Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21546 times)
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:07:10 PM

Yes, bitcoin provide a very good security and gives us the privilege of being anonymous to each other while completing transactions. As long as you make it sure that you don't carelessly put your account on phishing sites or giving someone your account credentials, you can rest assured that your bitcoins are safe.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:14:45 PM

As everything happening with bitcoin is truly dependent on the internet connectivity there are chances of being getting hacked. In the past there are several security concerns regarding the security of the bitcoin holding. Now this has been made more secure with several features and different types of wallet availability and functionalities.
In terms of Bitcoin security I believe that it also align to technology so it's development is quite necessary to happen and it a sure thing that it has security measure for the users to have a secure transaction on every investments and trading transaction. So the best thing to do is to continue our support to Bitcoin system for it to develop it price, value and security on transaction to have a better mode of transaction on every investments we could have.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:21:29 PM

These are typical concerns of people who rely on the news media. If they believe that hackers are omnipotent and can get into any computer or server. This is not so. They are people and their activities use information that you yourself give them. Be careful and do not rely on the antivirus program in the computer. You need to have antivirus and then no you are not hacked.

well, its very hard for someone to hack full Bitcoin database by that I mean getting all private keys. you can only get hacked if you were careless and got caught by a spyware trojan.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:33:42 PM

It's not perfect, as others have already said, but if you study the types of failures that can occur in the Bitcoin ecosystem, you'll notice that these are problems with very low probabilities of happening, and most of them requiring astronomically high computational power to happen.
It is quite noticeable that Bitcoin also suffers on ups and downs in terms on its system. But it is normal to happen because Bitcoin as form of crypto-currency is a developing current which in tend to experience a good history of development for it to have a secure transaction. So if you are going to support Bitcoin and used it as a form of daily transaction more development, growth and progress could actually happens more to bitcoin system and security to make it a more secure in terms of transactions.

Price is fluctuation is not a suffer for bitcoin. It is been happening continuously from the year 2013. Therefore, you need to worry about it. If you concern about the security wise bitcoin wallet is best and secured one to hold your hard earned money with huge trust. None of hackers can hack your wallet until you share the wallet.dat file or private of your wallet. This is why bitcoin has been made legal in Japan due to the security concerns.
richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:11:38 AM

After a segwit yesterday, Bitcoin increasingly confident to be at the front as a very secure and reliable currency. No one can argue that security becomes the main capital. Millions of people are very confident with it, therefore Bitcoin is increasingly popular and widely used as payment.

I'm not sure if segwith served us in the area of security. If yes, please explain.

As long as we store our bitcoin is the wallets where we hold the private keys safely, the bitcoin security will be high. Its algorithm doesn't allow computers to break our passwords. Some people use hardware wallets for high security, but I've never tried it before. I trust bitcoin's security.
The answer is always Yes, Bitcoin is pretty secure, but you also have to play your own roles by being careful too. Because exposing private keys can lead to you losing everything you have in Bitcoin. Don’t install any kind of application or software that you’re of sure of into the computer that you have your wallet, because some of them can steal your Bitcoins.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:21:47 AM

There are security risks you can minimize like how carefully you handle your coins.
Using an extra computer for your bitcoin activities, paper wallets, not storing passwords on your computer, that all can help you preventing your wallets being compromised.
And there are other risks you can not influence.
Legal troubles with bitcoin can be one of them, price fluctuations another one.

It's me!!!
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:54:51 AM

I think is yes bitcoins is so secure for now but dont just trust anyone with your own paswords or anything involve with money  now adays a lot of people crying and screaming about there money who steal from them by a hackers for all this hackers there is no imposible in the future so better to be very carefull

chickenado

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:09:11 AM

I think is yes bitcoins is so secure for now but dont just trust anyone with your own paswords or anything involve with money  now adays a lot of people crying and screaming about there money who steal from them by a hackers for all this hackers there is no imposible in the future so better to be very carefull
I also think as well. However, be cautious all the time because we don't know what are the possibilities that will occur soon. No matter how strong is our password that deals or links with money, always make a point that they are changes to happen specially if the person involve in a particular trading system.Make sure that you can detect its security purposes in order for you to be aware of everything that is going on. We don't know someday if someone will falter or betray you. Just be wise and so far bitcoin is secure.
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:31:19 AM

I also think as well. However, be cautious all the time because we don't know what are the possibilities that will occur soon. No matter how strong is our password that deals or links with money, always make a point that they are changes to happen specially if the person involve in a particular trading system.Make sure that you can detect its security purposes in order for you to be aware of everything that is going on. We don't know someday if someone will falter or betray you. Just be wise and so far bitcoin is secure.

i think this issue is not yet prioritize of other hackers. because blockchain has a solid and very secure system. the only thing that was able to believe is that if you reveal all of the information of your bitcoin wallet to someone/somewhere, you breaking your own security protocol  when you do that. and it cause of loosing all that you have.
robeast007

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:46:14 AM

Bitcoin is highly secured that no one in the world can hack bitcoin blockchain where all the trans are present from very first to till now ...it uses highly secured software to be hacked bitcoin is totaly a imaginations
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:40:59 AM

Just like other investments, Bitcoin is not fully secured. No one can tell how things will work in the future. The government for instance, we all know what it can do. It can always make laws especially if that would favor them of getting money from the people. Also, Bitcoin is bei.g transacted through online accoints. Hackers today are very active in Bitcoins and if you will not be careful on securing your Bitcoin wallet, you will just be sorry if your account will be hacked finding out all of your Bitcoins are all gone.
ReLieD

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:16:51 AM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
Of course it is not secure. Any hacker can easily access your wallet and make transactions it is not a big task for them. The only thing you can do to prevent that is to use as Many different wallets as possible to show others that you don't earn much . Overall you might be having alot but if you keep them differently then every wallet will have a part of it , making it look a less amount.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:31:17 AM

Just like other investments, Bitcoin is not fully secured. No one can tell how things will work in the future. The government for instance, we all know what it can do. It can always make laws especially if that would favor them of getting money from the people. Also, Bitcoin is bei.g transacted through online accoints. Hackers today are very active in Bitcoins and if you will not be careful on securing your Bitcoin wallet, you will just be sorry if your account will be hacked finding out all of your Bitcoins are all gone.
Yes bitcoins is not 100% secure. Why because the 1st thing is it is digital currency. So anyone can hack your bitcoins if you not secure your accounts. And some people will send a virus to install while downloading any file that virus will replace the BTC addresses and our coins will go to another account. And there is no way to recover our loss. Keeping bitcoins in hardware wallet is secure but still not 100%. We can make money just to invest a small amount in bitcoins.
Danielpeters

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:35:12 AM

it's more safe than it is on your bank account
ReLieD

Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:36:21 AM

I use bitcoins for years and nobody stole my bitcoins, nobody hacked them either, so i think it is safe. I don't use exchange wallets to keep my bitcoins i own private keys of my wallets together with other codes, so as long as i won't do something stupid i will have my bitcoins secured.
You are not any special kind of person who might be having alot of Bitcoins. Remember having 1 BTC or something close is it is not a big amount. Why would hacker attack people will less money , rather than those having alot. They have to do the same work so they would obviously prefer a huge amount. I am concluding by saying Bitcoins are not secure

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:39:04 AM

depending on who you listen to, blockchain technology is going to be the source of a new, more secure Internet and may replace https: Since bitcoin is based on this technology you can say transactions on the blockchain are safe.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:47:49 AM

Yes bitcoin is really secure. no one can steal bitcoin, except for our own carelessness. Smiley
The government can not be that easy to ban bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin is the future.

Hey guys Bitcoin is secure because  is encrypted and can be stolen by other hacker and bitcoin will be help for our future in our government. And the transaction will be fast and easy to access.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:51:29 AM

You ask "Why Bitcoin is not blocked, while there are illegal transactions in the deepweb?". I think it's because more deals are legal than black transactions in deepweb. As long as legal transactions are more than black transactions, Bitcoin will remain safe from government monitoring. And again Bitcoin security with Blockchain has been well tested.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:56:35 AM

It is impossible for a blockchain to be hacked, this made bitcoin special. It was perfectly establish with great security that no one can interfere with it even the government. On the other hand, if its about the wealth at the wallet, you have to be extra careful. Your bitcoin depends on how careless you are once someone got access on your wallet you arr no more in control with it. As much as possible do not have an exchange wallet. Bitcoin is secure, it was tested for many years. Many have tried to crash it but they fail.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:58:52 AM

Its secure as long as you don't play any foolish stuff with it.

Online web wallets can be hacked, like CoinBase/BlockChain.info/etc, that's why I always prefer paper wallets though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: