Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14640 times)
bealjulian

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:44:14 AM

I personally sell my Bitcoins at the time when I get 50-60 % of profit. Everyone does the same for selling bitcoin. You never know about untold and unwarned financial crisis and to overcome them, you are supposed to sell off bitcoin. Personally I am in favor of setting targets with bitcoin and sell them off when you reach your targeted value and if we look at the current situation of bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:44:29 AM

You must be holding Bitcoin because only this way your strategy can work for you always. Being a trader of digital assets, sometimes it really becomes difficult to take decision like whether to sell out or hold so the best solution for Catering with the situation is to set up a target and when that target is achieved, sell out some of your coins and later on buy them again at low price
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:42:35 PM

When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
According to my experience, on any financial market, we can not create fixed strategy and plan for investment.
Anytime, our plan can be change by something, example the FUD, FOMO by the whale or bad news from the government, etc.
Therefore, I am always ready with any worse situation I can imagine, because when I am already with these situations, I can have solution and enough calm to keep my funds.
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
I will not even decide after watching the profit. I think i will decide by analysing the volume if it keeps on increasing then i will probably hold. if the graph and anyone can see that it be is experienced enough, the graph goes to a high and then go down a little bit and then again go to that high again, this indicates the resistance and if enough funds get invested in it then the graph goes up, but it is rare that the investors will follow the increasing bitcoin price and the bitcoin price falls due to lack of investors investing in it, in the end it all depends on your ability to read the graphs and then decide whats the next to do.
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:57:26 PM

I sell when I have already made some good profits as holding altcoin longer can be risky as you never know when price can crash so its better not to get greedy and be satisfied with the profits that you have made as you can buy it when price goes low in future but I don't have any plan to sell my bitcoins right now
I sold my coins if l monitor that the price is right for me. But if the price is very low. I hold it first l'll wait for the time to increase the price. But if l have choice l will hold first and sold it when it is very expensive so that I can save a big amount of cash for the future of my kids. As a middle class family i used to very calculated and i have to see the proper graph and analyse that what is good for me and my family.
hatun

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:02:37 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
At first I set a pllan of return. That return is not very high. I set open price for selling at my desired profitable rate. Whenever the price reaches at my designated price, I never regret although the price go far upward. I think controlling emotion is more important in trading.
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:01:23 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
At first I set a pllan of return. That return is not very high. I set open price for selling at my desired profitable rate. Whenever the price reaches at my designated price, I never regret although the price go far upward. I think controlling emotion is more important in trading.
But what else can be the strategy for today? But it is very likely that today's market is very favorable for investing at all levels and types of crypto currency. Even Bitcoin was delayed at $ 8,000 and $ 9,000. Even if you invest today, after a while you will earn a huge fortune when Bitcoin goes up.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:29:47 PM

It is good question about the current market situation because some of few coins are moving little bit up but others are still in down and so by understanding this thing the best time to hold more instead of the panic sale for those coins who are in condition of down trend and that why the best option is to keep holding,
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:28:14 PM

I think the major factor that can helps you to decided whether to sell or not is knowing the market value of those coins in the blockchain market. Through this you can emphasis how much return on investment you will received once you sell.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:51:20 PM

I am deciding the holding is the best thing because this time bitcoin price is too much down and with the effect of this to other altcoins are badly falling their prices and if you don’t rely the regular income as a trading profit then you must wait for market stability,
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:00:36 PM

Simple rule buy at low and sell at high. Whenever the price of Bitcoin become low then i try to buy more and more coins at that time but when the price reaches to high value then i try to selly coins and again try to buy Bitcoin at low prices again.

Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:30:21 PM

What's your strategy?

Its depends on your strategy and everyone has their own strategy and has their own principles, for me I just make a order if I have 10% of profit,, although the price of Coins will be even higher I will not think much about it because my target is just 10% of profit
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:56:52 AM

What's your strategy?
Buy when it is low, Dump when it is high.
Everytime i see a venture in my investment thats good enough to sell, Daily trading nowadays are getting hard to generate good income, Lucky are those who can earn 50 to100$ a day. As we figured it out from market sites, Mostly bitcoins and other altcoins are declining,  This things made me to decide to stop daily trading, Maybe when the value recovers on the next following month then ill be back:)
Harpawan

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:02:18 AM

For me, in every trade the most important is to get the profit from the capital that I have invested.
So I do not stick to bitcoin prices, but most importantly I've gained a profit.
vikl56

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:13:13 AM

First of all, pay attention to the Bitcoin market. According to market conditions to judge whether to continue to hold or sell, but also to accept some external news. Because some negative news will also affect the bitcoin market.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:45:10 AM

When the price goes up and with the price increase it can already get profits that match the target profit in a trade or investment of course at that time can sell the right bitcoin.
farooqarahim

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:49:36 AM

The best time to sell is when everyone is buying and the marketing is hungry to acquire more and more assets.
iciraku

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 06:55:07 AM

Install bitcoin apps through your android and one alarm app to detect up to a percentage of movement
teck28

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 06:56:43 AM

When you get sufficient profit
sumanto

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

What's your strategy?

the strategy that I use is only from seeing the percentage that I've got, when I can already get more than 50% profit then I will sell my coin to profit and wait until the price goes back down and buy again and resale do repeatedly .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: