Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
losk22
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:27:54 AM

One of the best anonymous coins on the market! Just buy a little and wait for the recognition of the project!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:06:18 AM

It's just plain wrong to call XSPEC a scam. This is a serious project but we have had to pull through a lot of criticism and FUD to get to where we are. We have a very strong community and everyone knows that this is a major part of driving the project forward. The team is working on the next release and it will be out. I believe the best way to answer all the FUD is not to be drawn into discussion but to keep releasing the software and make it count.

Hey mandica, welcome back on the scene!  Cool

I'm not going to oppose any of the FUD because I like it. I hope the price will go down to 30 cents again so I can buy another 100k.  Grin  Remember guys, blockchains don't die with the developers. All of this FUD is about Jbg, but that is missing the point completely. He's just our core developer at the moment (and personally I don't think that he's been doing a bad job so far), but that doesn't mean that there won't be any additional devs in the future. Think long-term, we will together make this project succeed eventually.  Smiley

If you invest in a blockchain, you should invest into the project core and the people holding a stake in it, who are interested in making it succeed.

You are right, blockchain is blockchain, dev is dev.
However, without the effort of the dev, the coin is just dead.
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:33:01 AM

Nothing has really happened. My understanding is the Devs in general are late with updates, mainly because they have other real life concerns and are seemingly working on this project for free at the moment. So v 1.4 being late isn't a concern to me at all, especially since the main dev has explained his week long absence on the Discord channel.

The price drop seems to be in large part because of the above linked forum post calling XSpec a scam, and then using only a few lines of code to prove their point. What bothers me most is that while the code may be simpler than we expected, the devs aren't making off with millions of dollars of investors funds. THIS IS NOT A SCAM! It may not be the privacy changing coin we all expected, but to call it a "scam" is idiotic. A poor project would be much better English than calling it a scam, although I think the project is fine.

Personally I don't mind the FUD because I've been able to quadruple my XSpec holdings this weekend alone. The project is fine--stop letting price changes over short periods change your opinions. (Or keep panic selling to me, that's fine too!)

they are not working for free...they get about 6000 euros a month in donations. And they are supposedly working full time, but the github commits from last year doesn't reflect that. Yes there sooo many commits but if you look a bit into them other the the tor integration there is absolutely nothing! And even the tor integration has the firefox binaries just copied over. It's not a native one like advertised. So what have they been doing with all this time? Jesus, do you realize what two full time devs can accomplish in 1 year?
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:53:45 AM

Nothing has really happened. My understanding is the Devs in general are late with updates, mainly because they have other real life concerns and are seemingly working on this project for free at the moment. So v 1.4 being late isn't a concern to me at all, especially since the main dev has explained his week long absence on the Discord channel.

The price drop seems to be in large part because of the above linked forum post calling XSpec a scam, and then using only a few lines of code to prove their point. What bothers me most is that while the code may be simpler than we expected, the devs aren't making off with millions of dollars of investors funds. THIS IS NOT A SCAM! It may not be the privacy changing coin we all expected, but to call it a "scam" is idiotic. A poor project would be much better English than calling it a scam, although I think the project is fine.

Personally I don't mind the FUD because I've been able to quadruple my XSpec holdings this weekend alone. The project is fine--stop letting price changes over short periods change your opinions. (Or keep panic selling to me, that's fine too!)

they are not working for free...they get about 6000 euros a month in donations. And they are supposedly working full time, but the github commits from last year doesn't reflect that. Yes there sooo many commits but if you look a bit into them other the the tor integration there is absolutely nothing! And even the tor integration has the firefox binaries just copied over. It's not a native one like advertised. So what have they been doing with all this time? Jesus, do you realize what two full time devs can accomplish in 1 year?

Doesn't change the fact that. Xspec is still here!
It's not going away.
And it's one of the best low priced privacy coins on the market.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:27:13 AM

It's not going away.

correction: shadowcoin is still here. Xspec is shadowcoin with 1 dodgy guy that tries to convince us that there are two full time developers working on the project, while taking donations from everybody.

I'll eat my words when these two developers finally deliver some code that is more then a UI update or library upgrade.
STOPBEINGREEDY

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

It's not going away.

correction: shadowcoin is still here. Xspec is shadowcoin with 1 dodgy guy that tries to convince us that there are two full time developers working on the project, while taking donations from everybody.

I'll eat my words when these two developers finally deliver some code that is more then a UI update or library upgrade.

Aaand in the meantime crypto marches on.
As does Xspec.

If you don't like it get out already.
In the meantime am accumulating cheap coins.
All this news is healthy for Xspec.

Let those. Who can't handle it leave.
The rest of us know where this ship is going and we are staying put.
No hard feelings.

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 01:04:47 PM

Everyday dawns new....and this one is looking nice indeed.  Grin
Lots of good things coming

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

It's not going away.

You just can HOPE that two developers work hard and provide the community with the new code and great upgrade.
But what happened if not?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:16:45 PM

It's not going away.

Aaand in the meantime crypto marches on.
As does Xspec.

If you don't like it get out already.
In the meantime am accumulating cheap coins.
All this news is healthy for Xspec.

Let those. Who can't handle it leave.
The rest of us know where this ship is going and we are staying put.
No hard feelings.

Yes, that's the key = "crypto marches on"...
It's shitcoins and messy and shady and volatile and opaque...
But people that grasped the fundamental value early or even as late as 2015-16 are doing great.

A lot of the whining is equivalent to rambling on about tulips...
Inability to fully grasp that one is dealing with cryptographic networks, not stocks or corporations...
That every coin is a network that derives real value from Metcalfe's Law...
And soon enough all 1000 alts will be easily interlinked with standard protocols...
So coins are not "going to zero".... on the contrary, value multipliers are in the pipeline Smiley
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:08:57 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 11:15:07 PM by KryptoKai

Sad to say but it looks like the fudders are winning right now with former investors dumping like crazy. All alts are down but this is even downer. Can we estimate when something solid will be released to quieten these fudsters? Days / weeks / months?

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:42:59 PM
Merited by mig6r (5)

Sad to day but it looks like the fudders are winning right now with former investors dumping like crazy. All alts are down but this is even downer. Can we estimate when something solid will be released to quieten these fudsters? Days / weeks / months?

Definitely not months. Jbg commented on this today, he is recovering from this loss of a family member, and will continue working on 1.4 now. The original release was maybe a week late on the original plan (end of February), plus we have one week delay because of his loss, so think about 2 weeks maybe? There is no hurry, everyone who is still in the game now doesn't even care if it will be delayed.

Former investors sell, new investors get in ... that's the market guys. If you want to make an investment decision, watch the fundamentals and then draw your own conclusions.

In the meanwhile we are also talking to developers who could be interested in joining as an additional core developer, and make plans to get the wider developer community involved as well. It's all getting better!  Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
STOPBEINGREEDY

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:33:27 PM

Sad to day but it looks like the fudders are winning right now with former investors dumping like crazy. All alts are down but this is even downer. Can we estimate when something solid will be released to quieten these fudsters? Days / weeks / months?

Definitely not months. Jbg commented on this today, he is recovering from this loss of a family member, and will continue working on 1.4 now. The original release was maybe a week late on the original plan (end of February), plus we have one week delay because of his loss, so think about 2 weeks maybe? There is no hurry, everyone who is still in the game now doesn't even care if it will be delayed.

Former investors sell, new investors get in ... that's the market guys. If you want to make an investment decision, watch the fundamentals and then draw your own conclusions.

In the meanwhile we are also talking to developers who could be interested in joining as an additional core developer, and make plans to get the wider developer community involved as well. It's all getting better!  Smiley

Absolutely:
two crucial rules anyone involved in this crypto game must follow to avoid heartache and pain.

1: Always do as much research as you can before you get involved in a project.

2:invest only what you are happy and comfortable to let go of.

That's why I say it's fantastically healthy for Xspec to have come under such scrutiny at this stage.

The project is here to stay. This should allow those who need to cash out to do so.

But many are innit for the long term. Many of us have already made our decision. Internal wrinkles will be ironed out, the project will move forward. Xspec does have a loyal and committed following which believes in its future.

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:56:05 PM

Sad to say but it looks like the fudders are winning right now with former investors dumping like crazy. All alts are down but this is even downer. Can we estimate when something solid will be released to quieten these fudsters? Days / weeks / months?

That's the bloody truth. My estimation is NEVER or sometime later. If still having hope, there should be at least months. The price will go downward to the deepest bottom, even lower than 1000 satoshi.
thepr0digy21

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 01:18:15 AM

Up 31% in the last 24h according to coinmarketcap. The underlying technology will always prevail over any coordinated attempts at FUD.
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

This does not mean anything; it has gained 30% in 24 hours but has lost almost 80% in the last month, so it could be a simple rebound, before going down again.

We all hope that jbg is telling the truth and all the accusations raised this last month are just a skillful attempt by Fud to get the coin down.

If jbg is right and shows all that then Xspec can become a hen from golden eggs for those who buy now, otherwise it risks slowly dying like so many other shit.
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:53:18 AM

so if the staking reward is totally random and the chances are the same everyday it basically means that in theory if you have always bad luck you could probably never ever get any (accepted) reward whilst someone else with the same staking amount and alot of luck could get many rewards every couple of days?
that's not really a fair system isn't it?

why does this coin have such a bad and shitty pos system?
i know other pos coins which have a more fair system in which your chances get higher to get a new reward if your last reward wasn't accepted.

i'm getting really upset because of this and it feels like i get ripped off in some way because i let my computer running day and night and have the costs for electricity.
i'm staking more than 500 spectre for several weeks now and didn't get anything yet.
twice it showed a staking reward of about 2 spectre each but both weren't accepted.

it's just not fair if it only depends on luck or bad luck (apart from staking amount).
some other factors should be included such as waiting time (i.e. by dynamic staking weight).

This is not unfair, and it is not "our" proof of stake system. It is called PoS v3, used by hundreds of coins. The coin age factor was removed compared to the previous version, PoS v2. For more info, see https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

If you let your computer stake for one year, then you will receive about 5% of your balance in total, within a certain confidence interval. As you only have 500 coins, that would be 25 XSPEC. Each stake has a size of about 2 XSPEC, so you will get roughly 13 (accepted) stake rewards per year.
thanks for your answer and that interesting link about the pos v2 and pos v3.
but i really wonder why they have removed that "coin age factor" in pos v3.
what's the benefit from removing it and what else are the advantages of pos v3 compared to pos v2.
in the link you provided it is not explained in detail.

at least there should be some kind of factor which recognizes not accepted rewards and increases the chances to get a new reward some time earlier.

the "bad luck thing" with not accepted stake rewards is really not fair in my opinion.
what if someone has always bad luck with it?

(sorry i don't wanna annoy you with this issue.)
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 11:06:22 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 11:45:22 AM by Beachguy

If any of you had worked with JBG as closely as Gandalf86 and I had and knew him like we do......you wouldn't even be saying some of the horrible things I've heard here.

I do understand that it's crypto though....and the vast majority here are either fairly new or may have been burned by some project in the past. So they are quick to judge.

Please, how about just keeping your "observations" and "comments" to yourselves and watch a solid project
get stronger with the best privacy tech in the business.

You newer people will learn to be not so quick to judge and others will learn that they were wrong.....
just flat out wrong.

The professional "fudders", which seem to proliferate here on BtCT....
 will move on to something more entertaining for them.

There were around 500 projects when SpectreCoin was launched....over 1500 now.....and I'm sure
you can find another target for you venom.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
D1gD33per

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:23:38 PM

I'm a new XSPEC Collector but i dont listen to fud. You can tell that this is a good hard working coin.
The developer should be proud.
Thanks
Im holding onto this one. +1
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

The same fudders are attacking deeponion so they clearly have a hatred for privacy coins, perhaps they work for the state police Cheesy

Speaking of privacy coins, if you look at the websites of the 3 tor based coins, don't you think the XSPEC website needs a better revamp i.e. more visuals?

https://spectreproject.io/
https://deeponion.org/
https://vergecurrency.com/

Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 01:02:30 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 01:31:09 AM by Islapdonkey

Am going to post something similar to what i posted on the accusation page but as much as i hate it, this guy laid out a claim filled with lots of verifiable proof and i have yet to see anyone defending the platform with info that could be verified. It's just ppl claiming/screaming fud cos they not happy that he took a shot at Xspec (i guess stating your opinions with verifiable proofs is now considered fud)

I do understand that all codes might not be available on github but it doesn't negate the fact that the op accusation post is to the tee. No matter how much someone wants the sky to be yellow, it's not fud to state that the sky is blue. Simple as that. What he laid out is currently true.

I should add that i own a sizeable amount of XSPEC and am not proud that i bought with zero research into the platform. I just took a gamble when deep onion (probably a shit coin too) was spiking and bought some cos i anticipated the growth will emulate each other. anyway, this is my first time really researching this coin and the guy is right.

So we all should just admit that he is right and the dev can either respond with an improved tech or keep whinning/averting like a common shill

The Truth is Not fud just because You don't like it

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: