Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104874 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:16:15 AM

It really is unbelievable how they flopped their launch. There is no way they can regain the momentum they had.
Tornand

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:57:51 AM

I would sum it up this way:
Idea: Brilliant
Technical base: Very decent (Monero)
Hype level: Great
Technical skills of Richard: Between not so much and nothing
IT project leader skills of Richard: Developing
Need for Richards technical skills after wallets are open: Little
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:31:33 AM

I don't think this is a scam they have a great product vision and one of that is about mass adoption. I think people should stop saying that they are a scam we should give them a chance to show their worth. And if this becomes successful it will be a win-win situation in all direction.

How is a great product vision ‘mass adoption’? If you release a product, everyone wants widespread acceptance. No one is going to go ‘I’ve launched this great product, I hope no one uses it’.

You have come to a thread called ‘is Electroneum a scam’, did you think it won’t have strong opinions either side? A month down and it’s still botched, from the way they did it you would think that no one has ever launched a cryptocurrency ever and has nothing to learn from. I don’t think it’s a scam, I think it smells bad and something is not right or being kept from the users - even if it launched with the best of intentions that is waning now. There is so much hype and all the diehards are quoting things from the white paper which I recommend you read as it’s just a load of marketing bumph. Of course, all those who vehemently defend it have investments in the ICO or a holding - it’s human nature to defend what we have, just look at Apple/Android fanboys.
spring07

Activity: 140

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:40:30 AM

I definitely don't think it's a scam. I only pray and hope it will be a big hit. If it does I will make a fortune outta this coin with as little as 6000 units I have.
Tornand

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:30:35 AM

The real idea is not mass adoption. This is their strategy. Their tactic is the perma airdrop. And this is the brilliant part which differs them from others. Effects on price level are unclear at the moment
invicta

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:50:32 AM

I don't think this is a scam they have a great product vision and one of that is about mass adoption. I think people should stop saying that they are a scam we should give them a chance to show their worth. And if this becomes successful it will be a win-win situation in all direction.

How is a great product vision ‘mass adoption’? If you release a product, everyone wants widespread acceptance. No one is going to go ‘I’ve launched this great product, I hope no one uses it’.

You have come to a thread called ‘is Electroneum a scam’, did you think it won’t have strong opinions either side? A month down and it’s still botched, from the way they did it you would think that no one has ever launched a cryptocurrency ever and has nothing to learn from. I don’t think it’s a scam, I think it smells bad and something is not right or being kept from the users - even if it launched with the best of intentions that is waning now. There is so much hype and all the diehards are quoting things from the white paper which I recommend you read as it’s just a load of marketing bumph. Of course, all those who vehemently defend it have investments in the ICO or a holding - it’s human nature to defend what we have, just look at Apple/Android fanboys.

As the topic stated "is Electroneum a scam" i just given my opinion as from what i feel and what i see. If you think this is a scam these updates won't be happening already and they are starting to hide their asses off they are even investing in good companies like hackerone. I didnt say that the developers were great nor Electroneum is great as we can all clearly see that they have failed in their initial launch which is not a good. I just like their vision which is mass adoption now if they execute this very well. It can give massive growth to total market value cap. I am just being possitve here as ive said it will be a win-win situation even for the haters if ever.

I am not a 'hater', I hold some, so I 'win' if it all takes off, but I do think it's a poorly-managed and executed shambles and all social media posts have been drumming up hype rather than technical explanations. The perma-airdrop is not 'brilliant', I don't think handing stuff out for doing next to nothing (running an app on a smartphone) is going to add value - it will bring users but what value is there if everyone has something. Do you think any Ferrari would be as desirable if it was as common as a Ford Focus?

There is an element of 'Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime' - if people can't or don't want to learn the basics behind cryptocurrency then I don't think over-simplifying it is the solution.

Anyway, time will tell. Though one thing is for sure; whatever happens, if this succeeds or fails, the devs will be making an absolute fortune out of this.
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:43:51 AM

If electroneum was a scam, this post would of ended by now.
invicta

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:43:45 AM

If electroneum was a scam, this post would of ended by now.

It's not a scam in the sense I do think they set out with the best of interests, just poorly executed.

And no, *if* it was a scam, the post/thread would not have ended - I don't see how you can make such an acute and blanket statement.
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:19:25 PM

News on twitter say they have suspended accounts that belonged to the CEO, dont look good for Electroneum, or so it seems.
Tornand

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:20:41 PM

News on twitter say they have suspended accounts that belonged to the CEO, dont look good for Electroneum, or so it seems.
FUD - It says it is *not* belonging to the CEO.
https://twitter.com/electroneum/status/933267079297413120
Gresik45

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:22:28 PM

I am believe Electroneum is not scam..it's real project...just wait the next step from dev..to release this project after New Year...thanks...
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:23:05 PM

FUD - It says it is *not* belonging to the CEO.
https://twitter.com/electroneum/status/933267079297413120

Yes an impersonation of his account, my bad.
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

Yes it seems thats why the CEO of electroneum deactivated his social media accounts.
Xtinah

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:33:22 PM

I believe it's not a scam
rasho321

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:35:25 PM

I have some considerations for this project. I am too far away to be an expert on crypto coins. I have just started trading it recently (Used to trade on Forex for years). All the markets are based on supply VS demand. After days reading and re-reading posts, infos and as much as I can of important infos about ETN, I have concluded that:

1 - If ETN was a SCAM, I am pretty sure they would have not stopped the ICON at 40m and would have raised more and more money and disappear after that.
2 - Instead of disappear, they are trying to get better systems for us (Monero news) and they keep in touch with everyone via email, social media, groups, etc.
3 - NONE can predict a price. That's impossible. It's up, as I said above, to the demand.
4 - It's a real fact that crypto world is still very young and a small number of people know how to walk into it. Ok, a few people knows about the existence of crypto, but most of them don't have a clue how to buy, how to use, for what does it serves, etc. ETN is looking to the masses, if they get sucess on this, the demand will be definitely HUGE.
5 - It doesn't really MATTER if it will dump at the first days, months or years, If they get success introducing the masses to it, it will grow up organically. So HODL!
6 - I have seen a LOT of people crying around groups for not buying enough coins, they are really sorry for it.
7 - About dumping it: If I bought at 0.01, WHY THE HELL I would sell for less than that? Dont make sense! If people sell their bonusses for 0.01.. I am sorry for them... it will grow later and they will cry again.

I believe in the ETN purpose, I see their vision for the future. I am in this project for at least 5 years (Unless It reaches a good price before that).
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:43:49 PM

So electroneum looks like scam...
It's a pity to hear these stories for a work that has invested so much time and invested...

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
tmschard

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:44:13 PM

Can anyone tell me what really concrete there is about Electroneum (taking away the mediatic appeal and the fireworks)?

Today I only see locked money, ICO irresponsible for lack of technical knowledge and no practical application (not even prototype).

All this together leads me to believe that this is nothing more than a scam.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:47:21 PM

I'm actually kind of wondering too right now on what happened to electroneum. They had a solid start but now they seemed to be forgotten because of what trouble they have to go through and they're taking so much time too.
tmschard

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:57:15 PM

I have some considerations for this project. I am too far away to be an expert on crypto coins. I have just started trading it recently (Used to trade on Forex for years). All the markets are based on supply VS demand. After days reading and re-reading posts, infos and as much as I can of important infos about ETN, I have concluded that:

1 - If ETN was a SCAM, I am pretty sure they would have not stopped the ICON at 40m and would have raised more and more money and disappear after that.
2 - Instead of disappear, they are trying to get better systems for us (Monero news) and they keep in touch with everyone via email, social media, groups, etc.
3 - NONE can predict a price. That's impossible. It's up, as I said above, to the demand.
4 - It's a real fact that crypto world is still very young and a small number of people know how to walk into it. Ok, a few people knows about the existence of crypto, but most of them don't have a clue how to buy, how to use, for what does it serves, etc. ETN is looking to the masses, if they get sucess on this, the demand will be definitely HUGE.
5 - It doesn't really MATTER if it will dump at the first days, months or years, If they get success introducing the masses to it, it will grow up organically. So HODL!
6 - I have seen a LOT of people crying around groups for not buying enough coins, they are really sorry for it.
7 - About dumping it: If I bought at 0.01, WHY THE HELL I would sell for less than that? Dont make sense! If people sell their bonusses for 0.01.. I am sorry for them... it will grow later and they will cry again.

I believe in the ETN purpose, I see their vision for the future. I am in this project for at least 5 years (Unless It reaches a good price before that).

Are you kidding? I doubt that you would invest today knowing that it would be this dark chaos

Not even in the nightmare would I imagine getting my investment supposedly locked up ... that's a great absurdity! A serious company would never make such a disgrace with its initial investor.

You do not think it's a SCAM because you're hoping to have your investment back ... I want your hope to come true, but at the present time, it's hard to believe it.
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:07:49 PM

Electroneum is a good project but i wonder how the mobile miners can get good deal with mobile phones.
mining with phone will eat up battery and the cpu of a phone isn't that much powerful.
i mine with 3.0 XENON cpu which has 12cores. i don't get one dollar per day.  Grin.
so i wonder how much i will get with my LG G3.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: