Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:01:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some government ban bitcoin?  (Read 12574 times)
torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:22:57 PM

There is a lof answer your question. I can say to China's reason .
1- ICOs are out of control
2-Many ICOs are scams
3-The mania poses a danger to retail investors
4- China is a hotbed for the action
5-China wants its own coin
6-ICOs threaten incumbents
7-China wants a cool-off period

its from http://fortune.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

Well the matter is totally out of control.so they feel unsecured about this.sometimes it is a scam.and many of them does not know about this.so they banned it
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 04:27:23 PM

Bitcoin is a digital coin . Government not control bitcoin and no one can deposit bitcoin with all bank account. Some Country Government told that bitcoin is Money Lon daring but his conscious is  not a suitable for all. Usa support bitcoin and if any one cad deposit with bitcoin in hid credit card via any bank.
Bitcoin is a not harmful for any person.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:09:56 PM

Some Government ban bitcoin because they can't control it since its decentralize they won't be able to know how much a person is earning in bitcoin not unless the person will declare their earnings so they can't ask for tax to that person.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:15:45 PM

Some Government ban bitcoin because they can't control it since its decentralize they won't be able to know how much a person is earning in bitcoin not unless the person will declare their earnings so they can't ask for tax to that person.
In the case of Venezuela for instance, the government says that by mining bitcoins and later exchanging it into their local currency, its going to devalue their money further but in my opinion, they don't know anything about it, if he regulates the sell of bitcoins and accepts it, he is going to get some hefty money from exchanges who buy and sell bitcoins in the country.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

I See topics about banning and I want to ask.

Is botcoin really that bad? To banned by other countries?
Do the other government in other countries see something bad?
Can bitcoin be used to locate us?and see what we are doing? In short a Spyware.  

Bitcoin is not bad, it is even useful for simplifying transactions, making them more convenient. I think that governments banned Bitcoin because of its hierarchy, Bitcoin does not depend on any organization or individual. Many countries argue that using currencies that are not issued and controlled by a government or an authority is unlawful, they argue that it is not a real currency and that Bitcoin no legal instruments that can adversely affect their country. This is just my opinion
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:29:44 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 08:43:18 PM by BUK2016

Some countries ban bitcoin because of its anonymity, those countries felt they have no control over bitcoin in their countries, they felt bitcoin encourage money laundry, they believe bitcoin can be use for illegal activities that is contrary to the laws in there countries or jurisdictions. Although there are some other countries that are currently studying bitcoin and to see how they can inculcate block chain into their financial system in other to better their countries.  
Larva14

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:31:18 PM

These countries ban bitcoins because they think that bitcoins and other crypto currency are threat to their economy and security. They don't appreciate the anonymity of bitcoins and they cannot regulate the use of it. It is there problem that they cannot track the users in the transactions thus, making the system open for illegal transactions.
Ariess

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:46:48 PM

it is not like that. in fact some countries just fear the vulnerability of bitcoin is difficult to set. because bitcoin has an anonymous nature. that's why some countries reject it despite some other factors.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:55:42 PM

They can't control Bitcoin. Nobody can add a few zeros to their account unless someone has 51% of hashrate which is rather not possible. Some people are using Bitcoin for illegal transactions because it isn't easy to find out who you are if you know what you are doing and how to properly protect yourself. They will have to accept Bitcoin someday.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:03:12 PM

The bitcoins is not bad. It's the government that gets scared to the things they cannot control. They cannot regulate nor tax bitcoins because they also cannot easily track the users in every transactions. Banning the use of bitcoins in one country could create connotations making the image of cryptocurrency bad.

Governments are scared of illegal activities been done using Bitcoin. As the transactions are complicated to track, they are taking the step of banning or limiting usage. But recently countries are trying to bring regulation against the usage of cryptocurrency. Banning in few countries might be temporary till they improvise full fledged plan to curb corruption possibilities and regulation policies.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:09:35 PM

The bitcoins is not bad. It's the government that gets scared to the things they cannot control. They cannot regulate nor tax bitcoins because they also cannot easily track the users in every transactions. Banning the use of bitcoins in one country could create connotations making the image of cryptocurrency bad.

Governments are scared of illegal activities been done using Bitcoin. As the transactions are complicated to track, they are taking the step of banning or limiting usage. But recently countries are trying to bring regulation against the usage of cryptocurrency. Banning in few countries might be temporary till they improvise full fledged plan to curb corruption possibilities and regulation policies.
Regulating Bitcoin?Its not possible.They can regulate things but only on those services which do make use of it but talking on the possibilities of being used on illegal stuffs cant really be stop.If a certain person would really plan to do such thing then no one would able to stop it since he do have the full control of the funds which anyone cant really be traced on that.This is the main thing why governments dont like it and also on taxation thing.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:27:22 PM

Exactly, fear of not being in control is the main reason some governments would rather Bitcoin is banned and not the excuses they readily put forward about the use of Bitcoin for illegal  activities. But all that is much ado about nothing, Bitcoin have come to stay because it's proving to be people's vision of what money should be.
sukoon

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:22:38 AM

its because it is out of control, poses a danger to retail investors, they wants its own coin,
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:31:31 AM

I think they ban bitcoins because of two reasons:
They cannot regulate or control its use so they cannot get tax from it. They fear that illegal transactions will circulate more in the bitcoin world and they will have hard time preventing it.
They ban bitcoins because of its volatility. They won't risk investing on bitcoins especially now that the price for it so high.
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:40:33 AM

some government banned the bitcoin because it can affect their economics and their management we know that the bitcoin is got nothing nor interest taxes and others that make pay for us. this is the advantage of the bitcoin and we knwo that the government become affected if the people was not pay taxes in their daily life. i think this is the one of the reason why some country banned bitcoin. also they cant concentrate in their economics because bitcoin was have a great contribute in the economy now
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

They cannot regulate or control its use so they cannot get tax from it. They fear that illegal transactions will circulate more in the bitcoin world and they will have hard time preventing it.
They ban bitcoins because of its volatility. They won't risk investing on bitcoins especially now that the price for it so high.
maybe that was really the case .i think they ban bitcoin because they cant really controll it and they cant collect any taxes on it because it is not government money many reasons why they ban bitcoin .they cannot collect any business permit taxes etc. I think government ban bitcoin for that reason.bitcoin really affect the government.and the people arround is really amaze in bitcoin.i believe people wil choose bitcoin ovver fiat because of the benefit that bitcoin has that is why goverment ban bitcoin.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:56:57 AM

maybe that was really the case .i think they ban bitcoin because they cant really controll it and they cant collect any taxes on it because it is not government money many reasons why they ban bitcoin .they cannot collect any business permit taxes etc. I think government ban bitcoin for that reason.bitcoin really affect the government.and the people arround is really amaze in bitcoin.i believe people wil choose bitcoin ovver fiat because of the benefit that bitcoin has that is why goverment ban bitcoin.
yes i agree bitcoin really helps the most and sometimes bitcoin gives  as an easy money in terms of investment.maybe if we really used bitcoin than fiat it has really a  big different and we can really see that .now bitcoin is really amazing that is why the government well afraid that people will  use btc instead of fiat .
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:59:17 AM

In my opinion the main reason is taxation, the money we earn from bitcoin have no trail and we can cash that without paying tax to government. The other reason is that most of the investment is now happening in cryptoworld and due to that the investment in local market become less which is also a major concern of these government. Money laundering is another major issue behind that.
gondar1

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:16:50 PM

I believe they ban it because they are scared of what bitcoin can do to us people. They will lose control over us once we earn a lot. The government has lots of secrets, so it's no surprise to me if they ban bitcoin one day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: