand took place in January just not to confuse the folks. The way to implement cryptos in such a way to gain everydays value is just to important. Most of the cryptos just demand "pump and dumps" to make fast cash from it, but that´s why i like this coin so much - the idea to bring it out to the world not for speculation reasons only, but for the simple evolution of blockchain and all what it is capable of.

Great point man, btw - to run a MN is still 1,000 right? 
bamer

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:58:04 PM

Hi,

Can someone point me to the linux wallet ?

Because the link in [ANN] for ubuntu don't worl (404).
when i search google the only tuto i find is to setup a MN

Thank

pitt59

Activity: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:16:25 AM

anyone with a good pool for this, tried mining dutch but the payout is lower than expected by alot
n03202

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:12:18 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 10:03:49 AM by n03202

does this card work in bangladesh

You seem to be mistaken. You should search MCO, not XMCC

And This could be another example why we should rebrand XMCC..

Yes that's right. Expected price for XMCC masternode is $595.37
More.Hash

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:11:02 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea, if this was pointed out before, but due to the fact that Christmas is closer than expected, I feel free to present my little wishlist for the time AFTER the rebranding was completed Smiley

1) listing at https://www.crypto-coinz.net/ for 2 reasons
a) nice area to calculate Masternodes
b) quite useful calculator for X11 coins

2) some kind of signature that can be used by those who would like to just to spread the word about monoeci. I am explicit NOT asking for any bounty campaign

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
n03202

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:00:25 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 01:52:22 AM by n03202

I have no idea, if this was pointed out before, but due to the fact that Christmas is closer than expected, I feel free to present my little wishlist for the time AFTER the rebranding was completed Smiley

1) listing at https://www.crypto-coinz.net/ for 2 reasons
a) nice area to calculate Masternodes
b) quite useful calculator for X11 coins

2) some kind of signature that can be used by those who would like to just to spread the word about monoeci. I am explicit NOT asking for any bounty campaign

I totally agree. Specially no bounty campain part.
Yes. It could draw some attention from public. And Yes. market size will grow bigger because of them.

But They will sell everything they got without thinking.
We have seen so many examples.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: