Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:39:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28384 times)
smile1218

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

I can say its holding I am for a long term investment slow but surely. Day trading is very risky depending on how you can tolerate risk.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:57:47 AM

As a trader, i will choose day trading because it is better for me than holding bitcoin because holding is boring and i don't want to let my bitcoins to be just putted in a boring place and day trading is a really challenging and excited thing to do and it can help us to grow our bitcoin in a week or month depending on how we can perform trading very well.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:01:14 AM

Indeed in trading certainly has risk for loss, if you don't dare to take the risk of loss would be better to hold bitcoin as an investment in the future, because by holding bitcoin with time of about 2-4 years you can already benefit from bitcoin.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:03:55 AM

split your portfolio to hold/daytrade parts
Dividing your total capital in two different trade parts, definitely will help eliminating the risks. One can get very smoothly business hype if he/she can manage and follow this strategy. By doing so, you may lead one part to day trading, getting used of it, and pertaining experience in day market. Make best use of this experience and knowledge in hodling and mark your strike at exact peak rising points.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:20:59 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?
If you are a full time trader then I would suggest you do the first option, but if you have a day job then you should better buy every pay day and HODL. Keep your coins long term; just make sure that you are buying good coins and not the garbage.

My personal favorites are Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash... HODL till I get ODL. ha ha ha.
flyingcat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

Indeed in trading certainly has risk for loss, if you don't dare to take the risk of loss would be better to hold bitcoin as an investment in the future, because by holding bitcoin with time of about 2-4 years you can already benefit from bitcoin.
This is best choice for people cannot spend their time for trading everyday, because when you want become to day trader, you need have much time for checking price and analysic.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:52:07 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?
If you are a full time trader then I would suggest you do the first option, but if you have a day job then you should better buy every pay day and HODL. Keep your coins long term; just make sure that you are buying good coins and not the garbage.

My personal favorites are Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash... HODL till I get ODL. ha ha ha.
Yes it is better to have a longterm coin but we need  an analysis for the certain coin in order to avoid loses when you deciding to buy it. It is better to buy the dips also in day trading which is profitable but risky that leads you sometimes in longterm because the dip that you think to buy it can create another dip that can cause you loses if you sell it.

SirLoot

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:13:00 AM

I would definitely HODL, unless you are an experienced trader. The cryptocurrency market is way too volatile for a newbie.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:20:50 AM

Holding is the most profitable decision. In the event that you hold for a drawn out stretch of time and are patient to hold up, you can get enormous profits for your speculation, If you picked the privilege coin.If you do day exchanging, first find out about it since it's so hazardous for beginner dealers
Yeah. nice words, and I believe that people should get maximum lesson from it. But why so curious and hazardous about beginner dealers? I saw many beginners who earn a lot more than any senior traders just because they enter into trading with great knowledge and they work smartly, and yeah holding is also better option for many peoples who want profit with respect to their earnings.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 03:43:51 PM

To be honest, trading is not everyone's cup of tea. I have tried both the things and I figured out that I am getting good results in hodling rather than day or short term trading thus in my perspective, I think long term hodling works well for me. However, we have experienced traders here on board who are trading in a very efficient manner and earning handsome profits so it totally depends on the skill, knowledge and experience to determine which is the best option of speculation.
trading is also unpredictable because trading results are obtained from price movements of bitcoin and altcoin. when we can get a positive margin from the purchase price then we can get a profit and if not then we will lose money. So trading can be done anytime, all depends on the price movement. yes knowledge in reading the price and also the analysis of a cryptocurrencies is the best way to get positive results from trading.

It all depends on how the trader is en-cashing the opportunities. I have my friends who are involved with stock trading for years and they have 5+ years of experience thus in a day trade they make profits when the price is going up and even when the price is falling down by short selling the stocks. One can apply the similar logic in crypto trading too with some exception and earn handsome amount of profit in rising as well as in falling market conditions.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:50:23 PM

Of course that long term investment is more better. Long term investment is really effective to make more money. We need only a lot of patience if we want to succeed in long term investment.

AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:06:48 PM

Altcoin trading is way too more difficult than any other trading. The reason is, it is decentralized, unregulated and uncertain. There are lots of scam, pumps and dumps etc. Market is hugely unpredictable. They don't rely on any solid news or something. They tend deviate independently. So, unless you are good with analysis and market. Don't even think of trading. If you want to start with it. Try with very small amount or demo account.

Investing is far better than trading. Choose some established coin and analyze their market and future potential. Simply invest in them either for short term like for a month or for long term that is for a year or two.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:44:57 PM

I never understand why people always force themselves to choose one thing to do, while they can do both mentioned options at the same time -- I haven't been doing anything other than that. I have a separate stash of coins that I won't be touching since this is my long term investment, and aside that I have a separate stash for trading purposes. It allows me to benefit from the long term, but at the same time also benefit from the heavy load of fluctuations that we experience. I am looking to maximize my potential results by doing this.
One should give a try to every single option. Basically these people are those who can’t manage so many things at a time and are kinds of easy going. It is nothing absurd to chose when option between trading and holding when you many other things to look after. By the way, choice varies from trader to trader.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:28:54 PM

Trading is more profitable as compared to holding but is not suitable for everyone. And for those who are not good in trading I recommend holding their bitcoin will be better for them instead of gambling with it through trading.
It is exactly as you said, trading is sure to bring in more profit than Hodling, though that's a luxury only experienced and skillful traders are privileged to enjoy. For the traders that are not quite knowledgeable, it is a right advice to simply Hodl and not to bother with trading. I am thinking the later group of traders should simply be addressed as speculators.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:56:08 PM

To me holding bitcoin is far more profitable than day trading it. Bitcoin has returned alot of profit for those who has invested in it since inception. Several stories are online of those that bought bitcoin as low as $10 and today bitcoin is as high as $4,000. Day trading is full of panic and many traders has lose mush bitcoin than they gain it. Trading is good if you can eliminate panic!  I have been said time without number that holding is the best way to go.
egetrorx

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:59:24 PM

make research and trade only with long term coins,from trading 10% to hodl and if project is good price will recover ,never sell for less than you buy

Linuld

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:12:15 PM

To me holding bitcoin is far more profitable than day trading it. Bitcoin has returned alot of profit for those who has invested in it since inception. Several stories are online of those that bought bitcoin as low as $10 and today bitcoin is as high as $4,000. Day trading is full of panic and many traders has lose mush bitcoin than they gain it. Trading is good if you can eliminate panic!  I have been said time without number that holding is the best way to go.
What you are saying is right if we hold our bitcoins for a long time it will give us nice profit in the long term. This is a safe method to make a profit with your bitcoins.The trading is risky, but you will make a good profit in trading to compare holding your bitcoins. Finally it's up to you which one is you like that you can do. What has said it's just my opinion.
sam53

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:43:45 PM

Of course that long term investment is more better. Long term investment is really effective to make more money. We need only a lot of patience if we want to succeed in long term investment.
Patience not enough when you want become to holder with cryptocurrency market or other market as my knowledge. You need have a cold head and don't care any situation on market while your coin dumped to lowest price Cool.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:22:26 PM

Well if you avoid trading because it needs time then believe me you can never be a good trader. Because time management is the main part of trading while trading. I would say that go for low trade and try to learn time management and as you learn time management, grow your trading quantity. Trading is always better than holding for me.
sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:32:11 PM

Well if you avoid trading because it needs time then believe me you can never be a good trader. Because time management is the main part of trading while trading. I would say that go for low trade and try to learn time management and as you learn time management, grow your trading quantity. Trading is always better than holding for me.

Different person have different comfort zones for you trading is better but for me holding is an better choice as I buy some altcoins and hold till it doesn't give me profits as day trading can be risky as you can easily get panic if you see price going down and you will sell your coins at a loss.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: