Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy  (Read 78546 times)
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 02:08:08 PM

I had no idea that extortion is the new business plan for exchanges. Wait, and DigitalPrice claims to be a DEX? WTF?

May I suggest to check out the Blocknet? It's unlikely VOT is compatible at this time but at least it's free to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgW8lm9qwPf1pP3ROlydU410kGG9XQzhI5NwgMF8GuRtGQfg/viewform

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
votecoin.site (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

Releasing new version of VoteCoin (both CLI and GUI wallets) v2.0.2
Since this release, sapling addresses are used by default (voting still uses sprout main address though)
Notable changes:

- Add Sapling support to RPC z_mergetoaddress
- Mitigate transaction expiry height related DoS vector
- Return Sapling addresses by default when calling RPC z_getnewaddress
- Add Sapling spend and output description benchmarks to RPC zcbenchmark
- Fix bug with Sapling chain value tracking
- Fix encoding bug with non-ASCII parameter paths, primarily affecting Windows
- Backport from upstream the relaying of blocks when pruning
- Don’t ban peers when loading pre-Sapling blocks during syncing
- Fix bug with contents of default memo in Sapling

Download VoteCoin from github:

CLI (text mode node server):
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases

GUI (wallet application):
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases

VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy
kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:56:28 PM

Update required?

thesudio

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:41:36 PM

Update required?

Not mandatory if you already have done the original sapling update. But its quite a few enhancements and default sapling addresses are a good thing, makes privacy the forefront unless voting. I would recommend updating.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
WR-104

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:56:00 AM

After the update on Windows 10  everything seems to work, I think you can update.
ashurastrike

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:08:54 AM

Thank you, very helpful and clear instructions. it worked fine, I hope you will be doing new materials regarding the CPU mining on Windows and Linux.
Question: why the wallet address changes every time when intitating the vot.wallet
 and how the system save it? please advice. thank you
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:18:22 AM

Now already two weeks of new year past.
Could Tomas-M disclose further plans of VOT project development? New features? New releases?
GUI-wallet is still far from perfect

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 11:44:20 PM

Now already two weeks of new year past.
Could Tomas-M disclose further plans of VOT project development? New features? New releases?
GUI-wallet is still far from perfect

Agreed. As an early investor and long term miner (who has never sold a single VOT) I am very interested in this project specifically because of Tom's experience, background and long history on github. I do think this is a very promising project specially with its ability to allow anyone to run a paid VOTE that could be used for gambling on sports or other events where laws allow such thing.   

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 11:59:44 PM

Releasing new version of VoteCoin (both CLI and GUI wallets) v2.0.2
Since this release, sapling addresses are used by default (voting still uses sprout main address though)
Notable changes:

- Add Sapling support to RPC z_mergetoaddress
- Mitigate transaction expiry height related DoS vector
- Return Sapling addresses by default when calling RPC z_getnewaddress
- Add Sapling spend and output description benchmarks to RPC zcbenchmark
- Fix bug with Sapling chain value tracking
- Fix encoding bug with non-ASCII parameter paths, primarily affecting Windows
- Backport from upstream the relaying of blocks when pruning
- Don’t ban peers when loading pre-Sapling blocks during syncing
- Fix bug with contents of default memo in Sapling

Download VoteCoin from github:

CLI (text mode node server):
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin/releases

GUI (wallet application):
https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin-wallet/releases

Great work Tom.

Can you please elaborate on the sapling and why it was important to implement? Thank you!

Also if you could let us know if VOT is on any mobile wallet so I can finally move my coins off an exchange and into my own mobile wallet.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 07:26:55 PM

Sapling in VoteCoin is now active.
The following pools support it as of now:

whibbit.cn
 powermining.pw
 luckpool.net
 aikapool.com
 basementpool.org      
 minerspool.cc   

Make sure to use pool with proper support else you will waste your resources.
Thank  you

Hey Tom,

I just downloaded the wallet. Looks great, is this a mobile wallet? I unzipped into a USB disk and its running straight from the wallet, nothing was installed. Is this a UBS mobile wallet without the need to be installed in windows?

Also I just wanted to update that basementpool.org does not have VOTE listed.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:10:58 AM

Thank you, very helpful and clear instructions. it worked fine, I hope you will be doing new materials regarding the CPU mining on Windows and Linux.
Question: why the wallet address changes every time when intitating the vot.wallet
 and how the system save it? please advice. thank you

What do you exactly mean by "initiating the vot.wallet"?
VoteCoin stores addersses in wallet.dat file. If this file is missing, VoteCoin assumes you want to create new wallet, so it creates new addresses for you.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:14:34 AM

Regarding Sapling upgrade, it was a necessary step towards faster and less memory-hungry shielded transactions. Before sapling, every shielded transaction used more than 1GB of RAM and it took several minutes to complete. Due to that, creating polls/votings through VoteCoin took long time and lots of resources, since the polls are technically stored on blockchain as a shielded transactions. Now after Sapling, only about 50MB of RAM is needed to create a shielded transaction, and it only takes few seconds to compute. Sapling shielded addresses are now default in VoteCoin (since 2.0.2), it works if you want to send a transaction to somebody else, but polls are still using old pre-sapling mechanism (called sprout) and it is still neither optimal nor fast.

So, our next goal is to switch to Sapling for polls too in VoteCoin as well. But this requires support for exporting of viewing keys from the wallet for sapling addresses, which is not yet supported by VoteCoin. Since VoteCoin is a fork of zcash, we decided to wait for ZCash to implement it, and then we can backport it easily. Anybody in VoteCoin team does not feel comfortable trying to implement this feature on our own at the moment, since making a mistake would have fatal consequences, so it's safer to wait for official support in ZCash.

Regarding portable wallet, the current GUI wallet can be safely used from an USB device on Windows, since it stores data within the wallet directory. However this is not possible on MAC, since MAC stores wallet data on local user's home directory, regardless of where was the wallet application started from.

-Tom

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 07:17:26 PM

Regarding Sapling upgrade, it was a necessary step towards faster and less memory-hungry shielded transactions. Before sapling, every shielded transaction used more than 1GB of RAM and it took several minutes to complete. Due to that, creating polls/votings through VoteCoin took long time and lots of resources, since the polls are technically stored on blockchain as a shielded transactions. Now after Sapling, only about 50MB of RAM is needed to create a shielded transaction, and it only takes few seconds to compute. Sapling shielded addresses are now default in VoteCoin (since 2.0.2), it works if you want to send a transaction to somebody else, but polls are still using old pre-sapling mechanism (called sprout) and it is still neither optimal nor fast.

So, our next goal is to switch to Sapling for polls too in VoteCoin as well. But this requires support for exporting of viewing keys from the wallet for sapling addresses, which is not yet supported by VoteCoin. Since VoteCoin is a fork of zcash, we decided to wait for ZCash to implement it, and then we can backport it easily. Anybody in VoteCoin team does not feel comfortable trying to implement this feature on our own at the moment, since making a mistake would have fatal consequences, so it's safer to wait for official support in ZCash.

Regarding portable wallet, the current GUI wallet can be safely used from an USB device on Windows, since it stores data within the wallet directory. However this is not possible on MAC, since MAC stores wallet data on local user's home directory, regardless of where was the wallet application started from.

-Tom

Thank you. So  downloaded the Windows wallet so I can get my coins off an exchange. Very nice interface.

Any idea how I can program a vote that distributes the outcome to voters (sort of gambling I guess). I like to create a poll for tomorrows superbowl game in the US it is sort of a big deal here.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 07:22:48 AM

Any idea how I can program a vote that distributes the outcome to voters (sort of gambling I guess). I like to create a poll for tomorrows superbowl game in the US it is sort of a big deal here.
Distribution of winning votes in this case cannot be handled by the protocol or by the wallet, since there is no way for the network to know what vote won. So you need to distribute winning votes manually, I am afraid

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 09:24:24 AM

IMPORTANT: Zcash Counterfeiting Vulnerability Successfully Remediated
original post: https://z.cash/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/

VoteCoin is based on zcash, so it had the same vulnerability in its code as well.

Since VoteCoin is following zcash development closely and our team is backporting all news and improvements from zcash, especially the Sapling upgrade, the vulnerability has been fixed in the same manner as it was in ZCash, on the same day when ZCash fixed it (by activating Sapling upgrade in VoteCoin network on 28th of October, 2018).

We have found no evidence that the vulnerability was discovered by anyone else or that counterfeiting occurred.

It is possible to verify the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses (i.e., the Sprout shielded pool) in the output of following command:
Code:
votecoin-cli getblockchaininfo
As long as the value in the shielded pools are greater than zero, no counterfeiting has been detected.

-Tom

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:10:55 PM

original post: https://z.cash/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/

VoteCoin is based on zcash, so it had the same vulnerability in its code as well.

Since VoteCoin is following zcash development closely and our team is backporting all news and improvements from zcash, especially the Sapling upgrade, the vulnerability has been fixed in the same manner as it was in ZCash, on the same day when ZCash fixed it (by activating Sapling upgrade in VoteCoin network on 28th of October, 2018).

We have found no evidence that the vulnerability was discovered by anyone else or that counterfeiting occurred.

It is possible to verify the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses (i.e., the Sprout shielded pool) in the output of following command:
Code:
As long as the value in the shielded pools are greater than zero, no counterfeiting has been detected.

-Tom

Is it mean that if I didn't use shielded addresses for transactions from pool/exchange then I've nothing to worry about? And my VOTs safe aren't?

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2019, 06:09:12 PM

Code:

-Tom

Great info thank you Tom.

I ran the code, it opens the GUI wallet and in the CMD page it just says wallet start, over and over.

votecoin.site (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 11:06:29 AM

Great info thank you Tom.

I ran the code, it opens the GUI wallet and in the CMD page it just says wallet start, over and over.
You are running GUI wallet from command line, that is normal debug output which you should safely ignore.
-Tom

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:38:28 PM

I mean it does not return the total amounts of coins held in sprout addresses.

zigzag2003

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:00:11 AM

Hi, devs of vote-coin
help me, please
I have same vote-coin in address
t1epENbttpHHvd8f4cULYkBT8mx8BeoDg3J
and private key next kind
zcAaAdAk....................................................................2z6 BMYqQ
(95 characters length)

My problem is that when you try to import this private key in GUI wallet, this key does not accept,
answer "private key invalid encoding"
tell me, please - how I can use this key to send my funds from this address?
Thanx
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: