Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin dies does altcoin die?  (Read 17261 times)
NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
your opinion is highly appreciated. Smiley
This is a curious question, for when you see the last months statistics, you will discover how when bTC falls, all crypto suffers (take a look to https://coinmarketcap.com).
Thats really means BTC is the generator of every coin price.
If BTC die, as you say, the market will need another "generator". In my opinion, it will be ETH. For sure, some altcoins will die with BTC but I dont believe it will mean the end of cryptocurrencies.

Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:20:07 AM

Thinking of bitcoin die is like a criticism or pessimism about something.
Well if bitcoin  is die., alcoin will belost too because they have unification  or state of being partnership.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:21:37 AM

The only reason for bitcoin to die is when nobody else is using it, when all governments in the world decided to ban it, or if there came a catastrophic event where internet will be shut down. I think it's not likely that bitcoin will die, because some country are actually adopting to it, and I'm positive that bitcoin will be there till the end of time.
Well i believe that bitcoin is really not going to die in fact it is now getting more popular and more trend each days. However if the bitcoin accidentally  loss its value and die maybe all coin in crypto will be paralize because some of the altcoin is running through bitcoin exchange if bitcoin will fall to zero maybe a huge dropping of altcoin will occur but I think it is really impossible I believe this things will not going to happen.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:22:22 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagine if Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins

In my own opinion, bitcoin is the father or mother of all coins. The death of bitcoin won't happen in the near future. If bitcoin will die so as well as all the alt coins. I'm not really sure about this this is just my own opinion though. I do believe in bitcoin's technology so far no alt coin can surpass its value atm. Eth is a very good choice if bitcoin fails. As long as there are businesses or investors using bitcoin it will never die. It may lessen its value but it wont be gone forever.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:31:59 AM

As the original crypto curreny if Bitcoin die it would affect all other crypto currencies because the trust of the investors to the digital currencies will be lessen. But most probably we cannot predict if all other coins would die as well when bitcoin loose its value.

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:35:02 AM

It will drastically affect altcoin since it is the posterboy for cryptocurrency. If bitcoin inexplicably dies then the reason to believe in altcoins might falter also. But depending on the altcoin of course. There are a few altcoins who have utility in their respective projects/companies and these should help with their survival.

I guess the failures and worst thing that may happen in bitcoin will affects most also in altcoin. Based on my observation this altcoins are made as a remedy for bitcoin since it's price is too high to afford that's why we could still have a chance to earn bitcoin by means of trading. Similar cases happened like the decrease of price of bitcoin and altcoin as well, so bitcoin does have a big effect to altcoin.
Coinsher

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:35:47 AM

If bitcoin die,I think altcoins will die too.Because I imagined that the one who managed bitcoins, are also managing the altcoins or even all cryptocurrencies.I mean,to think bitcoin is the original? Maybe there's no group can create and manage their own coin without knowing the management of bitcoin.They must need first the approval of bitcoin before it will put in the cryptocoin price index.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
dzaqira09

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:59:32 AM

when the dead bitcoin is not necessarily altcoin is also dead, because many types of digital currencies in the world crypto, ETH bitcoin die instead of bitcoin ,,,
spiritguardcharles

Activity: 104
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:00:03 AM

Of course not,Bitcoin and altcoin is a different matter.We can't say that if bitcoin goes down altcoin wil go down as well since there's no connection between the two.Maybe we could consider the possibility of bitcoin being dominated by the other crypto currency such as altcoin,ethereum and etc since those currency are rivals in the world of digital currency. What i'm trying to say is if bitcoin dies,there would be a replacement which mostlikely coming from the other crypto

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
Serdaldal

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:05:23 AM

Without bitcoin alternative coins can not upgrade themshelves. Because the biggest effect on altcoin is bitcoin.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Pero20

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:11:21 AM

I do believe if bitcoin dies that altcoins will die too
ccabz

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:46:24 AM

Bitcoin is a very popular crypto coin today, we know that Bitcoin will be very expensive in the future but I imagiagain.  Bitcoin die, whether there will be hope for the future of altcoin? because most altcoin exchanges are to bitcoins
= = =

If this scenario will happen though we are hopping that it will not,  there will still be a dominoe effect if bitcoin dies.  However,  other altcoins will rise again and is stable enough to fix any problem cause by the downfall of bitcoin
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:18:38 PM

It's not if, it's when,

Bitcoin will eventually die if it doesn't evolve, it was the pioneer and we won't forget that but with other coins on the rise with real use cases  the future for crypto looks great, for BTC not so much-

My personal prediction, bitcoin dies, ETH and other useful alt-coins rise in it's place-

In my opinion, if ever bitcoin will die then so other coins.  Simply because bitcoin is the basis of all the crypto currency.  So if bitcoin will die then alt coin will likewise die   Bitcoin is the most popular and trusted digital currency so if it dies many will not believe anymore.
At least, the value of Altcoin are depending on the value of Bitcoin. I do not negate this situation, because it is the trending created by most of the trader and the whale also take advantage this opinion to buy more altcoin at cheap price when they make the Bitcoin price decreases.
LegGekkouga

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:31:11 PM

I think so because if bitcoin falls majority of the big bitcoin users will go to the biggeat altcoin but these alternative cryptos doesn't have bigtime developers so it might not be stable and may shut down quickly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SNAPCITY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Geo-location adventure game ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ TOKENSALE   ❱ ❱  ANN   ❱ ❰  BOUNTY ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:35:58 PM

As long as anyone uses bitcoin then bitcoin will not die, I thought like that when the beginning of the year, when there was a drop in the price of almost all coins, but now the price is getting better, and that is a good sign for cryptocurrancy
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

For me it does not end with bitcoin and will run for a long life because of its usefulness in nature. For altcoin alone it may die when bitcoin dies because bitcoin is popular all these coins come after bitcoin so they will not live if bitcoin is strictly prohibited in every country. Bitcoin still has a great history so we can see it will be more in the future because everyone is increasingly using everyday language. The people here make a panic after the announcement in china, but no one dared to do on bitcoin. Cool
Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:09:17 PM

I think it will be depending on the situation because even if alternate cryptocurrencies are just based from Bitcoin cryptocurrency, it has already parted itself from it and make its own way to innovation so I think even if Bitcoin will totally make a downfall, alternative cryptocurrency can still withstand and evenly survive the world of cryptocurrency unless people will be considerate and treat that the downfall of Bitcoin will also be the downfall of the whole world of cryptocurrency in general and that will makes Bitcoin and alternative coins to die simultaneously.
umar1983

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:13:29 PM

bitcoin is a moter currency,bitcoin future very bright but when bitcoin die then all alt coins die but this is not possible because is aeasiest way peer to peer
transfer money to all countries border its a border currency.
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:44:44 PM

If bitcoin dies, in my opinion all altcoin will not die that we know in time bitcoin prices are still at the price of 500 dollars, many altcoin are continuing to promote to help the growth of bitcoin, that everyone is fixated with the two trade ...
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:42:07 AM

I think the cryptocurrencies are here to stay. In the hypothetical case that bitcoin disappears, surely another or other cryptocurrencies will succeed in the market.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: