Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14644 times)
Spain2000

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:27:12 AM

For me the criteria of selling is changed while mostly people sell their coins when the market is red and i knew it because of the trading platforms while the supply of these coins are also increased due to the high sale in those days and it is not  a good decision that when the market goes to down people sold their precious and long term coins for a very less rate than the past and the market is going to stable soon.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

I am always practical when it comes in selling my cryptos. As long as my crypto reach my desires price i always sell my cryptos. Because its a sure profit for me.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:36:34 PM

bitcoin prices are always changing and unpredictable, I always pay attention to the market to be able to decide when the right time to buy or sell, I think the right time to sell is when the price goes up or when I already get a profit

patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

It's hard to decide when to sell because you can have doubt in your mind about "what if the price of your altcoins became higher the day after you sell it?". This is always I thought when I'm about to sell my altcoins/bitcoin.

But for sure we can decide it when we badly needed some money so the best way for me is when you gain profits from some altcoins you should sell it now and save it to your bank account but you should only sell the half of it for more profits when it seek again an all time high.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

I decide when to sell if there's a indicator or alot of indicator is saying it will go down so sell so of course what i will do is sell. but sometimes of course you sell but the market pumps so you loose money.
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 415

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:51:42 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
In my case, I have an application called blockfolio where you can see the market table via your phone and we know that phone is very convenient that wherever place you are you can still access it. Here, you could set the price of your coins that you want to sell at your preferred value then it will notify you if it reach the price you've set. The other way is, you could set your cryptocoins at exchange and wait until someone else buys it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:46:30 PM

If I'm still not satisfied to my current profit that I may get, I just hold on. I am waiting for the another price increase of the bitcoin before I sell it.
If I think that will be the last pump of the bitcoin and I'm already satisfied to the profit that I may get, I now sell it.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:56:56 PM

It depend with each coin. Some coins keep rising and have good potential, it is preferable to hold them for long term and not selling even if the price hit good levels. Some other coins have medium value, and in this case you have to study their charts, and whenever the price go up to good rate you can sell to generate the maximum profit possible.
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:03:43 PM

When you get sufficient profit
I depends upon where you invest. It is very important, we have many coins to invest, and some shitcoins will have more potential, and it will make you invest. Don't go for those coins. Always concentrate on top 20 coins. You are looking for 30% to 40% profit means you should invest in high potential coins. I will look for cheap price coins and high potential, and I have the patience to wait until the price reach my target.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.

Right. Now I cannot say that I am comfortable with my profit. I do not need money urgently that is why I am going on to hold my altcoins and Bitcoins. Hope that soon we will see that crypto has green positions.
nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

It is very simple when your all trades or any specific trade is in profit then you can easily and happily decide it’s time to sell and you can get a good profit from this trade,
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

When you get sufficient profit

I guess the right time to sell is that when you already  earn or get more profit from your investment and predict that the price of certain coin is already on it's top.

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

I think trading in crypto by trading analysis is very hard.The behaviour of crypto market is harder to predict than stock market in my opinion.I usually set sell order at margin of 20 % for normal crypto and 30 -40% when certain crypto in hyped in that period.
This must be a question for those who invest for a month or few months. Okay so in this case, you sell when the prices of Bitcoin surpass the one you have paid for. This is the time when you should sell and you would be better off. For those who are the long term chaps, they need not to ask questions like this because they know the consistent rise in the price level is a slow but profitable process. Sometimes the rise is so sharp that is pays of for their patience and the short term investors are again attracted to buying BTC now at high prices.
Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:27:26 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 10:18:54 PM by Marahunter

I have slightly longer time frames of once per day on twitter to get the latest news. and dart around reddit and websites finding whatever I can learn.
But now crypto has settled into almost definite looking patterns, pump before news sell after news. so buy the rumour sell news
kiky03

Activity: 305

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:57:17 PM

Before I sell, I do glance at some of the news to check whether there are forks ahead. If it does affect pricing within the first few hours of it's implementation I would sell my BTC an convert in to fiat currency. Then if the pricing starts climbing again, I'll buy in some BTC and hodl until the pricing reach a stable zone. Thus, generating some profit with that being said, some of the profit might or can be invested in altcoin for future usage and investments. Key points: check for the latest news, check price chart often, and hodl.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 07:44:34 PM

Before I sell, I do glance at some of the news to check whether there are forks ahead. If it does affect pricing within the first few hours of it's implementation I would sell my BTC an convert in to fiat currency. Then if the pricing starts climbing again, I'll buy in some BTC and hodl until the pricing reach a stable zone. Thus, generating some profit with that being said, some of the profit might or can be invested in altcoin for future usage and investments. Key points: check for the latest news, check price chart often, and hodl.
Of course, if you go for someone to choose, then the first thing is always passing the schedule. That is why there is an opportunity to navigate in the price category of different coins. And many things can affect the fact that I change my mind about some who think in favor of others.
thundercrystal

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:55:36 PM

When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
Well i decided to sell when the price of  the coins i hold will pump really high, and i also plan to sell the market is green and i plan to sell my coins when i am sure that i can make now a lot of money like what happen last december 2017, i sell my bitcoin immediately when the value of it is pump to $19k.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:58:14 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

probably your correct hard to set up an open order to sell altcoins the price is in the lower price. some trader's stop working and the coins they have kept holding in their exchange and forget it for the meanwhile waiting for the stable situation of the crypto currency increase their price to avoid cut off loses.

laguseklik

Activity: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

I do not trade but do hodl for a long period of time like a year so the risk of loss becomes smaller

Oops, there is no signature...
guojii

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:38:23 AM

Every day I pay attention to the price. Compared to the past, when the price is lower than your goal, you will be very disappointed. First of all, you have to make your own judgment. When this coin reaches a certain price, you should consider whether it should be sold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: