Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:17:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28384 times)
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:13:15 PM

I think you should do both, it is less risky that way. If you hold big projects while you lose all your trading money to pump n dumps, you'll still have your big projects and the value of those tokens. if on the other hand you decided to hold and the project falls appart, you might be lucky in trading and make money that way. If you're good at hold and trading then that's even better Wink
The trading with the bitcoin and you will have to hold for the long time, you will have to hold for the long time and trade and hold the price will be very high when you will sale for the high profit. The amount of the bitcoin will be more than double. Invest the 50% today and get the 80% for the profit and will be able to buy more in the case of the high profit.
Koinci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

No Bitcoin, no problem.

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:29:33 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 07:48:30 AM by Koinci

If I had money to invest, I would divide it into two, use one half for trading and the other for holding. Both practices can be quite profitable.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:09:06 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I actually do both,  50% of the overall funds goes to trading, and the other 50% I am holding, for emergency cases, for buying solid altcoins which dump unexpectedly.

If I where to choose one between the two, I would go with long term holding since its not tiring, you simply store your coins in a hardware wallet for years. Unlike day trading, you have to always keep an eye on the market, buy when its low and sell when its high, its so tiring and requires a lot of attention.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Notmyfault7

Activity: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:09:44 AM

depends the period when in bull, just holding your coin and when in bear just do more trading.
JPMoron

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:26:54 AM

It is time to HODL even for almost every coins,
it may be a bit different after about this end month.
It will be a bit colorful probably end of this month, love it
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:40:31 AM

It depends on you if you want to day trade or hodling because day trading you need to be very focused on the thing you are doing because one slip you loose everything i know i alot of people who earned thousands of dollars within a span of 30 seconds and there's still who lost thousands of dollars in the span of 30 seconds so be ready what will happen you are really like gonna gamble.GO BIGGER GO HOME! Grin
thycrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:18:54 AM

At this point gains are most profitable with smaller coins. The gains are reached much faster. I do think that having some bitcoin will be beneficial in the future but the % gain is just not there anymore

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:22:47 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I think more profitable would be trading but it is also more riskier . In trading, you giver your money a chance to grow. But, due to volatile nature of the market, trading is also very risky.
Holding on the other hand, is a safe yet profitable. Bitcoin has a tremendous rate of growth and that growth rate is what makes holding so profitable. I would suggest you to hold your coins and wait for your investment to grow.
Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:23:48 AM

I believe a healthy coupling of both is necessary. Primarily long holds, but with day trading a slew of good spreads and pumpdirected coins.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:26:10 AM

70% HODL

Day trade  30%

You need to use some logic and strategy here. Liquidity is a real issue once you become a WHALE.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:54:07 AM

I think more profitable would be trading but it is also more riskier . In trading, you giver your money a chance to grow. But, due to volatile nature of the market, trading is also very risky.
Holding on the other hand, is a safe yet profitable. Bitcoin has a tremendous rate of growth and that growth rate is what makes holding so profitable. I would suggest you to hold your coins and wait for your investment to grow.

I agree if Holding has a good profit and as a safe investment in bitcoin though impressed slowly but we believe in the development of bitcoin prices that at any time increase. But of course if we don't have the ability to trade, because actually trading is able to get bitcoin with fast.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:50:33 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 02:02:56 AM by eann014

Both, is profitable and depends on your capital amount to trade ,Somehow, day trading is more hard to do if you have no good skills on it it it a very risky game ,you are like trading of war which in any moment it can dump hard or pump hard . Long term holding is a sure profit if you invested in a Altcoin that have a big potential in the next months or years.
I agree, I am holding bitcoin because I think this is safer than other strategies, I don't want to take high risk, so I think this is the perfect strategy for me to Hold.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:57:41 AM

Both, is profitable and depends on your capital amount to trade ,Somehow, day trading is more hard to do if you have no good skills on it it it a very risky game ,you are like trading of war which in any moment it can dump hard or pump hard . Long term holding is a sure profit if you invested in a Altcoin that have a big potential in the next months or years.
I agree, I am holding bitcoin because I think this is safer than other strategies, I don't want to take high risk so I think this is the perfect strategy for me to Hold.
I am holding my bitcoin too because I know this will give me good return in the future but I am also holding some alternative coins that I know is good. As mush as I want to day trade i get too stress and i don't have the skills in trading that is why I decided to just HOLD.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:53:28 AM

Day trading is mostly done in altcoin market where altcoins price highly fluctuates.Traders make profits by using the difference in price.In day trading,only small percentage of profit is kept and it is done repeatedly within a day for even one or two hours gap.But it might not be profitable in bitcoin market.

Holding bitcoins is the strategy which is nowadays mostly used by investors,especially in bitcoin since its price is rapidly increasing nowadays.It was not useful in earlier times when bitcoin price used to rise very slow.But,nowadays,it would be the best strategy to gain more returns.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:11:03 AM

You should divide your capital into three parts, 30% to hold the altcoin you feel potential and may have better price, 50% used to trade every day because you can get early profit but risky would be very high and 20% would keep Bitcoin if you have a need for living

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
zypa

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:05:36 AM

You should divide your capital into three parts, 30% to hold the altcoin you feel potential and may have better price, 50% used to trade every day because you can get early profit but risky would be very high and 20% would keep Bitcoin if you have a need for living

I also treat each package separate. If one fail then I let it die, never double my position or put more money . If it comes around then great. If not then let it die
Ifecostar

Activity: 93

Crypto lover, Crypto trader, Pharmacist (9.5/10)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:44:11 AM

Great comments has been made on this Ann.  Divide your capital.  Invest in each according to your discretion. 
Hold a certain percentage on a good alt after proper research.
Do day trading with a certain percentage
Then keep some btc  Smiley .

Never depend solely on one method as it could be very risky.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

I prefer to call it active trader than day trader. Well btw, If you're asking which better to become active trader or long term trader, you'll never get the specific answers. Cuz both are profitable, depend how do you manage your money in it. Become an active trader will demanding you to always watching the price movements and trending topics that could affect the price. the risk is your money could have stuck in price and you need to choose for being cut loss or wait. Long term trader are mostly doing a buy than sell, because they hold it for a specific period of time, like a year or more.
CryptoSpark

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 03:44:11 PM

I'd split your money between Crypto and other investments, perhaps shares on IG or something. Incidentally IG supports Bitcoin trading now as well.

With the crypto investment I generally hold a percentage but trade more than 50% but I trade in one or two altcoins that I've traded for a long time and have a good feel for. I find that's less risky. My wife recently showed some interest in trading so I said "pick a coin from the list on Poloniex" and she chose the most random collapsing altcoin there was but as a teaching aid I showed her how to place a small amount, $50 or so on it. Damned thing shot up like a rocket which I didn't expect at all and she made more than I did that day with my larger trades.

Hard to predict but I still still to the coins I know best.
BlockchainReserve

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:07:09 PM

HODL!! all the way. You will lose more money trying to beat the market if you have no clue what you are doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: