Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21549 times)
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:03:33 AM

Yes, it's safe. But there are some people who always want to penetrate the defense in the exchanger, or create a phishing site. Well, there have been many victims, so even though it is very safe, we still have to be careful in using it.
Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:15:48 AM

During my experience I use bitcoin, until now it's good to trade and invest it is very safe, i never feel losing my coin, bitcoin is digital currency used all over the world, so i'm sure the bitcoin security is very high
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 04:32:23 AM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

I'm sorry to disagree since everything can be hacked nowadays. A good example of it is SONY, For sure SONY has everything to protect their servers. But they too didn't expect that their walls are already breached. In terms of carelessness, I guess it's part of our human nature. We are not perfect though. The Government can easily manipulate the market of Bitcoin, they apply laws to prevent transactions. The idea of Bitcoin is the future is very much enlightening but as far as I know, Bitcoin is still in the process of acceptance. Bitcoin is not yet accepted worldwide, even to those countries that accepted it, only selected businesses thus accept Bitcoin as payment.
The reason why SONY hackes their system is because their databases are on internet. In the case of bitcoin , you can store it offline, how would hackers access wallets thats not online? Second, government cannot manipulate the market of bitcoin because its a technology that would help every businesses and the economy to grow, and its anonymous transactions.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:46:42 AM

i think yes bitcoin really secure as a currency using online wallet but all we need to be careful of the sucurity of the wallet key to prevent losses and using bitcoin as a currency is very secured and easy use for  the transactions only the owner of bitcoin wallet can see the amount of the wallet using the secured password.
Bitcoins provide high level of security and anonymity. However, the exchanges may get hack. But if you have secured your bitcoins and have a private key, then there is no way that you can lose your bitcoins. Do not fall for deceptions and do not enter your private key on anyone's digital device.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:06:58 AM

i think yes bitcoin really secure as a currency using online wallet but all we need to be careful of the sucurity of the wallet key to prevent losses and using bitcoin as a currency is very secured and easy use for  the transactions only the owner of bitcoin wallet can see the amount of the wallet using the secured password.
Bitcoins provide high level of security and anonymity. However, the exchanges may get hack. But if you have secured your bitcoins and have a private key, then there is no way that you can lose your bitcoins. Do not fall for deceptions and do not enter your private key on anyone's digital device.
That is why you should put a lot of bitcoins in an exchange because it will not help you to secure your money but to risk it because an exchange is definitely an attractive place for the hackers. If you are going to secure your bitcoin then you should at least have a wallet that has its own private key so you can keep it on a safe place like on an flash drive and never connect it on an online computer to avoid conflicts.
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:12:51 AM

Actually bitcoin is safe when compared to others, but no one can guarantee safe from hecker, but we can avoid the threat of hecker by:
* Keep separate wallets
* Do not keep your savings in a web wallet.
* Protect your privacy
Never share your private keys with anyone else.
* Cold Storage
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:19:48 AM

bitcoin is safe, you can do any kind of transaction with anyone without revealing your identification. you can do illegal transactions but im not telling that you should use bitcoin is illegal works. it is also safe because your money is stored in a safe place as long as you have your private keys or verification codes indicated in you wallet.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:33:27 AM

i think yes bitcoin really secure as a currency using online wallet but all we need to be careful of the sucurity of the wallet key to prevent losses and using bitcoin as a currency is very secured and easy use for  the transactions only the owner of bitcoin wallet can see the amount of the wallet using the secured password.
That is why you should put a lot of bitcoins in an exchange because it will not help you to secure your money but to risk it because an exchange is definitely an attractive place for the hackers. If you are going to secure your bitcoin then you should at least have a wallet that has its own private key so you can keep it on a safe place like on an flash drive and never connect it on an online computer to avoid conflicts.
Hard wallet like Trazor and Ledger will helps you solve this issue. Of course, if you keep your coin in hard wallet, you can't trading unless transfer your coins to exchange, this is reason have many people want find the way create a Decentralization Exchange.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:54:09 AM

I've been doing transactions in bitcoin for almost 2 months now and I am confident to say that it is secure and my earnings has never been stole by anyone. It's a matter of proper implementation of security for your account
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:51:36 AM

Bitcoin is an electronic currency which is stored in wallets.It works on a secure block chain system when purchases an sales are made.It keeps a memory of every transaction made.Block chain technology has been proved to be more secure and hence bitcoin working in this technology is also secure.But two incidents of hacking occured in bitcoin history out of which one is Mt.Gox exchange where bitcoins stored are hacked.It even made bitcoin price to fall down to a great extent.So,it is always advisable not to store any of your bitcoins in any exchange.Always store bitcoins in your wallets in your desk top and always keep your private keys secured.Have a strong password for your wallet.If you follow these steps,then your bitcoins are almost safe.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:38:10 PM

For me we cannot sure of that things if its really secure. . Like what happened to me .. i am 100 percent sure that only knows my password  was me .but in the last last days i reçieve some text that ive been sending a btc to another btc add.. then im really shock on that day. .and then another message from gmail was sent from me and its says another device was using my password it was a windows device.Thats why i really curious if our wallets is really secure. so i decide to change my pass asap.. so ithink we need to change our password every month to avoid some hackers.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:42:38 PM

To give an example, money is safe but the banks can be robbed, the security of the banks that is important here, the bitcoin safe, but we read news of stock market stealing every month.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
johannmiller9

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:45:48 PM

There's so much money involved. It got checked and is still examined by countless people for bugs. If it were not secure, someone would already used it for his advantage.
CerealKing

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:54:01 PM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

Yes people can steal your bitcoins if your wallet is hacked, it's been done countless times.

Governments CAN and have banned Bitcoin in some countries. There is nothing that keeps it legal if the government decides it wants to ban it.

Bitcoin is not the future. Read my post if you care to find out why. You have nothing to stand behind that says bitcoin is the future besides your own text and feelings.
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:59:44 PM

we know that the security of bitcoin is very strong and strong, in my view, in cyberspace all can allow, nothing that can not be hacked anything, even bill gates itself say that there is no security in cyberspace that can not be translucent. do not expect that to happen.
Yaramrd

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

Bitcoin is very secure because of blockchain technology it use but the risk that some people talk about is in the hands of the users who invest. If the user is careless he/she may face problems.
    Always use a secure machine
    Never give the keys/codes to anyone
    Never use other people/public machines as it may be risky
doomloop

Activity: 2338
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:02:40 PM

bitcoin is safe, you can do any kind of transaction with anyone without revealing your identification. you can do illegal transactions but im not telling that you should use bitcoin is illegal works. it is also safe because your money is stored in a safe place as long as you have your private keys or verification codes indicated in you wallet.
for sure bitcoin is very safe and I like bitcoin for the safety and highly privacy feature just put your bitcoin in your wallet, hold your own personal password and the private key that only you will know this and no one can use your bitcoin unless you revile your password to someone else if bitcoin gets steal it happen because of our own irresponsibility and carelessness not because of the bitcoin unsafely … currently I suggested a friend to use the software wallet to make bitcoin secure and be tension free about its safety.   

Yaramrd

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:42:10 PM

Yes, it's safe. But there are some people who always want to penetrate the defense in the exchanger, or create a phishing site. Well, there have been many victims, so even though it is very safe, we still have to be careful in using it.

Yes I agree with you that Bitcoin is very secure as it is cryptocurrency which means it use cryptography to be secure and we know that cryptography is very secure. It depends on the user to use it securely and to be vigilant. If we are careless about our other online bank accounts we may face some scams. So I must say that to be secure, its in your hands.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

No doubt, Bitcoins provides us with the highest security possible and safety to our lives. But, every security can be breached because no system is safe. I used the word "system" and by it I mean exchanges. Security issues have less to do with the bitcoin protocol itself, and a lot more to do with the people and services handling and storing these bitcoins. Bitcoin itself is secure.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:57:19 PM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
From my own experience from using Bitcoin for some years now, I believe it is truly safe. It won’t be easy for the government to ban Bitcoin; even if it is declared illegal in your country, you can still use it carefully and secretly without anyone knowing about it.

Bitcoin is decentralized, and it’s true there are people using it negatively. But I don’t think there is a way to ban them, though it’s quite possible to ban their IP address. But even if you do, they might change their IP.
Bitcoins is secure. If you understand the difference between holding BTC in an exchange and  holding BTC on a private key. In the later case, your BTC is safe even if the exchange gets hack until or unless somebody gets his hands on your private key.
Some bad people misuse BTC but FBI is hunting down such fellows. You can take the example of Ross.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: