Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:28:15 AM

votecoin.site, could you please keep  your main site up-to-date?
At least I suggest to post a link to a wallet Wink

The GUI wallet is a work in progress (beta stage now), we will put link to homepage as soon as the wallet is considered stable. We hope to get to that state in about a month.

-Tom

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxlumnar

Activity: 51
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:43:59 AM

Hi guys, i need your opinion on this one. I've been discussing with dev the subtle renaming of the main words that define this coin, and i think i have an alternative that fits more with the actual use (that will be implemented in a couple of month probably) ...please share your opinion on this if you would like to:

"Elections" and "poll" could be rephrased to "Decision funding" and "staked poll"

the reason behind this is that VOT enables participants to a poll to spend VOT and both finance and stake money on their decision choice. Also election is too much connected to politics, at least where i come from, and this might cause confusion. Tbh i don't see political elections migrate in any way to any different "system", so a better wording for the use of this coin is neccessary to explain its use

Do you think its good? do you find it confusing?

Please share your opinion

much appreciated.
(i need this for the new site)
vklchck

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:10:45 PM

I've added your pool to the original post and listed it on the votecoin website as well

I appreciate it, Thank You sir!  Grin
punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:16:52 PM

votecoin.site, could you please keep  your main site up-to-date?
At least I suggest to post a link to a wallet Wink

The GUI wallet is a work in progress (beta stage now), we will put link to homepage as soon as the wallet is considered stable. We hope to get to that state in about a month.

-Tom

Ok, roger that!

Appreciate your answer.

https://NibiruPool.com
vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:42:02 PM

VoteCoin is back on the rise, it has more than quadrupled in the last few days, Whoohoo! I am sure this is only the beginning of whats to come, and It's getting me excited!
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 05:48:02 PM

Folks, you have no clue whats coming in a couple of months. Cheesy

We've been brainstorming some ideas today and i see a bright future to this project. Btw, i'm part of the VoteCoin team as of today Cheesy:D:D:D
It is too soon to spread any rumors, but we (omg i can say "we" , i feel weird and honored, i must party today) ..we planned some possible surprises.

The technical difficulties are serious, thats the truth, but we will find a way to do it, because the end use is worth the effort.

The project will follow its intended path, but with extra added benefit that we will announce as soon as decided.

Thank you all for your feedback and support

punkoivan

Activity: 143
Merit: 8

https://nibirupool.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:15:14 PM

Hi guys, i need your opinion on this one. I've been discussing with dev the subtle renaming of the main words that define this coin, and i think i have an alternative that fits more with the actual use (that will be implemented in a couple of month probably) ...please share your opinion on this if you would like to:

"Elections" and "poll" could be rephrased to "Decision funding" and "staked poll"

the reason behind this is that VOT enables participants to a poll to spend VOT and both finance and stake money on their decision choice. Also election is too much connected to politics, at least where i come from, and this might cause confusion. Tbh i don't see political elections migrate in any way to any different "system", so a better wording for the use of this coin is neccessary to explain its use

much appreciated.

make sense, the same to me - I thought about politics when heard first about VOT.

https://NibiruPool.com
BitcoinZebra

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:17:37 AM

much appreciated.

I agree. I like decision funding a little better.
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

Folks, you have no clue whats coming in a couple of months. Cheesy

We've been brainstorming some ideas today and i see a bright future to this project. Btw, i'm part of the VoteCoin team as of today Cheesy:D:D:D
It is too soon to spread any rumors, but we (omg i can say "we" , i feel weird and honored, i must party today) ..we planned some possible surprises.

The technical difficulties are serious, thats the truth, but we will find a way to do it, because the end use is worth the effort.

The project will follow its intended path, but with extra added benefit that we will announce as soon as decided.

Thank you all for your feedback and support

hey maxlumnar, awesome news and congrats! I liked your post before that so now I'm happy for you! I kinda had the feeling this coin has something serious going on under the hood hehe, I really wish the whole team and community good luck and hope it will one day contribute to a brighter future!
If i make it and can have some more extra time i will also try to follow this project and maybe contribute where i can some day..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
prologas

Activity: 219
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:06:27 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 05:01:54 PM by prologas

VoteCoin Pool

https://syspool.org

stratum+tcp://vot.syspool.org:3032

Fee 0.5% / Payments After Blockchain Confirmation
min payout: 1
user: walletaddr.workername
pass: x

234 Blocks found!

20 000 Sol/s +
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:19:53 PM

That you all for your feedback and the nice words. I'll give my best to make this project great Smiley
If anyone has required abilities to help please contact me with details and i will review all your messages.

Thanks
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 10:48:14 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 09:05:57 AM by maxlumnar

We need your help.

I need your personal view on how VOT would be used in actual examples, in the circumstances you consider or explain why a decentralized system of this kind would be useful and where.

From the info you (all that want to help) will provide, i will try to get a better view of how such a system is expected to work, and see what from these opinions is feasible technically or fit VoteCoin concept and purpose better.

Please send me use-case scenarios and tell me why your example should work like that and what are its advantages in your opinion.

I will read and analyze all your messages, and i will be rewarding all really valuable idea that will get implemented with a symbolic VOT reward.

(i don;t know how much the reward will be, because i am not sure how valuable the ideas will be and how many, but i will be spending some of my stash to support this at least at a symbolic level if not more)

(you can contact me via message in here, public or private, or email to max at votecoin.site . Public replies would be better i think, but in that case discussing your idea more in depth wont be possible.)
raxiq

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:20:43 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to run VOT Masternode already? I'm interested in creating one.
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:26:45 AM

VoteCoin is PoW, mining, not masternodes at this time.

In the first functionality stage this is how it will stay, at a later time with further improvements on the concept and voting features anything is possible to happen, but for now no masternodes
raxiq

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:28:57 AM

VoteCoin is PoW, mining, not masternodes at this time.

In the first functionality stage this is how it will stay, at a later time with further improvements on the concept and voting features anything is possible to happen, but for now no masternodes

Ok thx for quick reply!
WendellKelley234

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:09:10 PM

Nice conceptual  project and wood theme , working for  windows, linux etc. Best of Luck.
crypt~o~saurus

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:32:34 PM

We need your help.

I need your personal view on how VOT would be used in actual examples, in the circumstances you consider or explain why a decentralized system of this kind would be useful and where.

From the info you (all that want to help) will provide, i will try to get a better view of how such a system is expected to work, and see what from these opinions is feasible technically or fit VoteCoin concept and purpose better.

Please send me use-case scenarios and tell me why your example should work like that and what are its advantages in your opinion.

I will read and analyze all your messages, and i will be rewarding all really valuable idea that will get implemented with a symbolic VOT reward.

(i don;t know how much the reward will be, because i am not sure how valuable the ideas will be and how many, but i will be spending some of my stash to support this at least at a symbolic level if not more)

(you can contact me via message in here, public or private, or email to max at votecoin.site . Public replies would be better i think, but in that case discussing your idea more in depth wont be possible.)

Hi Max

You're doing an excellent job of keeping interested peeps (like me) informed of the progress of this project as well as your obvious enthusiasm for VoteCoin, so very well done there.

I'll keep this brief and sketch out the main (but by no means the only) use of VoteCoin that I see - apologies if this turns out to be longer than anticipated...

As the coin actually represents a financial commitment when voting, then I don't think there should ever be a possibility of simply losing your money if you don't 'win the vote'. Rather, voting on some project priorities strikes me as a much better plan. As an example, voting on which wallet for a crypto coin should be developed with a GUI first (windows, linux, MacOS). This way, all three options will eventually materialise and the development time can either be divided as a simple 1st, 2nd, 3rd or a percentage of dev time weighted directly on the votes cast to the relevant windows/linux/MacOS wallets.

More generally, I'm thinking something along the lines of crowdfunding, but also including steering project direction through a voting mechanism. Effectively, funding and steering a project through it's development phase (and beyond).

So how would this work in practice? Well setting up a MySQL (or other) db to store options/results/project details/wallet addresses etc. which would be accessed from the clients wallet would be the way I'd tackle something like this, but I'm sure you'll have plenty of your own ideas.

I can probably elaborate on this a bit, but just thought I'd run this past you as a possibility before going into any great detail...
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

hi crypt~o~saurus ,
first of all thank you for sharing your view. To make sure i understand it well , what you mean is that votes should "win" any way, but just decide the priority of the decisions to be made, decisions that will eventually be all made (like various wallet types for a coin), correct? if not please give an example.

I already suggested the development of a refund system for "losing" votes and this feature is currently analyzed to see its potential implementation in a secure way. I CAN NOT confirm that this will be one of the features but i can confirm it is one of the features serioulsy considered right now.

I would like a bit more details on your suggestion in case i missunderstood it.

Thank you
crypt~o~saurus

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:58:01 PM

Hi Max

Yes, the whole concept would be of funding and steering a project through a publicised project's roadmap and, in effect, allowing people to buy into the timescale of development by committing funding to various aspects of the project. But yes, there would never be any financial losses as work would progress in the direction determined by voting. I wouldn't expect voting to be the main source of funding for a project, but I'm sure VoteCoin could be used in some way to raise initial capital also. Dependant on the project, there may also be a reward in some form based on the level of a person's contribution
maxlumnar

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:18:02 AM

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll be gathering your ideas and make a plan , sort of a wishlist, for the next stage of the project after the stable release of the wallet that will include a basic use of the voting feature. Your ideas are very valuable, please feel free to share your thoughts also on possible issues we should present or anything else you consider important.

All ideas will be reviewed, but just some implemented (obviously).

VoteCoin is a live project and i wish to keep in touch with the actual uses and wishes of this community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: