Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:05:56 AM

Yes, better way lock bounty tokens for one month or so. Investors must receive tokens first of course.

Totally agree, but one month would be not enough, though.

agree. or unlocked bounty token in multiple times .

Not fair for bounty hunter to lock their tokens in my opinion.

I agree with you, sure bounty hunters have weak hands but they spent their time to promote a project, isn't much fair to lock their tokens

This can be controversial decision yes, thats why nobody does that but we all know bounty hunters are usually the cause of initial dump so it would be a great thing to figure ou how to prevent that.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:13:58 AM

By the way, just stumbled about a German article in which a social network called “fancy” got mentioned. It seems it is a French social marketplace platform. Does someone has experience with it? Is it good? I would like to know if there is demand for something like Soma.

I had a look on fancy: https://fancy.com/ It looks pretty interesting. If this is how SOMA will look like, it is really promising. You can read the background of seller and like products
I havent heard it before, but its not bad  Smiley
Hopefully soma will have better design and interface, also cover more social media like instagram (fancy doesnt cover instagram)

I dont think instagram will have a future. The facebook is allot better with its AI and algorithms. Lets see what SOMA will offer.

I dunno man, facebook's users have steadily decreased their content output in the last years. sometimes people just get sick of one service and start using another.

I am personally using less social media because I really do not like ads and on Insta and Facebook I just keep seeing more and more ads. So I hope SOMA can be an ad free platform, that would be a huge plus.

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:29:53 AM

By the way, just stumbled about a German article in which a social network called “fancy” got mentioned. It seems it is a French social marketplace platform. Does someone has experience with it? Is it good? I would like to know if there is demand for something like Soma.

I had a look on fancy: https://fancy.com/ It looks pretty interesting. If this is how SOMA will look like, it is really promising. You can read the background of seller and like products
Hopefully soma will have better design and interface, also cover more social media like instagram (fancy doesnt cover instagram)

I dont think instagram will have a future. The facebook is allot better with its AI and algorithms. Lets see what SOMA will offer.

I dunno man, facebook's users have steadily decreased their content output in the last years. sometimes people just get sick of one service and start using another.

I am personally using less social media because I really do not like ads and on Insta and Facebook I just keep seeing more and more ads. So I hope SOMA can be an ad free platform, that would be a huge plus.
You're right so much ads are starting to make me feel uncomfortable. I guess they give huge profits for the companies so let's see what SOMA does with this.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:45:54 AM

I think what they are trying to do is to create something completely new market 2.0, so i dont think we need to worry about it being similar to what we are used now.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:53:18 AM

I think a majority of people who have been cutting down on their 'social media' have been doing it because they realise it is mostly an unhelpful and generally wasteful use of their time.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:58:00 AM

You're right so much ads are starting to make me feel uncomfortable. I guess they give huge profits for the companies so let's see what SOMA does with this.

I just got an advert of Soma via my tinder Cheesy. I wonder if it would have been a match if i had super liked liked it... oh the fun times we would have with that foxy thing.
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:07:25 PM

The more it covers the more it will be.
And instagram is very popular in my country, it has more active users than facebook (in my country) and often used to promote something.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

I think what they are trying to do is to create something completely new market 2.0, so i dont think we need to worry about it being similar to what we are used now.

If they manage to be unique on the market and stay that way, that would mean a certain success on the long run. But there are so many project and platforms out there that you are bound to get a competitor sooner or later.

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:36:33 PM

If they manage to be unique on the market and stay that way, that would mean a certain success on the long run. But there are so many project and platforms out there that you are bound to get a competitor sooner or later.
Indeed the market is huge but there're also a lot of competition. It must be innovative and easy to use to succeed
Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:48:29 PM

Indeed the market is huge but there're also a lot of competition. It must be innovative and easy to use to succeed

As long as SOMA delivers a working platform as per their roadmap, success will be inevitable. Smiley
A working platform will not be enough. Today there are so many competitors, you have to be very creative for a longterm success.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nonconformist

Activity: 386
Merit: 104

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:50:41 PM

Yes I think so too. I think this is the missing factor of the existing Social Media platforms right now. yes they have advertising and all, but they don't have the integration of a proper marketplace for sellers and buyers. I think this is like Facebook meets Shopify or Etsy. If this becomes successful, I think this could be the potential Facebook killer.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:52:33 PM

Yes I think so too. I think this is the missing factor of the existing Social Media platforms right now. yes they have advertising and all, but they don't have the integration of a proper marketplace for sellers and buyers. I think this is like Facebook meets Shopify or Etsy. If this becomes successful, I think this could be the potential Facebook killer.
Calm down my friend, soma is definitely not the Facebook killer. Soma even don't want to compete with Facebook
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:01:03 PM

If you want to be successful as a new social platform, you really have to make a difference. I think using incentives is a good way to attract new users. I wonder how SOMAs marketing strategy on this will be.

SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:01:17 PM

Calm down my friend, soma is definitely not the Facebook killer. Soma even don't want to compete with Facebook

even if they dont want to, they are on a good way on the chinese region to become a facebook killer?
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:07:44 PM

Hmm, so this looks like a pin interest + market + crypto. I like the platform layout designs shown on the website. Has anyone done a little peek-a-boo of this platform in development? I suppose it is in Alpha testing right now.

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:23:39 PM

If you want to be successful as a new social platform, you really have to make a difference. I think using incentives is a good way to attract new users. I wonder how SOMAs marketing strategy on this will be.

their marketing strategy so far has been lacking, which is one of the reasons the ICO is not going too great. they really need to step up.

Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:24:32 PM

even if they dont want to, they are on a good way on the chinese region to become a facebook killer?

There are other companies, like vk.com, steemit ... it will not be easy to be a facebookkiller. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:28:14 PM

Hmm, so this looks like a pin interest + market + crypto. I like the platform layout designs shown on the website. Has anyone done a little peek-a-boo of this platform in development? I suppose it is in Alpha testing right now.

Yes they released only the Alpha version for iOS, however community manager said that they're working on the closed beta and on Android app and on Webapp

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

Every platform will be replaced at one point, even facebook at some point in future. The question is when and with what kind of platform/why there is need to. Instagram will also be replaced at one point in future, that’s a normal process.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:49:17 PM

Every platform will be replaced at one point, even facebook at some point in future. The question is when and with what kind of platform/why there is need to. Instagram will also be replaced at one point in future, that’s a normal process.

You are right about this.

Even if soma had great success and become mainstream it will be replaced either.

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: