Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:13:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EventChain ⚡Solving Ticketing Problems on the Blockchain  (Read 48084 times)
IrregardlessSWC

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:07:40 PM

How are you going to keep the price from dumping during the development? I like the general idea and would use it if it goes live, but i dont get how i am going to trade it. Maybe it was.asked before.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:16:10 PM

Do I understand correctly that you can also buy the tickets on the EventChain platform with fiat currency? So I guess the fiat will be instantly converted to EVC Tokens in the background or how does the currency conversion work?
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:19:40 PM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.

So, eventchain won't charge anything or very little? Still, not clear to me.

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!

Some say a little fee. Some say no fee. What's the reality?
I'm planning to implement EventChain somewhere but I'm confused about the fee.

No fees would be unrealistic, wouldn't it? The company/devs must be paid at one point of the game, the system has to run etc pp. Probably they will be cheaper then normal fees.

Addressing the confusion regarding fees, the misunderstanding is that fees will not be passed on to the customer. There is no reason a ticket buyer should pay a fee just to buy a ticket. However, if a marketplace wants to add fees and other added value like insurance or whatever then fees could be acceptable to buyers. As a rule though EventChain has no need to charge fees since we are the event hub, so promoters will pay us a fee to promote and deploy their events etc. This is the gist of the fees structure.
This sounds really fair compared to centralized solutions. I am very excited about how the big centralized players will react on the blockchain ticket and event revolution in general.
This is the biggest blockchain problem, this technology will leave many jobless speculators Cheesy

Blockchain is a technological advancement and the advent/growth of technology has always left people unemployed. It comes at a cost of zero human error. Actually not completely zero cos the technology has to be developed by a human, but possibility of an err is drastically reduced

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:23:04 PM

I am happy to see that such a good platform could be built. I have worked in the concert events and i know that the companies that sell for us the tickets tooks a big commission. Things has to be done and videhub could be a solution.

Yes, no processing fees on SmartTickets transactions. Tickets will be cheaper for fans and directly paid to artists or promoters!

No fees would be unrealistic, wouldn't it? The company/devs must be paid at one point of the game, the system has to run etc pp. Probably they will be cheaper then normal fees.

Addressing the confusion regarding fees, the misunderstanding is that fees will not be passed on to the customer. There is no reason a ticket buyer should pay a fee just to buy a ticket. However, if a marketplace wants to add fees and other added value like insurance or whatever then fees could be acceptable to buyers. As a rule though EventChain has no need to charge fees since we are the event hub, so promoters will pay us a fee to promote and deploy their events etc. This is the gist of the fees structure.

Ah thanks for the explanation! So you charge fees but these fees are coming from the event promoter/company. So every promoter will make his own fee structure on your service, but no other fees from your site for the customers, right? But if every promoter is making their own fee structure it still could go into expensive rates, couldn't it? Will there be a system intern fee cap?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:33:30 PM

Event market really need to be decentralized. The actual management is really expensive and fees are really huge. Promoter who will use event chain will simplify the sell process. Fan will buy their ticket directly to Artist and a lower price, its good things and the market for that is really huge, so much people buy ticket.
kateheoa

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:52:19 PM

In which country this will be working? This will be for limited countries?
First there will be North America, and in half a year we will be on the European market.
when asian market will be planed? i will waiting for this one.
Same  question for Asian market. Does anyone know about it??
kuky004

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Good project, if applied to the Chinese New Year transport, it will be unlimited market. Wink
Drokzid

Activity: 931
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:55:45 PM

First there will be North America, and in half a year we will be on the European market.
Same  question for Asian market. Does anyone know about it??
Do you also plan to expand to South America? Japan and Russia could be some high potential markets to enter, too.

BTC IS KING!
windreamteam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:13:51 PM

On the alfa version , you can buy the ticket to see the Daft Punk in Tokyo on 28 september for 25.7 EVC/ ticket, you can see the Lion King le 6 october in London for 70.25 EVC.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:30:49 PM

Just discovered this project and from what I've read, it definitely sounds like this project will easily be able to fill this gap in the market and solve this (ever-growing) problem - assuming that the project manages to achieve what's listed on the roadmap. I'll have to keep researching this project for the next few days, but I think I'll be participating in the token sale.

Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:33:34 PM

On the alfa version , you can buy the ticket to see the Daft Punk in Tokyo on 28 september for 25.7 EVC/ ticket, you can see the Lion King le 6 october in London for 70.25 EVC.

Are those real or only mockup to simulate?
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:39:04 PM

Lets hope those numbers arent correct
I prefer Daft Punk over the Lion King Grin

Do I understand correctly that you can also buy the tickets on the EventChain platform with fiat currency? So I guess the fiat will be instantly converted to EVC Tokens in the background or how does the currency conversion work?

It will only be possible with the EVC Tokens. Its possible to exchange fiat to EVC tokens
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:40:03 PM

Do you also plan to expand to South America? Japan and Russia could be some high potential markets to enter, too.
I hope that in the future they will be operating at this markets. They won't have many competition in these regions and it will definitely boost their revenue  Wink
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:00:16 PM

If it's a success in America and Europe I am sure they will expand to other markets.

bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:23:15 PM

In which areas do you want to sell tickets? this is a huge market.

EventChain Smartickets can be used by event creators or organizers  anyone and anywhere in the world who need a ticketing platform.
Hash()

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:42:06 PM

How are you going to keep the price from dumping during the development? I like the general idea and would use it if it goes live, but i dont get how i am going to trade it. Maybe it was.asked before.

Development to Beta won't take long since Alpha is already well developed. We will be maintaining interest by announcing partnerships over the following 6 months and releasing previews and bounties.
Hash()

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:50:10 PM

Correct! That is the idea, although we have to evaluate the price mechanics a bit more thoroughly. Fundamentally we will be acting as a dedicated EVC exchange.
Hash()

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:58:43 PM

Ah thanks for the explanation! So you charge fees but these fees are coming from the event promoter/company. So every promoter will make his own fee structure on your service, but no other fees from your site for the customers, right? But if every promoter is making their own fee structure it still could go into expensive rates, couldn't it? Will there be a system intern fee cap?

We can't cap fees as the market decides if a ticket is worth buying. If the promoter overprices then they sell no tickets. So we will have different pricing mechanisms depending on the scale of the event etc. The simplest fee for us would be the price of a single ticket, the more complex contracts which require custom contracts might earn us a small percentage of ticket revenue.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:43:35 AM

What hard cap and soft cap? And how many tokens will be in total?
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 03:04:22 AM

What hard cap and soft cap? And how many tokens will be in total?

55 million EVC hard cap total.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: