Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:16:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013  (Read 523357 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:10:17 PM

Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:24:10 PM

Sure, you can join the promo team and get paid DGC per article.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:31:30 PM

Sure, you can join the promo team and get paid DGC per article.

How does that work?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
okie_freemen

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:52:24 PM

completely wrong assumptions being made by Baritus on this difficulty issue, will he drop the ego and admit he is wrong? My guess is not, and dgc will continue to suffer because of it.
Xmansk

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:56:47 PM

completely wrong assumptions being made by Baritus on this difficulty issue, will he drop the ego and admit he is wrong? My guess is not, and dgc will continue to suffer because of it.

What are your arguments? Present yourself

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
okie_freemen

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

What are your arguments? Present yourself

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

Unfortunately Baritus has chosen to ignore and blow off the many people who have tried to bring this to his attention for the last 2 months in irc, and now that he fianlly has recognized we are right that it is a problem, instead of listening to us, he is instead is proposing an update which makes the difficulty respond even slower than it already does which makes the problem even worse.

If he would treat the source of the problem and not the symptom he would see difficulty stabilize and the price of dgc stop going down daily.

DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:44:40 PM

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

Unfortunately Baritus has chosen to ignore and blow off the many people who have tried to bring this to his attention for the last 2 months in irc, and now that he fianlly has recognized we are right that it is a problem, instead of listening to us, he is instead is proposing an update which makes the difficulty respond even slower than it already does which makes the problem even worse.

If he would treat the source of the problem and not the symptom he would see difficulty stabilize and the price of dgc stop going down daily.

That's not what this update is doing. What this update is doing is limiting the amount the difficulty can go up or down. Meaning, that gpu farms, multipool, middlecoin, etc... won't even have the chance for an unfair advantage because the difficulty will no longer wildly fluctuate from 5 to 1 and back to 5. Instead, if a farm drives the difficulty up to 5 one time... the most it will drop is back down to 3 or 4... so the farms won't have any benefit to jump back on.

In theory... this update will keep the difficulty in a range that should keep DGC in the 5-10 most profitable coins to mine and avoid being number 1 or number 20 so the hopping pools don't ever mine it since it is never number 1 and the loyal miners don't suffer because it will never be in last place.

This could be a great thing. Don't judge it until you see it in action.

okie_freemen

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:53:57 PM

That's not what this update is doing. What this update is doing is limiting the amount the difficulty can go up or down. Meaning, that gpu farms, multipool, middlecoin, etc... won't even have the chance for an unfair advantage because the difficulty will no longer wildly fluctuate from 5 to 1 and back to 5. Instead, if a farm drives the difficulty up to 5 one time... the most it will drop is back down to 3 or 4... so the farms won't have any benefit to jump back on.

In theory... this update will keep the difficulty in a range that should keep DGC in the 5-10 most profitable coins to mine and avoid being number 1 or number 20 so the hopping pools don't ever mine it since it is never number 1 and the loyal miners don't suffer because it will never be in last place.

I understand that, this update makes difficulty respond even slower, which is the problem in the first place.   All he is doing is allowing a longer time of profitability for multipool to mine at unfair profitability advantage and dump coin, he is also increasing the amount of time for small miners who support the coin to mine at an unfair high difficulty. It amazes me that most of you can not understand this.  Whatever, you all will implement what i have suggested out of necessity in another couple months after dgc adds another decimal place to its price.
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:06:01 PM

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

I understand that, this update makes difficulty respond even slower, which is the problem in the first place.   All he is doing is allowing a longer time of profitability for multipool to mine at unfair profitability advantage and dump coin, he is also increasing the amount of time for small miners who support the coin to mine at an unfair high difficulty. It amazes me that most of you can not understand this.  Whatever, you all will implement what i have suggested out of necessity in another couple months after dgc adds another decimal place to its price.
personally i think its you that doesnt understand this. faster diff adjust does not make for a stable mining network. being out of the quick buck profit zone is much more desirable than a wildly swinging diff, see ANC from 0.5 to 24 in less than an hour, would you like to mine DGC at a diff of 24?

the max % rise limit means dedicated miners have a lower diff to mine at

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
okie_freemen

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:18:39 PM

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

I understand that, this update makes difficulty respond even slower, which is the problem in the first place.   All he is doing is allowing a longer time of profitability for multipool to mine at unfair profitability advantage and dump coin, he is also increasing the amount of time for small miners who support the coin to mine at an unfair high difficulty. It amazes me that most of you can not understand this.  Whatever, you all will implement what i have suggested out of necessity in another couple months after dgc adds another decimal place to its price.
personally i think its you that doesnt understand this. faster diff adjust does not make for a stable mining network. being out of the quick buck profit zone is much more desirable than a wildly swinging diff, see ANC from 0.5 to 24 in less than an hour, would you like to mine DGC at a diff of 24?

Completely wrong, worst case for ANC is they have to mine a single block! big deal, it is 1000 times better than what DGC is doing. ANC has a very stable difficulty rate because of it, in fact ANC did such a great job, multipool doesn't even try because they can not gain advantage over constant miners. Further i don't see how pointing out ANC furthers you case since it has only increased 3x in vlaue while BTC went up, during the same time DGC dropped by 50%.

And I'm not suggesting copying ANC exactly, there are many implementations if you want to have it respond fast but still want smoothing. And it does not require insanely long time between blocks that were copied from a different coin, our arbitrary percentage movement limits. All you guys are doing is showing you don't understand the problem meanwhile, DGC just made another record low, despite all the hype of the upcoming exchange. 

"the max % rise limit means dedicated miners have a lower diff to mine at"
No it does not all it means is multipool can mine for even longer at an unfair advantage before difficulty ever rises enough, and then when it finally does, the constant miners have to mine for even longer at an unfair disadvantage.  In the effort to smooth out the difficulty adjustment swings, you are making the problem worse.

Eli0t

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:13:22 PM

Completely wrong, worst case for ANC is they have to mine a single block! big deal, it is 1000 times better than what DGC is doing. ANC has a very stable difficulty rate because of it, in fact ANC did such a great job, multipool doesn't even try because they can not gain advantage over constant miners. Further i don't see how pointing out ANC furthers you case since it has only increased 3x in vlaue while BTC went up, during the same time DGC dropped by 50%.

And I'm not suggesting copying ANC exactly, there are many implementations if you want to have it respond fast but still want smoothing. And it does not require insanely long time between blocks that were copied from a different coin, our arbitrary percentage movement limits. All you guys are doing is showing you don't understand the problem meanwhile, DGC just made another record low, despite all the hype of the upcoming exchange. 

"the max % rise limit means dedicated miners have a lower diff to mine at"
No it does not all it means is multipool can mine for even longer at an unfair advantage before difficulty ever rises enough, and then when it finally does, the constant miners have to mine for even longer at an unfair disadvantage.  In the effort to smooth out the difficulty adjustment swings, you are making the problem worse.

i disagree

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7109

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:40:24 PM

Is new diff retargeting started yet? If this doesnt solve the problem, he should do a new diff system retarget update until he finds the right combination... I personaly like the XPM diff retargeting...

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:56:37 AM

Being mined by multipool users also has advantages, not just disadvantages. Not all multipool miners sell their coins right away, and those who do, might not do so in the future. It's a free promotion on top of it. Would you rather have dgc not be on the profitability radar of such pools at all? I wonder. It gives overall exposure and additional hashrate for dgc (even if it still messes with the diff at this very moment until solved). I have no doubt that the diff issue will be solved. Not to forget there may be other reasons for the recent price drop. Dgc is far from being the only coin affected by falling prices lately.
Eli0t

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:11:12 AM

Being mined by multipool users also has advantages, not just disadvantages. Not all multipool miners sell their coins right away, and those who do, might not do so in the future. It's a free promotion on top of it. Would you rather have dgc not be on the profitability radar of such pools at all? I wonder. It gives overall exposure and additional hashrate for dgc (even if it still messes with the diff at this very moment until solved). I have no doubt that the diff issue will be solved. Not to forget there may be other reasons for the recent price drop. Dgc is far from being the only coin affected by falling prices lately.
this is a lowering into profit instead of a divebomb with the after effects of instant hash reduced

Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7109

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:54:04 AM

DGC taking some serious beating on Cryptsy...  Cry

Is diff fix helped with multipool problem?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:09:01 AM

DGC taking some serious beating on Cryptsy...  Cry

DGC is being gamed.  They're walking the dog and picking up tons of coins for the new exchange.  The drop is too consistent and too organized given there's zero bad news about the coin and zero bashing.

When they're done picking up a few million coins they'll pop it.  I'm planning to pick up a ton of it next week if it's still this low.  It's a steal.

Baritus might be a coward and a senseless, arrogant fool with no business sense; but DGC doesn't need him anymore than Yahoo needed Jerry Yang or Groupon needed Andrew Mason.  

Buy all the DGC you can and enjoy the trip!

Or maybe people noticed that Baritus, after stalling for months on a fix, couldn't even be bothered to copy a better diff algo from another coin, opting instead to tweak a couple variables in the code that will have approximately zero effect on the multipools.

Just a thought.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:15:54 AM

DGC is being gamed.  They're walking the dog and picking up tons of coins for the new exchange.  The drop is too consistent and too organized given there's zero bad news about the coin and zero bashing.

When they're done picking up a few million coins they'll pop it.  I'm planning to pick up a ton of it next week if it's still this low.  It's a steal.

Baritus might be a coward and a senseless, arrogant fool with no business sense; but DGC doesn't need him anymore than Yahoo needed Jerry Yang or Groupon needed Andrew Mason.  

Wow for someone who is buying DGC you seem to have quite a crazy vendetta going against it, esp against Baritus. How would you know what sort of business sense he has?? Ridiculous comments bordering on slander. Your the coward constantly taking cheap shots at him at every opportunity. I can't wait for CryptoAve to start up to shutup some of you haters out there.

Instead of trolling dgc why don't you have something constructive to say instead??

The venom and hate towards Baritus lately is disgraceful. He is one of the hardest working devs around if you honestly think he is in it to scam or ripoff people then your seriously deluded. If he wanted to do it I'm sure he could have done it already many times over.

All markets pretty much are hurting at the moment from pool hopping and high btc prices. DGC is no different. The haters need to get a grip and have some patience and stop ridiculously blaming the dev for the current situation which goes as I said for pretty much most alt coins at the moment.

Roll on CryptoAve.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
kenel

Activity: 578

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:25:48 AM

I'd like to know the economics (macro, micro, behavioral) behind people's assumptions that none of the changes will work. Didn't realize we were all trained economics professionals....
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:28:17 AM

You know what fuck you all. DGC and other coins like it is open source code for anyone to use. Why dont u guys try to make an exchange and other services for it? i'd bet you every penny i have that you couldn't in the current timeframe since cryptoave's announcement. Flound your good to talk your multipool has a shit frontend which is always down for some random reason. even middlecoin or hashco.ws has a more usable and user orientated site.

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:32:49 AM

Or maybe people noticed that Baritus, after stalling for months on a fix, couldn't even be bothered to copy a better diff algo from another coin, opting instead to tweak a couple variables in the code that will have approximately zero effect on the multipools.

Just a thought.

Could have sworn I see dgc much less being raped by multipool since this latest update. Seems to be doing pretty well so far.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: