Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
ridd

Activity: 346
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:44:27 PM

Hi, I think that you do a great job! don't worry and come on  Wink

PD: today BitcoinZ start trading on c-cex (https://c-cex.com/?p=btcz-btc)

CROAT :: CROAT Desktop Wallet  :: GitHub :: BITCOINTALK ENG · ESP · CAT :: STEX BTC  BISQ BTC
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:54:43 PM

Someone in the btcz community paid for ccex listing, but it's a lot of money. People should take the opportunity and accumulate more cheap VOT coins while they can instead of complaining. Marketcap is ridiculously low, dev is not anon. We just have to wait, dev will deliver sooner or later.
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:04:15 PM

We've strengthened our development team and after some research, the team agreed on using Electron (https://electron.atom.io/) for developing of our GUI wallet. Electron can be used to code multiplatform applications, so we should be able to release GUI wallet for all operating systems at once. Initial work has already started.

No one commits on github in the last month simply because VOT has finished and fully working code.
We've implemented a few minor fixes or added parameters in the VOT core client recently.
We're now testing those changes and if everything runs smoothly we will release it on GitHub as soon as possible.

There is also something cooking with Slax (https://www.slax.org/) and VOT. Slax was downloaded and used by millions. That is solid user base to start with. Stay tuned for some news soon.

This is what is needed - some demonstration of interest or progress in the project. There is no point in developing in a silo whilst the world falls around you. Myself, i don't need lots of exchange listings - i was happy to hold and contribute, but your lack of communication is a serious problem. The lack of any progress on Yobit just felt like one more promise you disappointed on. Any small community contribution was just sniffed at whilst at the same time your concrete contributions have been zero. And before you point at the initial fork on github and whitepaper i think 29 BTC is barely nothing ...

The community get their reward from mining, yes; and that is ok if you just expect a dump; that is precisely what you will get. A miner makes a commitment in power and equipment for which they get rewarded. But you expect more; you expect the mining community to rise and carry the flag !! If you want to see that then get up and support and encourage ..

I myself contributed a quickly hacked up tool to fill a gap - your reply "it looks ugly" rather than "hey, great effort - but keep a look out for our (imagineware) its just so cool"

When you constantly put down those in the same community you alienate the community.

And as far as the community contribution is concerned - you are supposed to be the seed of that - so go and seed. Don't ignore us.

I don't need exchanges - i need some incentive to develop towards a concept i had high hopes for ..

You're right, we handled this really wrong. Community contribution is way to go. We learned that.

On the other hand, community mostly ask for listing on exchanges. We are open to suggestions and we will welcome any discussion about VOT future.
But all we can see now are questions about Yobit and some blames and accusations .. we simply put them on ignore, because we know we did everything we could.

We want VOT to be community driven project. For example Boo50 is doing great job maintaining Slack, Discord and Telegram for VOT.

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:06:47 PM

thanks ridd and hughbt Smiley It feels much better to hear this ...

We keep going and doing our best.

FastSha

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

I opened tickets about listing Vot on Yobit too - they are havent answer so I belive devs they do as they can.

But I still insist on that needed to update roadmap with timing and continue to do development. I see some users visited topic and interest in coin but they dont understand a vector of development as investors and miners too.

Also devs please describe new features for unsophisticated in programming users.

thanks a lot for responses. All community want the coin envole but now deal are nervous.

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:12:55 PM

We have recently implemented changes of Zcash 1.0.12 which included bug fixes and usability improvements.
Also a new RPC method z_shieldcoinbase was added as an experimental feature, for easily shielding coinbase UTXOs.

Release here: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases/tag/v1.0.12

Thanks for an update!

Replaced old executable files and everithing works fine. 8 active connections to VOT network. Transactions also work

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:37:30 PM

We have recently implemented changes of Zcash 1.0.12 which included bug fixes and usability improvements.
Also a new RPC method z_shieldcoinbase was added as an experimental feature, for easily shielding coinbase UTXOs.

Thanks for an update!

Replaced old executable files and everithing works fine. 8 active connections to VOT network. Transactions also work

uralcryptocoin, thanks for the report.

ridd

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:36:01 PM

Thanks, I just updated in multipool.es, everything seems ok

CROAT :: CROAT Desktop Wallet  :: GitHub :: BITCOINTALK ENG · ESP · CAT :: STEX BTC  BISQ BTC
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:45:16 AM

Is there any windows-qt.exe client?
I did downoload windows program but there is opening console window.
How to configure it like this:

STOP RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE - SUPPORT UKRAINIAN DEMOS
Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:26:18 AM

Thanks for updates. It's always a step forward.

Don't you think to release a GUI wallet for win at least without voting feature first? It's enough for start to have a nice GUI wallet for Win platform which people can simply use to send a receive votecoin.
It will be a huge step forward. After that you can make Linux and Mac wallets, after - implementing voting feature. That way you always go up, step by step, not trying to jump through the wall in one step, but day to day you made some progress and simply walk to the top.

ianj

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:59:04 AM

Is there any windows-qt.exe client?
I did downoload windows program but there is opening console window.
How to configure it like this:

That is the UNOFFICIAL Java Swing wrapper that I created. It runs over the cli client (you have to install the cli and get it working first) - it is not supported by the core devs

You can find it here
https://github.com/ianpjohnson/votecoin-swing-wallet-ui/releases

But i am not supporting it as i have largely pulled out of the coin through frustration with the progress on the coin

Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:46:58 AM

Don't you think to release a GUI wallet for win at least without voting feature first? It's enough for start to have a nice GUI wallet for Win platform which people can simply use to send a receive votecoin.
It will be a huge step forward. After that you can make Linux and Mac wallets, after - implementing voting feature. That way you always go up, step by step, not trying to jump through the wall in one step, but day to day you made some progress and simply walk to the top.

Great idea! I love it. Keeping my Votes for for long term. Hope it'll go high (100$+).
Gaffary

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:52:27 AM

100 of course who will be in the near future, but even 10$ would be very good!
 I am sure all would agree on 1-10$ Smiley
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

Great idea! I love it. Keeping my Votes for for long term. Hope it'll go high (100$+).

I like this prediction. Now 100USD per VOT goal looks fantastic, but if the conseption of VOT will be realized the prediction could become a reality

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
ridd

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:12:37 PM

Hi, I would like to say that if it a good idea to spread the hash between pools because of 51% attack  (http://99bitcoins.com/51-attack-simplified-bitcoin-tutorial/)

Actually there are 7 pools:

Mining Pools
VoteCoin Pool: http://pool.votecoin.site/  nofee
Nibiru Pool: http://nibirupool.com 1%
LuckPool: https://luckpool.org/ 0,5%
Zsolo: https://zsolo.bid/
CatsPool: http://votecoin.catspool.org/ 0.2%
MultiPool: https://multipool.es 0.25%
PCMiNing: http://pcmining.xyz:8080 0.1%

My propose is to do standard 0,25% fee on all pools and distribute the hashrate equally

_javier_

Activity: 444
Merit: 31

Still a manic miner

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:53:33 PM

honestly, i dont care about exchanges.

we should have a nice windows (standalone, QT, u name it..) wallet first... then mobile/linux.. then exchanges will list VOT without any doubt!

19kt6um75kGg3qKZgui5vucztiGxUpKad5
UTKN

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:57:49 AM

I'm pretty sure that they will deploy them all at the same time. This is an advantage of the tool they use (Electron), since the wallet can be compiled for all OSes simultaneously.

EDIT: Keep up the great work, guys. I've been watching this thread silently for weeks now.
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:01:53 AM

honestly, i dont care about exchanges.

we should have a nice windows (standalone, QT, u name it..) wallet first... then mobile/linux.. then exchanges will list VOT without any doubt!
Totally agree!
First GUI wallet -> get listed on some exchanges
Are there already any news from the devs, like expected release date, regarding a GUI wallet?

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:02:42 PM

100 of course who will be in the near future, but even 10$ would be very good!
 I am sure all would agree on 1-10$ Smiley

agreed Smiley

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:03:19 PM

It has been little over 2 weeks from the end of the ICO. We spent some time trying to get VOT to exchanges, some time recruiting more work force and now we have finally jumped on development. We collected only fraction of the necessary funds during ICO and we did NOT reach our milestone for GUI Wallet. But we want to continue on this project, since we are convinced that the idea of using VoteCoin for public voting, crowd funding and opinion surveys has big potential. Unfortunately due to lack in financing, things may go little bit slower.

We agree with your suggestions that our top priority should be VoteCoin GUI Wallet now.

There are several possible ways to go:

1) The Quick way - we can fork or extend some existing software, such as https://github.com/zencashio/eleos and release it as VOT Wallet. We're not willing to go this way, since such wallet brings no new features to VoteCoin. We prefer to focus on developing our own software. But if there is a community member who wants to try this, we will surely support that effort by providing links from our website to such fork.

2) The Satisfactory way - we can develop a solution to provide some sort of GUI on top of the text-mode wallet. Technically, you would still need to run the text-mode wallet as you do it now, and at the same time you would be able to access the most common features through your web browser, which would communicate with the textmode wallet. This way we could create appealing GUI wallet in a reasonable time, but this would be a bit uncomfortable and unprofessional. On the other hand, the code implemented for this solution could be mostly reused for our final GUI wallet too, so we may be able to do this within the next few weeks.

3) The Best way - we prefer to continue developing VoteCoin GUI wallet with all the features we want (especially the voting) in Electron, or similar multi-platform framework. Our dev team estimates that this will take few months to be completed and properly tested. We hope to provide such wallet in first quarter of 2018.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: