Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28396 times)
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:03:40 PM

I would recommend hodling even if you consider yourself an experienced trader in  another market. The thing with crypto markets are there isn't that much volume so the price swings can be hard hitting and sudden. That is for all altcoins and forkcoins, but BTC is a different story as it is becoming less and less volatile every year and you can tell by lookin at the charts.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:08:32 PM

I will stick to day trading rather than holding because holding is boring and since i don't have any things to do everyday because i am not employed then day trading is my primary job and i will do my best to earn profit per day at the minimum of $100 per day and i will keep rolling them until i got my first million and buy the finer things in life.
- Agree with you holding is something quite boring, we just wait and wait but profit can be said is quite good and the most special is that it is quite safe, not too much risk,and you do not need to spend too much time on hold. With day trading, profits are very high if you have enough experience and skills but the risk is not small, you will always face many different risks every day, success with day trading is not a simple thing, sometimes you just need a little mistake, it will also lead to huge consequences. So I think you should combine the day trading and holding, both will support each other, helps you limit the worst situations that can occur

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Ardenoss

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:27:56 PM

I am not used to day trading. Because in my opinion, it makes me a little aggressive and emotions become less controlled so less secure. Feel more comfortable with holding strategy where enough with one transaction gain large profit and another advantage is, I am no need to check the price everytime.
Sueb PAs Abimanyu

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:24:13 PM

Day trading gives little profit. Also it's very risky when there are big waves where our position in the opposite direction. Sometimes we panic and sell without deep consideration. So the profit that has been achieved even disappear. Holding, seeing a successful trader looks good. Although feels long to achieve profit, but once hit the fantastic profits will gained.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:37:42 PM

If you are a person that is tired of monitoring your bitcoin daily and you are a lazy one to do it for the profit, then it's obvious that day trading isn't for you. But if you are patient enough and you have enough time of monitoring it you can day trade. I will choose both of it as for me it's easy to do.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:16:39 PM

I think it depends. If you are an adventurer and wanna train yourself, you should choose daily trading. Otherwise, without much knowledge, you can choose invest in long-term

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:52:30 PM

I prefer holding as well, dont really have the time for day trading at the moment.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:55:23 PM

For me, I prefer to do both. I allocate large portion of my portfolio in hodling then some are for day trading. Though day trading is the more risky approach but for me this is where I enjoy. It really honed me to be a better trader everyday. I require myself to be updated in the crypto world just to anticipate the spike that might happen. In this way I can have the edge on others before it may pump. This is where you can test your patience and emotions. Dont let emotions interfere your plan. Just remember Plan your trade, trade your plan.
As for hodling, bitcoin is my top choice but I do have some altcoins that I beiieve is undervalued because of its realistic long term plan and great dev team behind it.

denisslo

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:00:28 PM

I am holding some and doing day trading with the rest, seems to be working out well
heidybarted

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

This form of trading has never really caught my attention.
Anonym1337x

Activity: 285
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:33:37 PM

I have long/mid and short term deposits aswell, but i bough some coins last year that dropped more than ~90%! Nowadays i profit better with short term (day trade) deposits, for example i buy 100.000 coins for 600.000 Satoshi and sell them for 700.000 , I know its not big profit, but if you can do it daily 3 times than its profiatble Smiley + If you do it with 6 million Satoshi , you can profit 1 Million, but don't invest in dead coins!!

Check out my Shoppy | BUY HOTELS.COM 750GBP GIFT CARD FOR 5% PRICE!
https://shoppy.gg/@HotelVouchs
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:43:26 PM

The primary aims and the capability of a trader will determine whether his/she is going into day trading or holding. The purpose of both of them is make profit. While holding could generate huge amount of profit over time, remember it requires patience and endurance. On the other hand day trading produces profit as well but not as big as holding.

NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

Hodling is only good for strong currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and so on.
But it's better to day trade with altcoin which are very volatile Day trading is also really stressing...
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:57:37 PM

Day trade and holding are both good income generators but it needs patience and endurance to earn income. The difference of the two is that the time frame of earning money.
maianh09

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

If you have some money split it up half you will buy coins that you intend to hold it for a long time 3-6 months. The rest you trade to increase your capital if you do not have the knowledge then look for videos on youtube with video sharing teach you how to tradecoin
RareRaw

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:09:10 PM

Keeping, trading- thats what I choose. I actually do day trading just for fun from time to time.
Lumin333

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:18:04 PM

I have about 40% of my portfolio hodled in BTC but thinking of selling that to put with the rest I am day trading. Doing really well on XMR right now and feel like hodling it is not achieving full potential. I am new to serious trading though and only really started with 100 bucks investment.
flippingcryptos

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:25:18 PM

The answer depends on how good you are and how strong you are emotionally.

Trading can suck at the best of times, day trading is the hardest.

For me I make way more trading on the exchanges than just sitting on it in my Trezor but I also get a sh*t load more stress ha.
Cils05

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:54:54 PM

If I think day trading is not too profitable, because pumping the price or coin it can only be done at night trading, let alone to sell it in day trading do not hope dapkat many gan
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:15:33 PM

Why keep it for long if you make a profit on day trading at the pump? vice versa, why sell it daily if it does not make a profit. The point depends only on the situation at hand and that's my thinking

For me. It depends on the goal of the trader. If he want it to invest for long term then hold it while if he just want to have a profit in short term even if it is not big then go day trading.
Yes. I totally agree with it depending on their respective thoughts and if they want to keep holding or selling it their choice. For me if the daily trading gets the profit. why have to wait long to sell but it is actually difficult to earn profits in daily trading
You can make money with day trade, but you need to accept micro profits. Example, you need to accept profits ~1% per order instead of 10% like other traders, because 1% of 10,000 USD still enough to help you earn one day salary of a retailer in my country Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: