Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] UNIVERSA | Blockchain Protocol for Business  (Read 144247 times)
rumax

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:31:44 PM

Hitbtc has raised the cost of utnp over 2000 NTN, what that means  Huh Huh

I have never had a good opinion about this exchange and I always try to avoid it if there are other options. The organizers are likely to change the rules at their own discretion and it is clear that greed prevails over them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvRo74

Activity: 994
Merit: 263

PassiveIncomeHunter

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 09:40:08 PM

Where can I find detailed instructions for the swap of tokens?

Should I create a new wallet on the beta version and send my UTN tokens from the old wallet there or can I use my existing private key to log in to the beta version?

>Where can I find detailed instructions for the swap of tokens?
There's none. In order to swap UTN to UTNP, you need to make sure that (1) you've got some Us on your account and (2) your contracts are reflected on beta.universa.io in the same way they do on access.universa.io (if not, download them from access.universa.io and upload on beta.universa.io)
Then, choose the "UTN to UTNP Conversion" option, insert the sum and your Ethereum address, wait, and it's done.
>Should I create a new wallet on the beta version and send my UTN tokens from the old wallet there
No.
>can I use my existing private key to log in to the beta version?
Yes, of course.

I read that the Universe wants to replace Ethereum. But how is this possible with the current state of the project?
Is Universe going to create its own real blockchain? I write “real” because now the Universe network is unlike the real blockchain and, according to many experts, it is not. It is rather a centralized database.
I myself experience regular problems entering my wallet. Yes, these problems so far have helped me to solve Telegram administrators, but this in itself is an abnormal situation. Now, when I have no access to Telegrams, I again have no access to my tokens.
I also don`t understand anything about contracts and U tokens - why they are not needed and how to get them.
As a result, I cannot make a swap now.

Interface of the Universe is no more understandable and friendly than the interface, for example, the MEW wallet. And since there are no advantages, it is completely incomprehensible how the project intends to ensure the widespread adoption and distribution of Universes as platform.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀

1000+
Games
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄
             ▄▒▓▓█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▄
          ▄▓▓▀                   █▓▓
        ▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▄      ▓▓▄     
      ▓█▀    ▒▓████████████████▓▓     ▓▓
     ▓▓    ▓█████████▌ ▒▄ ▓███████▓▄   ▀█▄
    ▓▌   ▄▓████▄            ▀▓██████▓   ▐█▄
   ▓▓   ▐████████▓            ▀██████▓   ▀█
  ▐█▄   █████████▓    ████▀   ▐███████▄   █▌
  ▀█   ▐█████████▓            ▓███████▌   ▓▓
  ▀█   ▐█████████▓             ▓██████▌   ▓▓
  ▐█▄   █████████▓    █████    ▐██████    █▌
   ▓▓   ▐████████▓             ▓█████▌   ▓█ 
    ▓▓    █████▄             ▄▓█████▀   ▄█▀ 
     ▓▓    ▀█████████▌ ▒▄ ▓███████▓    ▒█▀
      ▀█▄    ▀▓████████████████▓▀     ▓▓
        ▀▓▌      ▀█▓██████▓█▀▀     ▄▓▓
          ▀█▓▄                 ▄▓▓▀
              ▀█▓▓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▒▓▓█▀

Free
BTC
              ▄▄─¬"^^^^"¬─▄▄
           ▄▓▓▓▓▓  ,,,,,, ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
      /  ▀▓▓▓▓▀              ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
    /    ▓▓▀    ▓▓▄     ▄▓▄     ▀▓▓▄   ]
   [   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▀▓▓   ]
  [   ▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▌  ██▄  ▀▓▌      ╙▓▓   ]
  ▓▓▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▌       ▐▓▓ ▓▓
 ▐▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▄▓▓▌ ▓ ▀  █▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▌
 ▐▓▓▓▓▓           ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▌
 ▐▓▓▓▓▓        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄       ▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▌  ▐▓▓      ▓▓▄▓▓ ▓▄▄▄ ▓▀  ▄      ▓▓▀▀█▓
  [   ▀▓▓    ▐▓  ▓▌▓▌   ▓▓▄▓▓       ▓▓▌
   [    ▓▓▄  ▀▀▀▀▀                ▓▓▀   ]
     [   ▓▓▓▄     T O K E N    ▄▓▓▀    ]
      [ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄           ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓ ]
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀]
            ▀▀█▓▀           ▀▓█▀▀
                   ````````   

BetFury
Staking APR
450%

[ PLAY NOW ]
ampirebus (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:57:40 PM

Should I create a new wallet on the beta version and send my UTN tokens from the old wallet there or can I use my existing private key to log in to the beta version?

There's none. In order to swap UTN to UTNP, you need to make sure that (1) you've got some Us on your account and (2) your contracts are reflected on beta.universa.io in the same way they do on access.universa.io (if not, download them from access.universa.io and upload on beta.universa.io)
Then, choose the "UTN to UTNP Conversion" option, insert the sum and your Ethereum address, wait, and it's done.
>Should I create a new wallet on the beta version and send my UTN tokens from the old wallet there
No.
Yes, of course.

I read that the Universe wants to replace Ethereum. But how is this possible with the current state of the project?
Is Universe going to create its own real blockchain? I write “real” because now the Universe network is unlike the real blockchain and, according to many experts, it is not. It is rather a centralized database.
I myself experience regular problems entering my wallet. Yes, these problems so far have helped me to solve Telegram administrators, but this in itself is an abnormal situation. Now, when I have no access to Telegrams, I again have no access to my tokens.
I also don`t understand anything about contracts and U tokens - why they are not needed and how to get them.

Interface of the Universe is no more understandable and friendly than the interface, for example, the MEW wallet. And since there are no advantages, it is completely incomprehensible how the project intends to ensure the widespread adoption and distribution of Universes as platform.

You can get familiar with some basic concepts, including U and contracts at https://kb.universa.io/end_user_central/29

To reserve U is simple, https://access.universa.io -> Gain access -> Reserve U for UTN. That's it!
timpum

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:13:12 AM

No.
Yes, of course.

In many ways, I agree with you, Universa is similar to a centralized database. Although it is not a database, as they do not store data. But centralization is clearly in the hands of the project team.
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:38:29 AM

No.
Yes, of course.

In many ways, I agree with you, Universa is similar to a centralized database. Although it is not a database, as they do not store data. But centralization is clearly in the hands of the project team.
Hello! It's not true, since Universa is a decentralized project first of all. You should do your own research on our WP more detailed:https://universa.io/files/whitepaper.pdf?v=1.5
z1xwitch

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:43:47 AM

No.
Yes, of course.

Just because the direction is in the hands of the team, does not mean it is centralized. The use of the coin is decentralized, that is all that matters. Having a centralized direction is sometimes necessary in the beginning...but once the project is complete, there is no need for it to be centralized by the team.
I am following and interested to see where this project will go Smiley
amoredore

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:55:27 AM

No.
Yes, of course.

Just because the direction is in the hands of the team, does not mean it is centralized. The use of the coin is decentralized, that is all that matters. Having a centralized direction is sometimes necessary in the beginning...but once the project is complete, there is no need for it to be centralized by the team.
I am following and interested to see where this project will go Smiley
Yep, true words and you are right! Agree with you!
amoredore

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:58:11 AM

Hitbtc has raised the cost of utnp over 2000 NTN, what that means  Huh Huh

I have never had a good opinion about this exchange and I always try to avoid it if there are other options. The organizers are likely to change the rules at their own discretion and it is clear that greed prevails over them!
Thankfully there are other exchanges where you can trade UTN-P.
timpum

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:27:03 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 05:25:32 PM by timpum

Hello! It's not true, since Universa is a decentralized project first of all. You should do your own research on our WP more detailed:https://universa.io/files/whitepaper.pdf?v=1.5
Hello. Tell me, please, who decides on issuing licenses for node installation? As far as I know, this right belongs to the Universa leader. He can make decisions as he wants.
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:53:35 PM

Hitbtc has raised the cost of utnp over 2000 NTN, what that means  Huh Huh

HitBTC delisted UTNP. UTN was never listed on any exchange.
But the exchange can still store utnp if you kept them on this exchange before delisting. At least my utnp has been stored on a Hitbtc wallet until recently.
Yep, but we are not responsible for the exchange's activity.

I was really disappointed, you registered trading on the exchange and there is no contract to protect customers in such cases, the withdrawal fee of 2000 utnp is really too bad. I bought 20000 peak price and now my real value is zero
One more time, please. We are not responsible for the exchange's activity. You should send all your requests directly to the HitBTC support. Thanks for understanding.

It's better to forget HitBTC. Holders should withdraw their tokens. There are other exchanges have listed Universa. The trade volume on Coinbene is high. Livecoin and cobinhood are also good exchanges.

hitbtc is a shit exchange. they do what they want and the fees to deduct the token is often very very high. i am no longer at hitbtc. there are other exchanges that are better. HitBTC is died for me
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:37:43 PM

Hello. Tell me, please, who decides on issuing licenses for node installation? As far as I know, this right belongs to the Universa leader. He can make decisions as he wants.

You can learn  everything about nodes here: https://kb.universa.io/node_owner_central/31. Moreover you can join node community and clarify all the necessary information for you.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:07:32 AM

Did somebody already changed their UNTP (ERC20) to UTN?
I paid 135 UTNP, created account, but "UTNP to UTN Exchange" doesnt work. After clicking the button, nothing happens.

Please, send us a message to support@universa.io if you have any issues.
The issue is already fixed.

But why did you set maximum amount of exchangeable tokens (UTNP -> UTN) = 50 000?
Users should pay ~120 UTN per each transaction... Do you plan to increase this amount?
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:24:15 PM

I paid 135 UTNP, created account, but "UTNP to UTN Exchange" doesnt work. After clicking the button, nothing happens.

But why did you set maximum amount of exchangeable tokens (UTNP -> UTN) = 50 000?
Users should pay ~120 UTN per each transaction... Do you plan to increase this amount?

Yes, we plan to after the end of beta testing period
timpum

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:24:26 PM

They say that such a maximum amount is made for safety, as there is still no stable operation during testing. They promise to increase it later.
lovemachine

Activity: 289
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

No.
Yes, of course.

Centralized database? Ummm... How is this possible? According to the plans, Universa will hold not more than 20% of nodes if I'm not mistaken. All other nodes will be from users. Centralized? Nope. The fact that they are licensing nodes does not makes them a centralized system. They use PoA mechanism
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:53:55 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 07:10:00 PM by ampirebus

No.
Yes, of course.

Hello! Thank you for your statement. However, I would like to underline, that this is the first stage only. In future, the number of nodes owned by Universa will be limited by 10% of the total number of nodes. Meaning we'll have the full decentralization!
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:57:15 AM

IF i understand well, Proof of Authority (very similar in some way to PoI of XEM/NEM project or PoA of ethereum) is designed just as a certificate of minimum requirements and quality of any node which must every node to meet to prevent network from hiccups and unstability?
The problem is clear and logical, if you plan a capacity network you have to allow only capacity nodes. So there will be not enough nodes from beginning, and their maintenance will be expensive same like the investment to obtain them (big barrierres to get in). With the bargain starting price there is no wonder that running a node will require a big chunk of hope and enthusiasm (like at other projects in their beginnings).

A question, why you describe only intel xeon 16 physical core as a requirement, is there a problem with AMD Threadripper/EPYC which is much cheaper, safer and more cost/perf efficient or not? I can realize going with threadripper but not with overpriced xeon... waste of money and the CPU itself is a waste too...

In Pump and Dump we trust.
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:52:51 PM

IF i understand well, Proof of Authority (very similar in some way to PoI of XEM/NEM project or PoA of ethereum) is designed just as a certificate of minimum requirements and quality of any node which must every node to meet to prevent network from hiccups and unstability?
The problem is clear and logical, if you plan a capacity network you have to allow only capacity nodes. So there will be not enough nodes from beginning, and their maintenance will be expensive same like the investment to obtain them (big barrierres to get in). With the bargain starting price there is no wonder that running a node will require a big chunk of hope and enthusiasm (like at other projects in their beginnings).

A question, why you describe only intel xeon 16 physical core as a requirement, is there a problem with AMD Threadripper/EPYC which is much cheaper, safer and more cost/perf efficient or not? I can realize going with threadripper but not with overpriced xeon... waste of money and the CPU itself is a waste too...

You can get more details about nodes related questions in our Nodes chat
timpum

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:04:51 PM

Centralized database? Ummm... How is this possible? According to the plans, Universa will hold not more than 20% of nodes if I'm not mistaken. All other nodes will be from users. Centralized? Nope. The fact that they are licensing nodes does not makes them a centralized system. They use PoA mechanism
Yes, licensing is a sign of centralization. The CEO decides who gets the license. And it doesn't matter how many nodes Universa have officially.
ampirebus (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:08:43 PM

Yes, licensing is a sign of centralization. The CEO decides who gets the license. And it doesn't matter how many nodes Universa have officially.

Licensing is not intended to make platform centralized, licensing is a way to make sure that no party can gain too much power.
Basically, we are ok with anybody running the node who fulfill the requirements, as long as they don’t collect too much consensus power in single hands.
Unfortunately, there is no algorithm solution that can prevent “single hands” condition.
Therefore we have to accept that there is no any decentralization possible without such an offline pre-check.
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: