Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptonikaTrade

Activity: 154
Merit: 85

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:47:34 PM

really good coin for mining as we see now. Buy order wall on cryptopia equal almost 200 btc so it's can't be scam Smiley

1969Dave

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

They announced today that you can install your Electroneum wallet tomorrow on your cell but that 'mining' will be possible in January 2018. No scam if you ask me, they are taking care of security, the way it should be.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:58:43 PM

They announced today that you can install your Electroneum wallet tomorrow on your cell but that 'mining' will be possible in January 2018. No scam if you ask me, they are taking care of security, the way it should be.
The mining on smartphone is only for 2018? It is not a very good news. But it is better to have a good security than to be sorry.
felipeintheend

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:15:34 PM

well... now everyone who claimed ETN a scam can shut up now. Smiley
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:22:37 PM

yes it is very difficult for me to clarify and download my wallet address in electroneum, it has been almost a few weeks trying to install and open the site from the electroneum but still disturbed and no information, hopefully in the near future we who follow bounty electroneum can clarify immediately..
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:29:29 PM

yes it is very difficult for me to clarify and download my wallet address in electroneum, it has been almost a few weeks trying to install and open the site from the electroneum but still disturbed and no information, hopefully in the near future we who follow bounty electroneum can clarify immediately..

I wanted to invest a bit because I heard a lot of good about this coin, but I do not think it's worth it. Just when something has this opinion it is a risk of risk and your own money. Thank you for creating a thread.
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:55:12 PM

well, i'm gonna park my post here and prepare to eat some popcorns while i read all the 1st page to this on ppl who have absolutely no idea the potential of electroneum. *munch munch*

i am expecting around page 60 - 'guys, can i buy etn now' or 'i missed the train' or 'i still won't believe it'  Grin

What 'potential'? It's a Monero clone by an incompetent team with no real blockchain experience. The only reason people are interested is because they're greedy and think they'll be rich. It is massively overhyped and clearly by people who don't have any real interest in cryptocurrency.

So let me ask you this - when the ICO wallets launch and loads of coins are dumped on the market what do you think will happen? The price will drop. Do you think miners will want to mine a coin that is no longer worthwhile? If miners leave the network, few people are around to secure the network so transactions slow down and things start to grind to a halt. Mobile mining is a great big hoax - nothing useful is being done here, other than handing out coins to people who haven't earned them. If this part doesn't bother you, then I'd argue you're not that interested in the crypto behind it

I am interested to see what happens, as the coin might get carried on hype alone but I don't see a big future - you just need to look at how many coins lay by the way-side with little to no network activity.
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:58:25 PM

well, i'm gonna park my post here and prepare to eat some popcorns while i read all the 1st page to this on ppl who have absolutely no idea the potential of electroneum. *munch munch*

i am expecting around page 60 - 'guys, can i buy etn now' or 'i missed the train' or 'i still won't believe it'  Grin

What 'potential'? It's a Monero clone by an incompetent team with no real blockchain experience. The only reason people are interested is because they're greedy and think they'll be rich. It is massively overhyped and clearly by people who don't have any real interest in cryptocurrency.

So let me ask you this - when the ICO wallets launch and loads of coins are dumped on the market what do you think will happen? The price will drop. Do you think miners will want to mine a coin that is no longer worthwhile? If miners leave the network, few people are around to secure the network so transactions slow down and things start to grind to a halt. Mobile mining is a great big hoax - nothing useful is being done here, other than handing out coins to people who haven't earned them. If this part doesn't bother you, then I'd argue you're not that interested in the crypto behind it

I am interested to see what happens, as the coin might get carried on hype alone but I don't see a big future - you just need to look at how many coins lay by the way-side with little to no network activity.
Bah Humbug
invicta

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:11:46 PM

Bah Humbug

Blissful ignorance is far better than a reasoned argument, right?
felipeintheend

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:34:25 AM

All I can tell is:

- A lot of people on this thread said it would NEVER hit more than 0.02 in the next 12 months or too soon, and we was at 0.14 today. 12c currently.
- NONE here can predict ANYTHING. It's up to the market. You don't have a crystal ball to read all the holder's mind.
- You need see the FACTS. People said it was a big scam and the proofs are out there. Just open your eyes and you will see they are LEGIT.

Clarely, all the people spreading fuds here have no idea of the marketing's power.

Save my post and msg me back in 6 months. I will laugh at your face.

leftover_potato

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 02:19:54 AM

Ok, tomorrow they will launch the wallets! So, is it a scam? Nah, I don't think so Smiley
Wanna catch this train? Buy on Cryptopia!
Next they will appear on HITBtc.

In a few weeks, people will start complaining that the price of ETN has risen to high levels: I should have bought early ....

Check the countdown: http://my.electroneum.com
what is the withdrawal max for cryptopia? as far as i know, it doesn't have 2 FA or anything on KYC tier 1, 2 or 3... Huh
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:25:32 AM

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

i not sure whether its scam or not. i do believe they have a good project. but i dont really trust a new wallet. i rather using mew that already secure and already used by many people than trying a new wallet that i didnt know for sure whether its scam or not.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:53:32 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 02:18:51 AM by De Suga09

Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

I personally think this could be one of the best ICOs of the year. Please remember though that all investments like this are still incredibly risky, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:07:03 AM

I wanted to invest a bit because I heard a lot of good about this coin, but I do not think it's worth it. Just when something has this opinion it is a risk of risk and your own money. Thank you for creating a thread.

If you want to invest with Electroneum, it's better to wait for them listed on exchange, maybe in this way you'll never have a big risk to invest with Electroneum, but this is my only advice, it all depends on you.
pd616n12

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:29:03 AM

It doesn't seem like a scam at all. The project itself has no scam-like features.
leftover_potato

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:28:48 AM

oh wow the amount of butthurt i can't even!  Grin

can't see a big future? maybe u need glasses.  Wink
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:41:11 AM

The electeoneum is now launching surely and i even got a mail from them and they are really launching soon i am hoping that they will be successful and they are not scam
Ambonjaya

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:10:43 AM

All the racist comments towards people that were asking some critical questions were ridiculous as well.
Agreed, I was actually browsing their facebook to find some answers.
There were a few people asking some legit questions (not the trolls) which then got answered by the fanboys with nonsense answers.
invicta

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:08:47 AM

'Can't even' what? Can't even write a proper sentence? Why would I be 'butthurt' given I hold ETN and mine it? It's still possible to disagree with something and be involved.

But yours is stereotypical discipline/fanboy response and it's pretty clear there is zero innovation behind this project, not necessarily a scam, but people like you epitomise everything about why it's hype driven and not by any kind of technical merit - when the response to an argument is ad hominem (look it up on Google if you don't understand). And hype is the only thing that will get this through in the short-term.

Before you say, the technical aspects don't matter, well they do, because without that you have no-one validating transactions on the network if the miners aren't interested. But let's say it gets to 20c, and people try to convert that to fiat - what exactly do you think is going to happen? Do you think a single mid-level exchange is going to be able to handle that? Or maybe the price will plummet and trading stop.

I don't expect a reasoned response because you clearly haven't thought it through, though there are people in support of Electroneum who have, so I'd welcome their response. Of the mining community I spoke to, they said as soon as the price falls they will dump their existing coins (those who weren't doing it daily) and switch their power elsewhere.
leftover_potato

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:10:35 AM

'Can't even' what? Can't even write a proper sentence? Why would I be 'butthurt' given I hold ETN and mine it? It's still possible to disagree with something and be involved.

But yours is stereotypical discipline/fanboy response and it's pretty clear there is zero innovation behind this project, not necessarily a scam, but people like you epitomise everything about why it's hype driven and not by any kind of technical merit - when the response to an argument is ad hominem (look it up on Google if you don't understand). And hype is the only thing that will get this through in the short-term.

Before you say, the technical aspects don't matter, well they do, because without that you have no-one validating transactions on the network if the miners aren't interested. But let's say it gets to 20c, and people try to convert that to fiat - what exactly do you think is going to happen? Do you think a single mid-level exchange is going to be able to handle that? Or maybe the price will plummet and trading stop.

I don't expect a reasoned response because you clearly haven't thought it through, though there are people in support of Electroneum who have, so I'd welcome their response. Of the mining community I spoke to, they said as soon as the price falls they will dump their existing coins (those who weren't doing it daily) and switch their power elsewhere.

ya-da ya-da ya-da but no substance to claim your statement. oh well. ignored.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: