Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:34:52 PM

Token sale expand till 15 November? hm... why did they expand ICO?

since i got an email yesterday evening from soma with the announcement that the ico would be extended i knew that this would be the number one topic in this thread today. well it might be that they just need a little bit more money

Somehow I've got the feeling that they haven't said anything about the real reasons of why they are extending the ICO. I think its better to be transparent to your investers.

mhm thats a fact. a behaviour like that is a little suspicious

There should be an official announcement.
Its now only in a post here on the thread but they should make a official medium blog post or something like that.

They should explain why they decided it, to do it only hours from the end of the ICO.
Some future investors would like to know that.

not only SOMA expand  ICO time , there is a lot project did it recently ,i think no one like it .
You should to sympathetic to devs.
If I'm the devs of this project, I will also decide to expand the ICO time.
But, as far as I know, this project is has created the time for crowdsale from September 27th until November 14th. Am I wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:39:49 PM

Yes extend the ico period is a great choice from the team, soma will raise more money during this 2 more weeks after the fork. I’m impatient to see how much money they will continue to raise !

Hopefully they got some surprise on their sleeve.

I think they just should've waited with the ICO. hard forks always drive down the market for altcoins.
It is what it is. No one could predict what would happen with bitcoin
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:44:24 PM

I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?
Technology comes first, people have to adapt.

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

since i got an email yesterday evening from soma with the announcement that the ico would be extended i knew that this would be the number one topic in this thread today. well it might be that they just need a little bit more money

Somehow I've got the feeling that they haven't said anything about the real reasons of why they are extending the ICO. I think its better to be transparent to your investers.

Its now only in a post here on the thread but they should make a official medium blog post or something like that.

They should explain why they decided it, to do it only hours from the end of the ICO.

not only SOMA expand  ICO time , there is a lot project did it recently ,i think no one like it .
You should to sympathetic to devs.
If I'm the devs of this project, I will also decide to expand the ICO time.
But, as far as I know, this project is has created the time for crowdsale from September 27th until November 14th. Am I wrong?

I'm behind to extend this ICO.
But I can also see the problem people are having with this because it was just a couple of hours before the end.

I'm sure with a working android app they will have more investors for this project!
Really hope to get the funding they need!
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:59:51 PM

Hmm, Soma ICO has been extended to the 15th of November due to big developments on the team - according to announcement on Twitter. Looks like they want to collect the maximum Smiley

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:02:49 PM

not only SOMA expand  ICO time , there is a lot project did it recently ,i think no one like it .

I think it's not that bad idea to expand the ICO. These are very strange times with all these forks and money that goes to Bitcoin.
The alts still haven't fully recovered as they where before the Bitcoin Gold fork.
alphashotgun

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:40:00 PM

Hmm, Soma ICO has been extended to the 15th of November due to big developments on the team - according to announcement on Twitter. Looks like they want to collect the maximum Smiley

collecting to tha mx would be great!!
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:49:12 PM

not only SOMA expand  ICO time , there is a lot project did it recently ,i think no one like it .

I think it's not that bad idea to expand the ICO. These are very strange times with all these forks and money that goes to Bitcoin.
The alts still haven't fully recovered as they where before the Bitcoin Gold fork.
But even more bitcoin forks are planed in the future. Maybe forking will get a common thing for bitcoin if this goes on.

Mystic90

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:53:42 PM

But even more bitcoin forks are planed in the future. Maybe forking will get a common thing for bitcoin if this goes on.

The Segwit 2x fork is the fork that will be the end of the scaling debate. BCH and BCG are just alts trying to take advantage of the situation. Future possible forks will also be like alts, they will not
have huge impact on BTC
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:14:40 PM

The Segwit 2x fork is the fork that will be the end of the scaling debate. BCH and BCG are just alts trying to take advantage of the situation. Future possible forks will also be like alts, they will not
have huge impact on BTC

Any impact on BTC will be an effect on all of the altcoins because whenever a coin hits a serious exchange investors will go for BTC and coin trading and it has a huge impact on it.
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:44:48 PM

I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.

It's nice what you wrote, really. But all these ICOs (including SOMA) that want to bring crypto to the real world, need to suceed but not in tokensale, in deliver a product instead (good tokensale=more chances to deliver the product of course)

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:46:15 PM

have huge impact on BTC

Any impact on BTC will be an effect on all of the altcoins because whenever a coin hits a serious exchange investors will go for BTC and coin trading and it has a huge impact on it.

Actually, the best thing for alts is Btc's price remains stable.

When btc gets pump, alts are bleeding and when btc gets dump alts are bleeding Smiley

tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:55:18 PM

soma team is capable. lets hope raised enough so project develop as planned

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:01:52 PM

Heh, i was there too, but people don't HAVE to adapt, it was just unreal to talk someone on the other side of the world and it didn't cost a dime. That's one of the reasons they adopted it.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:36:18 PM

Yes as many said, soma is a project to bring crypto in the non crypto users hands. Soma demo app is really users friendly and the project really easy to understand, I’m sure that a lot of people will use the soma platform in the future.
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:12:32 PM

Now with ICO extension I would really appreciate if they'll publish a detailed article about business model because it's unclear

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:00:01 PM

Now with ICO extension I would really appreciate if they'll publish a detailed article about business model because it's unclear

Indeed!
Now SOMA has time to do so much more during this ICO. I just cant wait for the android app Cheesy

The more they can do, they more investors they will convience to join this ICO!
Keep it up team!
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:00:59 PM

Great thoughts mates, really make sense
belechau

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Great thoughts mates, really make sense
Surely we will still take many steps towards the perfection and stability of the crypto, but with projects like Soma and his Team, our hopes of accelerating this progress are increasing every day. Congratulations to Soma for what you have achieved so far and how much you will still achieve
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:05:14 PM

I'm behind to extend this ICO.
But I can also see the problem people are having with this because it was just a couple of hours before the end.

I'm sure with a working android app they will have more investors for this project!
Really hope to get the funding they need!

I can understand why they extended the ICO but HOW they did it wasn't ideal. No announcement, just changing the timer. I can understand everyone who invested earlier and is now a bit grumpy because of that. But hey, with every 1500 ETH they raise more, they can expand SOMA to another location! That's good for every investor.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: