Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:34:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see trading as fun and games?  (Read 16206 times)
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:17:16 AM

“One thing very good traders have is insight into themselves.” - Chris Tate

FUN AND GAMES
Recently Louise Bedford and I have been doing the Short Term Trading Magic seminars in a few places and it has been sometime since I did any form of presentation on a semi regular basis. As such it has been interesting to observe people as they work through various trading issues.

One of the things I have noted is that people take trading far too seriously and this is reflected in a form of desperation. Desperation is the antithesis of the state of mind you need to be in to trade effectively.

There is no deny that this is a phase everyone enters at some stage in their career but to be successful you need to move beyond this and begin to treat trading as the game that it is. Once I started treating trading as a game then it became so much easier on the soul and my results reflected this. I even have a t-shirt that says that the fewer fucks I give the more I make.

This is not to say that I am reckless but rather that I am in no way wedded to the outcome of any trade. At its core my life will not change if a trade or even a cluster of trades are winners or losers – they are simply not that important. When compared to real life, trading is nowhere near as important as people think it is.

It is often commented that children are better are learning new things than adults who seem set in their ways. I am not so certain that this is a reflection of any great cognitive superiority or plasticity that the young may have but rather a reflection of their willingness to be both wrong and to play. Young children have no ego therefore the mistakes that their play generate have no impact upon their sense of self-worth. As adults we lose this resilience because we believe that it is somehow catastrophic to our self-image if we do make mistakes.

But in trading your mistakes are your own – no one else can see them so you are insulated from the judgment of others. This isolation gives you the freedom to be wrong but the only thing you have to cope with is your own judgment.

Markets are a wonderful universes for exploration and for play. The presence of micro contracts in various instruments and online trading mean that you experiment very cheaply.

The price of admission to the fun park is much lower than it used to be and the number of rides has gone through the roof. It is a shame that more traders don’t view trading as little more than a theme park where you can play to your heart’s content and during the process of playing you learn much more than you would if you were consumed by seriousness and desperation.

Author: Chris Tate

Article reproduced with kind permission of: http://tradinggame.com.au/

More trading quotes are below:

“To my way of thinking trading is an internal endeavour – there is no external enemy who you can deceive or overpower since markets only exist in the most ephemeral way inside your head. Markets may appear to be physical constructs but they are largely an illusion, trading occurs inside your head where your own perceptions and distortions of reality influence your decision making.” – Chris Tate

“The one thing you shouldn't feel pressured about is trading. If you do feel that way, you probably need to take a step back and reassess. Pressured trade(r)s don't make good trade(r)s.” – Joe Ross

www.tallinex.com wants you to be a successful trader 

No. Not at all. Never. I never look trading as a fun and games. In real word other than bitcoin or except bitcoin I see trading just for a wise people. People who did not decide without deeply thinking about the decision they are going to make. While in bitcoin I see trading as not just guessing, it includes observing and analyzing the market.
Take note. I am not a trader it is just my observation. I love to do campaigns than trading because I find campaign quite easy than trading. I only trade when I convert the coins I received from campaigns and airdrops. I sell when the price is high, convert when the price is high and cash out when the price is high.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:45:06 AM

I admire your point of view OP but when there is a lot of money involved in trading, no one in the right mind would think or see trading as just fun and games not unless if the amount of money you traded is just your spare money and wouldn't care that much what will happen to it if its a loss or a gain. But I highly doubt there is anyone here trading seeing it as fun just like in gambling.
N0ssi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

Very nice quote from OP.

I think trading remains fun as long as it stays some kind of "hobby". Personally, i am working for a moderate income - fulltime. I recognized simple "saving money" is simply inefficient, so i started to search for something better.

Right now, trading for me is just knowing my money better invested then before. I increase my skills day by day and keep evolving.

Now it comes to the serious part - my HOPES. Ofcourse i hope to get rich with cryptocurrencies, and this drives me forwards. But i'm not desperetaley in need of money. As long as this state of "mind" remains, i think i will stay successful.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:26:10 AM

With the users who have been highly skilled or earning is not a big concern trading is fun. One thing that I found from the people involved into trading is that, more you take it easy and have a relaxed mind, more will be the profiting. People who are emotionally lacking doesn't experience a good growth through trading.

Protomono

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

Can approach yes. Because trading is one of most effective ways in terms of time to grow our investment in cryptocurrency. Even while sleeping, my money still working actively in trading.

WARRIORS LAND        ◼◼◼   is a multiplayer game
    ►►►►►► 100 PVP ARENAS ◄◄◄◄◄◄   
[ TELEGRAM ]      TWITTER ]      [ MEDIUM ]
GekkeGerrit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:49:41 AM

I don't see it as a game since there is a lot of money involved. I dont really play with my money so yeah.
mr_enoc

Activity: 276

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:50:34 PM

Yes, the feeling are the same when you are playing. I am enjoying a lot and so much happy when i am earning and i am getting angry when i get some losses in trading.

dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:00:36 AM

No, I treat tarding more seriously. We can't play with our hard earned coins, if we like doing so we can simply gambling, just for fun, with small amounts. But when dealing with trading we look for making money and earning usually.
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:24:23 AM

If I want to invest a part of my money I take this very serious as I can lose everything and I read a lot and analyse a lot and at the beginning I am in general sceptical. As soon as I make profits I get more relaxed but if I want tohave  fun I better play games where I can not lose everything.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:39:23 AM

My personal opinion is I don't trading as a game because it's my capital or my money, but it depends on how my mood and most I trading with seriously, I feel fun if I make a profit not because trading is fun game.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
zhinaivan

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:11:25 AM

For me trading is not a game or fun because you should know a lot here before you trade because the money is not small money to invest here.we have a dicision or what really matters to the trade.that just only my personal opinion its better if you're seriuos about it because you earn a lot of money if you sell your coins or tokens to higher price.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:47:23 AM

not like that. serious trade when there is a lot of money. there are already many people who make big profits. not like a game just for fun. This is serious for earnings.
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:54:00 AM

I never consider trading fun because there's money involved and you should be serious with it. Trading is not fun because one bad decision will punish you hard and you should keep your focus all the time. I always take trading seriously because there's where the majority of my income come from.

metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:14:05 AM

But in trading your mistakes are your own – no one else can see them so you are insulated from the judgment of others. This isolation gives you the freedom to be wrong but the only thing you have to cope with is your own judgment.

Love this quote, trading is a decision based game of life and i dont really think that it can be fun when you're losing money or being hysteria when gaining some profits. I though trading should be based on data and it should be boring because it can help keep our emotion intact and stable. Moreover if you're trading with your own money then its fine if you lose some, but if you're trading with your clients money then i think it wont be fun at all if you're losing money or getting a floating position  Grin
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:15:23 PM

Yes, I think if you like something, you will do it well. Therefore, if you like trading as your game, you will succeed
Yes you are right if someone considers as a fun or game then obviously he will be able to meet the demand. Trading actually requires experience of a person who has indulged himself in this activity.

Chances of a person to attain his goal easily increases when he do not get stressed about the situation and keep on working hard in an easy manner. The bitter reality is that most of us do not consider trading as a fun because it is something quite serious.
cinchin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:30:15 PM

No, I treat tarding more seriously. We can't play with our hard earned coins, if we like doing so we can simply gambling, just for fun, with small amounts. But when dealing with trading we look for making money and earning usually.
- In short, trading not as a game, it is a very serious job and it involved a lot of money, and if we think it is a fun game, psychological will too comfortable, that just makes us easy to make mistakes and in trading, we just need a mistake, it can also make us fall into the worst situation
- I think people who look trading as a fun and game, they are just gamblers, they do not have the knowledge and experience about trading, that makes them think trading is a game based on luck and they do not need to be too serious with it. Sorry but if anyone has this thought, i believe they will soon lose all the money in trading, trading is a real job, not a game, it can not be fun if you can not make money and lose money
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

Not yet, because I don't have any ideas and experience about trading, but for now I'am still searching, reading, and exploring about this matter...
Are you seriously haven't been trading? Then how do you get the bitcoin
Seriously ? Is trading the only means you can bitcoin or keep increasing what you have? If that is the idea you have been having then you should stop now. There are so many ways you can earn without having to trade by just using your skills which seems more awesome than trading which comes with a lot of stress anyway.

As long as you are hardworking, you can always work to increase what you have faster than even trading. You are a member and you should even know better than asking such a question.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:30:08 PM

it is better to take it seriously, and not to think that this is a game. you can play and lose all that you have!
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:35:21 PM

it is better to take it seriously, and not to think that this is a game. you can play and lose all that you have!

You also can take it seriously and lose all that you have. You must have something deeper, than meaning "play or trade". Firstly, read trading theory and understand all fundamental principles. Then decide what is yours and move in choosen direction.
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:11:06 AM

Yes it was fun and enjoyable, because in trading  you will claims experience and many informations about coins, and it can test your patience and smarthinking it is like you are playing a games like farmville and dragon city because you will wait in order to get your reward, that are some basic rules in trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: