Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94821 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:46:57 PM

I bought lots for 2 dollars.

buy more at half a dollar - bring your total investment to a dollar ...then when this code hard forks.....you will have two coins for every one that you bought @$2(&all that you purchase now @ 0.50c)........ dollar cost average @ a time that you can double up

It is never wise to buy so many coins at once, except if you firmly believe in the project and keep it for years .... so the decline of these 2-3 months should not influence you

It is never wise to buy more coins at a lower price to mediate the previous purchase! The currency can get to $ 3 within 3 months but it can also be that it reaches $ 0.10. Who tells you which direction will take the coin and the whole market?

If you really believe in the project keep your coins and do not sell ... only if you have other money that you do not need and you can lose then you can invest in other Xspec.

Investing in any crypto must be considered lost until you make a new transfer to your bank!

Your post should be rewarded by X4s with merit. It's a good and correct (at least I agree totally) introduction how to invest in the crypoworlds. I did the same. I can't say I earn a lot of money from it, but I can say I won't loss a lot.
X4s

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

My Xspec wallet is not updating and so staking is not working.

I understand there was a fork to Wisp but Xspec should still be active.

What's wrong?

Can I get Wisp in ration 1:1?

The SpectreCoin network, it is working normally. And yes, you can have 1 Wisp for every 1 Xspec you have.
Ask for help at Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/UvVWUz9

When will the WISP be released?

On the Wip team, represented by @Vvc, there is a firm decision, to launch as soon as possible, but as it is a new currency, they have a lot of work to do.
They still do not want to risk a specific date, but if you enter Wisp Discord you can have info directly.

What a mess that has become, my god.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 06:48:41 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 03:01:08 AM by Bitman86

My Xspec wallet is not updating and so staking is not working.

I understand there was a fork to Wisp but Xspec should still be active.

What's wrong?

Can I get Wisp in ration 1:1?

The SpectreCoin network, it is working normally. And yes, you can have 1 Wisp for every 1 Xspec you have.
Ask for help at Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/UvVWUz9

When will the WISP be released?

On the Wip team, represented by @Vvc, there is a firm decision, to launch as soon as possible, but as it is a new currency, they have a lot of work to do.
They still do not want to risk a specific date, but if you enter Wisp Discord you can have info directly.

What a mess that has become, my god.

SpectreCoin [XSPEC] is better than before, and also if you have XSPEC, when Wisp be launch you get free Wisp.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Amnvex

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:10:26 PM

I got something to rant about that WISP will fix:

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Very unhappy!! Development, seriously, is at a stand still. Ugh. UGH!!

Here's XSPEC's future:
https://media.giphy.com/media/ijmQ3LZqpdwwo/giphy.gif
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 09:30:55 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 03:03:11 AM by Bitman86

I had a computer restart recently. Shit exploded on me. I rewound the chain and everything, too. Still wouldn't sync. Now have to wait several hours to resync the whole blockchain. Why? Oh, wait, because XSPEC wasn't really being developed.

I really don't want to spread FUD, but how can I support XSPEC if basic things like this aren't implemented? This was also in the talks to fix this issue of having to delete the blockchain after a forced restart on a system months and months ago, but not implemented. How can something become usable when such a basic feature isn't included? Serious question. Mass adoption for this is never gonna happen if these issues aren't ironed out. The team receives donations, but does it deliver? NOPE! Angry Angry Angry Angry

Here's XSPEC's future:

You say: "I really do not want to spread FUD, but" (I like to complete the sentence with the truth):
"I really do not want to spread FUD, but I want to buy cheaper, my ambition is excessive, I do not care to harm the community that works in both teams "

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:22:41 PM

Here's XSPEC's future:

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:15:07 AM

Here's XSPEC's future:

Nice picture, anyway.
The future of XSPEC or WISP only depend on the development of the group.
X4s

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:24:41 AM

Here's XSPEC's future:

Nice picture, anyway.
The future of XSPEC or WISP only depend on the development of the group.

Yes, things happen very slowly in xspec, I hope wisp is different.
Amnvex

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:31:35 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 02:43:03 AM by Amnvex

Here's XSPEC's future:

We are def going to work through issues and update the code so you can raise an issue at GitHub and be specific about what is actually happening and it will be looked at. I have been running the XSPEC wallet for a long time and never have such issues. If you want to be serious about, raise an issue and describe the problem in some detail.

Is it necessary to raise an issue that was raised many times before?
Here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7o7nkd/wallet_not_syncing/
Here's another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7z8c8d/syncing_issues/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7lo3lz/wallet_doesnt_finish_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7nrijk/need_some_help_with_the_wallet/

Note the dates.
Note the problem: "Your blockchain data probably got corrupted."
And note the solution: "I was able to solve the issue for now. Navigating to C: USERNAME/appdata/roaming/spectrecoin and deleting everything inside that folder except for your wallet.bat."

That's what I had to do every time that I have a computer shut-down mid-staking.

Have you ever tried running the XSPEC wallet and force-shutting down your computer, simulating sudden power loss? That's how you get the problem to recur. Doesn't anyone care? Or is it all so dead that no one reads XSPEC reddit?

I don't think I am going to complain about it anymore because WISP takes care of this issue, as someone said in discord.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

If I understand correctly, the XSPEC will split into two coins: the new XSPEC and the WISP.
This is the new XSPEC thread. Where is the WISP thread then?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:27:21 PM

Here's XSPEC's future:

Here's one example: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7o7nkd/wallet_not_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7lo3lz/wallet_doesnt_finish_syncing/
And another: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/7nrijk/need_some_help_with_the_wallet/

Note the dates.
And note the solution: "I was able to solve the issue for now. Navigating to C: USERNAME/appdata/roaming/spectrecoin and deleting everything inside that folder except for your wallet.bat."

That's what I had to do every time that I have a computer shut-down mid-staking.

Have you ever tried running the XSPEC wallet and force-shutting down your computer, simulating sudden power loss? That's how you get the problem to recur. Doesn't anyone care? Or is it all so dead that no one reads XSPEC reddit?

I don't think I am going to complain about it anymore because WISP takes care of this issue, as someone said in discord.

(1)  get a UPS battery backup if you have unreliable power

(2)  backup your microcap blockchains to cloud/disk/folder/USB once in a while

(3)  many coins will corrupt if you kill power during read/writes, it's common

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

(5)  microcap crypto is for experienced hardcore players, not random tourists

Probably 90% of investors that got into XSPEC 1 year ago have made money...
That's a fact the Devs can be proud of, hell yes, even if it's a snail race...
Personally, I've bought XSPEC as low as 0.00000644... and sold as high as 0.00044599 (that's a 70x range)...
Most competent shitcoin traders have dramatically outperformed Bitcoin Hodlers in the last 2 years.
Amnvex

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:36:24 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 06:56:01 PM by Amnvex

Here's XSPEC's future:

Note the dates.

(1)  get a UPS battery backup if you have unreliable power

(2)  backup your microcap blockchains to cloud/disk/folder/USB once in a while

(3)  many coins will corrupt if you kill power during read/writes, it's common

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

(5)  microcap crypto is for experienced hardcore players, not random tourists

Personally, I've bought XSPEC as low as 0.00000644... and sold as high as 0.00044599 (that's a 70x range)...
Most competent shitcoin traders have dramatically outperformed Bitcoin Hodlers in the last 2 years.

But there's a fix for #3.

I don't get #4 because I am staking. I make around $1 USD a day. I think I'd be rich in some African country. Lul.

I think it's in everyone's interest--especially the dev's--to make everything work for adopt-ability. Otherwise, F the devs and I'll ride this ride like a pony with 0% contributions for as many years as possible and just sell it all in favor of WISP, perhaps, or something else. You don't care about me? Then I don't care about you. Remember: the community is what makes these coins possible. Without it, your coin is worth shit.

Case in point: coin keeps dropping and dropping. As of this writing, it's below 40 cents. It'll keep falling. This rift is turning your coin into dust.
mandica

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:28:09 PM

Here's XSPEC's future:

Note the dates.

(1)  get a UPS battery backup if you have unreliable power

(2)  backup your microcap blockchains to cloud/disk/folder/USB once in a while

(3)  many coins will corrupt if you kill power during read/writes, it's common

(4)  you have to balance making $0.01/day staking vs your complaints, do the math

(5)  microcap crypto is for experienced hardcore players, not random tourists

But there's a fix for #3.

I don't get #4 because I am staking. I make around $1 USD a day. I think I'd be rich in some African country. Lul.

I think it's in everyone's interest--especially the dev's--to make everything work for adopt-ability. Otherwise, F the devs and I'll ride this ride like a pony with 0% contributions for as many years as possible and just sell it all in favor of WISP, perhaps, or something else. You don't care about me? Then I don't care about you. Remember: the community is what makes these coins possible. Without it, your coin is worth shit.

Case in point: coin keeps dropping and dropping. As of this writing, it's below 40 cents. It'll keep falling. This rift is turning your coin into dust.

I am running the same wallet as everyone else and I am able to run the wallet continuously without many issues and stake. We are in the process of going over to a Gitian build environment and that should make it easier to create more stable wallets for any platform. This is actually high on the list. It is impossible to troubleshoot every computer as there may be something in the local environment that causes the problem.
Amnvex

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:21:53 AM

I am running the same wallet as everyone else and I am able to run the wallet continuously without many issues and stake. We are in the process of going over to a Gitian build environment and that should make it easier to create more stable wallets for any platform. This is actually high on the list. It is impossible to troubleshoot every computer as there may be something in the local environment that causes the problem.

Okay, very well. Whatever it takes. I am skeptical, but I'll see how it goes with development. Again, not trying to spread FUD. Just being cautious. I hope you understand. I believe in the tech, though--that's for sure.
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

I am an XSPEC holder.

If the coin is forking, how do I claim my WISP?
Amnvex

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

I am an XSPEC holder.

When the fork happens, an announcement will follow. There will be a new wallet.

In this case, it seems that XSPEC is going to stay as it is and WISP is the real fork... *sigh*
Domp1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:24:40 PM

As i understood it, the current Xspec wallet is going to be automatically the new Wisp wallet and will change only the ticker and logos with an update. The "new" xspec team will realease their own wallet, and you import the keys from your current wallet( new wisp wallet) into it to get the "new" xspec coins. Correct me if im wrong.
d3nz

Activity: 1330
Merit: 264

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

I am an XSPEC holder.

What's goin on here?

Is there any reason on why there are creating a FORK of XSPEC? I hope that this is not a strategy to make money.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

mandica

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

I am an XSPEC holder.

What's goin on here?

Is there any reason on why there are creating a FORK of XSPEC? I hope that this is not a strategy to make money.

There is NO fork happening for the foreseeable future. The ANN will be updated shortly. After a disagreement XSPEC will continue to develop as before but with a new roadmap TBA and previous XSPEC team members are creating a new crypto they call WISP. There is no affiliation and WISP is NOT a fork of XSPEC. Please come to the XSPEC Discord server for further information and up to date news. XSPEC prevails.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 2210

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:18:08 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 01:15:43 PM by dragonvslinux

Here's XSPEC's future:

Hey there, I'm serious and I left you a pull request regarding build dependencies in Ubuntu: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/pull/3
I can also confirm this problem still exists in Linux and still hasn't been fixed: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues/4

I run a handful of QT wallets with tor-integration and never had this onion time-out problem. It's been a mont so it'd be great to fix that already please. I was told to shut down and restart the wallet, but it doesn't matter how many times I do that it still won't connect. I run DeepOnion no problem, why Xspec not work?

Also please release an AppImage already if you haven't packaged the .deb yet, this would be a great step forward for Linux users. I don't mean to be rude and still have 100% confidence in this project, regardless of recent wisp non-forking disagreements, but it'd be great to get some of these basic fixes sorted first. I've got a wallet ruining through WINE but it uses too much CPU in order to stake with it. Thanks for listening.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: