Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaylorCZ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:46:33 AM

I guess you just export your private key from current wallet and import it to the new Wisp wallet. Then you will see your balance already , after the client loads blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:54:12 AM

If i have my XSpec in my Wallet, how can i receive the new coins in the new upcoming Wisp Wallet ?

I think the wallet should the same, just with the different UI. So you can see your coins with your old XSPEC wallet.dat file.
Acura3600
Legendary

Activity: 2959
Merit: 1243

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

Thanks for your answers guys.
Next week there will be an official announcement i think
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:42:31 PM

Thanks for your answers guys.
Next week there will be an official announcement i think

I am surprised by the status of XSPEC. After a lot of true negative reports, now the dev team decide to fork the coin. That makes "official" undefined. Which one is official one?
X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

They're going to kill xspec with the launch of wisp, that's what I think.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:38:59 PM

Ok, finally, the dev team split!
For what?
Obviously, @mandica & @jbg both want to get the control of the coin and the fund.
Good luck to both.

this is unpredictable situations on Spectrecoin
because, if i'm not wrong on january 2018, this coin already hit ATH then down until now,,

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:51:18 PM

None of the coins has to die. The foundation is sound. Wisp will take it in a different direction than XSPEC. That's all. 
Amnvex

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 05:33:28 PM by Amnvex

Amnvex : It's 5% from the 5% of regular stake you are getting when you have staking enabled. So in result it is 0.25%
That's still a lot. What about the 9 million being staked? That 5% ends up being 180k. You think that's a little? The fact that you can't decide how much you want to donate makes this coin go against what it originally stood for. What's the difference between that and premine?
How did you end up with 180k (for what period)?

Not saying I'm eager fan of mandatory donations, but I understand they need fund just now and I hope (maybe foolishly) that after hard times pass it will be changed back.
I personally set staking donation to 50% because I'm not interested so much in 5% but in XSPEC success. If you like to have 5%, then invest in dividend stocks.
I agree that Mandica should have added promise of reverting it in the future and I was also expecting some really promising news not only this one as most important thing of entire update message. Nevertheless we all want Spectrecoint to succeed, aren't we?
I was not afraid about XSPEC before, despite all those troubles, but now I'm beginning to worry about it. Let's try to find compromises instead of fighting. It includes everybody, even Mandica and jbg.

Hmm, I think I used a lower number than 9 million (it was more like 3.6m, because I misread my numbers based on what I had in my own wallet and then multiplied that number by a few thousand, lol--silly mistake).

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't like forced contribution, period. If this coin were worth more, I'd consider contributing more. But since it is not worth much, I'm contributing less. It's the ethics of it. I respect the developer, but if it's open source, then anyone should be able to work on it and make the project move forward regardless if the lead dev is around or not. This coin has more or less been dead, though. I believe in the underlying tech, however, that's why I stake and that's why I chose to invest.

At the end of the day, my only argument is forced contribution. Regardless of where XSPEC goes, that and how the top is being run are my only two complaints. BTW, if the dev really wanted to get the coin listed, we all could have agreed to put our contributions to 50% or so to the project for a few weeks so that it can happen. But there isn't much community engagement, and the fact that no one is warding off "scam coin" posts just says how little attention is being given to the project. And remember: the more a project is worked on--generally--and the more people want to be part of something like this, the higher the price. The fact that the coin languished from $5-6 to a paltry 50c says that people aren't putting their trust into it anymore. That's obviously very, very bad for the project.

For a legitimate project, there should be no FUD. Trust is built on productivity, not on forced contributions. Think about it alternatively: I ask you to pay me for me to deliver something. You don't know me, you don't know about what I can and cannot do. I don't think many would take such a leap of faith. I'm also risk-averse, in general. That's, again, not to say that this is not a legitimate project. It's the execution, though, that is to be questioned here. Execution...
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:30:32 PM

None of the coins has to die. The foundation is sound. Wisp will take it in a different direction than XSPEC. That's all. 

It should be noted that the only person with any technical ability associated with this team has left to create wisp. So till a new dev i acquired, this coin currently has no developer.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amnvex

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:34:36 PM

It should be noted that the only person with any technical ability associated with this team has left to create wisp. So till a new dev i acquired, this coin currently has no developer.

And yet we want an increase in contributions. Sounds like the ship is sinking :\

Tell me that I'm wrong? No FUD meant. Honest question. This whole fork could have been avoided. There's definitely a leadership problem.

On a side note: remember which one is the fork--the new XSPEC, not the current continuation of XSPEC that gets renamed to WISP.
TaylorCZ

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:07:00 PM

Amnvex: you are forgetting that virtually EVERY coin plummeted to fraction of ATH after christmas-new year bubble burst.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

If i have my XSpec in my Wallet, how can i receive the new coins in the new upcoming Wisp Wallet ?

I think the wallet should the same, just with the different UI. So you can see your coins with your old XSPEC wallet.dat file.

With a basic fork all previous coins and tx appear in the new wallet automatically up to the blockchain fork height.

Also, this is why it's virtually impossible to hire an elite coin Dev...
Because 99% of elite coins Devs are working on their own project... or plan to ASAP.

WISP is actually a great name for an anon coin...
With "wisp of smoke" the most common English usage and kind of a short form for "whisper"...
So the dude has been planning to fork for a while... are the WISP t-shirts and coffee mugs ready?
stonesourcery

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:02:47 PM

SpectreCoin will be going through changes as a result of the earlier announcement by Project Manager Mandica
This statement was released today .

IMPORTANT UPDATE

That means that if you do not update to the new version of XSPEC you will NOT be able to
deposit or withdraw XSPEC from the exchanges after the changes have been implemented.

@jbg will continue to develop under the ticker WISP and as the network splits everyone will get an
equal share of XSPEC and the new WISP. So, if you hold 1 XSPEC before the network split youwill have 1 WISP as well after. So, if you own XSPEC you will also own WISP.

I have a question about the HardFork as the network splits and  everyone will get an
equal share of XSPEC and the new WISP
Question: If I hold XSPEC coins on an exchange- will the WISP be created/ credited to my account on the exchange?
p.a.n.

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

SpectreCoin will be going through changes as a result of the earlier announcement by Project Manager Mandica
This statement was released today .

IMPORTANT UPDATE

That means that if you do not update to the new version of XSPEC you will NOT be able to
deposit or withdraw XSPEC from the exchanges after the changes have been implemented.

@jbg will continue to develop under the ticker WISP and as the network splits everyone will get an
equal share of XSPEC and the new WISP. So, if you hold 1 XSPEC before the network split youwill have 1 WISP as well after. So, if you own XSPEC you will also own WISP.

I have a question about the HardFork as the network splits and  everyone will get an
equal share of XSPEC and the new WISP
Question: If I hold XSPEC coins on an exchange- will the WISP be created/ credited to my account on the exchange?

that is being discussed with cryptopia atm, but you will be safe, if you store them in your walltet.

but you needn't be worried, as there will be announcements on discord (probably also on reddit, twitter and, of course, here) in time.
Amnvex

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:48:37 AM

Amnvex: you are forgetting that virtually EVERY coin plummeted to fraction of ATH after christmas-new year bubble burst.

I'm aware of that. I was *only* making a point of where, partially, value for a coin may come from.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 03:03:24 AM

......So the dude has been planning to fork for a while... are the WISP t-shirts and coffee mugs ready?

if you're thinking the "dude" was jbg....then you would be wrong.
Actually, several of the guys in the xspec community had been planning this when they were worried @jbg was gone and bryce didn't exist.
They were even already planning to hire another dev.
But since they now think a fork is going to happen they're all licking their chops.
Life in the crypto world I guess.... Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

......So the dude has been planning to fork for a while... are the WISP t-shirts and coffee mugs ready?

Actually, several of the guys in the xspec community had been planning this when they were worried @jbg was gone and bryce didn't exist.
But since they now think a fork is going to happen they're all licking their chops.

So amazing the story!
Let's gamble which one will survive. XSPEC or WISP?
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:58:57 PM

So amazing the story!
Let's gamble which one will survive. XSPEC or WISP?

My bet is on "both" ... the foundation is solid and a good platform from which to implement various cryptographic, technical feature, and business enhancements.
X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:03:58 PM

I'm experiencing huge losses in XSPEC thanks to all this.
stonesourcery

Activity: 271
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:45:51 AM

I'm experiencing huge losses in XSPEC thanks to all this.

Dollar Cost Averaging might be a way that you can cover your losses - by diluting your initial investment

here's an A.I. prognosis of Spectrecoin's future valuation for interest sake

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/spectrecoin-prediction
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: