Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28395 times)
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:18:37 PM

ive tried my hand at trading and i suppose to some extent i still do trade but all in all the safest option is just to hodl. Ive lost more than id like from trading even though ive had some decent trades as well but ive never lost out in holding bitcoin, i dont think anyone has at this point. Holding onto alts is a different story though  Shocked

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:37:01 PM

I better plan for you. Or trade day and hold other Altcoins with potential price increases. Because we do not know the motions of each of them. So it's better for me to be prepared and reserved.

For if Altcoins increase that we use on day trade. We still have a hold on it.
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:48:19 PM

I feel more comfortable with being longterm trader. Also i never feel panic when prices fall like when as an intraday trader. in fact, i do make alot purchases when coin falling and optimistic to gain more profit. My emotions indirectly become more stable than before.
Yeah, if you change day trader to month trader or holder, you will understand the benefit when you trade with once month or once week, even once every year. Because before do that, you have target and believe your predict will become true in future, do not feel worry about altcoin dump on market.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Script

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:03:59 PM

Right now throw a stick anywhere and put some money in it, you'll make money in September, there's no wrong answer, a new paradigm is beginning.

Daytrade, hold, whatever, will profit. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:15:23 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

i sugesting to you this day is time for trade BTC-USD  Wink
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:22:57 PM

If you have time make day trading, you can do day trading and holding same time. However if you have another job day trading is too risky and stressful so only holding is better option.
It will be depends if what altcoin you are holding and trading.. there are altcoin which is active in night and not active in day..
Which is you can be advantage to work to your own job while you are trading in daily basis..
For me i am using some alarm in bitcoinwisdom which is working and other alert alarm apps in my phone that will always be alarm me if there is crashing or the price is increased high and hit my margin..
before i decided to sell .
And most of the coin are altcoin are already in rankings top 20 mostly that it can gives me profit but for long term holdings. .
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:55:17 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?
If you are a full time trader then I would suggest you do the first option, but if you have a day job then you should better buy every pay day and HODL. Keep your coins long term; just make sure that you are buying good coins and not the garbage.

My personal favorites are Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash... HODL till I get ODL. ha ha ha.
That is quite god and would be fruitful for you. If you are trading for a long time and you know better when it all works then it is quite helpful for you to make day trade. And if you are making it up as newbie or you are not so much expert then buy the best coins and hodl. Because in hodl you can get bodl Tongue

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:15:57 PM

I trade alt coins so I can earn more money to buy more Bitcoins.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:24:23 PM

Day trading = more/higher risk then holding for a long period of time.
Day trading will give you quick profit along with larger risks but hodling will give you less risk but you will gain profit after a long time. So you will need to have high and strong will power and keep your emotions aside.
I prefer day trading though. Easy exit while suffering less loss.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:29:08 PM

Day trading = more/higher risk then holding for a long period of time.
Day trading will give you quick profit along with larger risks but hodling will give you less risk but you will gain profit after a long time. So you will need to have high and strong will power and keep your emotions aside.
I prefer day trading though. Easy exit while suffering less loss.
I agree with you that day trading is more profitable than holding the coin because day trading give us everyday a profit that we want even there is a high risk we also get the loses from it than the holding method were we are waiting for the pump of the certain coin.

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:57:25 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 04:10:36 AM by bncbnc

I feel more comfortable with being longterm trader. Also i never feel panic when prices fall like when as an intraday trader. in fact, i do make alot purchases when coin falling and optimistic to gain more profit. My emotions indirectly become more stable than before.
long term investment is too good. in fact long term investment is too safe and secure investment, there you do not need to get any panic. the investors remain as calm and sound and do not need to get any panic. while in short term investment then investor must remain as active for the whole time, he must study the market from time to time and he get panic when the price get a to come down a little bit.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:42:57 AM

For I prefer to be HOLD or long term than just one trading, because the result would be maximum long-term process rather than short-term.
indeed quickly get results will be short-term but the results are not proportional to the long term

Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:22:23 AM

You can do both. Just analyze the coin that either you are going to do long-term or shot-term. Most altcoins are probably scamcoin like those are listed yobit so it's better to do short-term holding there.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:24:11 AM

Well both are profitable but it depends on your capital, if your capital investments is high then you will get more profit in day trading and the best thing about long term investment is if your capital is low still you get some good profit amount.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:05:17 PM

I agree with everyone who says both. Yes I myself am engaged in both day trading and holding, I'm not sure nor do I advise this to anyone but ever since I started trading I have been engaged in both. Only a few days ago when I started to think that I made a wrong decision by investing in a coin and holding it for this long that the coin started to pump and I'm in profits now so I will continue following the same strategy and I'll continue day trading and holding both at the same time..
Actually it depends on the individual who is doing. Is he willing to doucs more on two thing and would he/she can manage both things at a time. I suggest if you are newcomer, don’t go for both jut stick with one more carefully, but yes for an experienced person in this field managing both is like chocolate cake. Enjoy.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 02:47:54 PM

I have just developed a new strategy. Instead of HOLDING that might take forever. I just sell my altcoins to BTC.
Just like now, BTC is about to go up again to hit $5000 usd. So I sell all my altcoins and wait for Bitcoin to go up. Soon Altcoins will start to dump itself.

And that is the time I will rebuy all again my coins from the dip. This would give me more income. Just remember: If Bitcoin is going up fast, expect an altcoin crash.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:00:50 PM

I am doing a mixture of daily trading and hodling. So, I "know" in the long run I will (hopefully) have some nice profits but I am not forced to make daily trading every day. If you would focus only on day trading then you might run into the problem that you have to do something everyday even if the situation is really bad. But it is better to have the freedom to skip daily trading for some days.
We could possibly do both becauae in terms of trading there is a lot of room to have option on altcoin or crypto-currency we will choose to trade. So if you want to establish a good term of trading you probably need to learn and to know the DOS and don't in terms of decision making in trading. Always follow the principle of trading for you to earn more and to make more profit.
diguyo

Activity: 274

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

I was doing day trading for a while and was doing pretty well with it, I've lessened it now though. Takes too much time, unless you've got programs set up. I need to focus on my day-to-day job first and foremost and just squeeze in what I can.

Never buy a pump if you are day trading, that's all I'll say. Stating the obvious but buy low, sell high - you'll be put off buying a coin that's taken a hit, but don't be... look into it more, that's what trading is all about, buying undervalued stock.

Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:24:16 PM

I was doing day trading for a while and was doing pretty well with it, I've lessened it now though. Takes too much time, unless you've got programs set up. I need to focus on my day-to-day job first and foremost and just squeeze in what I can.

Never buy a pump if you are day trading, that's all I'll say. Stating the obvious but buy low, sell high - you'll be put off buying a coin that's taken a hit, but don't be... look into it more, that's what trading is all about, buying undervalued stock.

I did the same thing, almost exactly the same thing before too. I was a day trader and realized it took too muhc of my time just waiting on which coins to pump and did my own research about long term trading and ventured into that kind of trading after. It made me realize I could do a lot more than just waiting for some of my coins almost daily to pump.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:38:41 PM

I did the same thing, almost exactly the same thing before too. I was a day trader and realized it took too muhc of my time just waiting on which coins to pump and did my own research about long term trading and ventured into that kind of trading after. It made me realize I could do a lot more than just waiting for some of my coins almost daily to pump.
Its is actually depending on peoples preference if he do have spare or enough time to make trades. If you do have lots of chores,responsibilities,activities then for sure active day trading would really not suits you because it will really eat up your time soo much which you would able to pass out those things that you must do. Some people prefer day trading specially to those who do have lots of time to spare.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: