Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28377 times)
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:25:09 PM

Holding, investing- thats what I prefer. I do day trading just for fun from time to time.
Exactly I am also in favor of holding. Day trade is better but it need so much time and your all day. You are sitting in front of screen and just observing the price charts going up and down and you are losing your emotions. So better is to buy once and wait for long time and then sell.
It all depends on your own personal skills. I will recommend you to go for day trading as this is something which can help you a lot of money in a short span of time. But you can only go for day trading if you have a good background knowledge about all the things. Otherwise, there is no need of getting into this thing, instead hold your Bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:51:09 AM

If you day trade, isn't that sort of more consistent in terms of making money such as monthly profits?  Because if you are holding, well you don't make any profit until you sell.  So say you notice all the coins start crashing, then you buy when coin prices go all the way down.  Then after a while, the coins all start going back up.  You then lock in a good profit by selling.  Of course if you wait longer, the coin prices can go higher and you would have profited more. 

So wouldn't just waiting for coins to crash be a good way to make money in that you would just buy the coins at a low price?  Of course it could take a long time for those coins to go back up in price... or it could possibly not even but doesn't that seem a bit hard since all the coin prices seem to go up eventually?

The way i look at it.  If you day trade, it seems like you could make consistent profits such as monthly profits.  If you hold, you are basically waiting a long time to sell.  Thus even if you hold a bunch of coins, you are not making any money at all during the entire time you are holding.  And since many times the coins keep crashing and then going back up etc, then couldn't you juts make money buying when everything crashes... then when prices go back up, you sell all of them for a profit?  Then just wait until the next big crash etc? 

The thing is how would you make money if the coins keep going up then vs if it keeps going down?  Because if you are daytrading and then buy at the low prices, the prices could possibly get lower and even lower.  But from what i notice, it could take a while but the coins just go back up.  So its like your coins could keep dropping down in price.  But as long as you dont sell it, you don't lose money etc. 

Now if you are trader, but coin prices keep going up, doesn't it make sense to be more of a holder?  However the issue is of course if the coin keeps going up, you don't lock any profit up at all if u don't sell and thats what daytraders do.

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:55:42 AM

Being a day trade is a pleasure because we can be a powerful speculator with ever-increasing skills. For altcoin markets it is necessary for hodl actions for coins that have the potential of developing their business. But if we are able to be more active, the price difference they have in one day can be taken small profit, and it's not just for one coin only, and if all collected will be a very good nominal.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:11:20 PM

I think if you are a good trader then trade by day will help you get good profit but you will spend a lot of time to monitor the market and this is not good. For me we should invest 1 potential altcoin and keep them till the highest profit

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:56:52 PM

I am doing a mixture of daily trading and hodling. So, I "know" in the long run I will (hopefully) have some nice profits but I am not forced to make daily trading every day. If you would focus only on day trading then you might run into the problem that you have to do something everyday even if the situation is really bad. But it is better to have the freedom to skip daily trading for some days.
It is actually a good thing for us to deal with both way for us to earn or to have a profit out of our Bitcoin. In time of learning and investing a lot of time through it , there could be a higher possibility that we could earn more and to have a bigger profit in the future. But I also agree that people have their own freedom which means that they're free on the choice they would grab , so it could be better if they would make the most out of every decision the could make.
Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

I think if you are a good trader then trade by day will help you get good profit but you will spend a lot of time to monitor the market and this is not good. For me we should invest 1 potential altcoin and keep them till the highest profit
I agree with you that we should keep at least 1 coin that has excellent potential. Because the potent coin will be able to give us many advantages. One thing to remember is never to be easy to change opinions. Our analysis of the coins we have becomes the most important part. Look at how the graph increases and decreases. Oh yes do not forget to always see the development of coin you have because dev regulations and decisions will be able to affect the price significantly.
ahtremblay

Activity: 252

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:15:47 PM

I agree with you that we should keep at least 1 coin that has excellent potential. Because the potent coin will be able to give us many advantages. One thing to remember is never to be easy to change opinions. Our analysis of the coins we have becomes the most important part. Look at how the graph increases and decreases. Oh yes do not forget to always see the development of coin you have because dev regulations and decisions will be able to affect the price significantly.
we can trade many altcoin if we have a team. each member follow some coin. so we don't need waste more time to check all altcoin in market

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:21:20 PM

That is the hard part after buyig a coin. The monitoring part.
You will have to check everyday just so you wont be late if ever there is a big sell that is incoming.
I have other coins but it seems it is getting harder to monitor them all considering there is so mucb that is around. Better bookmark and make a spreadsheet to feel some ease.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:42:38 PM

I think that you can earn more profits from small profits that you were trading everyday but i am also depending on the potential of the coin if it still can grow periodically and i will hold if it does.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:43:11 PM

Day trading is far better than holding as you will have opportunities to turn your capital around several times. As a day traders your focus is to make little profit with also little time. Holding is good if you are not a good traders.  Holding and day trading also has it own  advantages and disadvantages.
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:32:45 PM

The truth is that HODL is always better than day trading but lots of patience is involved. Day trading requires certain skills like chart reading and analysis, most importantly staring at chart all day. My advice is go long and learn to HODL like HODOR
grocon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:51:11 PM

I have to agree hold > day trading.
I tried day trading. I Got a few success but I got also a few fails.
In the end day trading eats too much time for a minor gain.

However I may be very bad at trading...
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:39:56 PM

Well let say you don't have enough money you want to trade.  Let say you have 5000 usd that you could use.  If you hold a coin for a very long time, yes you can 2x or 3x or even 5x it.  The issue is this would take a very long time.  But if you daytrade and say you always buy coins after a huge drop in price, say you buy 5000 usd worth of 2 coins at a big drop.  Then both coins go back up to what it was before it.  Then you sell the coins and your 5000 usd worth of btc could be 6000 usd worth of btc now.  Or you could even possibly turn it to 7500 usd.  Now if you have an extra 2500 usd worth to do more trading.

So wouldn't that make sense to trade more than hold especially when coins dip very low when everything drops?  Because if you keep buying at the huge dips and then selling it once it goes back to around that price or higher, you could make consistent profits and make your balance grow and do more with it.  Of course the coin prices can drop and drop even more and not recover.  However daytrading seems like a way where you could make profits and grown your cryptocurrency bankroll don't you all agree?  When you are holding, you are not making any money until you sell.  So im thinking that if you have very little money to work with, its best to day trade as oppose to hold?  But if you have a lot of capital or money to work with, just hold?  However i feel like if you have a lot of money to work with... say if you have 100000 usd or more, i think trading might make more profit if coins keep going up and down.  Thoughts on this?
Yoko 666

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:41:36 PM

it is Depend on your believe and risk

for short time holding is better

for long time trad is better with some smart and experience

for longer time holding is better with high risky and high income
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:58:55 PM

Let's prepare careful your plan, then you do not need ask others and exchange experience or opinion, others only make you doubt your plan and will change if you heard many the opinions opposite with you.
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:31:03 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Both are profitable.But for daily trading need large money to make good profit.but daily trading is risky.I always prefer for long term holding.Because if you are in loss just hold tight for long.You can make profit.
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:16:20 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

It depends on how much amount is your investment. If you want to have day trading, though you can trade in any amount but it is good to trade if you have a large amount of Bitcoin to use on scalping. But if you wanna start in a small amount of Bitcoin. It is recommended to start on investing. Like hodling potential coins for about 3 - 6 months. But Of course, both will give you good profit. Just be careful.

Exotica111

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:47:49 AM

In my opinion you can do both day trading and holding. Day trading is mostly for coins that pump and dump.
For those coins that have potential in the long term can hold for a longer period.
sevendust777

Activity: 806
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:13:52 AM

I say both short and long trade are profitable, much better if you do both, As for day trade 5% to 20% would be a great profit just pick the right coins that are in trend and high in volume. Most coins i day trade are those P&D's, risky yet very profitable. Also those new coins from ICO's are good to trade. just be careful.

..BYBIT reddit.......                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:19:41 AM

Both can help you earn profits but both have its advantages and disadvantages. For day trader, you need to closely monitor the price of your investment and sell at the right moment with hit your goal for the day. Next day day, buy again and repeat. Imagine if the coin you sold for that day pumped it way up 80% more after you sell, but you cant do anything about it anymore since you already sold your coin. Hodling, is good and you dont need to be in front of your PC waiting for the right time to sell but there are other opportunities out there that you are missing because you are stuck with a coin that you are hodling. So basically it depends on ones trading style.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: