Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:05:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28395 times)
abdulaziz07

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:05:37 PM

Day trading involves a lot of sentiments and hard to watch charts everytime..
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:11:50 PM

Hodl! Almost all the market are red to BTC. While BTC grow up it is very hard to find some profitable instrument.

Tongue
alphalifter304

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:30:03 PM

Do both, I day trade with half of the balance if that makes sense. I will not trade with junk coins and only likes ones worth holding so this works to cover yourself from both angles. The only thing is obviously the more you have to invest, the more this will work for you. I am not paitent enough to do long term holding because I think I make more from day trading, but at the same time I am not dumb enough to pass up on the opportunity and advantages of holding. Just stay away from gambling and junk coins and you will be fine.
vestenvinden

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:30:45 PM

Lets be honest. Day trading is very difficult, and requires a lot of skills. Only a few people have the necessary skills to turn it into a real profit. Mostly you will end up getting trapped in a pump-dump scheme - or loose your money to fees. Of course you can give it a go, but be honest to yourself and admit that you are very likely not among the few skilled in that kind of business.

A lot of people loose money, because they think they have som God-given skill... too much confidence is never a good thing
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:11:20 PM

If you feel confident that you can time the peaks and valleys of Bitcoin’s price fluctuation well enough to make money, then it’s probably worth it to trade. Otherwise just hold. I have done both and there is no right or wrong answer because it depends on whether you are willing to do the work to research the charts and take the time to make trades. Plus you need to have the discipline to wait for your target prices for selling and buying.
heartrodriguez28

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:27:26 PM

Holding is much safer than day trading. However, buying blindly without a plan and holding is something that you shouldn't do.
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:52:26 PM

Long term holding and day trading are both profitable. However, day trading is very risky. It takes a lot of skill and practice, and you should always be updated and should know how the price of cryptos goes from time to time, or else you wont gain anything. On the other hand, you can do long term holding but you need to have a lot of PATIENCE. All you need to do is hold and wait until its price goes up. Its up to you how much %profit you want before you sell your bitcoin.
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:30:44 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Since the value of bitcoin right now is $15,775.36 then for me, it is time to buy bitcoin because it is a big opportunity to hold it for a while if you believed that bitcoin will keep on increasing in the future. However, the bitcoin price right now is experiencing a huge plunge and it seems that it is not the right time to buy.  The night trading and day trading is both profitable the only difference between the two is the skills of the person. To those people who have a bitcoin in their wallet, I think holding it for a while is worth waiting for.
AndrewBoltz

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:26:33 AM

I think day trading is way more risky than holding. Day trading needs guts and some good prediction how the market would go. But in holding, you will just have to wait until you feel enough for the profit.
FeArZ

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:54:22 AM

if we look upon the success and profit of day time investors then they are much better then cases, because day time traders generate profit and revel in time by time while holder just wait and when time arrive for selling they simply enjoy profit after a long period of time.

Day trading is good for those people that has a lot of time to give for it but for people who are working all day long on their offices holding will be the best choice for them. I've an example of how much day traders are earning, if you have an investment capital of lowest $500 and this is good for those day traders that are still new and doesn't want to take higher risk and decided to have 3% gain daily.
3%x30 days = 90% and that will be equivalent to $450 and that's quite good right?
I will always prefer day trading because day trading are very fast trading and give you profit with a past rate and I have experienced in day trading while holding trading is also good but it take a lot of time so that’s why  I am interested in day trading. Otherwise holding trading is also best for earning profit.
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:56:10 AM

It depends on the coin. If the coin is prospect for holding so you hodl. But if the coin has Pump and Dump history, you may just trade it Smiley
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:08:02 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?
Trading is always better and more profitable than holding bitcoin. if you are a beginner you should be holding your bitcoin for safety reasons because without proper trading knowledge you might easily lose your all money. Once you learn what the trading is all about and know how to do it you may start small to avoid huge loses. it is a slow and steady process, you should always remember that. 

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:21:53 PM

if we look upon the success and profit of day time investors then they are much better then cases, because day time traders generate profit and revel in time by time while holder just wait and when time arrive for selling they simply enjoy profit after a long period of time.

Day trading is good for those people that has a lot of time to give for it but for people who are working all day long on their offices holding will be the best choice for them. I've an example of how much day traders are earning, if you have an investment capital of lowest $500 and this is good for those day traders that are still new and doesn't want to take higher risk and decided to have 3% gain daily.
3%x30 days = 90% and that will be equivalent to $450 and that's quite good right?
I will always prefer day trading because day trading are very fast trading and give you profit with a past rate and I have experienced in day trading while holding trading is also good but it take a lot of time so that’s why  I am interested in day trading. Otherwise holding trading is also best for earning profit.
Yeah, day trading can be profitable quickly and if we have the skills and experience suitable for day trading, this will be an advantage for us to avoid risk and improve profitability. However, personally, I do not like the nature of day trading because it is too fast, it will bring great danger, too fast = too dangerous, this is something that I think everyone knows, we only need to make one mistake, everything we earn before will be useless, so we should choose the holding, it does not have too many special requirements, we just need to select the appropriate time to buy and patience, profits will soon come.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:07:23 AM

To be honest day trading is recomended for crypto veteran only. If you have no balls to lose ur money. I suggest to hodl the coin. Day trading in crupto can make u rich or get heart attack. However day trading in crypto there is no margin call and u only lose if you sell it. Unlike forex with laverage
Day trading is very lucrative and at the same time very risky,its those who are well versed in forex trading that should venture into forex trading and they should be able to read the economics signs or news with regards to cryptos or they will end up losing all their money.
Yeah! All methods of making coins and earning profit with them do work but as you discussed, it varies investor to investor. What skills you have, how good are you at business, statistics, mathematics etc. because all these count when you want to adopt trading for making profit.

But if you are not good at any of these things plus controlling your emotions, the best option for you is holding and trust me, you will make easy profit here.
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:15:19 AM

If you have been trading for a long time, you have got enough experience then day trading is for you. Otherwise, holding would be better.
jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:19:21 AM

The primary aims and the capability of a trader will determine whether his/she is going into day trading or holding. The purpose of both of them is make profit. While holding could generate huge amount of profit over time, remember it requires patience and endurance. On the other hand day trading produces profit as well but not as big as holding.
Suleiman the Magnificent

Activity: 504
Merit: 120

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:20:11 AM

I think hodling with a part of the money and doing the daily trade with the remaining part is the right choice. However, you need to be careful when doing daily trade. Must set a target and act accordingly.
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:05:20 AM

On a such bulish market as we have in crypto, HOLD is better,than trading. In case, I don't recommend you margin trading and short. As long as some coins can show 1000% results , long is more preferable
Day trading requirements are quite different from the holding as both have different perceptions as in day trading you have to concentrate on the daily income coming from your capital and in holding you have to wait for longer time to get profit from your capital.

Day trading is more difficult as you will have to give more time to your business  in order to keep update your self from daily developments in the market.
AndrewBoltz

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:48:03 PM

Day trading is way more difficult and risky than holding. But I think day trading or any other kinds of trading is more profitable than holding and waiting for the coin to reach a certain level.
Innewith

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:56:19 PM

Holding. Because more relaxed also save time. We don't need to observe price movements of the coins we hold. Efficient and effective where the benefits and risks are better than daytrading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: