Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:30:08 PM

While it's nice to see all the enthusiasm, I think many on here are missing what XSPEC has always been, and plans to continue to be, which is first and foremost a privacy-focussed coin that values the product over hype. Representatives of the dev team have already stated that the odds of getting on more significant exchanges is low for now, for reasons of both cost and privacy (traditional exchanges = centralization = antithetical to XSPEC's ideals). Longer term, if and when decentralized exchanges receive more volume, that may change.

Likewise, I think the team is interested in marketing to users who care about privacy, but I don't think they care so much about marketing to noobs looking for the latest vapourware moonshot. So again, I wouldn't hold my breath for a flashy website (especially since the current site is less than a week old and already 100x fancier than the previous one), or shill articles in Forbes, or a USD pair on Bittrex.

The idealist in me fully agrees with you. The realist, however, reminds me that even the best technologies need money to survive and thrive. Also, money gives even such a project the opportunity to experiment, do more research, innovate etc. All that is a luxury which money-starved projects can't afford. So a little "hype" to support (but not instead of) a great technology and a great team would be very useful.

As for the exchanges, if mass-adoption is desired at some point in time, somebody will have to bite the bullet, give up anonymity and get listed on a major exchange. Decentralized exchanges will have difficulty to reach the same amount of users as the established exchanges.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Notice that I didn't say anything about what XSPEC should or shouldn't do--merely what was a reasonable expectation based on past precedent and stated plans. XSPEC gonna do what XSPEC gonna do; investors need to be aware of that, for good and for bad.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snowboard

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:39:13 PM

While it's nice to see all the enthusiasm, I think many on here are missing what XSPEC has always been, and plans to continue to be, which is first and foremost a privacy-focussed coin that values the product over hype. Representatives of the dev team have already stated that the odds of getting on more significant exchanges is low for now, for reasons of both cost and privacy (traditional exchanges = centralization = antithetical to XSPEC's ideals). Longer term, if and when decentralized exchanges receive more volume, that may change.

Likewise, I think the team is interested in marketing to users who care about privacy, but I don't think they care so much about marketing to noobs looking for the latest vapourware moonshot. So again, I wouldn't hold my breath for a flashy website (especially since the current site is less than a week old and already 100x fancier than the previous one), or shill articles in Forbes, or a USD pair on Bittrex.

exactly. I cringed at people saying the website needs to be "flashier." It's a privacy coin goddamnit lmao. I found the website itself aesthetically in line with the idea behind the coin.

Don't be the one against the odds as it simple won't help you further in life.... just think again what the word "privacy" means and you will notice that is certainly don't mean sitting in your bedroom all day long, reading a book, feeding your goldfish, not picking up your phone, not saying hi to nobody, living in the forest where noone finds you...

In the context of coins, it would mean, keeping the transactions away from the public...(untracable)
You see ? this coin can be published on all exchanges while your transactions are being private. You can market the coin, and still being privat.

EleanorZ

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:52:49 PM

Don't be the one against the odds as it simple won't help you further in life.... just think again what the word "privacy" means and you will notice that is certainly don't mean sitting in your bedroom all day long, reading a book, feeding your goldfish, not picking up your phone, not saying hi to nobody, living in the forest where noone finds you...

In the context of coins, it would mean, keeping the transactions away from the public...(untracable)
You see ? this coin can be published on all exchanges while your transactions are being private. You can market the coin, and still being privat.

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project, based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

What I can confirm is we are always looking for a mutual opportunity for Spectrecoin[xspec] and an exchange. But let me say....its the tech and the community that grows the value of a coin....not this or that exchange. The amount of money that some of them want for a listing borders on obscene with some wanting thousands of dollars to even consider and make ithat non refundable. Take a look at even smaller exchanges like Cryptopia and you'll see they want almost five btc to list a coin. Do the math.

What many don't realize is a privacy coin like Spectrecoin[xspec] and a centralized exchange are at odds when the exchange has to comply with the KYC demands that governments around the world are starting to implement. Taxation is the goal of course and they all smell money.

Our current exchange line up serves quite well. we're not looking for a huge pump and then dump of xspec. A nice steady growth in value as people learn what real privacy is all about.

Decentralized exchanges are small now but, look for adoption to increase in 2018.
snowboard

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:04:54 PM

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project, based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

What I can confirm is we are always looking for a mutual opportunity for Spectrecoin[xspec] and an exchange. But let me say....its the tech and the community that grows the value of a coin....not this or that exchange. The amount of money that some of them want for a listing borders on obscene with some wanting thousands of dollars to even consider and make ithat non refundable. Take a look at even smaller exchanges like Cryptopia and you'll see they want almost five btc to list a coin. Do the math.

What many don't realize is a privacy coin like Spectrecoin[xspec] and a centralized exchange are at odds when the exchange has to comply with the KYC demands that governments around the world are starting to implement. Taxation is the goal of course and they all smell money.

Our current exchange line up serves quite well. we're not looking for a huge pump and then dump of xspec. A nice steady growth in value as people learn what real privacy is all about.

Decentralized exchanges are small now but, look for adoption to increase in 2018.

i'm not sure why you keep mixing 2 subjects with eachother. (on purpuse ?)

subject 1: is it ethical to get more awereness (in the vision of a privacy coin)
subject 2: Trusting the devs to follow their roadmap. (as you say they will do whatever they want...)

Before investing some money in 1 of the 1000s projects, one must check the team (in this case it wasnt posible), check the roadmap, whitepaper etc...
while reading into a project, you will notice the mission of the project and the vision of the devs behind this project. This can't be argued about afterwards as it was and still is known...

So again, don't mix those subjects as we cannot have a discussion this way.
Nevertheless, we all have invested in this project, otherwise this discussion is dead.
EleanorZ

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:22:06 PM

i'm not sure why you keep mixing 2 subjects with eachother. (on purpuse ?)

subject 1: is it ethical to get more awereness (in the vision of a privacy coin)
subject 2: Trusting the devs to follow their roadmap. (as you say they will do whatever they want...)

Before investing some money in 1 of the 1000s projects, one must check the team (in this case it wasnt posible), check the roadmap, whitepaper etc...
while reading into a project, you will notice the mission of the project and the vision of the devs behind this project. This can't be argued about afterwards as it was and still is known...

So again, don't mix those subjects as we cannot have a discussion this way.
Nevertheless, we all have invested in this project, otherwise this discussion is dead.

Huh? The only person mixing, or even talking about, those subjects is you. I have deliberately avoided any mention or implication of should/shouldn't, right/wrong, or trust.

The only point I made was that many people on this thread (maybe new arrivals that aren't familiar with the project's history) are asking for things that are outside of XSPEC's vision, presumably because they have not done the research you mention. You might notice that this is the exact same point that you just made--that people should do their research, and there is no point in asking for things that are outside the vision of the project. You literally just agreed with the one point I am making, while accusing me of arguing two things that I haven't even mentioned.

Anyway, now that we've established that we're all in agreement, we might as well move on and not clog the thread.
mcinen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:23:18 PM

Great perspectives here! Keep them coming Smiley
snowboard

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:52:47 PM

Again, this is not about what can and can't be done. It's about what will and won't be done in this project[/i], based on XSPEC's stated goals and ideals. I agree, the team could do many things, but they won't do things that conflict with their vision for XSPEC. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be done, but ultimately, as investors, the only opinion that matters is that of the dev team. It seems that some people on this thread are unaware of the dev team's position on some of these issues--see Beachguy's (part of the official dev team) comment on this very topic from a week ago:

Huh? The only person mixing, or even talking about, those subjects is you. I have deliberately avoided any mention or implication of should/shouldn't, right/wrong, or trust.

See, i was not talking about these 2 subjects as in negotioting with the devs.... The roadmap is clear, their vision is clear. I certainly don't want to change that. Only adding some feelings about the website etc.. (just because i'm enthausiastic) (btw forgive me for my english)

We move on toghether! (sharing opinions is the same as investing, the only difference, both will always benefit!)

This is my last post in regards to this matter.

Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:11:28 AM

I would say that even as a privacy coin, you need adoption for it to matter. I agree with the above reasoning, and marketing while keeping the quality aspects of the coin up (total privacy can happen even when on exchanges for instance - that is not "centralization" merely "adoption", just like if everyone decided to use a privacy method of transaction, it doesn't make the transaction method "nonprivate").

We DON'T WANT XSPEC TO REMAIN "PRIVATE" TO THE PUBLIC EYE. We want transactions to be private.

And those are two separate things.

Using crypto to pay for college.
btctalker77

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:56:49 AM

Hey guys!

Spectrecoin was mentioned in the press as one of the most undervalued coins with high growth potential in 2018!

Check out here:
http://fairreporters.net/economy/best-undervalued-altcoins-to-buy-on-cryptopia/
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:55:05 AM

Hey guys!

Spectrecoin was mentioned in the press as one of the most undervalued coins with high growth potential in 2018!

Check out here:

But it also lists DeepOnion as the #1, which sadly renders the entire article irrelevant.  Roll Eyes

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Sjonnebonbon01

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:21:27 AM

Hi Guys, any updates on the 1.3.4 wallet? Should be live on the 9th but website still shows 1.3.3 since September.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:47:20 AM

Hey guys!

Check out here:

But it also lists DeepOnion as the #1, which sadly renders the entire article irrelevant.  Roll Eyes

DeepOnion is fishy as hell. I lost $10.000 because they allowed phishers to write guides on their tutorial forum. I don't know the state of their guides now, but fuck them, the damage has already been done and I don't give a shit about DeepOnion anymore.
In fact, all these airdrop creeps who write nonsense in forum just to get their post count up to receive airdrop are just annoying as hell. But it's a clever tactic to promote a coin, I'll give them that.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:48:45 AM

Hi Guys, any updates on the 1.3.4 wallet? Should be live on the 9th but website still shows 1.3.3 since September.

The release is already on Github; Binaries are currently being built.  Cool There was a problem with leveldb compatibility (that's the reason for the delay) but it has been fixed. Binaries should come out today I would guess.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:01:31 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 11:26:31 PM by Bitman86

---> Cryptopia Exchange

Roll Eyes Account registrations are back online.  Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/951278948494667777

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
snowboard

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:45:06 AM

I would say that even as a privacy coin, you need adoption for it to matter. I agree with the above reasoning, and marketing while keeping the quality aspects of the coin up (total privacy can happen even when on exchanges for instance - that is not "centralization" merely "adoption", just like if everyone decided to use a privacy method of transaction, it doesn't make the transaction method "nonprivate").

We DON'T WANT XSPEC TO REMAIN "PRIVATE" TO THE PUBLIC EYE. We want transactions to be private.

And those are two separate things.

100% correct!!
cryptoluke69

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:35:36 PM

Hello,

New member of this great community. I totally agree with the posters above. We need more marketing and new exchanges! The tech is already great but the lack of marketing is keeping the price down. We should get the word out as this coin has a lot of potential to grow. I think it can reach 100$ in the long term and 20$ short term if the devs stick to the roadmap and if it gets more marketing!  Cool
MaxxP

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:20:16 PM

Is there a step by step guide on how to upgrade to the new wallet and transfer balances to 1.3.4 from 1.3.3 (Windows and MAC)?
ram86

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:29:27 PM

Is there a step by step guide on how to upgrade to the new wallet and transfer balances to 1.3.4 from 1.3.3 (Windows and MAC)?
? your wallet is inside %appdata% so you don't have to do anything, only delete the old directory software ( where you click the executable and launch the wallet ) and replace with the new one, this is like for every wallet
MaxxP

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

I added the new version but the balance is still 0.00 after full sync
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:54:32 PM

The release is already on Github; Binaries are currently being built.  Cool There was a problem with leveldb compatibility (that's the reason for the delay) but it has been fixed. Binaries should come out today I would guess.

Hope so. ok, there are one, two, three, four days delayed. ... Sad Sad Sad
Anyway, the new version is still full of my expectations.
Everything good will come, soon or later.  Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: