Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94821 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

In Spectrecoin two addresses: one ordinary, the other anonymous. All transactions between anonymous addresses are anonymous. Nobody will know from which address and on what payment was made. You can not see the IP address of the wallets either. Therefore, it is certainly not surprising that in a darknet someone is using Spectrecoin.
What did you imply? Is that mean we have rights to choose which type of transactions we would like to do (ordinary or anonymous)? Personally, I think most users will use anonymous functions if transaction fees for both types are the same.

That might not be true in every single situation. If you are merchant for example things could look differently if they are forced to have transparent accounting data with information about their customers. That's why Monero won't go mainstream in the official e-commerce world.

It's a good point, for to prefer SpectreCoin, because it looks more like real money.
Real money obviously has both uses, like saying "both directions".

It's definitely an important point. If there is such an option where you can switch between anonymous and public transactions it will help XSPEC to not be automatically ruled out from being a payment method for e-commerce.

This is not much publicized, but SpectreCoin already has this optional system, with two types of addresses.
Thus, it can be used for privacy, and also for e-commerce, as you would with real money.

Very good to know as that brings the viability to XSPEC that is required to go mainstream especially in the field of e-commerce!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 03:32:44 PM

In a decentralized and open source project, like is this, I think nobody has the last word.
Therefore, what follows is partly my opinion, this project is focused on privacy and is also PoSv3, so it can replace Bitcoin, due to its superior characteristics.
This can be, in a chain or two chains with different approaches, we will soon know.
This project every day excites me more. If you really like the crypto world, you do not know what you are losing, if you are not with us.  Cheesy
Now there is a great opportunity to enter, the price at its historic low point and the whole market is now beginning to recover. BTC

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:02:27 PM

Hi All,

I sent some Spectrecoins from Cryptopia to my wallet 3 days ago but I can't see it in my wallet. In transaction hash, it shows that money has been sent and blockchain shows my coins but not in my wallet. Hash also says that my coins are not yet redeemed. Can somebody help me make sense of what's happening here? I am worried that all my coins might get lost.

Hopefully this was sorted out in the Discord channel.  It's possible that your wallet might have been out-of-sync with the block height of Cryptopia's (the current information on the latter is available here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=DOT ).  For example, if your wallet got on the wrong chain somehow -- at a higher block height than Cryptopia's -- then the wallet may have missed the coins being sent. Have you tried to resync?  Those coins are either at Cryptopia's wallet or your own (so you might have to contact Cryptopia's support and reference your txid if you can't get your wallet to find the coins through resyncing).

There are some coins which seem to have frequent chain-splitting -- although XSPEC doesn't seem to be among them.

By the way it's great to see Mandica back in the saddle -- I've missed her anti-BS attitude and her advocacy for her principals Smiley .  I've followed XSPEC's threads since at least June and have always found the dialogue, community, and concepts engaging/interesting.  The stealth-staking has been characterized as a make-or-break topic by some of the FUDders, though so I hope this is accomplished successfully.

I think if this chain does keep improving, some of the FUD will be from vested interests that are not favorably-disposed to privacy coins (the banking/government symbiosis principally with their agents [including "spooks"] and social-media attempting to steer the less critically-minded like cattle).  I think people might want to consider -- as a potential reference point -- the tv series _Mr. Robot_ to get a sense of one creative vision of how disruption in the finance industry could look in broad outline.

Also, I expect there will be interesting times ahead politically worldwide with the global debt and central-banking trends and the way the classical liberal/laissez-faire principals interact with the ignorant, the statist, the despotic, the collectivist, or simply the forces of stolid inertia. (Murray Rothbard and Mises are my favorite writers on these ideas although Henry Hazlitt and Bastiat are more accessible and I really appreciate Lysander Spooner's _No Treason_ essays and of course John Locke's _Two Treatises_).   In my view, the most free people will be the ones who have made this jump:  https://www.seasteading.org/ (so that there will be the possibility of more political/economic options or "Galt's Gulches" through competitive governance models or even de jure social contracts).  If people do not fight for a better future/outcomes there's no way humanity will get to be more than a one-planet species, terraforming Mars and the things we should get to for long-term survival, homage to those before us, or a meaningful legacy.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:09:23 PM

SpectreCoin will be going through changes as a result of the earlier announcement by Project Manager Mandica
This statement was released today .

IMPORTANT UPDATE
After having some extended discussions with @jbg, @beachguy and @RKh it has become clear
that @jbg does not support the upcoming XSPEC update and the changes it brings to the
network. @jbg has therefore stated that he will only support the “old” version of XSPEC and
collaborate with others and continue development on the “old XSPEC” which will be done under
the name of WISP. That means therefore that @jbg effectively leaves Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and he
is no longer the lead dev, manager or a spokesperson for Spectrecoin (XSPEC).
@jbg has stated that he will continue the work he has promised to the community (v 1.4) but this
will now be published under the name of WISP based on the “old XSPEC blockchain”. Please see
statement from @jbg when this is published. As the updates promised to the community by @jbg
will be pushed to a new GitHub open source repo, the official Spectrecoin (XSPEC) will be free to
work downstream from the new @jbg repo and implement the improvements coded by @jbg for
WISP as we will share the same code base, if this is deemed beneficial at the time of when the
code is released by @jbg. That means that supporters of the official XSPEC will get all the
improvements promised by @jbg although he no longer works for the project.
XSPEC will continue to develop with a vision of becoming a superior privacy coin and this split
will not detract from that mission. It is therefore possible that XSPEC and the @jbg version will
share code for a while but are likely to diverge as the code will be developed independently in the
future.

Therefore, there will be the official Spectrecoin (XSPEC) continuing as announced in a previous
statement with @mandica, @beachguy and @RKh as the core team and a new blockchain named
WISP where @jbg will the coder. @jbg will make an announcement around how this will be
implemented from his side.

Whilst we are in the process of hiring a full time professional developer for XSPEC, @mammix2
will step in as a developer and consultant and code the next version of the wallet as stated in a
previous announcement. This new version of XSPEC (likely to be known as v. 1.3.7 to bring it in
line with the latest Mac release) will bring the following two major changes to the network:

(1) 5% of the generated output in every block will be directed to a development fund.
(2) The PoS reward will increase to 5.25% per annum to compensate stakers who will not notice
a drop in the number of coins they receive.
(3) The donation slider will still be in effect and stakers will be able to contribute additional funds
to the project if they choose.

This will achieve a minimum of funding for development and contribute to a more professional
structure and work practices for the XSPEC core team. The accounts will be open and
transparent and the development work will be managed and checked and updates will be
provided. Once we are past the interim wallet update we will be able to finalise an updated
roadmap for XSPEC. There should not be any disruptions to the network. Simply download and
run the updated wallet when it is released.

The update will be in two stages:
(1) Upon new wallet release older wallets will be excluded from the network but enough time will
be given for everyone to update.
(2)At a predetermined block height the changes will activate with regards to the dev fund.

Make no mistake, Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is still XSPEC. The upcoming update is the official version
of Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and it is @jbg who has chosen to leave the project to start coding for the
new project known as WISP.

XSPEC will keep the official resources and forums for updates and information and the artwork
and other assets.

The following are the official links for Spectrecoin (XSPEC):

Web: https://spectreproject.io
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
GitHub repo: https://github.com/spectrecoin/XSPEC (*)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpectreCash
Explorer: https://https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/
Reddit: reddit.com/r/XSPEC
Discord (Only official XSPEC): https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m
Coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/

All the links will be updated to reflect the change and both Spectrecoin (XSPEC) and the logos
belong to The Spectreproject and the core team to manage and use.
I created the project and I own the web domains, the original Twitter account, the original GitHub
account and I created the original artwork for XSPEC and created the name for the project. Our
service providers acknowledge me as the project manager for XSPEC.
There also seem to be wide support in the community for a clear direction and steady funding of
the project and a more professional approach to development.

Therefore, XSPEC will assemble a core team or developers and other functions that will work full
time and be open and accountable.

Both the main exchanges, i.e. Livecoin and Cryptopia recognise this update as an official
update of the XSPEC network and they will both run the new version of the XSPEC wallet. I
have been in contact with both exchanges to confirm that they will update to the new
version.

That means that if you do not update to the new version of XSPEC you will NOT be able to
deposit or withdraw XSPEC from the exchanges after the changes have been implemented.

@jbg will continue to develop under the ticker WISP and as the network splits everyone will get an
equal share of XSPEC and the new WISP. So, if you hold 1 XSPEC before the network split youwill have 1 WISP as well after. So, if you own XSPEC you will also own WISP.

XSPEC will endeavour to work with WISP and explore the possibilities of listing WISP alongside
XSPEC if we can get the exchanges to work with us in the upcoming network split. This would
mean that your WISP balance would reflect your XSPEC balance. This remains to be confirmed.

The specific date for the fork / network split will be announced once it has been set. XSPEC will
work with WISP to ensure that there is no network disruption and that you will get your WISP
balance based on your XSPEC balance at the time of the split. This is in some ways similar to the
split that happened with Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash.

We will also shortly seek to hire further team members for different functions. This will be
announced in the new official XSPEC Discord channel.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
L0ckhead

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 01:15:07 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 02:07:22 PM by L0ckhead

SpectreCoin will be going through changes as a result of the earlier announcement by Project Manager Mandica
This statement was released today .
and the answer is jbg:

"I welcome Mandica's return, as she has proven in the past to be a capable and
motivated leader. However, the circumstances of her return are unfortunate.

Some facts:

* The last XSPEC wallet release was on Jan 31. Just under two months ago. This
   is not an unusually long development cycle for any project.

* v1.4 is less than a month late, and given the circumstances I've had to deal
   with in the meantime, I think the delay is understandable.

Unfortunately, the impatience of the community has been used to try to push
through a major change to the funding model of XSPEC, and I don't agree with
this change.

Mandica proposes that a mandatory percentage of staking rewards should be sent
to her (/ her team). She wanted this team to include me, but while this change
would be beneficial to me in terms of guaranteeing me funding, it represents a
type of centralisation that I cannot agree with.

The power of cryptocurrency comes from anyone being able to pick up the code
and work on it, and if the community at large likes their work, they can
encourage it through donations or other support. Forcing donations to go to the
one "approved" team creates centralisation and ultimately undermines the very
purpose of cryptocurrency.

Because of this impasse, it has been decided that XSPEC will fork. Out of
respect for Mandica's position as founder and her hard work on the project
until her health issues got in the way, I have agreed that her "side" of the
fork should be called XSPEC.

The other "side" of the fork (i.e. the continuation of the existing coin) will
be led by @vvc, @trainasauruswrecks, @hippiepyro, @Gandalf86, @kirilale and
other long-term community members. I will support this project with development
effort, and find other developers to join in the immediate future. My
involvement will purely be development. Leadership, project management,
funding and other tasks will be handled by the leaders named above. Donations
will go to a nominated treasurer who will publish their real identity and who
will engage the community to decide where funds should be directed.

Our side of the fork, representing XSPEC as it is today, without forced
donations, will be called Wisp (ticker: WISP).

For every 1 XSPEC held at the moment of the fork, the holder will have 1 WISP
(the new name for that XSPEC) and also 1 XSPEC (of Mandica's new fork). You can
continue to use your existing XSPEC wallet to access your WISP, but we will
release an update that will include the new name and branding. To access your
XSPEC of Mandica's new fork you will need to download their forked wallet.

The date and time of the fork will be announced in the next week; we are taking
advice from blockchain developers with experience in chain forks to ensure that
all technical issues are considered.

The work I have done up to this point will be delivered to both "sides" of the
fork, so my efforts will benefit every community member regardless of where
they stand on this issue.

After the fork, of course, Mandica's XSPEC will be able to continue to use code
that I commit to Wisp because of the principles of open source. This applies
to stealth staking as well; brycel is remaining with Wisp rather than joining
Mandica's fork.

This is the last statement I will be making as a "leader" of XSPEC. I will be
purely a developer in Wisp and will be leaving leadership to other community
members. Thanks to everyone for their support in the time I've worked on XSPEC
and I look forward to your participation in one or both communities in the
future."
bankomat_t666

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:44:15 PM

Was it really impossible to agree, come to a compromise? no one could meet and concede? The project is already very sick, and now this news too. Bad, very bad.  Angry

Ok, then please, at least explain to the community specifically, transparently, clearly and in steps, what you need to do in order not to lose old coins (XSPEC) and to get the new coins (WISP) correctly.
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:46:18 PM

Nobody asked the community opinion. The name Wisp was chosen independently in the quiet, our opinion is not even asked by the name of Wisp.
A decent decentralized project, several people do at their discretion that although they hide behind the community. Members of the community were not allowed to discuss. The discussion was behind the scenes without us!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Was it really impossible to agree, come to a compromise? no one could meet and concede? The project is already very sick, and now this news too. Bad, very bad.  Angry

Ok, then please, at least explain to the community specifically, transparently, clearly and in steps, what you need to do in order not to lose old coins (XSPEC) and to get the new coins (WISP) correctly.

What part of the two explanations, you do not understand?
Or simply, you want to do FUD?  Smiley
I do not see any reasonable question.
Leave the fear aside, you will have after the fork, the double of coins you have now.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:59:56 PM

this is called a centralized project and on the opinion of the community of developers spit. Our opinion is of no interest to anyone.
Who decided to choose a Wisp name? From whom did you ask? Nobody asked me.
the community made donations and the community had to make a decision about fork, not just a few people
how can I trust the project further?

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

this is called a centralized project and on the opinion of the community of developers spit. Our opinion is of no interest to anyone.
Who decided to choose a Wisp name? From whom did you ask? Nobody asked me.
the community made donations and the community had to make a decision about fork, not just a few people
how can I trust the project further?

Hey, it's not for so much complaint. In Discord we were a little knowing, what happened between Mandica and Jbg.
Now you create a new currency (string) and you have to give it a name to start, it's an open community,
you can suggest to Jbg to change the name or the new WISP logo. (And you stop the FUD.)  Smiley

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

this is not FUD. FUD is a hard fork!

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:16:33 PM

If you shut my mouth, you will get even more negative from me. Therefore, I propose to communicate constructively. If you do not like my opinion and questions. You must accept them. I'm a member of the community the same as you Bitman86

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:21:38 PM

this is not FUD. FUD is a hard fork!

Mandica never wanted this, it is JBG's decision.
You can say this directly to JBG in Discord.
SpectreCoin, remains the same as before, this is Mandica's thread.
Jbg has to make a new thread for his new chain.

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:24:47 PM

If you shut my mouth, you will get even more negative from me. Therefore, I propose to communicate constructively. If you do not like my opinion and questions. You must accept them. I'm a member of the community the same as you Bitman86

and what is your question?
If you know me, you know I do not want to answer FUD.

bankomat_t666

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:26:20 PM

Or simply, you want to do FUD?  Smiley
Leave the fear aside, you will have after the fork, the double of coins you have now.

I never went through the hardfork and do not understand how this happens, so I'm worried. How do I get the same number of different coins on two different wallets? What do I need to do for that?
bankomat_t666

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:45:16 PM

Mandica!

There is a great idea. Since you want to make a compulsory donate, then maybe it would be more correct to make it progressive? Like taxes. To the percentage depended on the volume of the wallet.

for example

up to 1000 coins - 0%
up to 10,000 - 5%
up to 100,000 - 10%

and so on.

Create an understandable transparent formula so that the amount of donate takes into account the power of the entire network, the rate of steaks and the number of coins in wallet.

And that is, a pair of millionaires, who do not really donate, so they need to take more.

In my opinion - a great idea, please discuss and consider it. Super feature!

-----------

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:50:14 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 08:25:50 PM by Bitman86

Or simply, you want to do FUD?  Smiley

I never went through the hardfork and do not understand how this happens, so I'm worried. How do I get the same number of different coins on two different wallets? What do I need to do for that?

This will not happen fast, you will have a lot of time to be able to do things very well, you should not worry, just take care to be informed.
I suggest everyone to enter Discord, anyway all the info, will be presented here, too.

LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

Ok Leo. I just expressed my opinion. If you do not want to answer, then I accept it. I just expressed my displeasure.

StuFF981

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

Hello. I see future in your project and want to participate.  Maybe it is too late but do i have an opportunity to obtain free coins now?
LuckySpectrecoin

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:04:33 PM

Hello. I see future in your project and want to participate.  Maybe it is too late but do i have an opportunity to obtain free coins now?
Free coins in this project have never been distributed and will not be distributed. You only need to buy on the exchange Cryptopia
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: