Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28384 times)
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:21:09 PM

I think holding is more profitable than day trade but holding is very boring for me because I have to wait very long to take advantage of what we want.

Holding is boring but it can give you best profits if you hold your coins for the right time and when it comes to make money then we should have patience to hold our coins even if its boring as we cannot afford to make loss by selling them at a wrong time and if you lack patience then you will surely get negative results from it.
This is what your perception about holding is. I think holding is the best option if we talk about long term investment and particularly in case of that individual who is not good in day trade. You will never be in loss if you will hold it even for quite a long period. You surely will get a huge profit.
Holding really good if you can forget your amount holding in long term. If you cannot do that, please never try invest to cryptocurrency, because this is requeriment when you want become to holder. Reach to your target and sell your coins, this is rules of holder.
i think that everyone has their own experience and interest, because even there are some people who are too good in short term investment and they are making good profit from short term investment in regular bases, while some people like to invest their assets for long term and they have good experience in long term investment and have good patient to hold their assets for along time, therefore i will like to say that both long and short term investment are good depending on your experience and interest.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
JPMoron

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:10:00 AM

I ll share my secret,
for a coin that I m planning to long it, I would HODL
for a part of my money it would be for trading,
trading is really bumpy,... I honestly like HODL
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:25:56 AM

Guys, i think this is time to hold. Most altcoins are down, that means, if you buy right now, you are gonna make at least 15 - 20 percent of profit once that they recover, and i am not talking about sh*tty coins, i am talking about the strongest coins and those who everybody trusts in. I am buying some monero and ethereum right now, they are so cheap than before.
I missed the opportunity to buy at $270 yesterday...
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:30:07 AM

Guys, i think this is time to hold. Most altcoins are down, that means, if you buy right now, you are gonna make at least 15 - 20 percent of profit once that they recover, and i am not talking about sh*tty coins, i am talking about the strongest coins and those who everybody trusts in. I am buying some monero and ethereum right now, they are so cheap than before.
I missed the opportunity to buy at $270 yesterday...

I agree. Day trade is hard to earn money from. Especially with the current mixed situations. Holding is easy and only requires a private wallet and patience.

Holding also requires the control of emotions. When hold, we can cath very nice opportunities in bullish market.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:42:45 AM

Best decision for me now is to hold it first and eventually when the price rise again, sell it at the best price.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:47:14 AM

Best decision for me now is to hold it first and eventually when the price rise again, sell it at the best price.
Yes it is, I'm same thinking like you. I've decided to hold my bitcoin for the sake of long term investment. Maybe I try to invest additional cash to increase my profit in my wallet.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:06:15 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I have the same dilemma actually. I usually hold but when I see my coin going down while the others are going up, I am taken by emotion and shift to another coin, but only to end up losing and watching my previous coin go up. Day trading requires a lot of analysis, in its absence holding is the better option. But if you have a bit accurate analysis, you can day trade.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:41:43 AM

It's a mix of both cause sometimes I day trade and sometimes I hodl depending on the coin when it will reach my target price. There are times when the price of the coin that I bought will immediately be reach because its news related and price suddenly pumps and there are others that will gradually go down and then I would wait for some time to go back up again to reach my price. Sometimes, I am not patient enough to wait so I close my position even if I am at a loss or break even cause I found another coin and another opportunity that has a potential to reach my target price sooner.

I don't really have a consistent trading style for now and most of the coins that I trade are news related so usually it would just take an hour or days to reach the target price but sometimes when its not and it took too long, I would just sell it because of impatience and I know that I should change this attitude cause sooner or later, I will just blow my account if I continue this. There should be patience in trading.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:54:14 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Depend how good your skill and your mindset. Skill build from practice with real money on the real market. Until you find the best strategy, please don't give up. Most people with this practice method will use day trading. But trader with investment mindset will take different way, always using long term period and also more money to make profit. Find your best profitable and comfortable strategy to know which one to use. Hope you'll find it. Thank you.

erick94

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:03:55 AM

Depend how good your skill and your mindset. Skill build from practice with real money on the real market. Until you find the best strategy, please don't give up. Most people with this practice method will use day trading. But trader with investment mindset will take different way, always using long term period and also more money to make profit. Find your best profitable and comfortable strategy to know which one to use. Hope you'll find it. Thank you.
buy at low price and sell at high prices is a very good thing, and that is the basic technique of trading. but if get profit with the hold the coins long-term, it requires analysis, careful and also strong mental.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
hendi

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:52:31 AM

buy at low price and sell at high prices is a very good thing, and that is the basic technique of trading. but if get profit with the hold the coins long-term, it requires analysis, careful and also strong mental.
everyone known that but why coin should hold is important
kilobytez

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:18:54 AM

I do both, but you gotta be careful with pump signals in Telegram / Wechat, sometimes you're too late to get into the pump when people have already dump, I'm one victim. Will reckon you to read some news and do some research of your own. Study the trendline before you trade!

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:48:12 AM

I do both, but you gotta be careful with pump signals in Telegram / Wechat, sometimes you're too late to get into the pump when people have already dump, I'm one victim. Will reckon you to read some news and do some research of your own. Study the trendline before you trade!
I think this time holding bitcoin is best thing I suggestion, because almost all of the altcoin value is fall down. So instead of trading I just hold only my bitcoin to lessen the possibility of lost. I don't take the risk this time because almost all coins in crypto currencies society is started to fall down.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:49:11 AM

If you have a time to monitor the value of the coin you have it much better to trade daily, but your time is only limited much better to hold and set the amount to sell which you will generate income and sell even you are too busy in the other matters. That is what i do for now.
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:17:25 AM

If you have a time to monitor the value of the coin you have it much better to trade daily, but your time is only limited much better to hold and set the amount to sell which you will generate income and sell even you are too busy in the other matters. That is what i do for now.
That is what i want also to say the time that you can manage, so you will depend on it because if you do day trade and you have not time to monitor from time to time it is useless and you will only lose .

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Rostchild

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:19:08 AM

I prefer to do Day Trade now,
I did cut loss.
I ll do HODL probably later during winter after I put in some position,... probably the market ll be cooled down more
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:36:20 AM

Hey all.  Im considering trying to day trade.  I have bitcoin and can use it to buy other altcoins etc.

Assuming you are buying these altcoins at a low price after all the prices drop... say a coin is 2 dollars and it drops to like 1.50 etc.  You buy it.  Then it goes back up to 2 dollars.  Then you sell it.  Now imagine you bought like 1000 shares of the coin so around 1500 usd plus the small fee.  Now you sell it for 2 dollars so 2000 dollars total.  You roughly make around 500 dollars right?  The thing is assuming a coin just drops so low where you cannot imagine it goes any lower, then wouldnt it make sense to go LARGE on these coins?  Like imagine you bought 5000 of these coins at 1.50 each.  Then it goes back to 2 dollars.  Well you made 2500 usd right? 

The thing is if coins keep going up and going down, then just buy when very low... sure it can drop even more lower... but as long as you hold it until it gets back to your buy price and higher for you to profit, couldnt u just rinse and repeat this with a lot of coins?  The thing is if these coins go up a lot later on, obviously you make more holding it.  However if coins keep going up and going down... then wouldnt day trading be a no brainer?  The thing is look at those coins under 5 dollars.  Wouldnt these coins be great candidates to daytrade?  I think it would be way too risky to do this with coins that are say at least 25 dollars etc.  I mean imagine you buy monaro for over 100 dollars.  Well it can easily drop all the way down.  But if you buy a coin at 5 dollars... sure it can drop to 3 dollars.  But it can always go back up as well.  The thing is can someone name me some coins where it hit say 10 dollars or more and now is all the way down to say 2 dollars or less and never recovered?  The thing is im sure there aren't that many coins like this?

The other thing i want to ask is where do you get certain coins not shown on bittrex?  Most importantly how do you even trade these coins if you cannot do this.

And for those that profit from daytrading, do most of you just use that btc and cash it out to your bank account to lock in the profits?  The thing is assumign u dont cash out to your bank account, say you made 1000 dollars doing a trade by buying a lot of lisk.  Let say you bought 1000 shares of lisk at 5 dollars when it dropped from 7 to 5.  Then you buy it and it goes up to 6 dollars.  You sell it all.  You make around 1000 dollars - fees.  So let say its 960 dollars or so.  Well since everything seems to be in btc... well your profit is in btc right?  However, couldnt your profit easily go from 960 to 800 assuming btc go down etc?  The thing that confuses me is even though i dont know anything about stocks, i know that when you buy or sell a stock, it converts to usd.  Is that correct?  And if so, you have a usd balance that you could buy or sell stocks right?  So with day trading and bittrex, how do you really even profit then if you are paid in btc on bittrex?  Unless you cash out, then how are you even locking in a profit?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:22:31 AM

I do both but for hodling i choose only for coin that have good in fundamental only. So i divide total my money in to 2 ,one for day trading and one for hodling.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Freshmen

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:40:12 AM

Holding for me is the most convenient way to take advantage of crypto. And another advantage is that I am no need to check actual prices everytime. Contrary with intraday, where it's necessary to monitor price even every hour possible. Which sometimes makes me feel easy to be emotional because circumstances.
So smart you are! Obviously when we have the easy way of earning profit why to go for hard one? The easiest and most convenient method of making money is holding your coins during dump phases and makes them active in the pumping time. I am totally against trading.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:07:52 PM

I am more comfortable as holding trader. Bbecause, i don't feel spending much time to do analysis that sometimes makes me dizzy. I am just need to make sure that altcoin has i hold is altcoin which has lots holder, big marketcap as well as many well-known people for example Ethereum.

For a full-time employee in a regular job its very hard to concentrate on the price variations and trade accordingly so i would say holding is much better than day trading for all of us who are like me. The price sometimes varies a lot and a small break may cost you in thousands.
If someone is a full time employee and a trader at the same time, first of all hats off to the efforts of that guy. However, if someone really wants to trade seriously, he needs to keep an eye on fluctuating prices because trading is all about buying and selling at the right time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: