Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace  (Read 92774 times)
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:11:09 AM

Soma ICO Extended until 15th of November Due to Big New Developments

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT Now Listed On Exchanges

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

New Advisors and Marketing Team

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Increased Traction and Detailed Roadmap

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

More Big News Coming Soon

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Some people look like missed the announcement. Making a quote looks like a good idea Wink

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:52:51 AM

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Some people look like missed the announcement. Making a quote looks like a good idea Wink

Looks like Soma is ready to continue even if ICO is a bit low for them. Keep working on build that empire Soma!
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:24:46 AM

I think expand ICO it was not a good idea... Im invested before few days ICO ends, and hope to exchanges...

They will announce some great news soon. It wasn't there best move but in long term you will be very happy Smiley. Hope they announce some more news soon!

Well, we all kinda expected the extension since BTC fork messed up the crypto economy so its a good move by the devs. 
Are there any news about their interactive item card patent? I know the process can be quite long but they didnt release any more information about that except its patent-pending.

Mystic90

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:57:48 AM

So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.

I think extend is better then another ICO round. Another ICO round will be harder to explain to initial investors
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:12:25 AM

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Not a bad idea since there is no feature to pin this post except add it to the first page.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:31:57 AM

So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.

I think extend is better then another ICO round. Another ICO round will be harder to explain to initial investors

Why not? I think it's the same, extending or adding a round. If you change the price with the new round, it is a different thing, but with same conditions they are same.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?
Technology comes first, people have to adapt.

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.

Truth to be told, i am not going to wait 100 years for changin infrastructure, but luckily 1 year in crypto world equals 50~ years real life time. Smiley
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

Why not? I think it's the same, extending or adding a round. If you change the price with the new round, it is a different thing, but with same conditions they are same.
Yes, i agree with that.
And its easier to extending than adding another round.
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:42:28 AM

A new ICO round would be maybe a better idea for the initial investors, however business wise I understand they choose to prolong the ICO. Investors should have confidence in the team, you invested because you believed in this project in the first place I guess

Mystic90

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:48:03 AM

I guess that could work. I think communication with current Soma investors is a key thing here. You dont want current investors to be unhappy.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:23:33 AM

neverthless, i still think it was the right decision to move the end date of the ico, due to all the forks happend and will happen.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:47:27 AM

May be, but dont forget about Segwit... Its will be in November 16th ...
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:52:28 AM

I guess that could work. I think communication with current Soma investors is a key thing here. You dont want current investors to be unhappy.

You are right, communication is important but why didn't they just announce the prolongation of the ICO earlier?
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:53:15 AM

Segwit and who knows how many forks after that will come along? Hopefully there comes a more stable period after this.

helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:09:51 AM

Segwit and who knows how many forks after that will come along? Hopefully there comes a more stable period after this.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think that this next fork will be the biggest one. After this, BTC core will have shown that it is the true version and that forks cannot prevail against it. Also, some big names (eg. Roger Ver) will be discredited.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:13:15 AM

perhaps they did not pick up what they had expected could be this the cause of the extension of the ico?...
alphashotgun

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:19:02 AM

perhaps they did not pick up what they had expected could be this the cause of the extension of the ico?...

i think the want to reach the hard cap to get their full potential!!
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

that's most likely the case, but if they failed to get what they needed, maybe there aren't people interested in this. we'll see when the extension is over.

fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:28:42 AM

As long as still not efficient possible to segwit again. Segwit is needed and is a necessity because the management of inputs or transactions is still not efficient so that burden block of bitcoin which can only hold max 1 MB per block
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:40:06 AM

I heard there's one more fork on the way bitcoin platinum. This thing is not gonna end. Fork or no fork now ICO should happen to be on the new date.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: