Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:33:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013  (Read 523357 times)
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

Hey guys

Has anyone tried the Digitalcoin Forums over the past 2 days? I'm trying to access it and I'm prompted to provide my login details even before the page has loaded.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the professional design team working on a new Digitalcoin site which baritus spoke about.

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

Hey guys

Has anyone tried the Digitalcoin Forums over the past 2 days? I'm trying to access it and I'm prompted to provide my login details even before the page has loaded.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the professional design team working on a new Digitalcoin site which baritus spoke about.

Can you access the forum by putting in your data? I didn't dare try as I feared it could be some type of phishing.
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:22:26 PM

did dat  Grin
ShimalH

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

Hey guys

Can you access the forum by putting in your data? I didn't dare try as I feared it could be some type of phishing.

I did but still couldn't access it

ShareCoin : SStrk8BCdBkbANHHbwGrU293qivEY2HEiy
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:35:32 PM

Digitalcoin AND CryptoAve should learn a very very important lesson from Worldcoin and Scharmbeck. Being tied too closely together can spell disaster for the coin under certain circumstances. Initially it should be fine for DGC and CryptoAve to be very close, assuming there are not major problems with CryptoAve, but I suggest that as time goes on, they distance themselves from each other a bit (maybe by CryptoAve supporting a couple of other coins among other things), because there is always the chance that the regulators will make new laws that will prohibit CryptoAve, or any other similar entity from operating the way it wants, and this could be a huge problem if tied to close to digitalcoin.

It's still unclear what is going on with Scharmbeck, but I am anticipating they will either dissolve, or there will be a longer delay until they are set up. They have been having problems with depositing funds while in beta. I have been following this very closely. Now, and in the next couple of weeks is a huge opportunity for DGC, if it can step up its game and start marketing, with a new website etc..! There are alot of angry Ex-WDC supporters out there, which could be easily convinced to come aboard the DGC ship. I have been a supporter of both coins for a while, but seeing all the problems with WDC now, and with all the money i've lost because of it, I've had enough with the coin. All aboard the DGC ship!!!

Sharmbeck were suspected to be fraud from the second they announced it. A pump and dump scheme to benefit the insiders. I have not read similiar accusations against cryptoave so i don't think you can compare the two.
hash.so

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:52:11 PM

Come mine DigitalCoin with us:

https://dgc.hash.so/

* 1% default donation, can be removed but please don't Smiley
* Super fast servers
* vardiff
* Default MPOS layout, the one you know well (efficient!), Internals have been optimized to make it faster!
* stratum on port 80 and 443, which helps if you are behind a firewall
* One click coin switcher, mine all of our (31) coins with ease!
* PPLNS
* Very nice admins, come say hi in IRC #hash.so @ freenode

Hash.so mining pools with easy coin switching! vardiff, pplns, and 0% fee (1% default donation). Come join us! Smiley
Currently we have 40 scrypt coins and adding new ones all the time.
Support/request thread here.
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:54:12 AM

After a long time of absence I went to take a look at BTC-e last night. As expected, there was a huge panic in the trollbox of litecoin owners (poor thing) and Bitcoin traders after the crash following the MtGox announcement of holding all BTC withdrawals. I speculated that some traders might buy into well maintained altcoins instead of fiat and got a very positive response from several people who love DGC and agree it's undervalued. (They told me, I said nothing.) Maybe 2-3 months ago people knew about DGC but the reactions were quite different. So maybe reputation isn't as bad for DGC as its relatively low trading price and lack of volume makes one believe. Made some advertisement for CryptoAve as I was asked for the website address.
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:30:53 AM

After a long time of absence I went to take a look at BTC-e last night. As expected, there was a huge panic in the trollbox of litecoin owners (poor thing) and Bitcoin traders after the crash following the MtGox announcement of holding all BTC withdrawals. I speculated that some traders might buy into well maintained altcoins instead of fiat and got a very positive response from several people who love DGC and agree it's undervalued. (They told me, I said nothing.) Maybe 2-3 months ago people knew about DGC but the reactions were quite different. So maybe reputation isn't as bad for DGC as its relatively low trading price and lack of volume makes one believe. Made some advertisement for CryptoAve as I was asked for the website address.

Glad to hear this, disclaimer201.  Unlike so many of the garbage coins that has been released in 2013 and so far in 2014, I still say barritus did an exceptional job with the release of this coin.  The complete lack of a premine, and the initially very low and then escalating block rewards helped create about as fair of a launch as I have seen.  At a time when people have actually decided (been brainwashed to accept?) that a 2% premine is reasonable, regardless of BS reasons given, there are so many people new to crypto and mining and it seems they will accept just about everything to get in on the next to-the-moon possibility.  DGC did it better & different.

The two things I've always considered (just to myself) about this coin was if DigiCoin would have been a better name (as posted #15 in this thread suggested), and if a somewhat-higher block reward would make the coin more attractive, but all that being said, here I am still almost a year later and still like it.  I hope CryptoAve does bring some additional attention to DGC.  Personally, I think it deserves it.

edit: can't spell...
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:54:22 AM

Glad to hear this, disclaimer201.  Unlike so many of the garbage coins that has been released in 2013 and so far in 2014, I still say barritus did an exceptional job with the release of this coin.  The complete lack of a premine, and the initially very low and then escalating block rewards helped create about as fair of a launch as I have seen.  At a time when people have actually decided (been brainwashed to accept?) that a 2% premine is reasonable, regardless of BS reasons given, there are so many people new to crypto and mining and it seems they will accept just about everything to get in on the next to-the-moon possibility.  DGC did it better & different.

The two things I've always considered (just to myself) about this coin was if DigiCoin would have been a better name (as posted #15 in this thread suggested), and if a somewhat-higher block reward would make the coin more attractive, but all that being said, here I am still almost a year later and still like it.  I hope CryptoAve does bring some additional attention to DGC.  Personally, I think it deserves it.

edit: can't spell...

Yeah, but wtf is a Digi?  digital is much more marketable, understandable,  and professional.
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:31:02 AM

Yeah, but wtf is a Digi?  digital is much more marketable, understandable,  and professional.

No argument here, really.  Especially given what we've seen recently, Digitalcoin was and is brilliant.
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:38:03 AM

Is the website down? I keep getting a 404.
cagiv1984

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:12:51 AM

Digitalcoin AND CryptoAve should learn a very very important lesson from Worldcoin and Scharmbeck. Being tied too closely together can spell disaster for the coin under certain circumstances. Initially it should be fine for DGC and CryptoAve to be very close, assuming there are not major problems with CryptoAve, but I suggest that as time goes on, they distance themselves from each other a bit (maybe by CryptoAve supporting a couple of other coins among other things), because there is always the chance that the regulators will make new laws that will prohibit CryptoAve, or any other similar entity from operating the way it wants, and this could be a huge problem if tied to close to digitalcoin.

It's still unclear what is going on with Scharmbeck, but I am anticipating they will either dissolve, or there will be a longer delay until they are set up. They have been having problems with depositing funds while in beta. I have been following this very closely. Now, and in the next couple of weeks is a huge opportunity for DGC, if it can step up its game and start marketing, with a new website etc..! There are alot of angry Ex-WDC supporters out there, which could be easily convinced to come aboard the DGC ship. I have been a supporter of both coins for a while, but seeing all the problems with WDC now, and with all the money i've lost because of it, I've had enough with the coin. All aboard the DGC ship!!!

Sharmbeck were suspected to be fraud from the second they announced it. A pump and dump scheme to benefit the insiders. I have not read similiar accusations against cryptoave so i don't think you can compare the two.

Anyone can scream FUD about anything at anytime on the internet. I have seen no conclusive evidence that Scharmbeck is a fraud. In fact I believe it to be legitimate. At least a couple of them are good people! Enough Derailing of the thread........It is very easy to compare Scharmbeck to CryptoAve. The both are planning to a crypto to fiat transfer bank. I'm not sure of all the features that CryptoAve will have as I have not followed it as closely as Scharmbeck.

At the risk of repeating myself....When a currency is tied to a specific outcome such as WDC was to Scharmbeck, it can be very dangerous if a deadline is missed, or if there is not timely communication, or the planned event falls through, etc...  Especially when there has been extensive marketing through many outlets connecting the currency to the corporate entity. This can be extremely beneficial in the short term, but I would argue that it is very risky in the long term, considering all the regulatory possibilities among other things.

On a slightly separate note...In my opinion DGC needs a foundation with a few very active members, and needs much more marketing without being tied to CryptoAve directly via potential events!  There are sooo many crypto enthusiats on bitcointalk, that would be the best place to do it.  If DGC is going to succeed, it needs ALOT more people actively marketing and creating new services for it. Almost nobody knows about it....it's lost in the sea of shitcoins.
cryptmebro

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

Anyone can scream FUD about anything at anytime on the internet. I have seen no conclusive evidence that Scharmbeck is a fraud. In fact I believe it to be legitimate. At least a couple of them are good people! Enough Derailing of the thread........It is very easy to compare Scharmbeck to CryptoAve. The both are planning to a crypto to fiat transfer bank. I'm not sure of all the features that CryptoAve will have as I have not followed it as closely as Scharmbeck.

At the risk of repeating myself....When a currency is tied to a specific outcome such as WDC was to Scharmbeck, it can be very dangerous if a deadline is missed, or if there is not timely communication, or the planned event falls through, etc...  Especially when there has been extensive marketing through many outlets connecting the currency to the corporate entity. This can be extremely beneficial in the short term, but I would argue that it is very risky in the long term, considering all the regulatory possibilities among other things.

On a slightly separate note...In my opinion DGC needs a foundation with a few very active members, and needs much more marketing without being tied to CryptoAve directly via potential events!  There are sooo many crypto enthusiats on bitcointalk, that would be the best place to do it.  If DGC is going to succeed, it needs ALOT more people actively marketing and creating new services for it. Almost nobody knows about it....it's lost in the sea of shitcoins.

It really is time to start pushing DGC.   It has to be everywhere in order to get anywhere.
cagiv1984

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:53:23 AM

""It really is time to start pushing DGC.   It has to be everywhere in order to get anywhere.""

Agreed. It's not like this is a scam coin. I believe it can be hyped, and marketed and pumped without a burden on the conscience....and needs to be. There are so many strong characteristics of this coin! It is incredibly undervalued....for now
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:43:17 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 07:06:51 AM by r32godzilla

Apparently there is a big marketing push to coincide with the release of CryptoAve. Agreed though we need to push DGC alot more which starts now Wink

BTW DGC forums are still down, ignore that authentication box. The site is still being upgraded after the database issue I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
cryptmebro

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:01:36 AM

Crazy that Digitalcoin is behind crap coins like YbCoin, Infinitecoin, Kittehcoin and Tickets.

I think we'll see in time that these things have a way of working themselves out.

I sure hope so. all of these scamcoins are making me avoid the alt section. i'll be the first one to say, i always thought DGC was gonna be a pump and dump, but the Development team have proven me wrong time and time again. It's great to see a coin that came out when i first got into crypto is still alive and kicking. I really think DGC will be one of the few that can stick around once regulation comes.

sidenote:

that blockr.io site is straight up sexy.

oh yes,  that's some great eye candy there.  plus,  it's functional!
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:08:19 AM

""It really is time to start pushing DGC.   It has to be everywhere in order to get anywhere.""

Agreed. It's not like this is a scam coin. I believe it can be hyped, and marketed and pumped without a burden on the conscience....and needs to be. There are so many strong characteristics of this coin! It is incredibly undervalued....for now

Sadly, when BTC is crashing hard it is the worst time for pumping. Now, it's just supporting DGC not to fall like a rock as Ltc does. There wasn't even enough volume for that to happen until someone dumped a few thousand coins today for Bitcoins that weren't even on the buy order book yesterday. Again, marketing is needed badly but right now the overall atmosphere with the Gox issue and all the other fud going on it might also be a bad timing for marketing. I have to say it but I think we missed the train on marketing when the crypto hype was going strong. Now, it may be harder to do than a month ago. People are losing a lot of money on Bitcoin (at least investors do, traders will love it). Therefore, I think we should try to attract traders right now.

Why does it take days to get the forum back up? I know the deadline is coming close but we need the forum back up asap AND a marketing campaign to target Bitcoin investors not to get out to fiat but into DGC. It will be the best investment of their lifetime, hardly any money to be earned on pure BTC hoarding anyway unless you own large amounts of coins. There is a chance to turn this thing around. Yet I think the downtrend on BTC will continue well into the next week. People know that DGC is massively undervalued, but it won't stop them to sell DGC as the perceived DGC/USD value drops. IMO
cagiv1984

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:35:54 AM

""It really is time to start pushing DGC.   It has to be everywhere in order to get anywhere.""

Sadly, when BTC is crashing hard it is the worst time for pumping. Now, it's just supporting DGC not to fall like a rock as Ltc does. There wasn't even enough volume for that to happen until someone dumped a few thousand coins today for Bitcoins that weren't even on the buy order book yesterday. Again, marketing is needed badly but right now the overall atmosphere with the Gox issue and all the other fud going on it might also be a bad timing for marketing. I have to say it but I think we missed the train on marketing when the crypto hype was going strong. Now, it may be harder to do than a month ago. People are losing a lot of money on Bitcoin (at least investors do, traders will love it). Therefore, I think we should try to attract traders right now.

Why does it take days to get the forum back up? I know the deadline is coming close but we need the forum back up asap AND a marketing campaign to target Bitcoin investors not to get out to fiat but into DGC. It will be the best investment of their lifetime, hardly any money to be earned on pure BTC hoarding anyway unless you own large amounts of coins. There is a chance to turn this thing around. Yet I think the downtrend on BTC will continue well into the next week. People know that DGC is massively undervalued, but it won't stop them to sell DGC as the perceived DGC/USD value drops. IMO

I think you are correct about missing the opportunity for the most effective marketing. Now it is going to be much more difficult. I really doubt CryptoAve will have much effect on the price. I hope I am wrong.
CoHe

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:12:36 AM

Is the Digitalcoin forum down?
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:58:53 AM

Is the Digitalcoin forum down?

Yep due to a database issue. Apparently the host is being upgraded according to Baritus last post in this thread. Hopefully not too much longer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: