Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM???  (Read 104874 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Z33IMPUL

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:51:20 PM

I got into the app rather easily after reinstalling it. I have to say the app is actually pretty nice. I like how you can see the ETN price in BTC/USD/EUR etc directly from the app. How it has a calculator built in etc. This makes it easy for mass adoption to occur. Cool stuff.
benjaminoo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:51:54 AM

Definitely not a scam. I was able to gain access to my account after a few hours of trying. Transferred some of the coins to Cryptopia and sold them for Bitcoin.

So there you have it... If that isn't proof enough that this is legit, I don't know what is.

Two of my friends have had the same experience. If you're still locked out, just keep trying. The server load will reduce eventually and allow you in.

cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:55:16 AM

Their first launching is a failure with the wallet problems they have faced many investors lose opportunities to gain profits,if their second launch is a failure yes it will look like a scam.

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:55:45 AM

I got into the app rather easily after reinstalling it. I have to say the app is actually pretty nice. I like how you can see the ETN price in BTC/USD/EUR etc directly from the app. How it has a calculator built in etc. This makes it easy for mass adoption to occur. Cool stuff.

Agreed. That really makes it the most user-friendly crypto I've seen so far. They even have a section in the app with links to all exchanges that list ETN (currently only one though). It's these small things that assist noobs in getting to know the world of crypto.

Have you tried out the referral feature yet?

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:58:16 AM

Their first launching is a failure with the wallet problems they have faced many investors lose opportunities to gain profits,if their second launch is a failure yes it will look like a scam.

The first launch was a failure due to hackers trying to break into the system. So they shut it down to make sure everything is safe.

The second launch happened two days ago. There were a few hiccups due to high server load, and some people are still struggling to access the site. But all this is happening in the name of safety. If you can't get into your own account yet, rest assured that NOBODY else is able to access your account and steal your coins.

I've successfully accessed my account, transferred some coins to Cryptopia, and sold them.

So no, not a scam.

invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:34:11 AM

The first launch was a failure due to hackers trying to break into the system. So they shut it down to make sure everything is safe.

The second launch happened two days ago. There were a few hiccups due to high server load, and some people are still struggling to access the site. But all this is happening in the name of safety. If you can't get into your own account yet, rest assured that NOBODY else is able to access your account and steal your coins.

I've successfully accessed my account, transferred some coins to Cryptopia, and sold them.

So no, not a scam.

No-on claimed responsibility for the first hack. Second time round they blamed Amazon, didn't even try to accept any responsibility themselves, it's always someone else's fault.

And no, this isn't helping 'noobs', there are some pretty important aspects of cryptocurrency that you all seem willing to ignore: private keys for your web wallet, who is validating the network and how many people still can't get into their accounts. And how come no-one has spoken up about the fact that in the help section there is just one article? Or how 'mobile mining', whenever that turns up, isn't actually mining at all.

It's no surprise you want it to be big as an investor but you really should think about these important questions rather than all-round defence.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:37:00 AM

Safe to say this definitely wasn't a scam. I have been able to reset my account password, transfer tokens to Cryptopia and then sell on there. It's volume of trading is impressive.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:48:15 AM

I have said it before and I'll say it again: not an outright scam. But I'm still on the fence about this project, now that I've learned more about crypto and seen how this launch has been run.

They delayed the official launch by one month, engaged a fancy security firm and a middle-of-the-road PR firm and they still couldn't anticipate how many people would want to claim their coins and had their website crashing? Bungling not one but two launches is a little much.

To me this means one of two things:

1) They are too under-prepared (incompetent) to be managing a program with this volume of investors and participants, which makes me wonder how the hell they're going to successfully pull off and run their  'mobile-mining' app

or

2) The delays and website crashes were meant to deliberately stagger access to the coins, so as to avoid an all-out dump and crash in the price after the launch. Which means they are are playing their investors for fools.

Full disclosure: I was really into ETN in the beginning and in fact you could say it was my 'gateway coin' into the world of crypto.  I've sold off my ICO coins at what I feel is a pretty good profit and I'm monitoring the market to see whether it's worth it to buy back in again, or whether this is going to tank like B3 coin did.
invicta

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:23:01 PM

I have said it before and I'll say it again: not an outright scam. But I'm still on the fence about this project, now that I've learned more about crypto and seen how this launch has been run.

They delayed the official launch by one month, engaged a fancy security firm and a middle-of-the-road PR firm and they still couldn't anticipate how many people would want to claim their coins and had their website crashing? Bungling not one but two launches is a little much.

To me this means one of two things:

1) They are too under-prepared (incompetent) to be managing a program with this volume of investors and participants, which makes me wonder how the hell they're going to successfully pull off and run their  'mobile-mining' app

or

2) The delays and website crashes were meant to deliberately stagger access to the coins, so as to avoid an all-out dump and crash in the price after the launch. Which means they are are playing their investors for fools.

Full disclosure: I was really into ETN in the beginning and in fact you could say it was my 'gateway coin' into the world of crypto.  I've sold off my ICO coins at what I feel is a pretty good profit and I'm monitoring the market to see whether it's worth it to buy back in again, or whether this is going to tank like B3 coin did.

Fully agree with that sentiment and well put across. I think it’s more point 1. I’d like to give them benefit of doubt that it’s point 2, because that would be incredibly low not that they’d ever admit it.

I want to see how they hand mobile mining but mostly because it’s all about centralisation and it doesn’t do what real mining does (i.e. securing the network and validating transactions) - also to see if they can actually get that part right without bungling it.
puranijeans0011

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:40:48 PM

I will keep my faith in them. It's a sleeping giant in my eyes. Relaunching took time, but only for the investors own interest, to keep it secure and safe to launch.
Looks like a bunch of professional scammers to me to be honest.  I wouldnt trust it even by touching it with a stick.  But look at this money they are raising, its hard to tell how much of it is actually real.  Electroneum doesnt make much sense to me, and past projects that use flashy words and catch phrases that didnt make sense didnt turn out so well.
Z33IMPUL

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:35:09 PM

no i think electroneum is absolutely scam,you can see at electroneum price.

What does that even mean?
Antiqua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:56:07 PM

ETN price fall about 50% from original price, most of ICO always happen at that way
so i think that is no big deal to said it will SCAM
i think i will read more because some of my friend already mined it

Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:58:17 PM

I agree. It seems that they were not really prepared or something so it was a failure. Good thing now is they are slowly pulling their reputation back by fixing the project as well as releasing a very helpful app we can use everyday.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:02:25 PM

ETN price fall about 50% from original price, most of ICO always happen at that way

We cannot say if electroneum are really scam, right now the investor and the bounty hunter cannot received their token in the electroneum website wallet it said that the balance are updating hope our token will update soon.
The price are down so high but I think this not normal because the bounty hunter never received their reward so who responsible for the dump happen?

IvanIvanovi4

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:51:36 PM

A password stealer in a miner from official site is such a present. Not a scam for sure Cheesy
https://i.imgur.com/96aXX6w.png
Don't get surprised if you won't see tokens on your wallets some day  Wink

I don’t like new currencies which are growing with a high speed in a short time. But otherwise of its price Electroneum isn’t looking as a scam. Maybe the price is pumped such kind of things everywhere now.
What are you even talking about? I didn't say what you won't be able to use ETN. I said what you may lose all your other coins coz of password stealer in their miner.
Nana21

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:28:44 PM

I wonder if these poeple who thought it was scam from the very begignning changed their minds.
benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

No-on claimed responsibility for the first hack. Second time round they blamed Amazon, didn't even try to accept any responsibility themselves, it's always someone else's fault.

And no, this isn't helping 'noobs', there are some pretty important aspects of cryptocurrency that you all seem willing to ignore: private keys for your web wallet, who is validating the network and how many people still can't get into their accounts. And how come no-one has spoken up about the fact that in the help section there is just one article? Or how 'mobile mining', whenever that turns up, isn't actually mining at all.

It's no surprise you want it to be big as an investor but you really should think about these important questions rather than all-round defence.

I know I'm a little biased being an early investor myself. But I really think this coin is destined for great things, granted that the team will be able to pull it off.

Private keys if the app wallets are handled by the Electroneum team, just like exchanges handle the keys of coins they receive. They are encouraging people to withdraw to paper wallets for extra security.

The network is validated by the wider mining community. The app is just an easy tool that submits transactions tot the blockchain. You could do it all before using the command line wallet, but the app just makes it so much more user friendly. It's basically doing to cryptocurrencies what Steve Jobs did to computers - prepare them for use by the masses.

Mobile mining was never advertised as real mining. It was always a mobile mining experience and a simulation. The coins are distributed to participants for helping to advertise and market the coin, not for securing blockchain transactions. The fact that the team can pull of the entire mining thing remains to be seen. Let's hope they don't stiff it up...

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:12:24 PM

We cannot say if electroneum are really scam, right now the investor and the bounty hunter cannot received their token in the electroneum website wallet it said that the balance are updating hope our token will update soon.
The price are down so high but I think this not normal because the bounty hunter never received their reward so who responsible for the dump happen?

The total number of coins promised in the bounty program was by 20 million, which is but a drop in the bucket compared to the 5 billion coins sold in the ICO. So once the bounty hunters receive their coins and dump them, it won't really make a difference in the price.

At the current price, all bounty coins would come to about 68 BTC. There are more than 300 BTC in buy orders currently on Cryptopia.

dragonbhai

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

I wonder if these poeple who thought it was scam from the very begignning changed their minds.
I don't think so Electroneum is scam. It's normal that many people will many comments negative and positive.  I have seen myself about it. But I bought myself some coin. I believe it's not scam. It's really good to see that they are fill full their terget before ICO campaign. It will be clear after 1st November.
lossy

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:24:50 PM

Im not sure but electroneum is on hype now for reason I still don't know I see so many people interested in buying ETN in social medias lately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: