Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:44:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ☀️ [ANN] ☀️ reOrder Gateway - USA, NY based Startup|MVP - Nov. 7th  (Read 23640 times)
Shilnov (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:02:15 PM

Its really great to see an actual product in testing. Will those terminals stay in the restaurants and be used already or this was just a pure test.

It was pure test to verify our model and UX\UI fix
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:03:07 PM

Is reOrder Terminal already completed and available? Not only as demo version. Roll Eyes

Yes Sir! It was installed and tested in couple restaurants already

There's an iPad inside, right? What happens if a terminal gets stolen or broken, are they insured?

Yes it's ipads and they fixed in secure case on the customer tables. It will be insured in case of broken\stolen

this looks nice. good job guys. finally some competition for classic terminals.
wow last generation terminal already installed and tested in a few restaurants the project is already at a good point and will have a great future...

Yes, indeed! The project is already steps ahead in its development compared to most other ICOs.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:06:34 PM

wow last generation terminal already installed and tested in a few restaurants the project is already at a good point and will have a great future...

Lets hope!
This can be a great succes. Really hope they can make this project work.
Keep it up guys, cant wait to see a video in a restaurant where people use the terminal Smiley
Shilnov (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:08:40 PM

Is reOrder Terminal already completed and available? Not only as demo version. Roll Eyes

There's an iPad inside, right? What happens if a terminal gets stolen or broken, are they insured?

Yes it's ipads and they fixed in secure case on the customer tables. It will be insured in case of broken\stolen

Ipad?

Why did you choose the most expensive tablet for a not very complicated process?

You can use way cheaper tablets for this job.

But iPad probably shows some quality.

We choose ipads because they work stable for long term. Androids is not so smooth and easy in production.
It's expensive but customer have to have better customers service and business owner have to be sure system works perfectly
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:12:02 PM

Lets hope!
Keep it up guys, cant wait to see a video in a restaurant where people use the terminal Smiley
It's very good that they show pictures with the community. I think their graphic interface looks quite good which is very important for a project like this.

Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:30:46 PM

instead of new york, i would rather go for berlin, paris, moscow, rome, madrid, quebec, hongkong, istanbul and so on.

you have to widen your possibilities Smiley fast

But why instead of? (; The Team will have their reasons, why they choosed new york. And of course, when they expand, those towns are good aims for the future. Let them grow in an organic way and someday, we can use the technology everywhere.

Yes New york is a way bigger the city with a good economy, and american are open to new products.

Well let's just say New York is open to new products. There are a lot of states in the US which don't even have decent internet, so I. wouldn't say the whole of US is open Smiley
But if the product is going to succeed somewhere it will be a major city like New York.

More a problem of territory size than openess to new technologies in my opinion.
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:52:13 PM

on which exchanges is this token going to be dealt? etherdelta at first? are you in contact with other exchanges already?

We have partner who work with major US exchanges. Stay tuned. We will post more info soon

But please do no make announcements, weeks before it really get listed. It would create a big hype and therefore a big pump, followed by a big dump. I hate it when good projects become a plaything for traders.

We care only about our contributors not traders

I hope so, did you read carefully, what I have written ? Wink
"I hate it when good projects become a plaything for traders"
so I think we think the same. Do the best for the contributers/investors.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:07:37 PM

so your partnered restaurants don’t need to pay for the hardware in the end, which will be ipads probably + the extension. How do you make enough money over time to pay all the hardware etc.? Just from the ICO income? What does the restaurants pay monthly, yearly?

It is not logical to gather money only Ico. After some time it will finish, so they need regular income.

Because of terminal and installation is free, income method can be one of two or both methods. Monthly, yearly fees or commission on sales.
Just from the ICO income? Here is their revenue :
After the implementation of the project (beginning of 2018), the Company expects to profit from the following sources:
Convenience Fee – making profit at a fixed rate of $1 from each receipt (approx. 25% of all profits)
Payment processing – making profit from agent payouts for each transaction (approx. 2.5% of all profits)
Advertising – broadcast of promo videos, banners, alcohol e-catalog (approx. 25% of all profits)
Loyalty cards – the issue of pre-paid cards for payments in restaurants and stores (approx. 47.5% of all profits).

Ah thanks for the info. I was like "wtf, how can they make money when they give away their stuff for free" but of course I could have thought about advertisment etc.

But on the other hand, the "Convenience Fee" seems a bit high, or am I wrong? They want to help smaller restaurants etc, but if the owner has to pay 1$ each time they sell a dish, it could be a lot of money for the restaurant owner. Smaller restaurants often struggle with their prices because they can't be too expensive I think. If you take now 1$ from their incoming money from one dish...
Maybe the devs should think about it twice 1 $ from a single dish is a lot for a small restaurant with low profits. Maybe a certain percentage of the price of a dish would be better.

cmg12

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:17:04 PM

Lets hope!
It's very good that they show pictures with the community. I think their graphic interface looks quite good which is very important for a project like this.
Exactly what I thought. They are very professional approach to this project  Wink
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:39:20 PM

Ipad?

Why did you choose the most expensive tablet for a not very complicated process?

We choose ipads because they work stable for long term. Androids is not so smooth and easy in production.
It's expensive but customer have to have better customers service and business owner have to be sure system works perfectly

I agree on your statement. iPads are notoriously stable, so thumbs up for this choice.
Elkmar

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:02:40 PM

Nice too see some live pictures of the tests  Smiley
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

this looks nice. good job guys. finally some competition for classic terminals.

Yes, indeed! The project is already steps ahead in its development compared to most other ICOs.

Just came across this and checked out the mvp and thought: "Damn, i could adopt this technology, it's so simple and intuitive". After seeing that this is in a test use peaked my intrest ath. Damn this could be big!
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:16:27 PM

Ipad?

I agree on your statement. iPads are notoriously stable, so thumbs up for this choice.
Congratulations on the choice and early application, it prevents and identifies possible flaws and makes your platform perfect as much as desirable. Reorder will have a bright future. Attractive rates like not in competition, this will explode;)
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:20:41 PM

well nice to see that there is already a working version and that on an ipad. i think the app would even run on the first gen ipads, so it would be much more cheaper Smiley
cmg12

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:22:39 PM

Do you plan terminals for waiters too? I think there are restraunts that won't benefit if their waiters will stop taking orders altogether.

Actually yes we have. Second our product is palm POS for waiters with KPI tracking for all waiters. This product is more for full-service restaurants with very high quality of service. Where managers needs to control it.

This looks very nice and intuitive! I think that this platform will be very successful in the future  Smiley
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:26:14 PM

Is there any competive benchmark where reoreder is measured against (if any) existing bc Projects or already existing (non bc) providers?
Elkmar

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:27:31 PM

Is there any competive benchmark where reoreder is measured against (if any) existing bc Projects or already existing (non bc) providers?

I think it could compare to ERPs, but reOrder seems way more complete and powerful.
Shilnov (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:32:35 PM

so your partnered restaurants don’t need to pay for the hardware in the end, which will be ipads probably + the extension. How do you make enough money over time to pay all the hardware etc.? Just from the ICO income? What does the restaurants pay monthly, yearly?

It is not logical to gather money only Ico. After some time it will finish, so they need regular income.

Because of terminal and installation is free, income method can be one of two or both methods. Monthly, yearly fees or commission on sales.
Just from the ICO income? Here is their revenue :
After the implementation of the project (beginning of 2018), the Company expects to profit from the following sources:
Convenience Fee – making profit at a fixed rate of $1 from each receipt (approx. 25% of all profits)
Payment processing – making profit from agent payouts for each transaction (approx. 2.5% of all profits)
Advertising – broadcast of promo videos, banners, alcohol e-catalog (approx. 25% of all profits)
Loyalty cards – the issue of pre-paid cards for payments in restaurants and stores (approx. 47.5% of all profits).

Ah thanks for the info. I was like "wtf, how can they make money when they give away their stuff for free" but of course I could have thought about advertisment etc.

But on the other hand, the "Convenience Fee" seems a bit high, or am I wrong? They want to help smaller restaurants etc, but if the owner has to pay 1$ each time they sell a dish, it could be a lot of money for the restaurant owner. Smaller restaurants often struggle with their prices because they can't be too expensive I think. If you take now 1$ from their incoming money from one dish...
Maybe the devs should think about it twice 1 $ from a single dish is a lot for a small restaurant with low profits. Maybe a certain percentage of the price of a dish would be better.

Once again. We not going to charge business owner for $1 per each order.
Convenience Fee have to pay customer.

Lets count:
average receipt: $25
5% tips is $1.25
Convenience Fee $1

So instead of paying 20% tips from $25 ticket customer pays $2.25 which is about 10% on top
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:50:00 PM

Lets hope!

After seeing the demo i really don't understand how could they not make that work. It's simple as it could get, and it totally breaks down the language barrier that i had while travelling and trying to order vegetarian food. After trying for a while I just ordered beer because of pure frustration.
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:52:44 PM

In many restaurants 100% of tips go to staff not owner. If it's automatically going to the owner it's called a service charge which is considered restaurant income. If you're really talking about staff tips doesn't that mean staff's going to pay the reOrder convenience fee?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: