Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:28:08 PM

Why is there so much hatred for Onion on this thread? It seems everyone here wants Onion to fail...
I have both Onions and Spectres, and I hope both of them will succeed.
If you're into privacy coins, you must have a mixed portfolio, and both XSPEC and ONION are a must have. Don't put all your eggs in a single basket...

I trust neither SpectreCoin and Onion, but I'm moderately invested in SpectreCoin. There's no way I'm going to risk my money by investing in both.
Between SpectreCoin and Onion, I had to pick the lesser of two evils.

I just spent some time (one hour) to investigate the Onion. My intuition told me that Onion is a Ponzi-like scam with at least 90% possibility.

I read their really looooooong rule for "free" airdrop which is a smart trap to those greedy people.

I stay with XSPEC.  Grin Grin
Jaitch89

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:09:55 PM

I have to say that after further research i doubt the concept of Deeponion, too. I guess i´ll better stick to XSPEC as well..
kokopopz

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:56:30 PM

To change the subject:
I read about a logo contest a few pages ago. Did you get alot of them? Will we be able to vote for the new one?
ermaxinc

Activity: 369
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:26:10 PM

Maybe i invest in this coin.
Boes this coin have its own community forum ?
harimauagam

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:43:52 PM

the price of 1 BTC was very high yesterday but now it is very far down I do not know why i want to know ,, and the lower eth price is that what is mentioned with bitcoin investment.
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:13:14 PM

Maybe i invest in this coin.
Boes this coin have its own community forum ?

https://discordapp.com/invite/pteDyhF
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:51:52 PM

I have to say that after further research i doubt the concept of Deeponion, too. I guess i´ll better stick to XSPEC as well..

I think they will both do very well.It great to have some healthy competition and having both coins pushing themselves to raise the bar .Spectre comes out with stealth addresses deeponion reply with a wallet that can be installed on tails .It is just brilliant to watch  .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
JohnnyLightning

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:11:21 PM

Good to see more and more onion guys making the switch from deep opnion to spectrecoin. finally the whole cryptocommunity grows up.
I have some spectres, but I have more onions because there was no ICO and it has a max supply of 25 million (and an airdrop).  Spectre had an ICO and has no max supply, which is two big downers for me.

A big downer for me is you being too ignorant to see your hypocracy... the reason you having more crying onions then xspec is the fact that you have begged for it.. see the rules for onion airdrop.. almost sold your soul for a few onions... everytime i read those DO rules to get airdrops.. i feel sorry for every person with that signature.. we make a deal. If you put my company name + slogan in your signature, at least write 5 positive messages about it each week, with minimum of 80 characters, buy my products, register to our newsletter, work for at least 5 hours a week on a non-paid basis.. you have a chance to be awarded 20 xpec a month.. what you waiting for?!

There is one other big downer I forgot to mention in regards to Spectre:  the community.  Have a nice day.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:25:21 PM

guys propose to stop the discussion, time will judge who is right and who is not and reward all merit. And of course, investing wisely is not investing all the money in one coin, crypto market is too unpredictable. I wish you all profit!

I agree with you - sometimes disputes are useless. We should be wise and be able to analyze all the project's pros and cons independently in order to make the right choice. I bought a few XSPEC because I believe that private coins will soon be in high demand.
Jaitch89

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

I think they will both do very well.It great to have some healthy competition and having both coins pushing themselves to raise the bar .Spectre comes out with stealth addresses deeponion reply with a wallet that can be installed on tails .It is just brilliant to watch  .

What do you think about 89% of all coins being in just a few accounts? Dont you think a big dump is going to happen?

And yeah...Privacy coins in general will boom..
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:37:23 AM

Distribution isn't ideal, but this is true of most coins. Big dumps can and will happen, this is how distribution works and is accomplished. And the thing with whale dumps is they can only happen once and they are out of coins.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:49:33 AM

Well, this is a thread about SpectreCoin [xspec] and not what else you may have high hopes for.
In the past here, we have had to endure some negative things from users that thought they had found "the next great thing" in a free airdrop coin and a few other projects. We would appreciate leaving that at the door.
 Nothing more nothing less......so yes there are some hard feelings around here.

Mainly though....its crypto guys....you pay your money and you take your chances.
Do what is best for each of you. You may feel you have the best mix of coins out of the over 1500 out there....Great!
NOWHERE are you guaranteed anything though....nowhere.

Yes, diversification works, but what works even better is picking crypto with a good risk/reward ratio...
So why does XSPEC have a good risk/reward ratio on Feb 21st?

(1)  hardcore group of investors from the beginning that are still here

(2)  nice pedigree shadowcoin fork with slow, but steady, development + creative roadmap

(3)  3 separate pumps including a massive $1 million/day volume blowoff in Dec-Jan, they will be back

(4)  today 0.000103, down about 70% from ridiculous pump highs in the midst of general alt selloff

(5)  anon coins should have a good year in 2018

Just accumulate and swing trade this bitch... then sell into the next Pump Smiley

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:44:40 AM

I think they will both do very well.It great to have some healthy competition and having both coins pushing themselves to raise the bar .Spectre comes out with stealth addresses deeponion reply with a wallet that can be installed on tails .It is just brilliant to watch  .

Could you explain what makes DeepOnion more able to be installed on Tails than Spectrecoin? Honestly curious.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:22:54 AM

i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong with staking (windows wallet) or if i'm just having bad luck.
i am staking 410 spectrecoins for a month now and didn't get any stake reward yet.
yesterday i got my first reward (about 2.5 spectre) but it hasn't been accepted (so still nothing yet).
is this normal or just bad luck?
is there any option to improve my staking?
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

Just over 400 xspec is a little low for stake rewards.
you didn't mention is your wallet running 24/7 and if your connection is steady and reliable.
That's very important in staking PoS coins.

As far as being accepted....that is just bad luck.
It's the equivalent of mining a stale block on a PoW blockchain.
Another wallet earned the reward before you did.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Ttnguyen27

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

My Spectre wallet is stuck at block 560375 for a day although it has 44 active connections to the network. Do you guys have the same problem?
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:43:36 PM

My Spectre wallet is stuck at block 560375 for a day although it has 44 active connections to the network. Do you guys have the same problem?

everything works fine
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

Try this: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#my-wallet-has-stopped-syncing

Probably your Spectrecoin wallet closed unexpectedly.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:19:14 PM
Merited by Gandalf86 (1)

Well, this is a thread about SpectreCoin [xspec] and not what else you may have high hopes for.
In the past here, we have had to endure some negative things from users that thought they had found "the next great thing" in a free airdrop coin and a few other projects. We would appreciate leaving that at the door.
 Nothing more nothing less......so yes there are some hard feelings around here.

Mainly though....its crypto guys....you pay your money and you take your chances.
Do what is best for each of you. You may feel you have the best mix of coins out of the over 1500 out there....Great!
NOWHERE are you guaranteed anything though....nowhere.

Yes, diversification works, but what works even better is picking crypto with a good risk/reward ratio...
So why does XSPEC have a good risk/reward ratio on Feb 21st?

(1)  hardcore group of investors from the beginning that are still here

(2)  nice pedigree shadowcoin fork with slow, but steady, development + creative roadmap

(3)  3 separate pumps including a massive $1 million/day volume blowoff in Dec-Jan, they will be back

(4)  today 0.000103, down about 70% from ridiculous pump highs in the midst of general alt selloff

(5)  anon coins should have a good year in 2018

Just accumulate and swing trade this bitch... then sell into the next Pump Smiley

yes and no. You forgot to list the risks (in order of importance in my mind):

1. the biggest risk of the coin: the risk that stealth staking may not be possible. It is a big selling point of xspec and partially included in the market price. If for some reason in Q2 we find out it is not feasible there will be a drop. How big I don't know, but that's the risk. I for one know I'm going to dump if that happens, and there will likely be other with the same reasoning

2. lack of developer stake in the project to offer significant motivation to succeed. Without much to gain they can always pack their toys and leave.

3. Lack of budget for development and marketing. Technology can only take you so far. Life is not fair. Being the best doesn't guarantee recognition. From experience (I work in IT), the actual product is a very small part of the effort required to obtain success (less then 10%). The rest is a good business plan, networking (knowing the right people), strong marketing. In general it takes money to make money.

4. Since the developers are not known we have no idea of their background, skills, experience or connections. If there is one thing I learned in my 12 years of experience in a big corporation is that when it comes to acquisitions and procurements, decisions are more frequently taken on a golf course than in a meeting room with architects. The former will always override the latter. How convincing are our devs when it comes to generation adoption for the coin? Have they ever "sold" anyone an idea?

5. There are a huge number of privacy coins out there (google it. There is a list with 20+ coins), there is a risk of not differentiating sufficiently (or people not understanding them) from the rest and falling to obscurity. The top 3 coins (dash, zcash and monero) already have market adoption and real life usage so we are already starting as the underdog

6. a generic risk for all privacy coins: there is a chance of crackdown on everything related to anonymity, either for tax reasons or fear (or crime, terrorism funding etc). If that happens privacy coins may remain a small niche in the dark web and even that depending on how heavy the punishment is. If your government says you are laundering money by buying monero or xspec you will not risk jail for it, period.

7. (please don't take offense reading the following!) The community is less mature then on many other projects and tends to become aggressive very quickly (I've had my head bitten off here for innocent remarks way too many times already). I don't know the history on how this came to be but it raises the question on how far can the community take the coin (the devs will not be able to do everything - after a point the community must pickup the challenge - see monero) with the current maturity level.

That being said I think xspec is a high risk - high reward project. If I was to compare it with other projects, I'd say it's risker then most but also has more potential then most. I've sized it in my portfolio according to this risk reward analysis.
Ttnguyen27

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:52:51 PM

Try this: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#my-wallet-has-stopped-syncing

Probably your Spectrecoin wallet closed unexpectedly.

Thank you for your help! It works now!
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: