Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28395 times)
grayhound

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:01:47 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Both are good source of profit it depends on the person on how will you strategize your investing or trading habit. Though day trading is too risky and you need to watch over the flactuation of the market everyday and it is stressful and yet profitable to those who are professional traders. While long term investment is just relax and will just be waiting for our investment to grow in coming years.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:21:21 AM

I think if you are a good trader then trade by day will help you get good profit but you will spend a lot of time to monitor the market and this is not good. For me we should invest 1 potential altcoin and keep them till the highest profit
I agree with you that we should keep at least 1 coin that has excellent potential. Because the potent coin will be able to give us many advantages. One thing to remember is never to be easy to change opinions. Our analysis of the coins we have becomes the most important part. Look at how the graph increases and decreases. Oh yes do not forget to always see the development of coin you have because dev regulations and decisions will be able to affect the price significantly.

That is the hard part after buyig a coin. The monitoring part.
You will have to check everyday just so you wont be late if ever there is a big sell that is incoming.
I have other coins but it seems it is getting harder to monitor them all considering there is so mucb that is around. Better bookmark and make a spreadsheet to feel some ease.
I don't think it is a hard part. For instance, a person has some bitcoin; he must just simply keep it in wallet. It requires no energy or work. He does not even need to do the transfer by his hands. The most difficult thing is earning a bitcoin because it has become very expensive.

Holding is better than day trading if the trader is not good at this profession. Otherwise, trading is always better than simply keeping asset.

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:06:23 AM

It varies from token to token, some tokens like Adx is good for short term or day trading and some coins like AE, DGB, IND and ICN are good for long term trading. So both are profitable!!
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:29:03 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 02:45:45 PM by Tamilson

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Well I think it's both profitable. Day trading needs a lot of attention so you can track the coins and can sell it immediately and have profit while in holding is the safest way as you just leave your coins and get back again after years or if you have at least profited. It's both good and it's all up to you how you manage this.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:57:18 PM

Both, day trade and hodling.

Work as day-trader, but if, in any case, which happens every few times, you face a crash of something which you're currently carrying, then hodl. Be a bag-holder, and wait even if it takes days/or even weeks. That's the only strategy which has worked out for me in my trading career.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

You shouldn't be asking this kind of questions.
Make your own decisions with your money and do only what you think it is best to do.
I see some guys here are answering both, i don't understand how do they hold and trade at the same time.
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

If you want to do day trading than you should do research by reading blogs, interviews, news,...
For some altcoins day trading can be very profitable but it is risky. I prefer just holding my bitcoins (long term)

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
2hot2handle

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:30:51 PM

You shouldn't be asking this kind of questions.
Make your own decisions with your money and do only what you think it is best to do.
I see some guys here are answering both, i don't understand how do they hold and trade at the same time.

To my own understanding they trade those coin that they think that are pump and dump kind of coin and they hold coins that they think will give them high return after how many years. Not all coin are profitable in long term just like DOGE.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:49:15 PM

it is Depend on your believe and risk

for short time holding is better

for long time trad is better with some smart and experience

for longer time holding is better with high risky and high income

I don't agree with the holding thing you are saying here. It's always good to hold for longer terms because it increases your earning potential by many fold. This is because bitcoin price is increasing day by day and it will continue to rise like that forever. This is for sure true because investors will be more than enough in the future as compared to today's number.

The risk is there it's no with bitcoin but with altcoins if invest into them. With bitcoin the world is not getting away at least for next two to three decades. People are progressing more on Blockchain and with that they are developing the potential use of bitcoin and hence its existence will increase more.

Trading is actually short term and high risk. In that case you can loose money within single trade.

youdacapt

Activity: 1834
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

I even do three things from both options, that is gambling, a good balance combination when I am saturated in gambling and then move on to my next activity as a daily trader, some coins I definitely hold and even continue to buy for the benefit of long-term assets, strong analysis should be based on pleasure and confidence.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

I am not a regular trader so day trading is bit risky for me as you never know when price can crash so I believe in investing in good altcoins with higher volume and the one who holds good reputation as even if price falls it will recover back so having patience is the key factor in trading and if you don't have patience then you are at a wrong place for sure.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:09:50 AM

I think if you are a good trader then trade by day will help you get good profit but you will spend a lot of time to monitor the market and this is not good. For me we should invest 1 potential altcoin and keep them till the highest profit
Day trading is not the price of cake at all, it is the most tough and complex method of earning bitcoin and other digital coins. Day trading involves hell of attention; you need to sit in front of your monitor all the time to check the situation of the market and your coin, besides you never know that it is the right time of selling your coin or not.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:25:34 AM

Day trading and holding are both good. The only advantage of day trading is you are always updated on what is happening on the market compared to long term holding where you just check them not too often.
It all depends on how much time you have for Bitcoins. If you are treating it as your second source of income and you are having some permanent job as well, then holding is the best option.

Otherwise, if your only source of income is Bitcoin and you are giving your entire time to Bitcoin then I must suggest you to go for day trading.

For me who cant look on the prices all day long will really do holding and will set only amount I wanted it to be as well as the the month I expect it to sell,though mostly it doesn't goes well that I wanted but as long as I earn enough from that coin then it'll be fine.

Right. Day trading is for people who have more patience and composure than most since prices can quickly drop and you have to have the ability to react quickly as well. If you lag down on while day trading, you'll end up missing good entrt or exit points
In my opinion, patience only for holder, day trader are the people can trade in a short time, they do not need to patience and wait the price of crypto increases or decreases. Because they need to have some plans before start to day trade, if they do not prepare and calculate careful profits or loss, they will take loss forever.
That is true. For the people who are doing day trade, they don’t have to take much tension for what is going to be at the end of day. Like you said, they must have a plan with which they have started their day, but as far as long term profiteers are concerned, they have to take patience all along their way because they could suffer more if they have loss at the end.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:40:15 PM

I think that you should hold your coins as Bitcoin has got a lot of potential and you can expect healthy amount of growth from it within 3-4 yrs . In 4 years, the price of Bitcoin may be close to 12000$.
Holding reduces your chance of potential losses which you may face in trading crypto as crypto markets are highly volatile.
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:10:52 PM

I think that you should hold your coins as Bitcoin has got a lot of potential and you can expect healthy amount of growth from it within 3-4 yrs . In 4 years, the price of Bitcoin may be close to 12000$.
Holding reduces your chance of potential losses which you may face in trading crypto as crypto markets are highly volatile.
For now I just holding my income in bitcoin, because I believe that their price in the future are raising up. I was not doubt if sometimes bitcoin value was fall down because I know that there were some enhancement happen that's why bitcoin value fall down. Hopefully that increasing value of this coin was not last, because I just want to invest more in this coin.
Radoyan1188

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:24:33 PM

trade is most profitable if you have knowledge and guess market increase or decrease. holding is good for some coin cause have many coin that day by day increase. trading is best for regularly satoshi growth.
Bitcomo

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

Bitcomo - First CPA Network based on Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:31:32 PM

I personally don't have enough time to actively day trade, so my answer is hodling. But if you luckier than me and can spend few hours a day trading, than you can definitely make good money by trading intraday.

BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:41:56 PM

There are many disadvantages and advantages in Day Trading and HODLING when day trading you can earn thousands or even millions to be possible within seconds or minutes you can also loose thousands and millions with a short period of time buy if you HODL and you know the coin will just dump and dump but you keep on fighting not to sell it, but that will make you loose more so sell right now and wait for the right time to HODL that coin.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:45:47 PM

If you trade Bitcoin and are good/lucky enough to time the buys and sells correctly, then you will make more money trading than holding. I have found that with trading it is sometimes very hard to know when to sell or buy. I have had times when the price of Bitcoin had a big increase and I sold, but the the price kept rising and I lost out on some more big profits.

My suggestion is to hold some Bitcoins for long term and trade a little. This way you are doing both and you won't miss out of big gains like I did. Another negative to trading is that it takes a lot of your time if you want to do it right. You have to be watching the charts every day.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:20:22 PM

Trading or holding will both allow you to get benefit so why not do the same thing at the same time. Try to look for the best information before investing into a coin so you would not lost the profit immediately due to the decrease of value.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: