Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:45:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28395 times)
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:10:47 AM

I think it is best if you do both,Half of your coin for day trading and half for holding. Both ways are profitable,meaning it's still a win-win for you.
However,if you're a newbie, it is advised to hold your coins because you need enough knowledge to trade. On the other hand, Day trading is risky because you have capital.

cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:59:50 AM

Day trade and holding has a small difference. Day trading is risking what we have in wallet to make an additional earning, holding is simply keeping hold of it without moving it anywhere else. Here different users have different perspectives on preference. I go with day trading.

It depends on how much amount is your investment. If you want to have day trading, though you can trade in any amount but it is good to trade if you have a large amount of Bitcoin to use on scalping. But if you wanna start in a small amount of Bitcoin. It is recommended to start on investing. Like hodling potential coins for about 3 - 6 months. But Of course, both will give you good profit. Just be careful.
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:29:05 AM

I will stay a long time with those COINS that have a long-term potential. Short-term investments to rely on their own experience to grasp, you set a range, for example, such as your short-term holdings of currency or 10% or 20% to you expect to do business, if lost, you choose to continue to hold, such as rose up to sell!
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:26:12 AM

The most important thing is to know and watch the markets. The you have to learn trading signals, you could start of here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjbyew6oyc&list=PLovfz5BWiPa34GzoacromtRO-hq1XQSnD&index=1

Then you can always join some trading groups like this one: https://discord.gg/JQpwCE7. But be carefull with what you read and alwys think for yourself.
Yeah! You are right. In order to gain more and earn more you need to be watchful in about market status. You must always check the price and volume of your coins. Day trading is so risky and need a hard work. Where some of us really wuit this because there are also many things to be considered. Although this one is really profitable there are some traders quit day trading. So, I better to go with it even it is so risky and need hard works as long as Im happy and enjoying this kind of job.
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:17:19 PM

Both activities can be very profitable.
I think,day trading are for the experience trader because it requires a full time monitoring of the cryptos on an hourly basis so that they can have a good look on all the coins on the market.They have to watch and analyze all the coins price movement so they can have a good idea on what coins to trade.(not an easy thing to do)
And i don't have the time needed to do day trading so i would rather choose to HODL the coins i have and sell it when its price go up which is the easiest thing to do.
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:35:53 PM

Safer bet is probably hodling.

If you are smart about day trading, strong TA, stop loss, not using margin, some luck Wink, you can do well with it.

Also its probably more exciting than holding.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514
Merit: 10

●●

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

I prefer long-term trading on coins that have the potential to generate high profits. every day the value will rise but only slightly, but if we wait longer then the profits will be greater.

Many long-term coins that have great potential in the future and have a high price.
chrismarie1221

Activity: 20
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:14:31 PM

It depends also on the coins,  some of them last only for a day trade and some are for long term. Both of them are profitable, but for me i will choose holding a coin for a long term
Ryan Tirta Permana

Activity: 136
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Based on what you say, if according to my logic obviously more profitable day trade, and the risk is the same that if the price is not according to what we think, but the hold is more secure because you do not have to always look at the price and wait for it.

Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

From my experience in current market HODLING is better option than trading.
Coins are increasing like rocket.
Cryptocurrency market is booming so it is wise to hodl some decent projects.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:49:00 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Both, is profitable and depends on your capital amount to trade ,Somehow, day trading is more hard to do if you have no good skills on it it it a very risky game ,you are like trading of war which in any moment it can dump hard or pump hard . Long term holding is a sure profit if you invested in a Altcoin that have a big potential in the next months or years.

I agree. Actually, to my mind, it's better if you do both because one is more on the passive side and the other is on the active side with more action. When I say passive, I am pertaining to holding, you just expand your holdings and then wait for the perfect time to dispose of it for profit which may take a couple of months or even years, for long term investments. On the other hand, the more active approach is day trading, you have more control on your earnings because you do it real-time and simultaneously while any change may happen at any time of the day. For some people, that has more action, but it also fosters more control with their earnings.

mandapanda169

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:49:36 PM

I've been doing a bit of both and honestly, when I take into account the losses I've seen from altcoins, my results are about sixes. If I'd just kept everything in eth or btc, i'd have made just as much money. Plus, day trading is so stressful and it's so much easier to get caught in the emotional investing trap.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:58:28 PM

If you have time so much make day trade otherwise you should go to hodl. Hodl seems more secure than day trade
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:41:26 PM

Both are really good but make sure you know what you are going for, if you don't know how to trade yet to bother to go into trading for you not to lose your fund. If you aren't good in trading buy coin and hold for a very long time you will make gain holding it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:54:37 PM

I like to hold coin for a very long period because there will surely be a huge profit in the long run but in day trade the profit is not that much considering profit by holding the coin for long.

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:19:23 PM

I like to hold coin for a very long period because there will surely be a huge profit in the long run but in day trade the profit is not that much considering profit by holding the coin for long.

Well, I surely have to agree with you here. My profits of holding are much more than profits of day-trading. Just buy the coin which has forks, airdrop, events, etc in the future and watch it grow. That's much easier and more profitable. In day-trading, you'll most probably become lunch for whales.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:26:37 PM

Well, I surely have to agree with you here. My profits of holding are much more than profits of day-trading. Just buy the coin which has forks, airdrop, events, etc in the future and watch it grow. That's much easier and more profitable. In day-trading, you'll most probably become lunch for whales.
Hardfork became popular because it was an easy way to make money. but it becomes dangerous if without good judgment. like nxt, everyone buys it to get the ignis then the price falls and everyone slumps.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Svandis

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:29:02 PM

Well, I think that if you have confidence in your trading skills and reading the charts - day trading is ok

https://svandis.io/
▲ SVANDIS ⇔ TOKEN SALE Q2 2018 ▲
▲TIMING IS EVERYTHING  ⇔ ALL DATA - ONE PLACE ▲
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:25:08 PM

Hardfork became popular because it was an easy way to make money. but it becomes dangerous if without good judgment. like nxt, everyone buys it to get the ignis then the price falls and everyone slumps.

Yes, but I think selling a few hours before fork can be more suitable for profits. Dumping after fork can be dangerous, as it causes the forked coin an instant crash.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:31:48 PM

Holding is much more profitable if you know what you are really doing in there.. You can not just buy as many coins as you want and try to hold them all, it is very risky, and specially if you are not holding a good coin, like one of those who are just being released right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: