Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28396 times)
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:50:11 AM

I hold for a long term because for  it is more profitable in that way. If you want new sensations and a little adrenaline then you can try trading, but very carefully
Holding is better than any strategy right now being implemented in this bitcoin world. But this is only for bitcoins, all those who are making their ways in altcoins, they are not preferred to hold their altcoin rather do day trade with them so that regular profits are coming every day and at the end of day they can have something better in their pockets. So good for bit coiners but bad for others.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Thardz07

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

I agree of holding bitcoins in long term. Because holding is more safe and profitable than selling day by day. Many have lost because of haste. There's no risk and nothing will be lost if we holding it in a long time. Just sell it if the bitcoin value is more higher. I got some information that the value of bitcoin in this year will increase and get up to $10k. Just hold it until that price come.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:17:32 AM

This is depend on the time we spend and skill for trading. Only by hold will be more profitable than trading if we not expert and dont have skill in trading. But if we have skill and good psikilogis in trading, trading will be promising bigger return than just hold, but trading also need more time and should be more focus than just hold.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:57:43 AM

This is depend on the time we spend and skill for trading. Only by hold will be more profitable than trading if we not expert and dont have skill in trading. But if we have skill and good psikilogis in trading, trading will be promising bigger return than just hold, but trading also need more time and should be more focus than just hold.
well i believe if we want more earnings maybe we can get ingage both trading and saving because both way are really a kinds of profitable way if we are looking for a huge return.sometimes people really need to see the difference of trading in holding we must understand first that trading is more risky than holding because in holding we can really asure that we can gain more .while in trading only god knows how it goes because it really depends on your luck.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:26:41 AM

Just HOLD if you really want to survive in cryptocurrency market, You have to be lucky for the other option.
Day trading seems to be hard than holding as you will be engaged the whole day in day trading while in holding you just have to be aware of the market. I think that there are less chances of profit in the daily business as there will be more ups and down as compare to holding of bitcoins. In holding you have more time to decide about your investment. In daily trading you can lose tomorrow which you win today.
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:34:22 AM

if you are holding a huge amount of a specific coin, then holding for long term is the best for you.
if you are holding a small amount, then you should do a daily trading to increase your coin, because you are not gonna get a lot of money even if that coin goes up in future.
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

actually more profitable than the results of tranding if we are already proficient but tranding is also high risk. if you want less risk I suggest to hold it
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:59:35 PM

day time industry made for them who are able to browse the market,manipulate the marketplace and has a lot luck.if you're not that kind of trader,never doing a every day industry if you can't make certain what's happening.generally Long term investor profit always beat day time trade,no matter what is it,even an expert usually suggest it for you to hold your expense.most of their profit come from holding not from every day trading.
in this I completely agree with you, because only real actions on the other run brings a good profit. No investment with passive income can compare with trade.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:54:42 AM

As most of people here are stating, it should be in between.

I personally hold 75-80%, and daily trade 20-25%.
That approach is fine but it is no going to suit everyone, I know that I’m not a good trader so I do not even bother to trade so the profits I can get by simply holding are way better than anything I could get by trading, however for a good trader it makes more sense to trade almost all his capital since the profits he can get by trading are going to be superior to the profits he can get by holding.
But the risk for daily trade is higher, I myself choose to hold more because to secure my money and the risk is lower and sometimes holding can earn a lot of profit than daily trading, although daily trading can maximize profits in price movements.
True but holding can be risky as well especially if we are not talking about bitcoin, ethereum or one of the most solid coins, holding an ico coin can be extremely risky the trader that only holds for a day is not exposed to that great of a risk if we compared it to those that hold their coins for weeks or months, so as you can see depending on the circumstances holding can be even more risky than trading.
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:13:06 AM

In my opinion, Hodling for 5x or 10x is too greedy. You should consider about 2x or 3x. How about trading? I think that 10% to 15% is the suitable profit

Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:45:23 AM

Irrespective regardless of whether you day time industry of HODL you should maintain some USDT, so when the market will go bloodstream red-colored you have cash to provide. Instead of having all of your coins locked up in alts.

This time i am about to trade my coins. I just got online and the price is at 7900$. What a great deal for traders today. It was all worth buying during the period when bitcoin is still recovering from that cancelled transaction.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:23:33 PM

If you have all the time in the world you should do day trading. It takes up most of your time due to constant checking of the market. It can net you more profits for short term but  the risk is higher. If you don't have the time then do long  term hold. No mess. All you have to do is wait.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:30:00 PM

What about this?  Pick a few coins.  It could just be 1 coin or 2 coin.  Let say the price is 1 dollar and 10 dollar each to make it simple.  Say you buy 100 of the 5 dollar coin and 100 of the 10 dollar coin so 1500 total.

Your goal is to sell the all the coins once you make 20 percent.  So when the coin hits 6 dollars on the first coin, you would sell it.  When the coin hits 12 dollars on the other coin, you sell it.  But you do it as those sell order where it automatically sells it for you when it hits the price.  So when you do that, you would make 200 dollar profit on the 5 dollar coin and 200 dollar profit on the 10 dollar coin for a 400 dollar profit.  The thing is if the coin price drops.. well you do nothing at all.  You only sell once it hits the 6 dollar and 12 dollar goal.  But say it takes a very long time and it doesn't hit it.  I think selling it back as long as you get back at least 5 dollars and 10 dollar each for each coin is good.

Do people do this?  Thus invest x amount in a coin or coins and have a profit goal for each coin?  Like okay once i make 20 percent or 10 percent on this coin, i want it sold so i could lock in a profit?  Then i go on with a different coin?  Or i might go buy this coin once again if it goes down?  Of course if it goes up, you would have made more money but until you sell the coin, you don't lock in any profits etc.

Now imagine you do this with bigger amounts like 5k , 10k or 20k.  Sure your 5k total investment of one coin or two could go down to 3k or less.  But unless you sell it, you don't lose.  And say you hit your 20 percent goal, well that is 1000 dollars in profit.  If you do this a few times, thats good money.

Im wondering if lot of people do this strategy.  I can see this strategy not work if a person just sells because the price keeps dropping.   But if you don't do that and have patience, isn't this a great idea?  Thus earn more btc... then as you build up more btc, you use that to invest bigger amounts and do the same with other coins etc?
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:01:11 AM

if you are holding a huge amount of a specific coin, then holding for long term is the best for you.
if you are holding a small amount, then you should do a daily trading to increase your coin, because you are not gonna get a lot of money even if that coin goes up in future.

It can be the other way around like if you hold the small amount and do day trading with high amount of specific coins. The benefit of doing this will be that in case you got a very low profit per coin, you will still be able to gather high amount of profits only because you have more coins to trade with. I think in this way, one can get profit even if the per coin rate increased by very less amount.
katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:17:03 AM

actually more profitable than the results of tranding if we are already proficient but tranding is also high risk. if you want less risk I suggest to hold it
Day trading can't guarantee you the profit all the time it depends on the how much fortunate one can have, sometimes can earn money, sometimes may lose the money, so day trading is like testing the luck.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:00:59 AM

Day trading is best for newbie. But they have to learn before trading. They can get profit everyday without waiting for long time.
It all depends on the person himself. If he is good at day trading, then there is nothing bad in becoming day trader. The thing is you need to have lot of things to do in the world of day trading especially you need to manage your time during day trading.

Holding is also a good option but for that you really need to be patient. Be sure that you are opting the right option before making any decision.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sparveenat

Activity: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:10:52 AM

You yourselves answer about which is best whether day trade or Holding. I agree with your point. I prefer to hold only as I know how much I need as return once it reached I will sure about booking profit and it is less risk and your investment gives you best returns. In day trade you need to be restless and risk also there more compare with holding.

Bitmora

Activity: 179
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:13:40 AM

Coming from stocks as a day trader, I came into crypto day trading and still do it to this day. A few coins such as Ethereum I hold, but for the most part I day trade.
Rostchild

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:40:22 AM

I wouls choose to HODL (for the falling) - many altcoins are dropping, HODL

I also choose to buy more, not trading (may be pumping).
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:14:38 AM

Day trading can't guarantee you the profit all the time it depends on the how much fortunate one can have, sometimes can earn money, sometimes may lose the money, so day trading is like testing the luck.
I do not agree if Trading is said to be a fortune. because I think Trading relies heavily on the skills and experience we have. With experience then we can do the right strategy in trading, the selection of time to buy and sell coin that we have will be a determinant of what we will get. Trading is a thing that is severely affected by the right timing, while luck is not part of Trading. any time we can do Trading and any time we can also make a decision !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: