Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:30:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:13:03 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 05:31:34 PM by votecoin.site

i am using the NEW gui wallet and works great.

I noticed a problem if you run the zcash wallet at the same time, it won't work, and needs a bit of time to close before it does

transactions happen in under 2 seconds (no joke), idk how its possible to be that fast.

The devs are not much into advertising the true value of their project right, but i saw some of the plans and this is kickass coin, its more functional than any other coin i tried so far. I hope to be among the first to implement it in my projects, and there are solid plans to make it a lot more friendly for its purpose.

Probably one of the most undervalued coins out there... but price will explode once devs implement the voting / crowdfunding setion of the wallet

Thanks for your insight. I agree that this is one of the most undervalued coins out there. I'm looking forward to more updates from the devs. I'd also like to know if there are any mining pools that donate a percentage of the pool fee back to the votecoin development fund. Maybe we can help to raise some extra money for the next phase of the project.

As far as we know, there is no such incentive. The reason is simple, there is no VoteCoin development fund.
If there is enough demand and we see support from pools, we can set up development fund address, where pools could transfer percentage of their fee or people can send donations.

But we think, we need to get listed on some major exchange first, to be able to exchange VOT for BTC and vice versa.

We negotiated with a small exchange and they should list VOT within 2 weeks.
However, our main goal is still listing on Bittrex or Poloniex.

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinZebra

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:03:37 PM

i am using the NEW gui wallet and works great.

I noticed a problem if you run the zcash wallet at the same time, it won't work, and needs a bit of time to close before it does

transactions happen in under 2 seconds (no joke), idk how its possible to be that fast.

The devs are not much into advertising the true value of their project right, but i saw some of the plans and this is kickass coin, its more functional than any other coin i tried so far. I hope to be among the first to implement it in my projects, and there are solid plans to make it a lot more friendly for its purpose.

Probably one of the most undervalued coins out there... but price will explode once devs implement the voting / crowdfunding setion of the wallet

Thanks for your insight. I agree that this is one of the most undervalued coins out there. I'm looking forward to more updates from the devs. I'd also like to know if there are any mining pools that donate a percentage of the pool fee back to the votecoin development fund. Maybe we can help to raise some extra money for the next phase of the project.

As far as we know, there is no such incentive. The reason is simple, there is no VoteCoin development fund.
If there is enough demand and we see support from pools, we can set up development fund address, where pools could transfer percentage of their fee or people can send donations.

But we think, we need to get listed on some major exchange first, to be able to exchange VOT for BTC and vice versa.

We negotiated with a small exchange and they should list VOT within 2 weeks.
However, our main goal is still listing on Bittrex or Poloniex.

Nice, congrats on the exchange listing. The community is here to support the project. Just let us know what you need and we can all work together to help. I would gladly move to a pool with a 1% fee if I knew a portion of it was being donated to benefit Votecoin.
xtc18

Activity: 24
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 07:30:59 PM

http://zeropool.io now supports Votecoin mining!

host: zeropool.io:3332
username: wallet address
password: x

PPLNT reward system.
prologas

Activity: 219
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:27:04 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 11:39:04 PM by prologas

VoteCoin Pool

syspool.org

stratum+tcp://vot.syspool.org:3032

Fee 0.5% / Payments After Blockchain Confirmation
user: walletaddr.workername
pass: x

10 K/sols+
maxlumnar

Activity: 51
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:08:50 AM

Issues with ZCASH that affect votecoin wallet functionality!

I had a terrible night trying to figure this one out, becaue its not my area of expertise, but here are the conclusions that might help others too.

ZCASH (i am using zcash4win) and the VOTEcoin daemons are in conflict, you can't run them together without issues.

The problem happened to me when i wanted to open my zcash wallet that had some funds in it, but it was never able to sync. After looging at debug logs i realized there is a deprecation flag because zcash is marked as deprecated after a certain point, and the daemon won't work unless explicitly told so and/or updated.

i found useful files here:
https://github.com/radix42/zcash4mac/tree/zcash4win-12/win

edit this: %AppData%\Zcash\zcash.conf
and add this: disabledeprecation=1.0.12

i got my zcash out of there..if these people are unable to work on a better interface in such a long time i am already losing my hope in their capabilities or interests.. (buying vot with them Cheesy)

but i still have an issue with transactions confirming and blockchain updating in the VOT wallet.

I suspect this is related to the same issue and it needs that flag set and daemon and cli updated, but i don't know how to do it, so i will forward my findings to the dev team and they will find a solution.

Maybe its just me because i am running both zcash and vot on the same machine, i really don't know, but i posted this for others that face the same issue.

run the .bat or set the option for deprecation automanitcally, then update zcashd and zcash-cli, and you are good to go woth zcash. Hopefully VOT releases a fix to this but i know they are ultra busy now working on the voting functionality.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 08:44:42 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 01:01:32 PM by votecoin.site

There may be few problems, I will try to address them.

Fist problem is the deprecation policy, which is inherited from ZCash by all its forks. There is an automatic deprecation shutdown feature which will halt the node some time after 16 week time period after the release date, and you can run such node only after adding the parameter to the config file as described by maxlumnar. The problem with swing wallet probably is that it incorporates version 1.0.12 of zcash, which is now considered deprecated, and for that reason swing wallet needs that parameter specified. We tend to update VoteCoin wallet monthly and we keep track with zcasch changes. That means, VoteCoin wallet (newest version) is now updated to 1.0.14 core, so there is no need for that disabledeprecation parameter in any way. We also plan to keep track with ZCash core in the future, so our wallets should not have such issue.

Second problem is probably in the RPC port settings. VoteCoin inherited RPC port from Zcash, so it is not possible to run VoteCoin and ZCash wallets simultaneously, unless you specify different port. We will address this by changing the default RPC port in VoteCoin in some future release. For the GUI Wallet, the RPC port is set automatically to a different value, so it should not matter. But the CLI wallet still uses the default rpc port which is the same as for zcash, so you can't run both wallets simultaneously unless you specify rpcport=12345 manually in config file.

Finally, if you are having problems with GUI wallet syncing with the network, your node can be temporarily blacklisted by the dnssed node or by other nodes for some reason. You can try two solutions: first, try to restart your computer, to make sure the daemon is not stuck at the background. Then, if your wallet is still not connecting, make sure to shutdown the wallet cleanly and wait 30 minutes, then try to start it again.

If nothing ever helps and your sync is stuck at some block, try to remove everything from VoteCoin directory, including 'chainstate' subdirectory and 'blocks' subdirectory and also files like peers.dat etc ... remove everything there and only keep votecoin.conf and wallet.dat (this is important). Then try to start the wallet again, it should fetch the entire blockchain.

Alternatively you can try to run votecoind.exe -reindex too

Hope this helps
-Tom

maxlumnar

Activity: 51
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM

Thank you! this solution works for me now.

There may be few problems, I will try to address them.

Fist problem is the deprecation policy, which is inherited from ZCash by all its forks. There is an automatic deprecation shutdown feature which will halt the node some time after 16 week time period after the release date, and you can run such node only after adding the parameter to the config file as described by maxlumnar. The problem with swing wallet probably is that it incorporates version 1.0.12 of zcash, which is now considered deprecated, and for that reason swing wallet needs that parameter specified. We tend to update VoteCoin wallet monthly and we keep track with zcasch changes. That means, VoteCoin wallet (newest version) is now updated to 1.0.14 core, so there is no need for that disabledeprecation parameter in any way. We also plan to keep track with ZCash core in the future, so our wallets should not have such issue.

Second problem is probably in the RPC port settings. VoteCoin inherited RPC port from Zcash, so it is not possible to run VoteCoin and ZCash wallets simultaneously, unless you specify different port. We will address this by changing the default RPC port in VoteCoin in some future release. For the GUI Wallet, the RPC port is set automatically to a different value, so it should not matter. But the CLI wallet still uses the default rpc port which is the same as for zcash, so you can't run both wallets simultaneously unless you specify rpcport=12345 manually in config file.

Finally, if you are having problems with GUI wallet syncing with the network, your node can be temporarily blacklisted by the dnssed node or by other nodes for some reason. You can try two solutions: first, try to restart your computer, to make sure the daemon is not stuck at the background. Then, if your wallet is still not connecting, make sure to shutdown the wallet cleanly and wait 30 minutes, then try to start it again.

If nothing ever helps and your sync is stuck at some block, try to remove everything from VoteCoin directory, including 'chainstate' subdirectory and 'blocks' subdirectory and also files like peers.dat etc ... remove everything there and only keep votecoin.conf and wallet.dat (this is important). Then try to start the wallet again, it should fetch the entire blockchain.

Hope this helps
-Tom

I also ran
votecoind.exe -reindex

in the cli version and it started resync the wallet in there too

Much appreciated for the fast reply!
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 09:59:20 AM

I'm trying to do first sync on Win and get Network solution rate 3 sol/s, running votecoind.
On Linux all right and rate ~330k

Did I miss something?

Ivan

https://NibiruPool.com
punkoivan

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:13:24 AM

I'm trying to do first sync on Win and get Network solution rate 3 sol/s, running votecoind.
On Linux all right and rate ~330k

Did I miss something?

Ivan

Now it's ~1k.
I believe the problem is poor internet connection on Win machine.

Ivan

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:06:50 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 01:01:10 PM by votecoin.site

The network solution rate displayed during resync shows you historical value, which was valid at the time. If you are at block 100 for example, you will see network solution rate at ~3Sol/s. Once the blockchain downloads fully to your node, it will show the actual network solution rate.

-Tom

punkoivan

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:14:06 PM

The network solution rate displayed during resync shows you historical value, which was valid at that time. If you are at block 100 for example, you will see network solution rate at ~3Sol/s. Once the blockchain downloads fully to your node, it will show the actual network solution rate.

I did not know it, thanks a lot for the explanation!

btw, we really appreciate your answers in the topic.
When team/devs are online we become confident!

Thanks for your job!

vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:20:13 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 03:44:09 PM by vklchck

Hey everybody!

There is new VoteCoin mining pool in town!  Shocked

Everyone is welcome to visit and mine @ BlockSmasher.org

This is a great High Performance and Low Latency pool located in the West Coast of USA

server: mining.blocksmasher.org
user: your_wallet.rig1
pass: any
port: 3052 (CPU),  3053 (Small/Mid size GPU rigs),  3058 (Nicehash, big farms)

Come and Visit!  Cheesy
vklchck

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:21:41 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 03:43:16 PM by vklchck

Hey everybody!

There is new VoteCoin mining pool in town!  Shocked

Everyone is welcome to visit and mine @ BlockSmasher.org

This is a great High Performance and Low Latency pool located in the West Coast of USA

server: mining.blocksmasher.org
user: your_wallet.rig1
pass: any
port: 3052 (CPU),  3053 (Small/Mid size GPU rigs),  3058 (Nicehash, big farms)

Come and Visit!  Cheesy
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

Please stop spamming this thread with your pool.

punkoivan

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:46:50 PM

Could someone help with awful windows? Smiley

I've downloaded last release of wallet from Git.
Then sync blockchain via votecoind.
And after I start GUI anyway get asked about downloading.

via cli I have synced by 3 hours, but GUI took 8 hours for 25% and the I stopped it.

Is there a way to use in GUI synced blockchain from cli ?

vklchck

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:15:55 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 02:30:59 PM by vklchck

Please stop spamming this thread with your pool.

I apologize Votecoin moderator.
Just wanted to get the word out by putting it on top of a page, so I posted a little extra.
Though I am surprised to see you go as far as calling it spamming.

In any case, The word is out.
Thank You
votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

I've downloaded last release of wallet from Git.
Then sync blockchain via votecoind.
And after I start GUI anyway get asked about downloading.

via cli I have synced by 3 hours, but GUI took 8 hours for 25% and the I stopped it.

Is there a way to use in GUI synced blockchain from cli ?

GUI Wallet will re-download the zkSNARK proving key (900 MB) and then it will sync blockchain.
If you have synced blockchain from CLI wallet, you can copy the entire directory VoteCoin from your CLI wallet to the gui wallet to directory resources\app\ so you will end up with files such as:
C:\VoteCoin-GUI-wallet\resources\app\VoteCoin\blocks\blk00003.dat

Just make sure to erase votecoin.conf from your copied directory within the GUI wallet, as it is re-generated when GUI wallet starts.

-Tom

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:00:45 PM

Beta version of VoteCoin GUI Wallet released

We are pleased to announce that we've released another beta version of VoteCoin GUI wallet.
All sections except the Voting should be ready to use.

Download: https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases/

punkoivan

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:12:39 PM

GUI Wallet will re-download the zkSNARK proving key (900 MB) and then it will sync blockchain.

I was messed up with this, thanks!

prologas

Activity: 219
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

VoteCoin Pool

http://syspool.org

stratum+tcp://vot.syspool.org:3032

Fee 0.5% / Payments After Blockchain Confirmation
min payout: 1
user: walletaddr.workername
pass: x

10 000 Sol/s +
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: